Are We Hypocrites? (Aeonic SMN Discussion)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Are We Hypocrites? (Aeonic SMN Discussion)
Are We Hypocrites? (Aeonic SMN Discussion)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-23 13:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Our Aeonics work just as well now as they did when we first made them. SMN burning didn't make ours degrade.
Except they don't. When everyone has it, yours individually is worth less. When you're the ONLY Chango, it's 1, when you're the 1st of 1000 Changos yours isn't worth jack ***anymore. Any of the other 999 scrubs can take your place. You won't know how bad they are with it until they already took your spot.

Secondly, it takes a week, tops, to level skill and gear a job. Everyone has access to SMN. I could understand if we were stuck at 1 job per character, but we're not. So when a new strategy comes out that makes something easier, it makes it easier for everyone. We just all have the choice to use this strategy or not.
Except that in that week, you don't make nirvana (most people dont) and don't get any return on investment. No nirvana, no joining groups.

And don't worry about bad players making easy Aeonics. The worst players usually just stay in town saying "I'm bored" in social LS chat. Weaker players will always need at least one good player to take the lead. Maybe SMN burns will help less experienced players gain the experience and confidence to become good players. After doing something the same way a few times, they might have the gear and desire to try a different method.

Absolutely not. A shitty player that gets things easy will never grow and evolve, they'll just stay shitty. But slightly higher dps.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-23 13:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
a lot of people i know that did finish their aeonics, eventually quit due to realizing theres not really much left to do afterwards except do it again and pay $13+ a month for a chat service.
Personally i missed the chat service and just came back after a 6 month break.

That is probably what I would do if I had every job mastered aeonic weapon. You really aren't going to pay 13 bucks a month for new Dynamis.

There is a guy on my server that has all jobs masters tons of aeonic weapons why he still plays I have no idea.
By fonewear 2017-11-23 13:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Our Aeonics work just as well now as they did when we first made them. SMN burning didn't make ours degrade.
Except they don't. When everyone has it, yours individually is worth less. When you're the ONLY Chango, it's 1, when you're the 1st of 1000 Changos yours isn't worth jack ***anymore. Any of the other 999 scrubs can take your place. You won't know how bad they are with it until they already took your spot.

Secondly, it takes a week, tops, to level skill and gear a job. Everyone has access to SMN. I could understand if we were stuck at 1 job per character, but we're not. So when a new strategy comes out that makes something easier, it makes it easier for everyone. We just all have the choice to use this strategy or not.
Except that in that week, you don't make nirvana (most people dont) and don't get any return on investment. No nirvana, no joining groups.

And don't worry about bad players making easy Aeonics. The worst players usually just stay in town saying "I'm bored" in social LS chat. Weaker players will always need at least one good player to take the lead. Maybe SMN burns will help less experienced players gain the experience and confidence to become good players. After doing something the same way a few times, they might have the gear and desire to try a different method.

Absolutely not. A shitty player that gets things easy will never grow and evolve, they'll just stay shitty. But slightly higher dps.

You should relax bro it's a video game this isn't serious business.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2017-11-23 13:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, I said "Maybe SMN burns will help less experienced players gain the experience and confidence to become good players," because "After doing something the same way a few times, they might have the gear and desire to try a different method."

Obviously pulling 1 sentence out of a paragraph and reading it out of context can make it sound ridiculous.

But whatever. I said my piece. I choose not to be upset because people who burn Aeonics take nothing away from me.

And if we're really going to analyze things, salvage 1 could only be accessed once a day, you needed a party, and it dropped like 9 alex per run. Now you can farm 1000 alex few hours of solo play. As time passes, stuff just becomes more accessible. So you can be angry and let it affect your enjoyment of the game, or you can be chill and have fun.

If on Asura people shout for REMA's for cp pt, it's not the fault of SMN burns. It's the players who are tolerating this. Personally, I'd never join a shout like that because I don't need to associate with people who are that elitist.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-23 13:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If aeonic weapons are such a big deal how come I see people with all of them ? Like you said earlier at this point in the game having a REMA weapon isn't that special. So those that have every aeonic weapon get off your high horse and chill.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-23 13:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

happy thanksgiving to all smns, you're the only ones that are going to be winning t4s while in a turkey coma
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-11-23 13:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
The old saying goes

"Gear Doesn't fix stupid"

How another group clears content doesn't bother me in the slightest unless they are taking up #2's ???. But at the same time, it should be curbed a bit. Kinda insane what they can do -
YouTube Video Placeholder

It's an issue that needs to be addressed eventually.

That's my group. I was the one to find out that schah is susceptible to damage for the first minute and pushed tab to do the setup and kill.

In other words, i'm the reason schah smn burn exists and you sad sacks are all butthurt.
[+]
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2017-11-23 14:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
The old saying goes

"Gear Doesn't fix stupid"

How another group clears content doesn't bother me in the slightest unless they are taking up #2's ???. But at the same time, it should be curbed a bit. Kinda insane what they can do -
YouTube Video Placeholder

It's an issue that needs to be addressed eventually.

That's my group. I was the one to find out that schah is susceptible to damage for the first minute and pushed tab to do the setup and kill.

In other words, i'm the reason schah smn burn exists and you sad sacks are all butthurt.
Congrats ? want a cookie ?
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-11-23 14:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lordoftheseven said: »
Congrats ? want a cookie ?

