Farming Riftcinder + Heavy Metal How To Go About It?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Farming Riftcinder + Heavy Metal How to go about it?
Farming Riftcinder + Heavy Metal How to go about it?
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Materdark
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-23 17:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Riftcinder

credit bg-wiki

I would like to know whats the best way to going about farming Riftcinder?

Planar Rift

Trading those item to Planar Rift

Increase the chance to drop those?

Blue: Quantity of drops +50% (150% max). (Affected by Cobalt Cell)
Red: Quality of drops +50% (150% max). (Affected by Rubicund Cell)

Botulus Rex

Botulus Rex

Morta

Morta

Since i'm returning player feel like voidstones are maxed out.
rare drops from those two?

I am using Thf/DNC for proc as well and Trust

Old data still worth seeing

After killing Aello x100+ guess what I found?

Only 9 Heavy Metal Pouch gona try out Uptala and see as well
This me procing when can and trading 106 Cobalt Cell

Data below seen screenshot below:

Website links below:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/development/census/11/7.html
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-23 17:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The best way to farm cinder is make mules and farm ambuscade.

Morta Ig-Alimia Botulous and Bismarck drop it, but the rate is abysmal, cells or not. Expect a thousand kills to get your 60, simple but time consuming.

http://ffxidb.com/items/3499
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2024-02-23 17:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

farm gil with other methods and buy them.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-23 17:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Drakelth said: »

is anyone else using voidstones for something else lol?

I think i will have to report my findings after killing 100s
here
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-23 17:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Materdark said: »

is anyone else using voidstones for something else lol?

Nope, best thing you can do with them is farm one of those 4, typically bismarck, but thats a secret and it's more of a dross dropper than cinder.

Not to be confused with "a good use of time", but "the best you can do, with them, if you want to use them"
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-23 17:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think i will have to report my findings after killing 100s
here

You can do that if you want, but there are already tens of thousands of results on ffxidb, and thousands on ffxiclopedia. We know the drop rates.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-23 18:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

SE if you watching me bless me with those items lol
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-23 18:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Get all your key items to increase stock of voidstones, and then spam Aello for Heavy Metals. Better off to save gil for cinders. The drop rate of Heavy Metal Pouches is low, but if you're lucky, you will get some over time.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-23 18:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Get all your key items to increase stock of voidstones, and then spam Aello for Heavy Metals. Better off to save gil for cinders. The drop rate of Heavy Metal Pouches is low, but if you're lucky, you will get some over time.

If you've stumbled across this thread and wonder best gil:stone?, this is the right answer, totally spam aello uptala or qilin and stay away from bismarck.
By Seun 2024-02-23 19:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed.

Farming VW for cinder/dross vs HMP pouches is roughly equivalent, but both methods trail behind most anything else you would spend that time on farming elsewhere.
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-24 06:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Aello

that's the other one I was looking into Heavy Metal Pouch

Botulus Rex and Morta killing 100s of time then see with Aello cheers

I need to do the quest for holding 6 voidstones. As of now only can hold 5
 Valefor.Flameblade
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Flameblade 2024-02-24 07:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget you can have stones pulled directly from stock now. You just have to talk to the npc that gives you your stones. Good luck!
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-24 07:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Flameblade said: »
Don't forget you can have stones pulled directly from stock now. You just have to talk to the npc that gives you your stones. Good luck!

I just found about that just now just reading lol which is not bad

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Voidstone

Quote:
Speak to any Voidwatch Officer while having at least one Key ItemVoidstone in your possession. First, choose to "Ask a Bunch of Questions". At the bottom of the list, choose "Voidstone Consumption". Choosing "Take From Stock" will allow you to use voidstones without having to run back and refill them, until you've run out completely.
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-02-24 08:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just kill Uptala fast/easy to solo or group w/e works for you.. pouch droprate seems decent and sell HM and buy cinders..
[+]
By K123 2024-02-24 08:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

afk bot them like everyone else
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-24 08:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karppa said: »
Just kill Uptala fast/easy to solo or group w/e works for you.. pouch droprate seems decent and sell HM and buy cinders..

I will need to do the quest https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Voidwatch_Ops:_Border_Crossing
can only do Aello right now
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-02-24 08:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I will need to do the quest https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Voidwatch_Ops:_Border_Crossing
can only do Aello right now

Ok Uptala seems less camped if u wanna solo and and avoid botters. Aeollo can do fine as well,but just do quest.last VW event didnt find much other campers when spamming Uptala. in Asura I mean. idk about other servers..
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-24 08:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok Uptala seems less camped if u wanna solo and and avoid botters. Aeollo can do fine as well,but just do quest.last VW event didnt find much other campers when spamming Uptala. in Asura I mean. idk about other servers..

Sorry I do have it...
By Taint 2024-02-24 09:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of event I'm 97% sure you need Cobalt for Metals/Cinder. Its been a long time but I've done thousands. Outside of event was always better for metal/cinders as well. (less first slot competition)

Its a base of 100% and you need 3 drop slots for Metal/Cinder. Cobalt brings you do 250% which rounds to 3 slots.

Rubi is what doesn't matter unless you are after Glowy weapons.

This assumes you aren't procing at all and just spamming mobs.
 Bahamut.Eisenzahn
Server: Bahamut
user: DrGonzo
By Bahamut.Eisenzahn 2024-02-24 12:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you had obscene amounts of voidstones, Ive converted about 7500 stones into half a billion+ over the last year with enough cinder for multiple empys.

