Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Arioch 2023-11-19 14:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I kind of want to come back and help with this :(
By Hopalong 2023-11-19 15:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
WTF is up with all these horizon evangelists invading the forum? Don't they have their own board? Did the Horizon team or their associates pay for another ad push or something.

Yeah seems over the top. I watched the video, didn't see any mention of whorizon.
[+]
By Seun 2023-11-19 17:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stephenjd said: »
Why would this be posted in the XIV forums when MrHappy is also asking if there are any vet XI players who wouldn't mind helping out?

It would be more likely to find people interested in future raid content for FFXIV, in a forum for FFXIV. Has nothing to do with people helping each other or which game they prefer as anyone is welcome. He's talking to a community that includes veterans of FFXI, but are mostly FFXIV players.
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2023-11-19 18:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
Why would this be posted in the XIV forums when MrHappy is also asking if there are any vet XI players who wouldn't mind helping out?

It would be more likely to find people interested in future raid content for FFXIV, in a forum for FFXIV. Has nothing to do with people helping each other or which game they prefer as anyone is welcome. He's talking to a community that includes veterans of FFXI, but are mostly FFXIV players.

I still don't really get what your complaint is. Most of us FFXI players like helping noobs out, like seeing the game a bit more active for a while, like Mr Happy's content etc. Why shouldn't an event about FFXI be posted in a FFXI forum, regardless of the end goal? And from a content creator who started out in FFXI, is generally respectful of the game and doesn't play on private servers and doesn't advertise them.

It just feels like complaining for the sake of complaining.
By Seun 2023-11-19 20:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I still really don't get what your complaint is. Most of us FFXI players like helping noobs out, like seeing the game a bit more active for a while, like Mr Happy's content etc. Why shouldn't an event about FFXI be posted in a FFXI forum, regardless of the end goal? And from a content creator who started out in FFXI, is generally respectful of the game and doesn't play on private servers and doesn't advertise them.

It just feels like complaining for the sake of complaining.

I feel like I'm saying "this is out of place" and you're reading "this has no place here". I'm not asking for the thread to be moved or nuked. It's my opinion that the event is far more likely to bring XI players over to XIV for the new content, than XIV players to XI for old. Not a complaint.
 Asura.Mishaela
Server: Asura
user: Leairc
By Asura.Mishaela 2023-11-19 21:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to get involved. I asked my room mate if he wanted to join and he said no because he didn't have a PS2.

I abruptly told him he didn't need a PS2 to play the game and that it would play on any PC and he abruptly told me back "ok, I'll go get a toaster and d/l the patch."

Which means, f-off I'm busy playing Elder Scrolls Online.

u_u well excuooooose me princess.
[+]
By Trillium 2023-11-20 00:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
The intent is to usher people through the story of FFXI in preparation for the EoV raid? This thread probably belongs in the XIV forums. Maybe with a preemptive 'I wasted 30 bucks on FFXI' thread XD

I think it belongs to both. While this is mostly for xiv players, it's for sure good, for current xi players to be aware of this and maybe help if possible, because while I don't have a high hope, some of those xiv players could stay for longer.

I could stay at my girlfriend's house for longer. Eventually I'm going home to my wife. I tell the GF I'll be back for the free campaign tho.

Seriously, this is more of a play to get XI players to play XIV. I'd think it's more likely that players of XI make the switch to XIV. The XIV implants will mostly become freecampaignplayer.meme

There will be some x over both ways... But anyone still plays mg ffxi at this point... I enjoy 14 as something different that was free, but it def didnt scratch the itch for ffxi for me. I would say the xenoblade series felt more like ffxi to me personally, though obv that is single player all day long, but since we are talking about story.
 Asura.Rekcuf
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-11-20 07:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Asura.Sensarity said: »
Honestly, they'd be better off playing Horizon so they could get the real FFXI experience, but alas, Mr Happy's tongue remains firmly up Yoshi P's ***.
bootlicker

WTF is up with all these horizon evangelists invading the forum? Don't they have their own board? Did the Horizon team or their associates pay for another ad push or something.
Honestly, they'd be better off playing Horizon so they could get the real FFXI experience, but alas, Mr Happy's tongue remains firmly up Yoshi P's ***.
bootlicker

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxidrama/comments/17dzgpw/horizon_and_relic_talk_bans/
Horizon is ***they are the ISIS of FFXI the force their beliefs on you as you open launcher instead of it being a Black Flag its rainbow Flags with addition of blue and pink hair.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-20 08:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

bootlicker

They "dont pay for any ads", remember?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-20 13:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

bootlicker

The answer is in the wording of their replies. The Horizon dev / admin team doesn't pay for adds. Some other associated entity does instead.
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2023-11-20 13:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

bootlicker

The answer is in the wording of their replies. The Horizon dev / admin team doesn't pay for adds. Some other associated entity does instead.

Weren't they saying to leave them alone, 'cause they do not go into retail topics and do not lure people into the pirated servers?

Lately, I, somehow often, see them telling people to come to that pirated server.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-20 13:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

bootlicker

It was the biggest pile of lawyer jargon *** Ive seen in a long long time.

Bahamut.Galakar said: »
Weren't they saying to leave them alone, 'cause they do not go into retail topics and do not lure people into the pirated servers?

