What If SE Introduced Campaign Weaponskills?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What if SE introduced Campaign Weaponskills?
What if SE introduced Campaign Weaponskills?
By Masaru 2024-02-13 05:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't it a violation of the rules?
“Don't give threads stupid or misleading titles.”
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-02-13 06:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

GO POST ON THE OFFICIAL FORUMS. THAT'S WHERE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T READ THE ROOM POST THEIR RANTS
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
Server: Asura
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-13 08:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I don't agree with introducing new weaponskills. SE just released new weaponskills with Prime weapons. Instead, I'd prefer SE stop giving us Master Trials and give us more battlefields like the new Flan fight. Even if it was every 3-4 months, at least we get to do something new that rewards us with more than useless lockstyle gear.

Dreaming of introducing campaign weaponskills is like me dreaming of SE giving us ilvl Limbus, or ilvl Salvage, or ilvl Garrison. None of that is happening, because SE is doing jack with this game, other than implementing the smallest amounts of quality of life stuff, along with the odd Master Trial.

They are spending most of their time trying to make the game sustainable for the future. If you read recent interviews from Yoji Fujito, you would understand what they are doing. We just have to be happy with what the game has and move on. This isn't me attacking you, or being a negative nancy. Just stating facts... that I struggled to accept for years, and it took a year away from the game to learn to not be bothered by SE's clear lack of backing for the game.

PS: The title for this thread was complete clickbait and I do not appreciate it. That is just part of the reason why people aren't happy with this post.

I apologize guys I have changed the title me personally want the WS skill ability like I said its easy for the dev to do.

Samudra
Lex Talionis
Griffinclaw
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2024-02-13 10:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
TP bonus +1000 weapons that actually have reasonable stats and damage anyone? Tell me you're not frothing at the prospect of spending weeks and months camping weather to max out those elemental affinity staves. I dare you.

This is the most reasonable post in the thread.
I'd happily grind for 6 months to turn my Centovente into a 119 version. Definitely better than shitty master trials.

Also, I'm gay.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-13 10:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Materdark said: »
I don't agree with introducing new weaponskills. SE just released new weaponskills with Prime weapons. Instead, I'd prefer SE stop giving us Master Trials and give us more battlefields like the new Flan fight. Even if it was every 3-4 months, at least we get to do something new that rewards us with more than useless lockstyle gear.

Dreaming of introducing campaign weaponskills is like me dreaming of SE giving us ilvl Limbus, or ilvl Salvage, or ilvl Garrison. None of that is happening, because SE is doing jack with this game, other than implementing the smallest amounts of quality of life stuff, along with the odd Master Trial.

They are spending most of their time trying to make the game sustainable for the future. If you read recent interviews from Yoji Fujito, you would understand what they are doing. We just have to be happy with what the game has and move on. This isn't me attacking you, or being a negative nancy. Just stating facts... that I struggled to accept for years, and it took a year away from the game to learn to not be bothered by SE's clear lack of backing for the game.

PS: The title for this thread was complete clickbait and I do not appreciate it. That is just part of the reason why people aren't happy with this post.

I apologize guys I have changed the title me personally want the WS skill ability like I said its easy for the dev to do.

Samudra
Lex Talionis
Griffinclaw

You hardly changed the title at all. It is still clickbait-y. Change it to something more in line with your subject matter. Something like, "What if SE introduced Campaign Weaponskills?". At least then, people know what they are getting in to before they click it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-02-13 10:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

straightforward title means straightforward answers, and he doesn't want that.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-02-13 10:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sensarity said: »
I'd happily grind for 6 months to turn my Centovente into a 119 version.

Introducing Purple Hallways: The Trilogy. Couldn't get enough of purple in Odyssey and Sortie? Now we have reskinned every other zone in purple so you can camp there for six months to ilvl your TP weapons! Now with added purple! Purple mobs, purple procs, purple walls, purple weather, purple skies, purple crystals, 50 shades of purple glows, you even turn into a purple Memberberry when you enter the zone and every melee hit plays a "I 'member" sound.

When completed, your new ilvl weapons will talk to each other and say fun things like: "'Member Kirin! I member!", "Member penta-spam? I member", "Member Kazham? I member!", "Member waiting six hours for a party?! I don't member", and "'Member who ruined the game? FUJITO!'".

Please look forward to it. Or don't. We don't care.
[+]
 Bahamut.Noscrying
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2024-02-13 12:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Materdark said: »
me personally want the WS skill ability like I said its easy for the dev to do.

Samudra
Lex Talionis
Griffinclaw

It's just so easy for the devs guys.
Just make it fit every race with their height, body size, proportions.
Easy peasy, what do you mean it was aborted and only certain ones have rigs and animations ready?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-02-13 13:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I can have my dream!
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-02-13 14:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »

When completed, your new ilvl weapons will talk to each other and say fun things like: "'Member Kirin! I member!", "Member penta-spam? I member", "Member Kazham? I member!", "Member waiting six hours for a party?! I don't member", and "'Member who ruined the game? FUJITO!'".

Please look forward to it. Or don't. We don't care.

Much credit for wanting purple member-berries weapons from the king of purple zones.
[+]
By waffle 2024-02-13 14:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Noscrying said: »
It's just so easy for the devs guys.
Just make it fit every race with their height, body size, proportions.
Easy peasy, what do you mean it was aborted and only certain ones have rigs and animations ready?

I don't want to defend this, but those three actually are available to players of all races and sizes.
[+]