Yes. Yes i do.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-11-23 14:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, I said "Maybe SMN burns will help less experienced players gain the experience and confidence to become good players," because "After doing something the same way a few times, they might have the gear and desire to try a different method."

Obviously pulling 1 sentence out of a paragraph and reading it out of context can make it sound ridiculous.

But whatever. I said my piece. I choose not to be upset because people who burn Aeonics take nothing away from me.

And if we're really going to analyze things, salvage 1 could only be accessed once a day, you needed a party, and it dropped like 9 alex per run. Now you can farm 1000 alex few hours of solo play. As time passes, stuff just becomes more accessible. So you can be angry and let it affect your enjoyment of the game, or you can be chill and have fun.

If on Asura people shout for REMA's for cp pt, it's not the fault of SMN burns. It's the players who are tolerating this. Personally, I'd never join a shout like that because I don't need to associate with people who are that elitist.

You are right, I should have quoted both lines but you seriously believe that people getting aeonic with 30 secs fights will learn something? I can sorta understand the confidence part but then again if/when they get enough people willing to try something different and face all the issues given by mob mechanisms(completely ignored by the quick kill), they will struggle and quickly go back to the broken solution as it exists.

Totally agree on the fact that aeonics should be more accessible now that they are years old but that should be thanks to new omen/af+3 gear making magic/physical accuracy requirements much easier to reach rather than resorting to AC burn
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-11-23 14:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't even deny that SMN is broken though Frod. It's the SMNs acting like it's not.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2017-11-23 14:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »
but you seriously believe that people getting aeonic with 30 secs fights will learn something

Not all of them, but maybe a few might. That's good enough for me.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-11-23 14:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
You don't even deny that SMN is broken though Frod. It's the SMNs acting like it's not.

I don't deny that smn is broken. i also don't deny that there's several other factors that cause it in addition to smn being strong.

It's those factors that tend to be ignored in favor of "nerf smn"
By clearlyamule 2017-11-23 14:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't deny that smn is broken. i also don't deny that there's several other factors that cause it in addition to smn being strong.

Nerf Frod
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-11-23 14:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »

Nerf Frod

Nerf your face.
By fonewear 2017-11-23 14:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Still a better thread than the monk guide thread.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-11-23 14:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

step 1: job change into something useful, like smn.
By fonewear 2017-11-23 14:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

step 1: job change into something useful, like smn.

That's a cool story bro care to write a book about it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-23 14:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's fun to see this degenerate everytime. But in all seriousness.

This situation is bad for everyone. It's great for individuals, and terrible for the game as a whole.

I'm happy those abusing it enjoy it, remember how great it was when its gone and the population drops lower and lower.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-23 14:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's fun to see this degenerate everytime. But in all seriousness.

This situation is bad for everyone. It's great for individuals, and terrible for the game as a whole.

I'm happy those abusing it enjoy it, remember how great it was when its gone and the population drops lower and lower.

You should probably quit then. Help ensure the game dies faster.
[+]
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2017-11-23 14:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

How is this thread not locked yet ?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-23 14:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Should have been locked on page one it is the same thread over and over.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-11-23 15:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

For the same reasons why fonewear is not banned yet..

We all enjoy tears and ego busting.. It's part of life on these forums. ^_^
By fonewear 2017-11-23 15:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »

For the same reasons why fonewear is not banned yet..

If the game is so great why do most of the people spend their times on the forums bitching. Either quit or play no one gives a ***how you got your aeonic weapon.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-23 16:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No one cares about how you got your gil.
No one cares if you quickly got 99 on a job you know nothing about.
No one cares if you quickly mastered a job you know nothing about.
No one cares if you quickly got a REMA weapon for a job you know nothing about.

Oh, wait, I guess there are people who do care about that last one.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-11-23 16:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
No one cares about how you got your gil.
No one cares if you quickly got 99 on a job you know nothing about.
No one cares if you quickly mastered a job you know nothing about.
No one cares if you quickly got a REMA weapon for a job you know nothing about.

Oh, wait, I guess there are people who do care about that last one.

I think it might because people associate REMA with a mastery in the job. So, people having one on a job they don't really play creates a false impression of skill on that job for some folks.
 Bahamut.Baozzer
Server: Bahamut
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-11-23 17:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow this thread got way more attention than I thought. Good idea OP! Bottom line is everyone will complain about everything and there is no such thing as satisfying everyone. NERF NERF NERF! Just play your game the way you want to play it. People bot hack and ***and I see a good amount of people w/ GM flags in their screenshots and I actually thought they were GM until someone told me that's a clipper tool. No one is taking it out on them about using speed hacks and ***to do mythics faster. "I can do it the original way but this is way faster" -Some guy that was on Bahamut but is now on Asura. Yes I play smn and blu so nerf the ***out of me!!!
By clearlyamule 2017-11-23 17:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Nerf Frod

Nerf your face.
Kinky
[+]
 Asura.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2017-11-23 18:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

doubt SE is going to nerf smn soon, before it became center stage it was constantly buffed in the updates for at least a year + because very few /noone played the job.

I'd rather just have new challenges then trying to nerf smn to bring aeonic glory days back.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-11-23 20:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nerf Frod

Nerf your face.
Kinky

It's only awkward if you make it awkward.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8