First Page 2 3 ... 23 24
By Blazed1979 2023-06-14 10:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiehna said: »
For Windower:
30 frame rate is: config FrameRateDivisor 2
60 frame rate is: config FrameRateDivisor 1
Uncapped frame rate is: config FrameRateDivisor 0
dont know if anyone is aware of the rivatuner use to cap frame rates.
in rivatuner cap fps to 90 and use frameratedivisor 0.
the game runs best and smoothest at around 85-88 fps with what appears to be much faster motions and movements without any of the hyperwalking. Hyperwalking glitches start to happen for me at around 95+ fps.
only issue is remembering to uncap fps in rivatuner when playing other modern games.
Spent first week of diabloIV release trying to figure why the hell my RTX3090ti couldn't get more than 90 FPS on D4
 Asura.Shiehna
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Shiehna 2023-06-14 13:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
dont know if anyone is aware of the rivatuner use to cap frame rates.
in rivatuner cap fps to 90 and use frameratedivisor 0.
the game runs best and smoothest at around 85-88 fps with what appears to be much faster motions and movements without any of the hyperwalking. Hyperwalking glitches start to happen for me at around 95+ fps.
only issue is remembering to uncap fps in rivatuner when playing other modern games.
Spent first week of diabloIV release trying to figure why the hell my RTX3090ti couldn't get more than 90 FPS on D4
You can however download and run a free program called Riva Tuner Statistics that will let you cap any PC game's frame rate at whatever you want it to be set for. I use that program and set the cap at 65 FPS for FFXI. You could also just set it to 60 FPS, my reason for setting at 65 is because in laggy areas it causes the frame dips to not be as low as when the game is normally locked at the 57-59 FPS.
Yep I mentioned about Riva Tuner in my post lol. You can solve that issue with it capping your other PC games by adding the playonline (pol.exe) file into the Riva Tuner menu and setting the cap for just FFXI by itself. Riva has a global option that will apply the cap to all games, however like you mentioned that causes issues with more modern PC games. So just click the green "add" button at the bottom and you can set XI's frame rate cap by itself and then it won't affect any other PC games frame rates.

For my PC the optimal frame rate for XI is running between 65 and 75. Above 75 frames the game starts moving too fast both with walk speed and attack/spell animations. I'm not sure how it's not hyper running for you at 85, cause it starts doing that on my PC at like 76+ frames. I have an AMD RX 6800XT card which runs modern games really well like Cyberpunk 2077 and Doom Eternal, etc. So idk I guess the XI frame rate varies a little with each person's PC on where the hyper speed will kick in on uncapped frame rate.

Also kinda funny side note, I was messing around and tried setting Riva Tuner to like 500 frames just to see if XI would be able to run at that speed and max it will let you set the frame rate to is 480 on Riva. It actually made my XI run between 390 and 400 frames lol it was pretty insane looking. :P
[+]
 Bahamut.Navius
Server: Bahamut
user: phot0nic
By Bahamut.Navius 2023-06-14 17:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm having a new issue now.
There's something wrong with the in-game font (menus, chat)
It's hard to describe.
Not sure if you guys can notice it from the screenshot I took.

I had a similar issue a while back and thought it was due to scaling. My related posts are here.

After playing around with it a bit afterwards, I learned that the High Quality font setting looks good and doesn't have those jagged artifacts if I set the texture filtering in dgVoodoo to anything but 'App driven'. I am currently running 'Force anisotropic 2x' with the HQ font setting, and it looks good.

I also run with dgVoodoo's antialiasing turned off. Turning it on did not improve the font rendering, but it did cause stray black lines around my FFXIDB minimap. I use ReShade to add antialiasing back in post-process.
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-14 23:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It actually made my XI run between 390 and 400 frames lol it was pretty insane looking. :P
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-06-15 11:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Would love to see a guide on how to obtain a good stable 60 fps on this game but for some reason it just tanks here and there.

