[+]
 Ragnarok.Slythro
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Slythro
By Ragnarok.Slythro 2024-01-13 13:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
For textures, we already have very well upscaled versions with AshenbubsHD-Basic. Is it the XIPivot leading mechanism that is breaking things and we would need to use Nvidia's instead?

I think since they are different textures, that they will have different hashes in Remix. So you would need to use XIPivot, then capture the scene with the new textures, convert them to PBR textures to interact with the lighting correctly, and apply over them. Wouldn't be too difficult to use them in that case, but it would require using XIPivot along with remix.

Otherwise, you would need to figure out which hash applies to which texture that Ashenbub's replaces in order to create a direct mod on the base textures using Ashenbub's assets. Not sure how much work that would be.

I'll try testing it out to see if maybe the hashes are the same. That would make it a lot easier if it is.
By alloy 2024-01-14 13:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool managed to get it working, I think, well i see it in the mog house but not outside, although when i checked it did save a capture from port sandy. Anyhow how did you deal with the upside down geometry captures? Is there a way to fix that, the obvious solution in the settings dont seem to work.
 Ragnarok.Slythro
By Ragnarok.Slythro 2024-01-14 16:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

alloy said: »
Cool managed to get it working, I think, well i see it in the mog house but not outside, although when i checked it did save a capture from port sandy. Anyhow how did you deal with the upside down geometry captures? Is there a way to fix that, the obvious solution in the settings dont seem to work.

I've just been manually flipping the camera in omniverse. The z axis checkbox people recommended didn't work for ffxi it seemed.

Specific textures can cause an entire classification to revert to legacy lighting/textures etc. It took me a bit to get it working outside by categorizing textures and messing with settings.

You can try pasting this basic setup over yours in the Square Enix > Final Fantasy XI folder as maybe a starting point.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gtna_EnzJECfdEMmXVjwPkns7CnyEzkO/view?usp=drive_link
By alloy 2024-01-14 19:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The mod didnt work

Im not sure but its probably because i also need the rtx.conf
from the main game folder

Did this by messing with the ingame tool, gonna hold off learning omniverse for now if they are gonna release a new tool so soon.

Ragnarok.Slythro
By Ragnarok.Slythro 2024-01-14 23:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah right, that'd make sense.

Here's my rtx.conf

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Memklv5itLxuFEPrligynnqrZK3B6tGd/view?usp=drive_link
By alloy 2024-01-15 12:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah there we go, whatever it is you did it's working everywhere now
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2024-01-15 14:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

How is the performance with this new version?
By alloy 2024-01-15 15:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on how high you crank the rendering/effect quality. Like that settings file is on ultra with a lot of effects cranked up and my framerate was noticeably choppy on a 3080
By alloy 2024-01-26 23:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Editor Beta is out, cant really do much in outside areas because the daylight system completely breaks the lighting, among other things, but moghouses are quite stable :D

[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-01-27 09:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can opt stuff out this will have far more value, if not then not so much.

This works great on world textures but not on player characters.
By Mazata 2024-01-31 10:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks pretty nice
By K123 2024-01-31 13:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
If you can opt stuff out this will have far more value, if not then not so much.

This works great on world textures but not on player characters.
Is that why the Moogle looks odd?
By Mazata 2024-01-31 18:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

cant seem to get rtx remix to work with ffxi...
By alloy 2024-01-31 23:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
Is that why the Moogle looks odd?
Yeah, remix doesn't have the capability to change dynamic meshes, so to avoid a long explanation, player models and npc textures flicker and go blank randomly all over the model, idk how to fix this its probably something technical burried in a settings file somewhere that i dont quite understand lol

Mazata said: »
Ive only gotten it working through windower.
Drop the remix files into the pol.exe folder.
Then drop DXWrapper in the same folder, grab d3d8.dll found in the the dxwrapper stub folder drop it in the pol.exe folder.

Then change these two lines in the dxwrapper.ini to this
WrapperMode = d3d8
D3d8to9 = 1

And finally drop Slythros rtx.conf into the finalfantasyXI folder. This is a starting point that you can edit later.

They also recommend to lower all the graphical settings in ffxi config.

Then run the game through windower.

Also a quick fix for the crazy terrain texture blending issues is to tag them as decal textures.
 Ragnarok.Slythro
By Ragnarok.Slythro 2024-02-01 10:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
And finally drop Slythros rtx.conf into the finalfantasyXI folder. This is a starting point that you can edit later.

