Resist Testing
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2024-03-02 16:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted this in another thread but I thought I'd post it here too so all of this info stays together.

I've been doing testing on and off whenever I have free time to test these. I used the Bonfire furniture (Resist! Paralyze) and tested it on Sierra Tigers and Roar in Abyssea - Uleguerand. I use WAR with a bunch of regen atmas and just afk with a bunch of tigers with low HP attacking me. This is all the data I have at the moment:

Miss: 395
Resist!: 8
Total: 403

Results: 0.02 or ~2%

And since I'm posting these results I'll also publish my testing on the Icecrack Ring (Resist! Paralyze). I made sure I wasn't using the Bonfire furniture during the tests.

Miss: 629
Resist!: 98
Total: 727

Results: 0.135 or ~13.5%

These rings seemed to have come out around the time SOA did. I'm willing to bet they're probably Resist! +15, just like the Etiolation Earring.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2024-03-04 11:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted this in another thread but I'm posting it here too so it's all kept in the same thread.

I’ve been doing some testing with Resist! traits and terror. I noticed a while back that I got a Resist! in Ambuscade from the Soulflayer’s Blistering Roar. Likewise, the wave 1 boss in Dynamis - Jeuno (D) got a Resist! against my PLD/BLU using Jettatura. I went and double checked to see if Resist! worked against Quarrelsome Hippogryph’s Jettatura. As expected, it did not.

Next, I went out to Ballista to test some stuff out and had some interesting results. It would appear that either Blue Magic terrors work differently from monster’s terror or there are two tiers of it. First off, Resist! Petrify works against Blue Magic’s terrors. I tested this by using Gold Capriccio. Afterwards, I had a BLU use Jettatura and Absolute Terror against my PLD/WHM. Both Resist! gear and Terror Resistance (Sagasinger + Founder’s Greaves) seemed to work against both spells. Resist! gear gave the typical Resist! message. However, Terror Resistance gave me a goofy message from Absolute Terror. It just said, “Dekar receives the effect of (None)” while Jettatura said, “XXX’s Jettatura had no effect on Dekar.”

[+]
By Argisto 2024-03-05 22:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to add a peculiar resist I had during my Immunobreak testing in Escha-Zi'tah.

I can only assume this Bio resist is the result of the Occ. Nullifies Damage vorseal taking effect. This was the only occurrence during my testing.
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2024-03-05 22:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks like the same message you get from Srivatsa.

Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-03-05 23:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

As an fyi, I would be very wary about accepting testing results from Ballista as far as enfeebling magic is concerned. There's a known buff in PvP that's existed for a long time.

As per old ffxiclopedia page:
Quote:
Resist traits are greatly enhanced.
https://classicffxi.fandom.com/wiki/Ballista

Quote:
Magic
Players gradually build a resistance to most enfeebling magic, as well as Lullaby.
Sleep is limited to a 45-second duration.
Magic damage is reduced.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Ballista

As such, players gain successive resistance increases from repeated use of the same spells. This increase only resets if the player is killed. For example, unresisted lullaby lasts 45 seconds, but if you continue casting it on the same player, eventually it will only last for like 5 seconds, and eventually outright resisted. Poison is the same way. Ballista/Brenner is not a balanced zone to test resistance levels unless you know the starting base and subsequent resistance levels that Ballista grants. The game never outright tells you this value, and idk if anyone ever bothered to test that, so your numbers could very well be skewed.

Just a warning
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2024-03-05 23:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
As an fyi, I would be very wary about accepting testing results from Ballista as far as enfeebling magic is concerned. There's a known buff in PvP that's existed for a long time.

This is more of a proof of concept. I try to avoid Ballista at all costs for these tests. There's a few debuffs that I'm looking to test such as Muddle but I don't really know a place to easily test it. I also need to try more terrain on such as Numbing Blossoms in Foret de Hennetiel.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-03-05 23:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I get that, but you mentioned this:

Quote:
First off, Resist! Petrify works against Blue Magic’s terrors. I tested this by using Gold Capriccio. Afterwards, I had a BLU use Jettatura and Absolute Terror against my PLD/WHM. Both Resist! gear and Terror Resistance (Sagasinger + Founder’s Greaves) seemed to work against both spells

How do you know that Gold Capriccio was triggering the resist terror and not a native resist trait/tenacity buff that Ballista grants to all participants? Also, based on the description of gradually gaining resistance, it could very well be that initially the spell landed, but after subsequent uses, it started resisting. That doesn't mean the gear is working, that could just be the gradual resistance, right? We're you killing the paladin after each cast to reset the resistance?
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2024-03-06 00:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not killing the PLD in between casts. As I said, I saw two examples outside of Ballista Resist! procs. I cannot think of many monsters that spam Blue Magic Terrors to consistently test it. I'm open to suggestions.

Edit: I just landed 25 successive casts of Jettatura and one of Absolute Terror without any Resist! gear whatso ever or killing the player. While some did seem shorter than others, it landed every single time.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-06 05:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
Muddle but I don't really know a place to easily test it

Only place off the top of my head would be Narakas in Reisenjima near the temple entrance since there's a bunch of them and doing it on 1 NM at a time would be tedious. Probably want to cancel vorseals though
[+]
By waffle 2024-03-06 07:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Argisto said: »
I wanted to add a peculiar resist I had during my Immunobreak testing in Escha-Zi'tah.

I can only assume this Bio resist is the result of the Occ. Nullifies Damage vorseal taking effect. This was the only occurrence during my testing.
I resisted a Dia cast on me by a Weapon in Escha-Zi'tah once and was rather confused by it at the time. Thank you for bringing this up.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-03-06 12:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: I just landed 25 successive casts of Jettatura and one of Absolute Terror without any Resist! gear whatso ever or killing the player. While some did seem shorter than others, it landed every single time.

Ok. Well, I don't know what to make of this. Perhaps the Resistance increase in ballista is simply just duration and not related to land rate? Uncapped is terribly broken; it was designed back at 75 cap and was broken then. they never balanced it after the level increase to 99, so it's even worse now for some testing purposes. merits, gifts/gear etc breaks it even further. SE also never told us anything about the values of resistances in there, so we are all blind to it from a numbers standpoint. I have no idea how the resistances work in there, I was just giving an fyi to make sure you were aware that Ballista could be misleading. But good work sir
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-03-06 17:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

First off, Resist! Petrify works against Blue Magic’s terrors. I tested this by using Gold Capriccio.
This is interesting. There's long been suspicion that resist petrify might work on stun/terror due to things like the status effects not stacking, but this is the first time I can recall seeing actual evidence that it does indeed work like that.

Does anyone know if it's been shown to resist stun as well?

I'm mostly asking for the purposes of Barpetra which isn't the "Resist!" kind of resist, but the magic evasion kind. Still, I'm hoping the same logic applies. When doing things like Sovereign Behemoth for example I'll Barthundra+Barpetra in the hopes of less stunnage. I was never really sure if the Barpetra helped or not.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2024-03-06 18:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I went and tested Gold Capriccio and Stun with BRD/BLM on Locus Colibris. It did not produce a Resist! proc when reflected. This makes sense as there is already a Resist! Stun.

That being said, I've always wondered about Barpetra and Stun. I've heard people talk about it before but I've never seen any of the testing behind it.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-03-07 10:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't bode well, but thanks for testing it
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7