Lilith HTBF
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-11-22 09:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a unique experience or anything but I got all of my pieces doing E on THF solo.

All her attacks are magic, so make an MDT/hybrid set (of course Malignance itself is best for this so it gets easier as you go). Ajido is required for immediate dispel of spikes. I found using a tank trust was too difficult to position correctly, as all your trusts will get hit in her conal damage, and with frequent hate resets, it didn't matter anyway.

My typical setup was: Koru, Ajido, Ygnas, Kupipi/Ygnas, Joachim/Sylvie.

For positioning, I found it best to Flee, engage, and make a wide circle around her. Your first hit should land about as if you were behind her starting position. This will fan your trusts out so they're not all bunched together getting hit at the same time when you inevitably lose hate.

I tried /RUN but the damage mitigation didn't seem to help as much as /WAR with provoke and just clearing the fight as fast as possible. The longer she's alive, the more likely she kills Ajido and you die to dread spikes.

Fight unlocked at all times, turn around on every single SP. By the time you see whether it's charm or dread spikes, you're already too late. a triple attack on dread spikes will kill you, so just don't risk it. You can buffer a WS and then quickly turn around so you aren't stuck facing her during the animation lock.

Should be obvious enough, but don't skillchain. Do evisceration spam. Mandalic light skillchains are cool but you have to turn or get hit with amnesia often enough that it's not worth the damage loss.

Turning in time and maintaining positioning that your trusts don't die are the most important thing in the fight. When you don't have great gear, yes occasionally you're going to die to 2 strong magic attacks back-to-back, but don't be discouraged. I started out with about 1/3 win rate but still figured spamming E was better. Not only for drops, but you don't get better unless you keep trying.

~380 runs btw. ~270 wins. 4 pieces of armor, 1 came from goblin key.
[+]
 Valefor.Starscreamx
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Starscreamx 2023-11-22 12:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Easiest fight ever. Go SAM run in 1hr fudo>kasha>shoha>fudo 1st form dead. 2nd form rana>fudo>rana>fudo dead before 1hrs wear.
[+]
 Asura.Jenniferrr
Server: Asura
user: Pirates
By Asura.Jenniferrr 2023-12-07 12:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have low man strats for N+ they can share? Say 3 to 4 people.

Still working on gearing MNK but we have a lot of other really well geared jobs. Just looking for some different ideas. I can solo on E easily with just trusts on COR but would like to take it up to at least N if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
By SimonSes 2023-12-07 13:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jenniferrr said: »
Anyone have low man strats for N+ they can share? Say 3 to 4 people.

Still working on gearing MNK but we have a lot of other really well geared jobs. Just looking for some different ideas. I can solo on E easily with just trusts on COR but would like to take it up to at least N if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
I think RUN and SCH should be able to duo now. Run just holds it, while helixes kill it (light first form, dark second form). Maybe GEO would still be needed for capped helixes idk, but it has very low HP, so it's not even that long.
By Shichishito 2023-12-07 14:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I vaguely remember a SCH GEO duo on difficult(?) but I can't find the video anymore.
I suppose GEO does MAB and MDEF or MEVA bubble and SCH does helix schenanigans and SC MB inbetween while bouncing hate back and forth. Both beeing mages with high MDEF and MEVA combined with feeding barely any TP should keep damage taken low enough to be manageable with SCH regen, stoneskin and heals? Probably still want to look out for her -mdef debuff tho.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-12-07 14:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Papesse has a nice smn solo video on VD

I've read accounts on these forums of duo w/ bst and smn where the bs focuses just on tp drainkiss... but if smn can solo.. adding a few more here and there isn't a problem as long as you keep the tp suppression going.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2023-12-08 17:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The video is old, they have greatly boosted the Pet MEVA/crit dmg limit since then, Siren is tanking so well that Mewing Lullaby and a trust tank are no longer needed.
SMN+GEO duo
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49