What If SE Introduced Campaign Weaponskills?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What if SE introduced Campaign Weaponskills?
What if SE introduced Campaign Weaponskills?
First Page 2
 Asura.Materdark
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-12 12:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to see weapon skills implemented in our new ultimate weapons from Wings of the Goddess. This should be relatively easy for the developers since these skills are already designed for them.

Maybe add them to path weapons 119+

Samudra

Lex Talionis

Griffinclaw

**Napalm Tomahawk**

**Iainuki**

**Soulfetter Arrow**

**Bloody Quarrel**

**Death Knell**

If you want to see them in action I might need to visit those areas again. Low quality.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Might be a overkill
[+]
By K123 2024-02-12 12:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are you from in the UK? I am trying to understand you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-02-12 13:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

just...stop dude. This clearly isn't the game for you.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-02-12 13:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you delete someone else's account
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-12 14:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

so you can be cry baby never !!!
[+]
By Aquatiq 2024-02-12 14:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

average ballista enjoyer
[+]
By Godfry 2024-02-12 14:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop bullying the content creator!
[+]
By Seun 2024-02-12 14:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Materdark said: »
so you can be cry baby never !!!

Shake the haters off. They're just jealous of your jean jacket +3
By RadialArcana 2024-02-12 14:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

people are mad cause you made a thread called "new content" and everyone thought there was some new content announced or something, and it wasn't.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-12 14:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
people are mad cause you made a thread called "new content" and everyone thought there was some new content announced or something, and it wasn't.

you never know dev guys might be looking at this post and might throw this for us stay optimistic my friend :P
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-12 15:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's more likely people are mad because his posts are garbage-tier nonsense that look like they were written by a 6 year old, with the creativity of an 8 year old.

I would like to see weapon skills implemented in our new ultimate weapons from Wings of the Goddess.

This sentence is gibberish. I have tried really hard to understand what you're saying, but it makes absolutely no sense. Are you looking for new ultimate weapons from a 16 year old expansion? Why would you think they would do that?

This should be relatively easy for the developers since these skills are already designed for them.

In what way were the skills "designed" for them? There are only (according to your list) 8 WS. There are at least 14 weapon types and 22 jobs. Also consider: the WS only used by NPCs most likely only have animations for that NPC's race, so they'd have to design at least 4 more animations for each one. Also half of these WS are unique things like doom/status effects, with no damage. These would either be totally overpowered or entirely useless.

What is a path weapon? What in the world is anyone supposed to take away from this sentence?

Might be some overkills

This sentence also has terrible English grammar.

This is why everyone thinks you're an AI. Nothing you say makes any sense, you have very little understanding of FFXI, and every post is an extremely basic, surface-level idea with absolutely no thought put into it.
[+]
By Seun 2024-02-12 15:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

What is a path weapon? What in the world is anyone supposed to take away from this sentence?

Gonna take a stab here and guess they're talking about Magian trial weapons being expanded from lv 99 to ilvl 119?

TP bonus +1000 weapons that actually have reasonable stats and damage anyone? Tell me you're not frothing at the prospect of spending weeks and months camping weather to max out those elemental affinity staves. I dare you.
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-12 15:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

In what way were the skills "designed" for them? There are only (according to your list) 8 WS. There are at least 14 weapon types and 22 jobs. Also consider: the WS only used by NPCs most likely only have animations for that NPC's race, so they'd have to design at least 4 more animations for each one. Also half of these WS are unique things like doom/status effects, with no damage. These would either be totally overpowered or entirely useless.

idk man I felt like when Odin was out for SMN he was powerful too with one shot kill

I think blue mage gets something like that too ? doom spell?

Quote:

Just an idea they can add the weapon skills to any path on

Relic Weapon, Mythic Weapon, or Empyrean Weapons.

This was wanted back in 2019 lol time change
By SimonSes 2024-02-12 15:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

idk man I felt like when Odin was out for SMN he was powerful too with one shot kill

I think blue mage gets something like that too ? doom spell?

Quote:

This was wanted back in 2019 lol time change

I know im falling into a trap, but there is a difference between doom spell tied to 5min cooldown ability and weaponskill that can be used every 5 sec.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-02-12 15:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Game is in "maintenance mode". Why you wasting time theory crafting new content.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-12 15:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I know im falling into a trap, but there is a difference between doom spell tied to 5min cooldown ability and weaponskill that can be used every 5 sec.

Funny examples too, because Odin is entirely useless and Cruel Joke is used EXTREMELY infrequently. If they gave a Doom WS, it would see very infrequent use, and when it was used, it would be OP as hell.

There are no paths for any of these weapons.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-02-12 15:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-02-12 16:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a 14 year old conversation where the fanboys wanted Uriel Blade and the other Campaign Weaponskills. It was shut down then as being too overpowered....and this "content creator" brings it back up with zero understanding of the game or the fact that its the same damn conversation and same problems, now just with iLvl weapons to push them even further beyond reasonable.

I said the game clearly wasn't for him because in less than 2 weeks we get a flurry of posts in the job forums asking what job to level for endgame instead of just looking at the existing opinions and information already available, posts about would you use an addon that already got hundreds the Banstick years ago (and is pretty common knowledge not to use Superwarps....pretty sure it even got its own thread 5+ years ago), and now this mess.

