Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One
Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 98 99 100
By fonewear 2017-10-26 12:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Viciouss said: »
flailing badly
Keep it up, I feast off of your tears.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-10-26 12:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

flailing badly

Well you are starving then, cuz there is still no new information that has changed any previously known accounts of anything regarding the Mueller investigation. You and nausi haven't made any points at all, which is really on you because nausi is always wrong. We could just delete the last 3 pages and the needle wouldn't have been moved.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-26 12:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

there is still no new information that has changed any previously known accounts of anything regarding the Mueller investigation.
Wait, did you just agree with Nausi and myself in saying that there's nothing there in the investigation?

Yup, looks like it. Congratulations Vic, you have finally woken up to reality and accepted it for what it is.

There is no collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign/administration. I'm glad you finally realized it.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-26 12:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

flailing badly

Well you are starving then, cuz there is still no new information that has changed any previously known accounts of anything regarding the Mueller investigation. You and nausi haven't made any points at all, which is really on you because nausi is always wrong. We could just delete the last 3 pages and the needle wouldn't have been moved.

Hold your horses junior the last 3 pages were gold !
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-10-26 12:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bolded for stupidity
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-26 12:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the bold function is offensive to light skinned fonts.
By Viciouss 2017-10-26 12:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

there is still no new information that has changed any previously known accounts of anything regarding the Mueller investigation.
Wait, did you just agree with Nausi and myself in saying that there's nothing there in the investigation?

No I didn't, sorry, I was busy laughing at you. No, I never even came close to saying there was nothing there in the investigation. That is strictly you and nausi's stupidity alone.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2017-10-26 12:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize making words bold doesn't make your point better.
By fonewear 2017-10-26 12:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Try to read me know you *** !
By fonewear 2017-10-26 12:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Now *

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2017-10-26 13:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

flailing badly

[+]
By Viciouss 2017-10-26 13:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
You do realize making words bold doesn't make your point better.

I have tried to point that out to KN several times but he just insists on trying to make it work.
By fonewear 2017-10-26 13:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »

You have much to learn, my friend.

You bold drunk good !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2017-10-26 13:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

We have all this fancy things but we can't edit...what a time to be alive.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-10-26 13:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh, drunk font would have been useful before had I known about it.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-26 13:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Code
[quote][code][quote][code]
[/code]
[/code]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You have much to learn, my friend.[/quote]

Ya-HAHA
By Nausi 2017-10-26 13:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Debbie W Schultz and Hillary Clinton both claiming they knew nothing about the dossier.
By Viciouss 2017-10-26 13:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Debbie W Schultz and Hillary Clinton both claiming they knew nothing about the dossier.

Just like Candidate Trump knew nothing about Trump Jr's meeting with a Russian lawyer, because the candidates are never involved in that stuff. So what nausi?
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-10-26 13:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Debbie W Schultz

she was probably too busy working over bernie sanders with a lead pipe in the library
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-10-26 13:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Huh, drunk font would have been useful before had I known about it.

I use it while drunk on here, but it's been many moons.
By Nausi 2017-10-26 13:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump reportedly personally ordered the DOJ to lift the gag order on the uranium one informant so they may soeak to congress.

Hopefully Hillary doesnt have them killed before they gets there.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-26 13:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

They’re whole world is literally collapsing before them.

Political discussion aside, this sentence is just atrocious. Nearly every word is used incorrectly or put in the incorrect context even if you allow for figurative (what you meant) instead of literally.

But you knew someone would call you on it. You were counting on it!

Meaning you deliberately use the wrong words to goad people on!

Further proving my point that Germans love David HasselhoffNausi is a troll.

He's secretly got a poster of 90s-era Hillary in one of those big-shoulder skirt suits that he keeps around for "inspiration."
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-26 13:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Because, while watching Vic flail is entertaining, we do need to talk about a different topic now, since the last few are getting flogged to hell and back:

Ari Fleischer: Taxes and the rich -- Yes, they pay their fair share, and they will after tax reform, too

Sources are the bane of existence to some people, who like deflecting and flailing and moose politics.

Quote:
Of all the tall tales told about taxes, the tallest is that the rich don’t pay their fair share.

The Internal Revenue Service this month released its latest numbers and they show that not only do the rich, along with the middle-class, pay the most in income taxes, but their burden has been going up, not down.

Our tax system is unfair, at least if you measure fairness by the fact that a very small number of taxpayers carry almost all the income tax burden.

