Where Do You Set Your Homepoint And Why?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Where do you set your homepoint and why?
Where do you set your homepoint and why?
 Asura.Anybody
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sisqo
By Asura.Anybody 2024-02-09 14:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Eastern Adoulin 2. HP,Wp,SG, and AH...
[+]
By Godfry 2024-02-09 15:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Feature was fine, even handy, until servers started going to ***and zoning out after job change just to get stuck because your 'set HP' prompt didn't load became a thing. After that, it had to go.

Would've made more sense to try to address the consistancy, but it's SE we're talking about.

On the topic of impossible HPs, are there any absolute chads here who still have it set to al zahbi? Now that would be some dedication.

Put a book and a HP crystal inside the mog house!

Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-02-09 15:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Godfry said: »
Feature was fine, even handy, until servers started going to ***and zoning out after job change just to get stuck because your 'set HP' prompt didn't load became a thing. After that, it had to go.

Would've made more sense to try to address the consistancy, but it's SE we're talking about.

On the topic of impossible HPs, are there any absolute chads here who still have it set to al zahbi? Now that would be some dedication.

Put a book and a HP crystal inside the mog house!

Would totally put it inside my Mog Garden
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-09 16:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i would set the homepoint to hogwarts this way you can use your warp ring too :P
By Shichishito 2024-02-09 18:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
-What's cooler than a pirate cave?
A ninja cave?
By nattack 2024-02-09 18:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not doing anything in particular:
Rabao

I need Ambuscade points:
Mhaura

I'm building a mythic:
Aht Urhgan #2

I need quick access to the survival guide:
Nashmau or Ru'Lude M

I have some Mars orbs to burn:
Lower Jeuno E

but if I had a choice of where I'd want new content to be that a homepoint would grant quick access to, it would probably be Kazham. I love the jungle aesthetic, and the musics great too.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-02-09 19:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

nattack said: »
I need quick access to the survival guide:
Nashmau or Ru'Lude M
Tavnazia 1

I've reached the point of lazyness where instead of HP'ing to the regions local SG location and having to run to the book I will literally do
//sw hp all tavn 1;wait 20;sw sg all (area)

"b-but, but, but, thats 200 gil per character"
me:
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2024-02-09 21:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a mule I use for BCNM / AMAN thats over 12 years old that still doesn't have a Home Point.

When she uses warp she goes back to the spot in sandy when the game opens.
[+]
By Hopalong 2024-02-09 22:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are y'all using Curio Vendor Moogle?

Change job in MH, pop High-Reraiser and immediately buy another. Or buy silent oils/prisms, or vile elixir +1, or sell! sell the random ***we all get dropped to us.

Where's the curio vendor moogle in Nashmau, because that sounded good, or Norg, yeah, y'all have good arguments. Maybe I just need to learn where curio moogle is.

Otherwise, Port Sandy #2 seems the best for me. Like Thorny said, Survival Book isnt too hard, I go to Ru Aunn Jeuno, or if need unity warp Western Adoulin MH.

Ive been using PJeuno zone to Qufim Voidwatch Warp, but I'm sure there's a better solution.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-02-09 22:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
pop High-Reraiser and immediately buy another.
Have you tried not dying?

Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-02-09 22:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Respectfully
If its just to have a safety net, theres the white rarab cap +1, obtainable most login campaigns.

If you are actually dying that often that the EP loss from RR1 vs RR2 is an issue, what are you doing that you die that often?
By Hopalong 2024-02-09 23:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you not use Reraisers? I also didn't say I was dying a lot lol. I said changing jobs.
By Chimerawizard 2024-02-09 23:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Port Windurst MH, think it's 3, not for efficiency, just where I like to be.

Spamming Up in Arms? Port Jeuno 2. get orb, fight, warp back to get another orb.
Same for trove & lower jeuno 2.
Ambu? Mhaura.

Spamming SKCNMs with several orbs per round? set HP to the burning circle so someone can spam warp2 after each fight.

going to work on a mythic for a while? if you're just waiting on einherjar, nashmau otherwise whitegate 2.
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
Server: Lakshmi
user: Hibiu
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2024-02-09 23:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Port Windurst MH, think it's 3, not for efficiency, just where I like to be.

Spamming Up in Arms? Port Jeuno 2. get orb, fight, warp back to get another orb.
Same for trove & lower jeuno 2.
Ambu? Mhaura.

Spamming SKCNMs with several orbs per round? set HP to the burning circle so someone can spam warp2 after each fight.

going to work on a mythic for a while? if you're just waiting on einherjar, nashmau otherwise whitegate 2.

[+]
By jubes 2024-02-10 00:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i just learned yesterday that nashmau has 2 AH counters. not that it makes any difference, but was neat to know.

i usually hang out somewhere there is a unity and sparks NPC and a vendor, like west adoulin mh or s sandy 1. but honestly thanks to packetflow zone times are so short it hardly matters where you call home these days.
By K123 2024-02-10 02:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it strange that people change their home point depending on what content they're doing. I'm way too lazy for that.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-10 06:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
If you are actually dying that often that the EP loss from RR1 vs RR2 is an issue
Hi-reraiser also lasts 90 mins. But, if you're ML50 on a job, you probably should consider it an issue anyway. 76k base loss is 15 minutes in a good party. Saving 20k from the difference in raise value is not game shattering, but it's 4 minutes of EP (and more importantly, that much longer until you dishonor your ancestors by deleveling to 49).
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2024-02-10 06:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a legacy Homepoint set outside Eastern Adoulin Mog House.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-02-10 10:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are actually dying that often that the EP loss from RR1 vs RR2 is an issue
Hi-reraiser also lasts 90 mins. But, if you're ML50 on a job, you probably should consider it an issue anyway. 76k base loss is 15 minutes in a good party. Saving 20k from the difference in raise value is not game shattering, but it's 4 minutes of EP (and more importantly, that much longer until you dishonor your ancestors by deleveling to 49).
If were counting minutes, how much time is lost using a B-tier home point to have quicker access a curio moogle (SG and curio are in different areas in Bastok and San) for a hi-reraiser that is probably wearing off on its own?
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-02-10 10:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I do really miss Tavnazia as "the Homepoint of the cultured"...
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-10 11:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If were counting minutes, how much time is lost using a B-tier home point to have quicker access a curio moogle (SG and curio are in different areas in Bastok and San) for a hi-reraiser that is probably wearing off on its own?

Really depends where you're going and what else you buy from curio, tbh. Obviously this person wants to use hi-reraisers, so they're going to be warping to the curio regardless. White rarab hat isn't a replacement for multiple of them with a 20 hour cooldown.

I don't necessarily think the playstyle of always keeping a double hi-reraiser active is worth it, but it obviously increases your potential in most events when things go wrong. All the more useful if you're frequently soloing.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-02-10 12:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

All the more useful if you're frequently soloing.

Which was my second question:
what are you doing that you die that often?

Chest hunting in Sheol for Scales/Hides? event cooldown is 20 hours
RP cheese in Gaol? Possible.
Sortie solo? 20 hour cooldown again, and most stuff that soloers do in there isnt exactly high risk.
Dyna-D? Well you need 3 people to enter.
Emp farming? Why are you dying in Abyssea at ilvl119+++?
Ambuscade? I believe they removed EP loss and entry KI isnt used until victory, its quicker to HP and re-enter (Unless you're on Asura with 10 minute wait queues).
Burning merits on HTMB? I dont think any of the commonly farmed ones are much of a threat. The Selbina ones are, but those arent farmed for REMA stones.