I've also put an updated conf in the Remix discord project page for FFXI. I'll continue to send more updates there as I progress.

https://discord.com/channels/1028444667789967381/1112533350306021456/1202649770905174026

Fixed a lot of terrain with the decal categorization in this. Also a lot of textures on npc's / player avatars.

If you find any invisible gear pieces or npc items (goblin treasure box), the fix seems to be to mark them with the last option of "Ignore baked lighting" (don't remember full name, but not the "Ignore lighting" option).
By RadialArcana 2024-02-01 10:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Effectively what it appears to do is just add support for modern engine features to older games I guess. It's obviously adding normal and spec map support for indents (floorboard cracks) and shine / reflections, as well as enhancing lighting.

The problem with XI is some features are applied to the world graphics that do not apply to the models, for example XI applies bump maps (last gen normal maps) to the world textures but these are not applied to the character and monster models at all. Which is probably why it's confusing this system and turning them into wax models.

World graphics also heavily uses alpha textures to blend stuff together, which may also throw this system off too if it doesn't properly display the alpha (semi transparent) textures.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2024-02-01 11:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Effectively what it appears to do is just add support for modern engine features to older games I guess. It's obviously adding normal and spec map support for indents (floorboard cracks) and shine / reflections, as well as enhancing lighting.

The problem with XI is some features are applied to the world graphics that do not apply to the models, for example XI applies bump maps (last gen normal maps) to the world textures but these are not applied to the character and monster models at all. Which is probably why it's confusing this system and turning them into wax models.

World graphics also heavily uses alpha textures to blend stuff together, which may also throw this system off too if it doesn't properly display the alpha (semi transparent) textures.

Remix has two sides that have to work together and essentially lets you swap out the graphics engine of the game your working on without needing to recompile it. Of course this kind of work is janky as heck and nVidia is pushing it as a way to introduce RT rendering into old games. Lots of the aforementioned bugs would of fixed if we had the ability to select rasterization as the nVidia backend instead of Ray Tracing, maybe one day.

The front end takes the DX9 calls, coverts them into nVidia's own language and hands them to the backend that analyzes them and puts them together to render via Ray Tracing. The backend lets you substitute your own graphical assets, models and effects prior to rendering. Instead of using FFXI's archaic texture and model design, we could build new textures and models using modern formats and let remix inject them during runtime.
[+]
By Mazata 2024-02-02 08:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Mazata said: »
Ive only gotten it working through windower.
Drop the remix files into the pol.exe folder.
Then drop DXWrapper in the same folder, grab d3d8.dll found in the the dxwrapper stub folder drop it in the pol.exe folder.

Then change these two lines in the dxwrapper.ini to this
WrapperMode = d3d8
D3d8to9 = 1

They also recommend to lower all the graphical settings in ffxi config.

Then run the game through windower.

Also a quick fix for the crazy terrain texture blending issues is to tag them as decal textures.[/quote]

Thanks i finally got it to work
By Mazata 2024-02-02 08:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slythro said: »
Quote:

I've also put an updated conf in the Remix discord project page for FFXI. I'll continue to send more updates there as I progress.

https://discord.com/channels/1028444667789967381/1112533350306021456/1202649770905174026

Fixed a lot of terrain with the decal categorization in this. Also a lot of textures on npc's / player avatars.

If you find any invisible gear pieces or npc items (goblin treasure box), the fix seems to be to mark them with the last option of "Ignore baked lighting" (don't remember full name, but not the "Ignore lighting" option).

i seem to not have access to the discord
By alloy 2024-02-02 11:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The remix discord is open for everyone
https://discord.com/invite/rtxremix

Weird I don't have that ignore baked lighting tag, I'm using version .4, but it picks it up with the config rules.
 Ragnarok.Slythro
By Ragnarok.Slythro 2024-02-02 12:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Oops, ya I forgot that I am using the main branch I compiled locally since I was also adding some changes/fixes to dxvk remix. Should be in the next release, or I can help you set up the master build or just put my built files up for download.
By alloy 2024-02-04 11:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah thanks for the offer, i just updated with the remix downloader and its fine now
 Asura.Thunderjet
Server: Asura
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-02-27 23:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Any screenshots?