users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Dune Boots vs Fuma
Dune Boots vs Fuma
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-12 14:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I know, was just saying if you were lucky enough to get them crafted in your favor and were gutsy enough to risk the augment it could be a dune trumper. Not worth the money/investment though unless you had such conditions in your favor from a crafter friend or yourself.
 Fenrir.Surgator
Server: Fenrir
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-06-12 15:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

but 20 d'attack isn't better then 5 on a weapon?

that is what i whant to know lol! supose i have a 26 dommage weapon and + 20 d'attack with a latent on him always active , it will not beat the weapon of 31 dommage on him?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-12 15:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Surgator said:

that is what i whant to know lol! supose i have a 26 dommage weapon and 20 d'attack with a latent on him always active , it will not beat the weapon of 31 dommage on him?

You shouldn't always have footwork up.

You should pop it on for Dragon kick, and then take it off.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-12 15:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Surgator said:

that is what i whant to know lol! supose i have a 26 dommage weapon and 20 d'attack with a latent on him always active , it will not beat the weapon of 31 dommage on him?
Well, if you're TPing in footwork, which if you have a h2h dd build worth a damn, you shouldn't, but if you were, Kyoshu would be better for the 20 acc 20 attack.

If we're looking at dragon kick, landing the second hit imo is more important than 5 DMG and only landing 1 hit. If my acc were uncapped, I'd be using kyoshu for DK, too
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-12 15:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey if SE keeps pushing footwork it might actually become usuable outside of once every 5 min for a ws
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-12 15:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If they wanted it to be viable, they shoulda gave it ability to use hasso and 2handed bonus.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-12 15:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Footwork should simply be re-worked.
  • Upon usage, character's kick attack chance is raised 20%

• If the Melee Hose are equipped, Footwork will raise kick attack chance by 30%

Recast: 5:00
Duration: 2:00

ofc numbers will be crunched about how much %.

Kick based weapon skills will have a bonus when it's up too.
 Siren.Snowe
Server: Siren
user: Stewie
By Siren.Snowe 2010-06-12 15:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even gonna read the thread. Fuma onry.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-12 15:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

No reason to remove the option of keeping it full time or partial time. Things like Hasso, light arts, ect are options to keep up 100% of the time. And situations where it would be good, mnk may still not get invited because they'd only be useful for 40% of the time.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-12 15:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I've always thought Focus & Dodge should be mutually exclusive, sort of like the Hasso / Seigan relationship.

Might be OP, but a man can dream.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-12 15:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So then you agree that just because MNK is MNK, they should get a double-Hasso? 20% increase to attack speed (Give or take, not going to do math), just for being MNK? I think maybe a 2 or 3 minute duration would be fair because it's kinda sorta like Hasso.

Granted, it doesn't give ACC or STR but if you were using Melee Hose and with capped merits, that's a 45% proc rate for kicks. That would be overpowered if it were up all the time. Like a Ridill if actually good sword jobs could use it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-12 15:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, The numbers would have to be crunched, but I simply can't see how footwork will be useful with any update.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-12 15:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Martial Arts needs to work for Footwork. Last I checked, Taekwondo is a type of martial arts too.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-12 15:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

@Etern, what are you talking about 20% kick rate isn't the same thing as "double hasso". It's the same thing as a lot of double attack, which doesn't compare to haste.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-12 15:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

W/ proper support, 20% kick rate doesn't even equal to a single hasso, yet alone a "double hasso"
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-12 15:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fli make good idea?!
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-12 15:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought full time Footwork was viable with Wargfangs. At least unless you've got somethign similar Vegetto's build going on.

I didn't follow the thread much, but that's what I got from it.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-12 15:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you're solo, which I never wasn't solo on MNK, it does compare to Haste. There's about a 2% margin at best. Again, said I wasn't doing math and it would obviously be different in situations where you have capped Haste (In which situation the +20% kick attack rate would beat any amount of Haste, I suppose) but I was speaking purely for solo because that's all I ever used my MNK for anyway.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-12 16:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fli make good idea?!
Not really, already pointed out the issue on the recast
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-12 16:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fli make good idea?!
Not really, already pointed out the issue on the recast
:(
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-12 16:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

@Etern

Grasping for straws w/ solo, now aren't we?
Quote:
I wasn't doing math
Trust me, you don't have to mention it, as it was quite apparent with your assumption of double hasso
Quote:
it would obviously be different in situations where you have capped Haste(In which situation the +20% kick attack rate would beat any amount of Haste, I suppose)
Except for the fact that mnk can't currently hit hardcap haste and JA haste wouldn't be gear haste, so yea
Quote:
but I was speaking purely for solo because that's all I ever used my MNK for anyway.
Should said so earlier then, really. Solo'ing hasn't even been mentioned in the thread before this, and even then, still not a double hasso.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-06-12 16:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Dune are the best option for hundredfists unless weird situations like dex build or some ***.

In the end TP ing in this ***is about the same as using cross-counters or tp ing in usukane boots on SAM when you cap accuracy (who doesn't ? gimps for sure). Shiny gear syndrom.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-12 16:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Dune are the best option for hundredfists unless weird situations like dex build or some ***.

In the end TP ing in this ***is about the same as using cross-counters or tp ing in usukane boots on SAM when you cap accuracy (who doesn't ? gimps for sure). Shiny gear syndrom.
You're assuming all sams who have usu shoes also have body, but other than that, I'll concur on that point.
 Fenrir.Surgator
Server: Fenrir
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-06-12 18:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i have a question now , what is the best set for hundred fist? because with hundred fist we don't need anymore haste gear right? so what will be the better?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-12 18:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well depends if you're hundred fisting cause ***just hit the fan or if it's a planned zerg. And are riding double minuet double madrigal and rocking feint.
By Thandar 2010-06-12 20:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Well depends if you're hundred fisting cause ***just hit the fan or if it's a planned zerg. And are riding double minuet double madrigal and rocking feint.

Hot.