Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Dune Boots vs Fuma
Dune Boots vs Fuma
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-31 15:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so what the idea sets then for caping acc ,and combining acc and haste.
what would be dream sets/perfect sets of those like all usku and what would be reasonable sets to put together for peeps without unlimited resources/gill/time?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-31 15:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, check Vegetto's gear.

The only things that would vary are the Minuet earring and Forager's Mantle, depending on what kinds of buffs you had and what you were fighting.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-10-31 16:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well just from my experience having parsed both myself Dunes always seemed to come out ontop with 22% haste, haste and 2x march but they were small samples, again the difference is so marginal it really does not matter.

Especially since kicks proc is still fairly random and sometimes will proc a shitload and others not so much, it's easy to skew results favoring either gear. And there are definite advocates of both items, just remember that the majority of people providing x reason this is better are biased and just use what you feel works best.

In the end it's just a game not really worth spending time doing mathematics over.. and a game that I only log in like once or twice a week to craft nowadays anyway. So i could give a ***less about arguing it but I still think fuma's are overrated and they are pretty much equal.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-31 16:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Smurfo said:
In the end it's just a game not really worth spending time doing mathematics over..

That is such an old, tired excuse.

Not worth spending a few minutes doing math over, but it's okay to be playing for 3+ years?
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-10-31 16:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly why i hardly play anymore, i've been around this shithole game since NA PC release and yes, it's tiresome, why some people are still gung-ho about it i'll never know.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-31 16:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Smurfo said:
Exactly why i hardly play anymore, i've been around this shithole game since NA PC release and yes, it's tiresome, why some people are still gung-ho about it i'll never know.

Don't you think there's a bit of irony behind being tired of the game, yet you're posting on a forum dedicated to the game and arguing over somebody's view on what to do in said game?

Aside from this trolling post, I am indifferent on the subject as my MNK is famously 11 with a Black Belt. I am impressed by the maths, however, as I ran through them and found nothing that struck me as incorrect.
 Garuda.Mameshiba
user: Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2009-10-31 16:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever ppl quit FFXI, they only do quit the game.
They are way too bored to stop trolling, you shoulda known that by now Woo!

I also went Dune Boots at the time, used for quite a while when I couldn't properly use the haste gears I own today ...
So yes, Fuuma are cool.

'Sides, it bothers the hell out of me...
This damn Dune Boots look like a lvl 7 Leather Boots gear roflz.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-31 16:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mameshiba said:
This damn Dune Boots look like a lvl 7 Leather Boots gear roflz.

And unfortunately, with you, I expect those leather boots when I examine you. =(
 Garuda.Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2009-10-31 16:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using a Fuma Kyahan, not a Fuma Sune-Ate for your information.
LoLz.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-31 17:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mameshiba said:
LoLz.

You disappoint me. Not for the first time. :(
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2009-10-31 17:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mameshiba said:
LoLz.

I am too, I can't really find the motivation to spend 240k for 3 AGI and 12 HP for a Mnk.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-31 17:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's your motivation.

Sell the Kyahan, buy the Sune-Ate, make a 250k profit and still upgrade.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2009-10-31 17:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I has the rare/ex version.
 Garuda.Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2009-10-31 17:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Bshizzle said:
Garuda.Mameshiba said:
LoLz.

I am too, I can't really find the motivation to spend 240k for 3 AGI and 12 HP for a Mnk.

Oh I'm using the Kyahan because I'm still lvling SAM ...
and I'm 0/23 on Sarutobi Kyahan. >_>
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-10-31 19:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Unicorn.Smurfo said:

Don't you think there's a bit of irony behind being tired of the game, yet you're posting on a forum dedicated to the game and arguing over somebody's view on what to do in said game?

Aside from this trolling post, I am indifferent on the subject as my MNK is famously 11 with a Black Belt. I am impressed by the maths, however, as I ran through them and found nothing that struck me as incorrect.

Nah there's no irony in it and i'm not quit from the game, as i stated i log in for crafting, thus it would make sense for me to be on FFXIAH checking my sales status... and lo and behold I see yet another HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE Dunes Vs. Fuma topic on the main page so i had to lol @ it.

This shits old already people have been debating this for years and years and in the end it's still HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE because the difference is so minuscule it could swing either way in a parse.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-10-31 19:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Smurfo said:
[This shits old already people have been debating this for years and years and in the end it's still HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE because the difference is so minuscule it could swing either way in a parse.

I could see where your coming from, if the difference was as miniscule as you say, but going from 2.47% increase to 10% is not miniscule. Even if the situation isn't ideal, it's still far from miniscule.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-10-31 19:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if we're talking about no outside haste at all it.

It would be 22% haste from gear.

3/(100-25)= 4% increase in dmg.

4% > 2.47%

Basically the higher your haste value, the higher return you'll get for fuma. I'm sorry but this is more than just a minuscule difference.