Lately, I, somehow often, see them telling people to come to that pirated server.
I guess the human playerbase is dwindling and the bots to inflate numbers are starting to look sus.
2000 players online but no ones LFG and there are only 50 people across all the endgame content.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-11-20 16:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Galakar said: »

They need to increase market share so the gil prices go higher. Supply for them is infinite but they need that demand.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-11-20 16:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They have a lot of kool aid drinkers too. People who are ex-XI veterans who became jaded over the years due to x decision by SE or x content they got tired of. They end up quitting and secretly wanting to see the game fail, so they root for its failure any way they can. Of course they still frequent sites dedicated to said game, even though they quit in angsty rage. This way they can keep a finger on the pulse to see if they will regret their decision to leave or they can happily see it fail and make their choice worth it. Even if that wait is years long or they came back occasionally to play.

You could literally write a book on it, this situation is unique because it is a old two decade game and most of them grew up with said game. There are still even people from Abyssea days that still have that ire and bounce from private server to private server hating on retail. No surprise when they are gassed up with a marketing campaign and somehow they feel empowered in their decision. "SEE everyone loves 75 cap idea, we are in the majority!" even tho not a single server before that one had a population over like 500 at best times. They are literally in the extreme minority, and hating on retail is just weird, like if you are in your utopia why do you want to come to somewhere like here? Exactly the reason I said earlier. An extreme minority working against an already extreme minority. Most people don't know this game even exists due to how SE has never really promoted it or cared about it enough compared to their other products. Even looking up XI in most social media auto corrects to XIV, can't make it up.

It is so common to see them hop thru youtube comments shunning people away from retail and using that fake gassed up numbers to support their claims. It literally happens every single day on anything XI related, I know because I follow them all for decades now.

[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-11-20 17:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I see people post that on Facebook too.

Cost zero dollars to leave them alone.

You care too much Draylo.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2023-11-20 17:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh boy, here we go with these comments. You are putting in the same effort that I am in posting in these threads. Takes me literal seconds to reply, and I don't reply to them all only occasionally, but I do see them all the time. I replied more when it first came out and now that these threads are being discussed. Its so cringe when people make these types of comments, while they are also posting on an old forum for an old game, some of them don't even play or care about the game anymore.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-11-20 17:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I Horizonpost because it annoys Draylo and provokes a response literally every time. That's my entire motivation. He's even started DMing me now.

Have never even touched Horizon and never will. Retail is superior in every way except community.

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-11-20 17:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I Horizonpost because it annoys Draylo and provokes a response literally every time. That's my entire motivation. He's even started DMing me now.

Have never even touched Horizon and never will. Retail is superior in every way except community.

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Draylo Your a good guy - But the demon you want to face is selling horizon gil in the black market to fund the cost of the server and his nissan altima. His name is derlic or something
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-20 17:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sensarity has a crush on Draylo :) Heartwarming.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-11-20 17:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

now kith.
By Draylo 2023-11-20 17:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

kuroki said: »
eh i posted in good faith but i'll live and let live if you don't see any problem with it.

All good, thank you. I'm doing fine, just posted that to show the level of delusion most of them have over fake numbers. While I'm passionate about this game, these debates haven't ever affected my RL and I've been in many of them. If anything SE irks me more than these goons but It really doesn't take me much effort to type a three word reply. This just is the ammunition for the usual people to piggyback off to throw personal attacks and try to devalue my opinion. In my eyes I don't think they are any better when clearly they dislike retail and it's players yet still constantly post here lol.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-11-24 15:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's sort of blowing my mind how many people have joined FFXI (Bahamut, specifically) at the behest of Mr. Happy. This is the power influencers have over people. Literally hundreds of people checking out FFXI, either for the first time or trying it again after years from not trying it.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-11-24 15:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If he got people to suffer through the PlayOnline registration.. damn, that's real power right there.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-11-24 15:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
If he got people to suffer through the PlayOnline registration.. damn, that's real power right there.
I haven't watched it myself, but he did say that he put up a video guide for installing and registering FFXI "with the level of detail of a raid guide", so that probably helped a lot too.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-11-25 03:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I was chatting with some people from MrHappy LS yesterday and some of them are already under the charm of FFXI :) I especially enjoyed someone being happy with getting a drop from Valkurm Emperor :D
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2023-11-25 11:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Takes me literal seconds to reply, and I don't reply to them all only occasionally, but I do see them all the time.

You're everywhere, all the time. Seconds add up to minutes, hours, days, and weeks.

You made your way onto my channel, my 27 sub channel with 800 total lifetime views, where I have exactly 2 public videos, to say "That's not real FFXI" on my passion project.

At what point do you get tired of this being your life?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-11-25 12:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I was chatting with some people from MrHappy LS yesterday and some of them are already under the charm of FFXI :) I especially enjoyed someone being happy with getting a drop from Valkurm Emperor :D
I've always said that more people just need to try it out. A lot of folks don't understand that XI and XIV aren't even the same genre because the media doesn't do a good enough job distinguishing between sandbox MMO and themepark MMO the same way we've subclassified action-RPG and TBRPG.

I ran into a new player yesterday, saying that they joined because of Mr. Happy, but then broke off to do their own thing. And even though it's really different to what they were used to, it's a refreshingly chill experience to just immerse yourself in Vana'diel.