SE DMCA Against Private Server Streams?!?!?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » HorizonXI » SE DMCA against private server streams?!?!?
SE DMCA against private server streams?!?!?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2023-12-08 21:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
I wonder if Scragg or Jaerik ever look at the site now

I don't have production access; literally every change that actually gets applied is because Scragg applies it (we both make code changes; I just have to submit them to him for deployment). He also added this forum section. He's here! I promise!
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-12-08 21:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

HI SCRAGG
[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2023-12-09 08:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

JesterBuns said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

(I am not trying to plug my video here honest, I put it on my own thread, but I'm just highlighting this one to make a point.)

You can very easily achieve an experience closer to classic era FFXI by playing Retail under your own self-imposed restrictions. We have been having a BLAST playing our 'Iron Man Mode' challenge, achieving goofy things that we normally wouldn't have to worry about. I've been camping FRAELISSA in order to get a Petrified Log to unlock Geomancer. WHO THE HELL IS FRAELISSA. :P

It's a refreshing, and truer-to-era experience with all the QoL you want, or don't want. It's up to you. Make your own damn fun. Don't rely on Aerec or any other 'Private Server Developer' to make it fun for you, cos they're just gonna buff Thief and ban you for criticizing them anyway. ;)

Retail is the superior experience because like it or not, it's made by ACTUAL game developers, not people who ripped off a code and then have the sheer brass balls to write 'letters from the developer' posts. There is no ONE way to play a video game. Nobody else pays your sub. So play it however you want to, and don't go looking for an experience 'tailored' for you. Tailor it yourself. That's my 2 cents.

I will add that if anybody enjoys Horizon, that's ok. I've said a million times I prefer people LIKE something than don't. But HXI is such a shady, scummy operation that I just can't get on board.
playing at 75 cap on a private server is also a self imposed restriction. everyone in this thread should be mad about what you're doing.

people just seethe about private servers here because they like the taste of leather
By Jetackuu 2023-12-09 08:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

not people who ripped off a code
this is patently false

But HXI is such a shady, scummy operation

citation needed
By Dodik 2023-12-09 09:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Either all the first hand reports of GMs and devs abusing their power, harassing female players in game, monitoring LS and discord conversations and banning everyone that disagrees with staff decisions and et al are false, or just maybe there is fire under all that smoke.

Either or.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2023-12-09 10:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't mean it's a "shady operation." Unethical, poor vetting of their trusted members perhaps, but not "shady."

But I guess I should have started with "what do you mean by shady?"

It's not like they're out there running coin mining with hacked clients.

Oh an anecdotal hearsay is just that. But sure.
By Dodik 2023-12-09 10:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be so quick to put aside harassment as "not shady" or "anecdotal". That's pretty frakking shady, not to mention outright illegal.

All these people reporting it, again you can find multiple first hand reports not just here but on reddit with details no one else would have, have no reason to lie.

Horizon staff are judged by their actions. By those actions they and their operation are inherently shady.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-09 11:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
It's not like they're out there running coin mining with hacked clients.
Aerec:

Disclaimer before anyone gets all up in a tizzy:
There is no known evidence of any such miners within anything Horizon related. Its a meme response to what someone else said in jest.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-09 11:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't mean it's a "shady operation." Unethical, poor vetting of their trusted members perhaps, but not "shady."

Guy don't worry, it's not shady, it's just unethical. What's the problem?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2023-12-09 11:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Don't be so quick to put aside harassment as "not shady" or "anecdotal". That's pretty frakking shady, not to mention outright illegal.

All these people reporting it, again you can find multiple first hand reports not just here but on reddit with details no one else would have, have no reason to lie.

Horizon staff are judged by their actions. By those actions they and their operation are inherently shady.

Alleged harassment doesn't fit the definition of shady that I'm familiar with but ok.

You'd be hard press to bring charges for somebody "harassing" you in a video game that you choose to play, especially when you're on their server specifically. Not to mention to get them to stick.

They're still anecdotes. Also people lie on reddit all the time, it's a cesspool.

Again: alleged actions.

I mean I don't care as I have no interest in the server but that is just funny right there.
By Jetackuu 2023-12-09 11:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

Guy don't worry, it's not shady, it's just unethical. What's the problem?

Don't be obtuse.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-09 11:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Alleged harassment doesn't fit the definition of shady that I'm familiar with but ok.