If we're talking about being supported fully like you would be in a merit pt or anything other than solo fuma win hands down.
 Asura.Zarine
Server: Asura
user: BunkMonk
By Asura.Zarine 2009-11-19 11:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to pull up an older thread.....but I figured this was better than starting a new one on the same topic.

I had been under the impression that if you're using AF2 pants, you're better off with Dune Boots, and if you have kitty pants or anything else, Fuma. Is this not the case after all?

Sadly, my kitty pants were ninja'd from me long ago, and I've been sporting AF2 ever since. I don't have access to sky anymore, so I'm not holding my breath on getting the chance at another pair, or even shura.

I have a pair of fuma just sitting in my MH, and I'd be more than happy to get out of dune boots if it actually is beneficial.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-19 11:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Think of it this way... Dune increase only dmg from kick attacks which is what like 18% of all attacks with AF2/merits/capped acc? Fuma increase your overall damage. I'd go with Fuma. Then switch out for Dune if you're using Footwork on something that has high def.
 Fairy.Mayeh
user: Mayeh
By Fairy.Mayeh 2009-11-19 11:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate you people!!! Making me stop using my hooker boots on my Monk. Now if only that freaking bee would drop the final part of my Usukane >.<
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-21 21:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zarine said:
Sorry to pull up an older thread.....but I figured this was better than starting a new one on the same topic.

I had been under the impression that if you're using AF2 pants, you're better off with Dune Boots, and if you have kitty pants or anything else, Fuma. Is this not the case after all?

Sadly, my kitty pants were ninja'd from me long ago, and I've been sporting AF2 ever since. I don't have access to sky anymore, so I'm not holding my breath on getting the chance at another pair, or even shura.

I have a pair of fuma just sitting in my MH, and I'd be more than happy to get out of dune boots if it actually is beneficial.
Fuma are better even with af2 legs (but even then, w/o hsate legs available, and acc uncapped, shura legs, pahluwan, Prince's slops ect are all better than Melee hose.)
 Asura.Msmissy
Server: Asura
user: msmissy
By Asura.Msmissy 2009-11-21 21:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So tell me, where do the new lvl 74 Setanta feet fit in this list? I've got both Dune Boots and the rare/ex fumas.... very fond of crit kicks for 150+ even as a taru. I'm seriously looking at these new boots as a potential " I can't get Usu to save my *** so this will do instead ".

Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-21 21:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

From my calculations, melee hose AND dune boots become about a 4.34% increase in total damage.

For fuma to beat this, you need 31% haste total (1 march + haste alone is 26 haste).

Now this is dune boots AND melee hose vs fuma.

Fuma and no leg gear at all at 31% haste beats fuma and dune boots. Add w/e legs you want + fuma and it's not even a competition (even if you use melee hose w/ your fuma)
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-21 21:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Msmissy said:
So tell me, where do the new lvl 74 Setanta feet fit in this list? I've got both Dune Boots and the rare/ex fumas.... very fond of crit kicks for 150 even as a taru. I'm seriously looking at these new boots as a potential " I can't get Usu to save my *** so this will do instead ".
Beat fuma when acc uncapped, swap to fuma when acc is capped (if you're using pizza, focus up, ect)
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-11-28 22:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I never really liked kick attacks to start with.

They are nice additions to DOT, but are too rare to attempt to maximise on.

even with merited kick attack rate, to make kicks even a contender to punches you need to give up so much gear for kick attack+.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [196 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Surgator
Server: Fenrir
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-06-12 14:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So are you saying that the boot are useless and don't need all that camping for that nm?

I still have one question , is it better kyoshu kyahan or dune boot for ws? because kyoshu kyahan give +20 acc and +20 dmg and are considéred for a feet of 25 dmg so wonderring if the dmg will be greater with them or dune boot.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-12 14:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So are you saying that the boot are useless and don't need all that camping for that nm?
Good for footwork WS, that's about it.
Quote:
I still have one question , is it better kyoshu kyahan or dune boot for ws? because kyoshu kyahan give +20 acc and +20 dmg and are considéred for a feet of 25 dmg so wonderring if the dmg will be greater with them or dune boot.

Situational between acc and attack. would depend on what you're fighting.

Only other thing I can think of is using dune boots for mnk 2hr while your acc is capped.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-12 14:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I throw on atk+5 boots for 2hr because I lack anything better to use, Dune boots would probably be better though.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-12 14:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wulong Shoes +1 have the same +kick dmg as dunes correct? If anyone is lucky/gutsy enough to augment those and get something good then that would trump dunes. Not to mention they're much more aesthetically pleasing.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-12 14:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wulongs+1 are expensive, sure you could augment a pair and get better than dunes, but if you were suggesting spam them like other cheap pieces of gear, for the amount of time you'd actually be able to use them, would be a huge waste of money.