Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One
Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 98 99 100
By Nausi 2017-10-20 14:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Nausi said: »
Tell me pleebo, if I burned the rainbow flag to protest police brutality, you'd be cool with it right?
Go nuts, dude. It's a *** flag. There's been many an action against actual LGBT people so a piece of disposable material is the least of anyone's worries.
You mean the rush of "fake" hate crimes? Or the oppression of daring to think people with gender identity disorder might not make great soldiers?
Also, does that mean that you recognize my burning of a flag to be a sogn of disrespect?
No one is burning flags so who *** cares?
And theres the deflection.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-10-20 14:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
There are observable and quantified correlations between race and intelligence
This is an interesting claim I'd love to see you elaborate on further.
Googling that would likely just be a waste of time.
First you would have to define intelligence.

We Ashkenazi Jews are top scorers on IQ tests, averaging 124 on the Wechsler-Bellevue. The Japanese come in second at 117. But what does it mean? The only thing it predicts is how well you are going to do on your next IQ test.

Last I heard science had defined over 30 different types of intelligence. No idea how many, if any, are tested for in IQ tests.
Remarkable, chanti is so devoted to postmodern egalitarianism that she acknowledges the difference ence and then insists it’s meaningless

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Zerowone 2017-10-20 14:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
What's remarkable is how you aren't noticing how wrong you are.

Clearly you’re playing the victim here ;)
By Nausi 2017-10-20 15:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What am i wrong anout?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-20 15:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What am i wrong anout?

It's a wasted effort on you.
Today's Canadian to English translation:

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
I'll just say you are wrong but never say why you are wrong. There's no point in telling you why you are wrong because even I don't know why you are wrong. But you are just wrong because I don't agree with you, even though I don't know why I don't agree with you, I just plainly don't agree.

Also, you smell like moose farts.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-20 15:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/10/20/presidential-executive-order-amending-executive-order-13223

Who wants to field this one without putting on a tin foil conspiracy nut hat? This could get really dark.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-10-20 15:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Watson has yet to be proven correct even remotely and his various other comments regarding race leave little doubt where he was coming from with his assertions (he definitely is a racist ***). Race and intelligence isn't some scientific taboo but the problem with these studies is that we have no real way to measure what we consider intelligence. Like mentioned, IQ tests are iffy and only serve as a proxy at best.

Then add on how genetic factors interact with non-genetic ones (nature vs nurture). Even if there was a proven genetic link between race and intelligence, it would still remain a single factor among a multitude of others. Even if you were born mentally "superior" development wouldn't necessarily dictate to stay that way. It's fine to think about these connections but so far nothing supports them.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-10-20 15:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Are you ok with people burning gay pride flags while shouting anti-gay rhetoric and calling for the deaths of gay people?
What the fuuuuuck does this have to do with anything right now?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-20 15:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you ok with people burning gay pride flags while shouting anti-gay rhetoric and calling for the deaths of gay people?
What the fuuuuuck does this have to do with anything right now?
Why won't you answer it?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-10-20 15:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like obviously loaded, purposely vague questions especially when I can't see what point you're trying to make.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-20 15:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like obviously loaded, purposely vague questions especially when I can't see what point you're trying to make.
Well, you certainly don't care if the US flag is burned.

I wanted you to tell everyone if you cared if the gay pride flag is burned in the same fashion.

You know, to point out your hypocrisy. I haven't done that in a while because, well, you hardly post anymore.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-10-20 15:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted you to tell everyone if you cared if the gay pride flag is burned in the same fashion.

You know, to point out your hypocrisy. I haven't done that in a while because, well, you hardly post anymore.
LOL

You literally created an opinion for me, argued against it, then called me a hypocrite for something I never said. How fantastically dumb. Thanks for the laugh.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-10-20 15:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

who's burning flags? trump?
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-10-20 15:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no, I suppose it would be pence...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-10-20 15:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
The tiny liberal gremlin living inside King's head
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-20 15:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hippies ?
By Zerowone 2017-10-20 15:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/10/20/presidential-executive-order-amending-executive-order-13223

Who wants to field this one without putting on a tin foil conspiracy nut hat? This could get really dark.

Quote:
From the EO:
>Section 1. Amendment to Executive Order 13223. Section 1 of Executive Order 13223 is amended by adding at the end: "The authorities available for use during a national emergency under sections 688 and 690 of title 10, United States Code, are also invoked and made available, according to their terms, to the Secretary concerned, subject in the case of the Secretaries of the Army, Navy, and Air Force, to the direction of the Secretary of Defense."

Section 688 of title 10:
>(a)Authority.— Under regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Defense, a member described in subsection (b) may be ordered to active duty by the Secretary of the military department concerned at any time. (b)Covered Members.—Except as provided in subsection (d), subsection (a) applies to the following members of the armed forces: (1) A retired member of the Regular Army, Regular Navy, Regular Air Force, or RegularMarine Corps. (2) A member of the Retired Reserve who was retired under section 1293, 3911, 3914, 6323, 8911, or 8914 of this title. (3) A member of the Fleet Reserve or Fleet Marine Corps Reserve.

Section 690 of Title 10:
>(a)General and Flag Officers.— Not more than 15 retired general officers of the Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps, and not more than 15 retired flag officers of the Navy, may be on active duty at any one time. For the purposes of this subsection a retired officer ordered to active duty for a period of 60 days or less is not counted. (b)Limitation by Service.— (1) Not more than 25 officers of any one armed force may be serving on active duty concurrently pursuant to orders to active duty issued under section 688 of this title. (2) In the administration of paragraph (1), the following officers shall not be counted: (A) A chaplain who is assigned to duty as a chaplain for the period of active duty to which ordered. (B) A health care professional (as characterized by the Secretary concerned) who is assigned to duty as a health care professional for the period of the active duty to which ordered. (C) Any officer assigned to duty with the American Battle Monuments Commission for the period of active duty to which ordered. (D) Any member of the Retiree Council of the Army, Navy, or Air Force for the period on active duty to attend the annual meeting of the Retiree Council. (E) An officer who is assigned to duty as a defense attaché or service attaché for the period of active duty to which ordered.

Possibly in the near future.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-20 16:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Viciouss 2017-10-20 16:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL

You literally created an opinion for me, argued against it, then called me a hypocrite for something I never said. How fantastically dumb. Thanks for the laugh.

He always does that, its weird. Also, I totally don't want to backread, right?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-20 16:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
LOL

He always does that, its weird. Also, I totally don't want to backread, right?

No you don't don't waste of time.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-20 17:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-20 20:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite meltdown:

By fonewear 2017-10-20 20:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop the hammering !

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-20 20:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL

So, you don't mind if people came to your doorstep, burned the gay pride flag, started calling for your death, and all that other fun stuff that comes with burning the US flag.

I mean, that's the only explanation there is for you from dodging the direct question to you.

But then again, that's what I expected from you, you have no conviction in your own rhetoric....no wonder you are so easily manipulated and completely taken in by the "flavor of the day" rhetoric your representative happens to be mad at that day.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-20 20:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I would ask if you ever felt pride in anything, but that would require you to have conviction. You certainly don't have it, so what is there to be happy about?
By fonewear 2017-10-20 20:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
The tiny liberal gremlin living inside King's head
Making me picture mr burns now, zooming in on Smithers to germs exclaiming, "Freemasons run the country!"
Howard Hughes reference:
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 98 99 100