Oh, and trust me, I ain't crying one bit in XI these days. I've had my fun, got good people around to share it with and help, and we don't need yet another YouTube channel with 11 followers, none of which still play this game. There is literally no group of humanity I have less respect for than "content creators", so adding that little anecdote to the mix isn't winning you any supporters.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-02-12 16:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Materdark is a psy-op developed by BU3 to get us to quit XI for XIV.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-12 17:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Somewhat unrelated but: has anyone tried Uriel Blade with the Griffonclaw with modern gear? I wonder if you could still do good damage with it, even though the base damage is terrible. I've done quite a lot of Leaden Salute damage with the TP bonus gun which also has pretty awful base damage (bullets aside). With all the nyame, WSD, MAB, and Light elemental affinity gear we have...could it be good?!

Obviously only applicable in Campaign which is useless content, but could be fun to mess around with?
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-12 17:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a 14 year old conversation where the fanboys wanted Uriel Blade and the other Campaign Weaponskills. It was shut down then as being too overpowered....and this "content creator" brings it back up with zero understanding of the game or the fact that its the same damn conversation and same problems, now just with iLvl weapons to push them even further beyond reasonable.

I said the game clearly wasn't for him because in less than 2 weeks we get a flurry of posts in the job forums asking what job to level for endgame instead of just looking at the existing opinions and information already available, posts about would you use an addon that already got hundreds the Banstick years ago (and is pretty common knowledge not to use Superwarps....pretty sure it even got its own thread 5+ years ago), and now this mess.

Oh, and trust me, I ain't crying one bit in XI these days. I've had my fun, got good people around to share it with and help, and we don't need yet another YouTube channel with 11 followers, none of which still play this game. There is literally no group of humanity I have less respect for than "content creators", so adding that little anecdote to the mix isn't winning you any supporters.

I didn't ask for supporters. I just came back from a long break. It seems like acquiring any new weapon skills might be too powerful for you. Lol! Overpowered? Savage Blade is overpowered. Did you know that SE can nerf it a bit for Uriel Blade? So we can use it outside Wings of goddess areas. I'm surprised that i have to explain this to you something simple.

It's a good thing to interact with users instead of the AI, How do we know your not a machine typing...me asking lets others know as well that are returning players to ffxi.

So I am going to continue asking and continue in different forum to get answers.
 Siren.Kruel
Server: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2024-02-12 17:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Somewhat unrelated but: has anyone tried Uriel Blade with the Griffonclaw with modern gear? I wonder if you could still do good damage with it, even though the base damage is terrible. I've done quite a lot of Leaden Salute damage with the TP bonus gun which also has pretty awful base damage (bullets aside). With all the nyame, WSD, MAB, and Light elemental affinity gear we have...could it be good?!

Obviously only applicable in Campaign which is useless content, but could be fun to mess around with?
I actually found Uriel Blade to be the most efficient solo option for me on my RDM a few months back.

I'd gotten my rainbow mog pell Nomad moogle shield and wanted to take as many campaign areas as possible to test the extra boost duration from Sigil combined with the shields food duration boost.

If I remember correctly, my WS set for it was hitting between like 20k-48k.

Along with the obscene AoE range of Uriel Blade, was a lot of fun.

edit. Daybreak offhand makes it ridiculous too.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-12 18:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Uriel Blade

lol funny thing about this is no one wants to talk about balance with the weapon skills, they can nef it and give it to us.

and close match it with other AoE weapon skills that's powerful

I'm not here beating around the bush.

As of now, you can go as PLD/RDM using danger and cleaving in DoH gate crabs, bats, etc., doing 17-20k damage with 300 TP AoE. From what I have seen.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-02-12 18:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If this were a reddit thread the downvotes would be crazy
[+]
By jubes 2024-02-12 18:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad he's having fun, even if the posts read like nonsense. good to ruffle the feathers of some people here once in a while, it's not all doom and gloom.
[+]
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2024-02-12 18:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not here beating round the push.

As of now you can go as PLD/RDM using danger and cleaving in doh gate crabs bats etc doing 17-20k 300 TP AoE. What I have seen.

[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-12 18:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are my main job players that are not backing me up lol

WAR / RDM / PLD / DRK / BLU / COR /
RUN

As of now only those jobs can use it Uriel Blade. I demand from SE so we can use it even if its like the Knight of the Round ws lol.
By Draylo 2024-02-12 19:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

We need new summons Bahamut and Phoenix. BLU spells and some duration+ and potency+ gear for blue mage.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-12 19:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are my main job players that are not backing me up lol

WAR / RDM / PLD / DRK / BLU / COR /
RUN

As of now only those jobs can use it Uriel Blade. I demand from SE so we can use it even if its like the Knight of the Round ws lol.

i mean... 'can use' is technically correct but also is being pretty liberal considering it's tied to a dogshit 75 era weapon that only works in Campaign...
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-12 19:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't agree with introducing new weaponskills. SE just released new weaponskills with Prime weapons. Instead, I'd prefer SE stop giving us Master Trials and give us more battlefields like the new Flan fight. Even if it was every 3-4 months, at least we get to do something new that rewards us with more than useless lockstyle gear.

Dreaming of introducing campaign weaponskills is like me dreaming of SE giving us ilvl Limbus, or ilvl Salvage, or ilvl Garrison. None of that is happening, because SE is doing jack with this game, other than implementing the smallest amounts of quality of life stuff, along with the odd Master Trial.

They are spending most of their time trying to make the game sustainable for the future. If you read recent interviews from Yoji Fujito, you would understand what they are doing. We just have to be happy with what the game has and move on. This isn't me attacking you, or being a negative nancy. Just stating facts... that I struggled to accept for years, and it took a year away from the game to learn to not be bothered by SE's clear lack of backing for the game.

PS: The title for this thread was complete clickbait and I do not appreciate it. That is just part of the reason why people aren't happy with this post.
[+]
First Page 2