Where Do You Set Your Homepoint And Why?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Where do you set your homepoint and why?
Where do you set your homepoint and why?
First Page 2
By K123 2024-02-09 04:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Nashmau - quick AH access, book right next to the HP, and moogle just around the corner. Lots of people still seem to use Mhaura which is pointless. Rabao and Norg are both huge and need running around to get to book, ah or moogle respectively.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-09 07:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Norg2 has AH, HP, and moogle much closer than nashmau. I'd call book pretty mild, since you can use the home point to warp to norg1 without full zoning, or home point to nashmau or north sandy to be right at a book. It's also got access to a voidwatch warp and oseem for DM campaign. So, my vote is for Norg2 as the most efficient.

I HP in Windurst, though. Not for any sort of efficiency, just feels right.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-02-09 07:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll change around depending on what I'm doing, but my main HP is Eastern Adoulin #2. I set it so I'm facing the MH and can run straight in when I need to.

It's got a Mog House, Auction House, Survival Guide, Waypoint, and SP Gobbie all within a stone's throw. And I really like the music there~
[+]
By Seun 2024-02-09 07:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Norg2 has AH, HP, and moogle much closer than nashmau. I'd call book pretty mild, since you can use the home point to warp to norg1 without full zoning, or home point to nashmau or north sandy to be right at a book. It's also got access to a voidwatch warp and oseem for DM campaign. So, my vote is for Norg2 as the most efficient.

Second Norg as one of the most efficient, but I chose it for a different reason. Dark mode.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-09 08:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish they'd make a like... pocket dimension zone that just had everything in one spot. And nothing else.

Black screen but; book, hp, AH, vw warper, box goblin, crystal moogle, OP warper, Abyssea and a unity warper. Be as efficient as possible. zero extras. Just all the transportation options in one spot with no city to load.

(and you auto disconnect if you're in zone for 10 minutes regardless of your settings) No yells. No shouts. No crafting.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-02-09 08:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Port Bastok, crystal, mog house, moogle and if I need anything else I can warp to Jeuno or the Markets. It's low population so easy to load into and out of.
[+]
By K123 2024-02-09 08:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I had it there for years, but hated running to the book to warp when lazy.
By K123 2024-02-09 08:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I'll change around depending on what I'm doing, but my main HP is Eastern Adoulin #2. I set it so I'm facing the MH and can run straight in when I need to.

It's got a Mog House, Auction House, Survival Guide, Waypoint, and SP Gobbie all within a stone's throw. And I really like the music there~
I need to check this out.

I wish Rabao moogle+AH+book were closer together.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-02-09 08:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I always sleep on Outlands zones because I overlook the Nomad Moogles. I'll definitely have to set to Norg #2 during the next Dark Matter Campaign.
By RadialArcana 2024-02-09 08:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happier when I pick the option that is more visually or emotionally pleasing to me. If you min / max too much you can often pull the joy out of the thing, which is counter productive.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-02-09 08:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
I'm happier when I pick the option that is more visually or emotionally pleasing to me. If you min / max too much you can often pull the joy out of the thing, which is counter productive.
Nothing beats hearing one of your favourite songs as you Home Point after a hard-fought event.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-02-09 09:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Nothing beats hearing one of your favourite songs as you Home Point after a hard-fought event.

[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-02-09 09:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Norg 2.

-Porter Moogle
-Nomad Moogle
-AH/DB
-Proto-Waypoint
-Book warp and NPC vendor near Norg 1
-Superior AFK music
-What's cooler than a pirate cave?
[+]
By Nariont 2024-02-09 09:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandoria, just cause its been home once it became easy to move between AU and home nations
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-02-09 09:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

For me it comes down to East Adoulin #2 versus Norg #2 and how much you value nomad moogle versus survival guide/waypoint. I'm doing daily Sortie so Adoulin makes the most sense.
[+]
By K123 2024-02-09 10:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a waypoint near to go to sortie sounds very appealling.

I rarely use storage (in furniture) and hate zoning in and out of MH to do other MH stuff vs just using a nomad moogle though - largely because inside MH you miss shouts and this is not good.
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2024-02-09 10:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lower Jeuno E so I have easy access to my apple juice trade in after I get ka-thwacked
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2024-02-09 10:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Kazham, so I can have the whole place to myself and enjoy the music.
[+]
By Felgarr 2024-02-09 10:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

When Trump was talking about "shithole countries", he was talking about Windurst.

I set my HP to Ifrit's Cauldron so I can be alone with the voices in my head.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-02-09 10:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Kazham, so I can have the whole place to myself and enjoy the music.

I would give up a lot for Ambu to have been placed in Kazham instead of Mhaura.
[+]
By Taint 2024-02-09 10:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bruno said: »
Lower Jeuno E so I have easy access to my apple juice trade in after I get ka-thwacked

I LOLed. Thwack....here have some juice.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-02-09 11:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
he was talking about Windurst

[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-02-09 11:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
the voices in my head.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-02-09 11:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Bastok Mines.

It's next to the AH, a Survival Guide, and the MH is right down the way (with yet another HP for some reason lmao).

I've always been fond of the town design in Bastok, as the Moogle House shortcuts seem to make sense unlike in Sandy or Windy (well going one way, anyway, and excepting the Markets). I go through my MH to go to Port Bastok if I need Curio Moogle or HTBF NPC.

Norg would be appealing if it weren't so overused as a hub. It was/is one of my favorite zones, but I, like my oldest brother, have a case of the, "Pariah Contrarian." And I just don't want to do the thing that everyone else is doing, regardless of how great it is or is said to be (usually).

There was a time when I had W Adoulin or E Adoulin as my HP, but it gets crowded there at the HPs that make sense, just like in Norg, so I don't care for it as much as Bastok.

Plus I keep a significant amount of my gear in the Storage tab, which doesn't seem to be accessible at Nomad Moogles and such.

Also Felgarr wins the internet.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-02-09 11:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing that drives me batshit about Bastok's moghouses is the double exit for Bastok Markets. That one that's slightly closer to the zoneline for Port Bastok is such a waste.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-02-09 11:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

My HP is outside of Western Adoulin MH.
Now that you can't no longer put it there it feels just wrong to let it go :-(
[+]
By Tarage 2024-02-09 11:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Same.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-02-09 13:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
My HP is outside of Western Adoulin MH.
Now that you can't no longer put it there it feels just wrong to let it go :-(
I left mine at Port Jeuno for a long, long time after they removed that feature, for the same reason.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-02-09 14:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The feature was annoying.

I get why it was there once upon a time. You could set home point at outposts, survival guides didnt exist, warp ring didnt exist, warp scroll was rare and warp cudgels were lv36. Your lowbie char could literally get stranded in a high lvl area. But it became a useless feature.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-09 14:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Feature was fine, even handy, until servers started going to ***and zoning out after job change just to get stuck because your 'set HP' prompt didn't load became a thing. After that, it had to go.

Would've made more sense to try to address the consistancy, but it's SE we're talking about.

On the topic of impossible HPs, are there any absolute chads here who still have it set to al zahbi? Now that would be some dedication.
[+]
First Page 2