The top ten percent of earners, those making more than $138,000 in 2015, made 47 percent of the nation’s income, but they paid 71 percent of the nation’s income tax. The top 1 percent, the people former President Obama decried the most, made 21 percent of the nation’s income in 2015, but they paid 39 percent of the nation’s income tax.

Not only are these people paying their fair share, they’re picking up other people’s shares as well.

Roughly half the taxpayers in the U.S. pay no income taxes. As a practical matter, most taxpayers need to make around $39,000 before they’re hit by the income tax. All taxpayers pay the payroll tax, but according to a recent study by the Urban Institute, when workers retire, Social Security and Medicare give taxpayers their money back. The less money you make, the more likely you are to get all your payroll taxes back, and then some.

Income taxes are different. You don’t get them back. They pay for the military, nuclear weapons upkeep, environmental protection, food stamps, housing assistance, welfare, Medicaid and a myriad of other services and transfer payments.

There are 140 million taxpayers in the United States. Half of them make less than $39,275, the cutoff point that divides the top 50 percent from the lower 50 percent. Because taxes are so high on upper income Americans, that means that 70 million Americans – 50 percent of the country – pay 97 percent of the income tax. The other half pay less than 3 percent.

When critics of tax reform claim it’s a tax cut for the rich, that’s of course because it’s only middle-income and upper-income people who pay income taxes. And it’s been that way for a long time.

In 2001, the top 10 percent made 43 percent of the money and they paid 64 percent of the income tax. The top 1 percent made 17 percent of the money and paid 33 percent of the income tax.

The proposed tax reform pending in the Congress will likely continue this trend because the doubling of the standard deduction and the increase in the child credit mean more people will pay no taxes, shifting the burden even more to the few people who do. As for upper income people, so long as their share of the tax cut is in proportion to their share of the taxes they pay, it’s hard to argue that the tax cut is unfair.

But what about Warren Buffet’s secretary? Remember her? We were told she pays a higher tax rate than her boss. Perhaps Mr. Buffet reduced his tax rate thanks to an abundance of charitable giving combined with other reasons, but examples like this, according to the IRS, are exceptions to the rule. It’s bad policy to legislate by rare anecdote, especially when the facts run contrary to the anecdote.

The system is incredibly progressive. According to the IRS, in 2015, the top 1 percent paid an average tax rate of 27.1 percent, the top 10 percent paid an average rate of 21.4 percent, the top 30 percent paid an average rate of 17.4 percent and the top 50 percent paid an average rate of 15.7 percent. The bottom 50 percent paid an average rate of 3.6 percent.

Average Tax Rate:
Top 1% 27.1%
Top 1-10% 21.4%
Top 11-30% 17.4%
Top 31-50% 15.7%
Bottom 50% 3.6%

Not only do middle-income and upper-income Americans pay the most, they make it possible for their fellow Americans to receive quite a bit of government largesse. According to a study from the American Enterprise Institute, 60 percent of U.S. households, those making less than about $51,000, receive more in transfer payments than they pay in federal taxes.

The bottom 20 percent of earners, according to AEI, received $9600 in government transfer payments in 2013 and paid only $800 in federal taxes. They got back twelve times what they paid in.

The United States is a generous nation. A small group of people pay an awful lot of money which gets redistributed to their fellow citizens.

As Congress considers tax reform, the best policy would be a new tax code with lower rates that stimulates the economy to create more jobs and lift wages. When the economy booms again, fewer workers will need government payments and instead, they can join the ranks of taxpayers who earn enough to see the merits and fairness of income tax rate cuts.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-26 13:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Political discussion aside, this sentence is just atrocious. Nearly every word is used incorrectly or put in the incorrect context even if you allow for figurative (what you meant) instead of literally.

He's secretly got a poster of 90s-era Hillary in one of those big-shoulder skirt suits that he keeps around for "inspiration."
Grammar Nazi! We have a Grammar Nazi in our midst!

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-26 13:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just messing with you Ramy, Grammar away!
[+]
By Nausi 2017-10-26 13:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Lol, this made me chuckle. You have redeeming qualities my friend.

I post on a phone. It sucks, but its often a necessity.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-10-26 13:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm posting from my ipod shuffle so I understand you fam
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-26 13:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like nobody proofreads their posts anymore.

What was the point in removing the edit feature again?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 98 99 100