Random Politics & Religion #21

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #21
Random Politics & Religion #21
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 50 51 52
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-30 12:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2017-03-30 12:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asking for proof when no one has proof only in FFXI land does that make sense.
By fonewear 2017-03-30 12:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Was Donny kidnapped or something I haven't seen his Canadian face for ages.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-03-30 12:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
As one who's calling for proof to prove a point where's your proof?

the proof to prove his point is the proof that disproves your point that you haven't provided because you don't have any proof.
Except I never had a point in this... personally I don't think trump was in bed with Putin and as far as any of his cadre doing anything I'm good to leave it up to the investigation to see what turns up and until then I reserve judgement...
By fonewear 2017-03-30 12:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The investigation will be over when Trump is out of office. So you can rest assured it will be worthwhile !
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-30 12:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I'd be interested to see how you do... it's not only a big thing in politics but big amongst average ordinary citizens... it's one of those weird things that crosses party lines too...
Wrong, and also, wrong.

How can Israel be a big thing in politics when it wasn't even a big voting issue for the general election, nor is Israel even a top contender of foreign policy issues period.

More people are concerned with Mexico and Canada and Russia than they are about Israel....
Yes, more people are concerned with those countries. But you are ignoring the outsized pile of campaign contributions that American zionists bring to the table.

Did you fail to notice that all those ever so moral republican presidential candidates, every one of them save Trump, traveled to Las Vegas to kiss the ring of a man who made his wealth in gambling and prostitution?
You mean that they went to a person who has money and wants to spend it on a Republican win? For shame!

Never mind that all political campaigns do that, and neither you, nor Flavin, nor the 3 Amigos Tinfoilers have shown any evidence that this was a driving issue, nor a major issue, nor a major decision, in people's voting like you infer it was.

Face it, it wasn't.
Are you being deliberately obtuse? You are ignoring what I say and claiming I said something else.

I never said it was an important issue to the average voter. Show me where I said Israel drives votes.

It is however, an outsized issue for American zionists, many of who donate politically, some massively. Politicians of all parties and stripes flock to money. They vote for things important to their financial backers. This is how, and where, the zionists and APAIC influence our politics.
By fonewear 2017-03-30 12:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The average voter doesn't know what the word Zionist means...
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-30 13:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Asking for proof when no one has proof only in FFXI land does that make sense.

our attention spans are so short that asking for proof of something is almost a sure fire way of derailing the entire argument.

there are going to be people that believe obama wiretapped trump out of jellymad paramoia and people that believe putin and trump struck a deal to beat clinton over a double date with borst with beets and underage chechnya prostitutes.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-30 13:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't realize we were having an argument that is how shot my attention span is !
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-03-30 13:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

its where the people in the matrix live
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-30 13:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »

its where the people in the matrix live

Nice but did you see the woman in the red dress ?
By fonewear 2017-03-30 13:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought the Matrix was about Jews taking over the world...glad to hear I wasn't wrong.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-03-30 13:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What cracks me up is how we interfere with many other countries elections, but now all of a sudden you are all pissed cause it could have happened to us? Out of here with that ***!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-30 13:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Just last week I was trying to interfere with the upcoming French election. No one seems to care though.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-03-30 13:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Equating U.S. activism in other countries with an email phishing scheme is *** nonsense.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-30 13:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
What cracks me up is how we interfere with many other countries elections, but now all of a sudden you are all pissed cause it could have happened to us? Out of here with that ***!
But we Americans are such special snowflakes....
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-30 14:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Senete dems just cited Hillary's 9/11 collapse and the proliferation of the story across the internet as a prime example of Russian hacking interference.

They are scraping the bottom of the barrel.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-30 14:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Equating U.S. activism in other countries with an email phishing scheme is *** nonsense.

activism?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-30 14:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Senate hearing: Russian meddling did not stop at the election
CNN

Selected bits...
Quote:
One finding from the hearing so far: Russian interference with American politics did not stop after the election.

Russian operatives have even been active in US politics through this week, driving a wedge between Republicans after the fallout from the health care bill failure, said Clinton Watts, a senior fellow at the Center for Cyber and Homeland Security at George Washington University.