I am hoping something with the remix tech, with the way it offloads will get us better performance in addition to slightly better picture.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-16 07:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know if its because I have 6 windows open across 2 ultra wide monitors, but my fps in whitegate is terrible.
I have windower and FFXI installed on my nvme.2 980 pro
gpu is an rtx3090ti
Cpu i9 10th gen overclocked
Ram is 64gb
How do I fix this? I remember before I quit on my 2080ti I could run 10 windows without lag. But there was something someone taught me to do with some 3rd party software that did something to allow FFXI to get more performance from my resourcea.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I get 200 fps on RDR2 at ultra and FFXI whitegate lags..
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-06-16 12:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the same problem on my main rig.
I used to remote to my media pc where XI lived (ryzen 7 2700X, 16GB RAM, GTX 970, Win10), no fps dips at all in WG or Nash. I moved everything to my main rig (ryzen 9 3900x, 3080TI, 32GB,Win 10) and my non focus chars were dippin to single digit fps. That cpu was damaged, replaced with a ryzen 7 5800X, and its a lot better, but my non-focused chars still dip to 15-25 fps at times.

I have no idea why, unless its something with the RTX architexture and this old *** 20 yr old game somehow.
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-16 14:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

that's in your Nvidia and windows settings. can't remember where, but you need to remove the "limit FPS" option to background instances.
Figured out what it was it I had on my old rig. 4GB Patch + an option in dgvoodoo. I set vram to 8gb since i have 24 available. shits running smooth. but now the colors are super saturated and slight yellow tint/hue i'm picking up
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-06-16 16:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Primex said: »
that's in your Nvidia and windows settings. can't remember where, but you need to remove the "limit FPS" option to background instances.
Figured out what it was it I had on my old rig. 4GB Patch + an option in dgvoodoo. I set vram to 8gb since i have 24 available. shits running smooth. but now the colors are super saturated and slight yellow tint/hue i'm picking up
Prime are you running the dgvoodoo? Which version. I’m running a similar card and setup and feel like my gpu should healthily run 40 instances of FFXi but similar complaints as you
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-16 16:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Running everything in this video
I used the 4GBpatch mentioned in the video. I manually input 8000, and in DGvoodoo I followed everything else he said.

FPS is great.

BUT

the color saturation was terrible. *** up my ASUS ROG Swift PG35's display.
Kenshi said it was probably reshader. tried to uninstall it from everywhere I had it installed.. but it keeps re-installing itself and popping up whenever I reboot windower/POL.

It's going to take me forever to get my contrast/brightness/nvidia and XI settings fixed.

If anyone knows how the fooookin hell to permanently nuke reshade and get it the *** off of my pc please PM
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-06-16 16:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

8000?
Have you tried just turning reshade off from the in-game reshade menu??
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-16 17:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

its ok. had to remove some files. a very annoyed Kenshi and some few hours later. its fixed.
Well not as good as it was before but at least it doesnt feel like I'm on shrooms.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-06-18 09:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Primex said: »

That setting?
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-18 09:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

that and then there is windows settings which i believe is considered global settings in this context.
This might help:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/foreground-background-fps-swapped/69d110e4-6c75-4ae9-beab-dad565fdc0b1
By Blazed1979 2023-06-18 09:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
8000?
Have you tried just turning reshade off from the in-game reshade menu??
sorry forgot to answer. Yes I manually input 8000 instead of the 4gb and it seems to be working.
The reshade issue was a file called something other than reshade which once deleted, got rid of it finally.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [245 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-02-18 12:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The most recent version (2.8.3) of Dgvoodoo added another additional option for mipmapping, wonder how do you guys set it? Supposing you fiddled with it a bit and are not using the default option.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-02-18 18:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
The most recent version (2.8.3) of Dgvoodoo added another additional option for mipmapping, wonder how do you guys set it? Supposing you fiddled with it a bit and are not using the default option.

It's a pretty big performance hit for FFXI, I'd just stick with the normal Windower settings since the game natively supports mipmapping. Testing around and it seems to mostly have issues when there are a ton of player models, along with weird graphical glitches with weapons.
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24