Alleged
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-12-09 11:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Jetackuu 2023-12-09 12:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Alleged
I said what I said.
[+]
Server: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-12-09 12:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is still going,
[+]
 Asura.Gweivyth
user: gweiv
By Asura.Gweivyth 2023-12-09 12:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly no matter what you do the community will just ***on you anyway, so honestly can't blame them for being shady. Wings was open sourced, did more or less all of its operating out in the open, 80% of the staff didn't even play on the server, and people still would claim we were doing all sorts of shady stuff.

You ain't gonna avoid it, if you're gonna get blamed for stuff anyway I guess you may as well at least do it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-09 12:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd be hard press to bring charges for somebody "harassing" you in a video game that you choose to play, especially when you're on their server specifically. Not to mention to get them to stick.

Wow, re-reading this post, it's an incredible treasure trove of hot takes. Apparently now because you were harassed in a video game it's not real. If you were harassed through text messages is it OK because they weren't physically assaulting you? How about an email at work, is that fine because the person didn't actually approach you in person? I mean, you did choose to go to work, and chose to give that person your phone number, so you were asking for it, right? What if you went to a friend's party, you went to that party specifically, so it's pretty much your fault.

I also love "the charges won't stick in a court of law" as if that also makes it OK. Sorry, this won't hold up to the rigors of the court system, guess it never happened and you're a liar.

You're probably right though, people do routinely make up harassment claims out of whole cloth, it's a big problem, we should assume they're lying and not the proven liars and deceitful people. I mean, they have nothing to gain by hiding these problems, and the people whose characters are banned have a whole lot to gain by making up accusations like...maybe slightly lowering the population of a server they don't play on anymore?
[+]
 Bahamut.Vethric
user: fusional
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-09 12:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

"the charges won't stick in a court of law"

common exploiter's mentality. bro is telling on himself. private servers are made by/for dudes like that
[+]
By Jetackuu 2023-12-09 13:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, re-reading this post, it's an incredible treasure trove of hot takes. Apparently now because you were harassed in a video game it's not real. If you were harassed through text messages is it OK because they weren't physically assaulting you? How about an email at work, is that fine because the person didn't actually approach you in person? I mean, you did choose to go to work, and chose to give that person your phone number, so you were asking for it, right? What if you went to a friend's party, you went to that party specifically, so it's pretty much your fault.

I also love "the charges won't stick in a court of law" as if that also makes it OK. Sorry, this won't hold up to the rigors of the court system, guess it never happened and you're a liar.

You're probably right though, people do routinely make up harassment claims out of whole cloth, it's a big problem, we should assume they're lying and not the proven liars and deceitful people. I mean, they have nothing to gain by hiding these problems, and the people whose characters are banned have a whole lot to gain by making up accusations like...maybe slightly lowering the population of a server they don't play on anymore?

Get over yourself.
By Jetackuu 2023-12-09 13:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vethric said: »
"the charges won't stick in a court of law"

common exploiter's mentality. bro is telling on himself. private servers are made by/for dudes like that

lol, sure thing /eyeroll

Learn the meaning of libel and come back. Nobody is exploiting you by you choosing to play on a private server.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-09 14:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Get over yourself.

Alleged strawman, it hasn't been proven in court. Also you chose to post here, and it's just a video game forum so it's not a big deal.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-12-09 14:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If arguing semantics on the definition of shady and not shady is the best argument for pro-Horizon.. damn, that's some weak sauce.
 Cerberus.Aerandir
Server: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2023-12-09 15:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Jetackuu 2023-12-09 15:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
If arguing semantics on the definition of shady and not shady is the best argument for pro-Horizon.. damn, that's some weak sauce.
Whomever said I was arguing for Horizon? I was just calling bs on a bs claim.
By Jetackuu 2023-12-09 15:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Alleged strawman, it hasn't been proven in court. Also you chose to post here, and it's just a video game forum so it's not a big deal.
Don't be obtuse.

Cerberus.Aerandir said: »
nice adhom
By Shioban 2023-12-09 15:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If it were only so simple as capping your level.

There’s more to it than that, which we all know.
 Asura.Cummies
user: Shioban
By Asura.Cummies 2023-12-09 16:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup. That’s pretty much what I meant.

Agreed.
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-12-09 16:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shioban said: »

Asura.Cummies said: »
Yup. That’s pretty much what I meant.

Agreed.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2023-12-09 16:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shioban said: »

This isn't even your final form!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10