"This past week we observed social media campaigns targeting speaker of the House Paul Ryan hoping to foment further unrest amongst US democratic institutions," Watts told senators.
Russians had also targeted politicians, even those -- including Sen. Marco Rubio -- who sat on the intelligence panel....

Sen. Ron Wyden, an Oregon Democrat, made the case that the committee needed access to President Donald Trump's tax returns in order to investigate whether he'd been influenced by Russians.
"We need to follow the money," Wyden said. He also sought to understand the ties between Putin's administration, Russian oligarchs and Russian crime organizations, saying: "Russia's corruption problem, may be our corruption problem."
Watts responded that Wyden should "follow the trail of dead Russians," a clear reference to Putin critics who have turned up dead....

"There were upwards of 1,000 paid Internet trolls working out of a facility in Russia, in effect, taking over series of computers, which is then called a 'botnet,'" Warner, a Virginia Democrat, said Wednesday. "If you Googled 'election hacking' leading up to the election and immediately afterwards, you wouldn't get Fox or ABC, The New York Times, what you got is four out of the first five news stories that popped up were Russian propaganda."...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-30 14:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Bro, obama had all that surveillance passed around before he left. SECUFICALLY so that it would get leaked (illegally) in order to damage Trump. If there was anything to it we would already know.

Now which part of that statement do you not think is true?

Evidence?

Where is it bro, I don't see any.
Which part?

That's your theory, completely based off your opinion. The best I can say is, it's not impossible?

It is my assertion. But it's not all fluff.

We know trump was surveilled.
We know info / phone transcripts were leaked to the press.
We know Obama changed the rules on intel sharing before he left.

Right?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-30 14:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

activism?

You're gonna play the "we did it too" card to the people who have been screaming against our imperialism for 30 years? I Wonder how he'll take it.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-30 14:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

And in other news, the Donald needs to learn to count.

Quote:
"The Freedom Caucus will hurt the entire Republican agenda if they don't get on the team, & fast. We must fight them, & Dems, in 2018!" Trump tweet.
Ummm... without either the "freedom" caucus or breakaway dems he passes nothing in the house.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-30 14:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

There were upwards of 1,000 paid Internet trolls

I want this job! someone, anyone please hook me up!!!

I'm totaly qualified!!!

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-30 14:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There were upwards of 1,000 paid Internet trolls

I want this job! someone, anyone please hook me up!!!

I'm totaly qualified!!!
Sprechen ze Ruski?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-30 14:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to imagine Nik as a doc emmet brown type character crossed with the rambunctiousness of Weird Al's Rambo impression from "UHF".

Throw some kind of ZZtop beard in there too and I think he's done.

Anyone else?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-30 14:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sprechen ze Ruski?

nyet

I have friend that got conned into majoring in russian....

but then he found out the hard way how little russian translators get paid.... Bupkis.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-30 14:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you being deliberately obtuse? You are ignoring what I say and claiming I said something else.
Ok, you stated this:

But you are ignoring the outsized pile of campaign contributions that American zionists bring to the table.
Well, let's see here.

Senate race: ~$10 million (didn't calculate, just added up all +$200k donation)
House race: ~$2 million (just eyeballing this one)

So, total is ~$12 million, give or take. And remember, this is for all Israeli-related donations.

Now, let's look at the total donations: Almost $1.5 trillion.

That's right. Your "outsized" pile of campaign contributions can't even break .00001% of total contributions.

I never said it was an important issue to the average voter. Show me where I said Israel drives votes.
No, that's not your argument. That was the argument of the 3 Tinfoilers. You lumped yourself into that argument though. That statement was made to those who are holding the same views.

It is however, an outsized issue for American zionists, many of who donate politically, some massively. Politicians of all parties and stripes flock to money. They vote for things important to their financial backers. This is how, and where, the zionists and APAIC influence our politics.
And at a very small percentage. It is not a driving factor, nor is it a platform, nor is it anything other than a conspiracy to state that Israel had more than absolute minimal, even de minimus, amount of influence in US politics.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-03-30 14:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm totaly qualified!!!

I'll be a reference.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 50 51 52