Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Final Fantasy 30 year celebration event
Final Fantasy 30 year celebration event
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-31 04:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Could it be they delayed it so much to allow for a not-yet-announced STEAM version to come out more or less around the same period?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-01-31 04:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

no chance. PC version won't be for a while, they will never release them at the same time as that cuts in to their bottom line. much more profitable to delay the release to double dip on the people who might be willing to buy it twice for extra features on PC.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-31 04:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah originally rumors said late feb for PS4 and end of the year for PC, but now that PS4 is coming out in July...
I really don't get why such a big delay.
The majority of the important conversion/HD-ization stuff is done, maybe it still needs a few tweaks, but July seems way too far for just that.

Maybe it's a matter of not competing with other titles coming out, I dunno...
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-31 04:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Natenn said: »
-FF anniversery pack (FF1-9 on one disc for PS$)
We already know this.
It's coming out for PS4, very limited edition with really limited copies, sold exclusively on the SE store. It's gonna include all Final Fantasy from 1 to 15 except 11, it's gonna have lotsa bonus content, artworks and stuff for all those FFs and a special plush and other unique bonuses as well. Coming out after march and price not known yet but you can bet it's gonna cost a lot. I doubt it will go for less than 300€
The leak above also assumed FFXII to come out in late february.
This isn't true anymore, the consequence of this is that we should assume this leak to also have been a fake? /shrug
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-31 04:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Crystal Neptunia said: »
So far announced:

super expensive wines
50% sales on se products
worldwide Distant Worlds concerts
more cup noodles(including an Ultima Fork lmao)
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Manga called Final Fantasy Lost Strangers will release in march.
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
FFXV: Episode Gladio release on march 28. Cor will be in the episode.

Episode Prompto in june.

Booster pack DLC february 21st.

lol <_<
Cloud coming to Exvius on february 6th.
Dissidia Opera Omnia (mobile game) releases february 1st.
Sephiroth for Mobius(no *** given on my part on this...)
FFXII: Zodiac Age release dates

Balthier to arrive in World of Final Fantasy.
Condensed all info for new page.
By Blazed1979 2017-01-31 05:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Awe no unicorns...FFXI reboot would have probably made my decade. They seriously underestimate this title's potential.
At least there's no more FFXIII spinoffs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-01-31 05:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Chriscoffey said: »
Yeah, evidently something that has kept going this long and for years doesn't make business sense to them to reboot with upgrades and more storyline. I would be ecstatic myself to continue my adventure.
Exactly. Its Low hanging fruit. They've built massive brand equity in FFXI. They could stamp an FFXI-2 on ebola and it would sell. Which really leads me to believe they do in fact have something cooking but its classified!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2017-01-31 05:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2017-01-31 06:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2017-01-31 06:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

so tomorrow we get a trailer? >.>
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-31 06:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That Sephiroth pic is about Mobius, not VII.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2017-01-31 06:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

what a rip off, thats like thanksgivng dinner but theres only a sliver of turkey
 Bahamut.Samunai
Server: Bahamut
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2017-01-31 06:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So far announced:

super expensive wines
50% sales on se products
worldwide Distant Worlds concerts
more cup noodles(including an Ultima Fork lmao)

the worldwide concerts were already announced last year. i bought tickets in October already. i guess they haven't sold out yet /think
 Bahamut.Samunai
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2017-01-31 06:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXII: Zodiac Age release dates

I wonder what sort of issues they had with FFXII Zodiac? Previous rumours (from very reliable sources) hinted at a late february release.
July is very late for a game that's pretty much almost done from what we heard from people who are handling the conversion.

Really wonder the reasons of this "delay".

might be something simple as - introducing balthier to WoFF > marketing - and this getting more souls to (re)want the game > hoping for higher sell-rate. idk? you know, its SE we are talking about...
By Justuas 2017-01-31 10:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want more FF on Steam.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-01-31 10:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age will in part be about Balthier and Fran's kids.

/troll
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2017-01-31 11:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

FFX-2 was already on the edge of being ***for a good part of its duration, but managed to close down Yuna and Tidus' adventures in what I call a somewhat satisfying way (with the good ending).
But that already was a quite contrived, retconned and stretched story for my tastes.

Agreed. The ending of FFX was already satisfying and felt totally complete. Every story doesn't have to end in the most cheerful way. Yuna was content with Tidus's departure. It is not like she threw herself around in agony when she lost him. Why not just leave it there?
By Viciouss 2017-01-31 11:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what sort of issues they had with FFXII Zodiac? Previous rumours (from very reliable sources) hinted at a late february release.
July is very late for a game that's pretty much almost done from what we heard from people who are handling the conversion.

Really wonder the reasons of this "delay".

Simple logistics I'm guessing. Late February is not a good release date for anything not already scheduled. Horizon Zero Dawn is looking good and slotted for Feb 28, Nintendo Switch and Zelda is March 3rd, along with other Nintendo titles, and Mass Effect is late March. There really isn't any room in there for any game, regardless of quality. I don't believe it has anything to do with development.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-01-31 12:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
FFX-2 was already on the edge of being ***for a good part of its duration, but managed to close down Yuna and Tidus' adventures in what I call a somewhat satisfying way (with the good ending).
But that already was a quite contrived, retconned and stretched story for my tastes.

Agreed. The ending of FFX was already satisfying and felt totally complete. Every story doesn't have to end in the most cheerful way. Yuna was content with Tidus's departure. It is not like she threw herself around in agony when she lost him. Why not just leave it there?

But she hadn't made peace with it, which was why she became a sphere hunter. I think X-2's "bad" ending is the better/more thematically satisfying one; Tidus is gone, but she's accepted it and truly moved on.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2017-01-31 12:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

But she hadn't made peace with it, which was why she became a sphere hunter. I think X-2's "bad" ending is the better/more thematically satisfying one; Tidus is gone, but she's accepted it and truly moved on.

Yeah, I understand but at least they should have made only the "bad" ending. Bringing Tidus back does no good to the story and even kills the dramatic effect of the original ending. I just don't like retcons.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-31 12:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys if you think X-2 story is bad do yourselves a favour and never look into 2.5

That stuff makes you wonder if Nojima is even sane.
By Faelar 2017-01-31 13:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

Simple logistics I'm guessing. Late February is not a good release date for anything not already scheduled. Horizon Zero Dawn is looking good and slotted for Feb 28, Nintendo Switch and Zelda is March 3rd, along with other Nintendo titles, and Mass Effect is late March. There really isn't any room in there for any game, regardless of quality. I don't believe it has anything to do with development.

I agree with this.

Take Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning for an example. Great game....released around when Skyrim came out. Guess which game got more attention?

They are probably putting it there so it's the only title in that release window that gets attention. Good move, imo.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-01-31 15:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit disappointed they spent more time on FF merch and wine than any announcements.

I was half hoping they'd announce content for all their existing FF brands, including XI.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-31 15:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

SE thrives on our delusions :(
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Apocalypse 2017-01-31 15:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What, no one is posting the fork? This is what you were looking forward to, right?

...right?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-01-31 16:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

wait. it's not even a ff themed wine... and it's 950 bucks? that bottle of wine can be purchased for less than 100!

i could drink a ton of wine right now tbh.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2017-02-02 13:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

wait is that fork real?
 Asura.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-02-02 13:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

$950.00 wine and an Audi R8 for $500,000. Stay classy Square Enix.