Gear up sam or war (or we flavor DD you want), double light/radiance down morta for cinder, same for aello for plates, or just savage spam.

Always trade cobalt and rubicund, setup a mule to inherit the crazy amount of materials, stash pulses in dbox unless you just want cash. Trading cells every time you will still go on an infinite upward cruor aggregation. Dont bother outside of VW event, period.
[+]
By Taint 2024-02-24 16:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had better luck outside of event for strictly metal/cinders its just a much bigger pain to purchase and carry all the cells in inventory.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-02-24 17:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
I've had better luck outside of event for strictly metal/cinders its just a much bigger pain to purchase and carry all the cells in inventory.
A lot better now that its just 1 of each cell vs 3 to cap its effect, but I've been told what you experienced by many others as well.
 Bahamut.Eisenzahn
By Bahamut.Eisenzahn 2024-02-24 19:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Missing out on the stacks of angelskin, morta sap, kitrons, goldsmithing mats, 300k+ regen V scrolls, etc... I never felt it was worth it to burn precious stones on anything but the ideal output and the stacks and stacks of mats are a LOT of money especially if you have patience to sell them out of event.
By Sulryn 2024-02-24 19:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Macrocosmic orb campaign has a fairly decent rate of dropping heavy metal plates and pouches.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-24 19:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eisenzahn said: »
Missing out on the stacks of angelskin, morta sap, kitrons, goldsmithing mats, 300k+ regen V scrolls, etc... I never felt it was worth it to burn precious stones on anything but the ideal output and the stacks and stacks of mats are a LOT of money especially if you have patience to sell them out of event.

Yep, one person's trash.

Sulryn said: »
Macrocosmic orb campaign has a fairly decent rate of dropping heavy metal plates and pouches.

I do not agree. Yes, you can get pouches from the event, but they are quite rare. I burn these regularly and you don't get anywhere near enough to say it is a "fairly decent rate". Still, it is nice to get a few here and there.
By Hopalong 2024-02-24 20:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Its the age old question of how much gil per hour can you earn.

I'd like to see how much gil per hour you can earn from each of those 2/4 bosses.

I go between 1.5-4 mil per hour using standard methods other than voidwatch. I do zero Ambuscade so it could be a whole lot higher.
Currently sitting on 6735 voidstones which I think is a lot. Sure I'd like to change that into gil but other gil methods fasters so not gonna touch it.

Its the people that automate the fights that get benefit from voidstones and is why so many of yall automate them.

Macroscopic campaign is only if you need the chapters or bored. I tried to do it, made some gil, but it was mostly running around warping etc for barely worth any gil that took a lot to get rid of. Same as Nyzul campign, only worth it if building zmn set or rolling the dice together with tokens needed for a mythic.
 Bahamut.Eisenzahn
By Bahamut.Eisenzahn 2024-02-24 22:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, one person's trash.

Brother, if 500k a stack is trash to you, enjoy your life and however you make gil.
[+]
By Tarage 2024-02-24 23:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I love that you made two threads and refused to listen to anyone or do any reading yourself.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sulryn
user: Sulryn
By Bahamut.Sulryn 2024-02-25 02:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not agree. Yes, you can get pouches from the event, but they are quite rare. I burn these regularly and you don't get anywhere near enough to say it is a "fairly decent rate". Still, it is nice to get a few here and there.

In my opinion, the benefit of Macrocosmic orb is the sheer amount of loot: extra Vagary mats, the pluton/beitetsu/riftboulder, and almost every run I get at least a heavy metal plate. I got 9 pouches and 60+ plates in this month spending the stock of seal I didnt use before, and outside of VW campaign and Ambuscade I think this is decent enough.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-25 10:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, one person's trash.

Brother, if 500k a stack is trash to you, enjoy your life and however you make gil.

You didn't understand my comment. That's fine, because it was the beginning of a saying I assumed most would know. One person's trash is another person's gold. I was saying that those people who think those items are trash aren't looking at the bigger picture.

Bahamut.Sulryn said: »

In my opinion, the benefit of Macrocosmic orb is the sheer amount of loot: extra Vagary mats, the pluton/beitetsu/riftboulder, and almost every run I get at least a heavy metal plate. I got 9 pouches and 60+ plates in this month spending the stock of seal I didnt use before, and outside of VW campaign and Ambuscade I think this is decent enough.

9 pouches??? How many seals did you have??? Like, 4000?? I usually have 500-1000 and I might get 1 or 2 pouches if I'm lucky. Now, I agree that macrocosmic is fairly decent in dropping random stuff to sell, but let's face it. Unless you have a ridiculous amount of seals to burn, you aren't getting that many pouches each time the campaign comes around. Not unless you're super lucky and/or have multiple characters doing this.

Also, we need to remember that this takes Sacred Kindred Crests, and login points are the best way to get a lot of these. A returning player may be buying other things with their points, and they won't naturally have a surplus built up from years of play.

Yes, macrocosmic orb fights drop heavy metals. But it is at an average rate. If you can make gil faster with other methods, it would be better to do that and buy stacks of metals, than it would be to rely on orbs. This may give you a few extra metals over time, but it is scraps in comparison.
First Page 2 3