Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-15 09:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

pankakes said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
unstacked rudra's ~22k. SA Rudra 55k. TA Rudra 45k.

That means unstacked Rudra's didn't have attack cap, but stacked Rudra's did. What were the buffs at the time?

Attack should have been capped. I wanna say it was bolster frailty, fury, torpor, hunters, chaos, SV march/min (no aeonic). Did twashtar/aeneas 3k SA and then TP unknown for the others.

Odd, without boost/indi-dex I'm usually at 55k~ for stacked Rudra's but 28-32k for unstacked when I have at least BoG frailty and full bard songs. Figured the difference would be attack.

Is that Aeneas main hand and '2k tp'?

I always swap hands on Fu for the big boost from AM3 white damage numbers with the DT+. Going into this I assumed he was going to be tougher than Fu so I swapped at the start to keep things moving faster and forgot to ever swap back.

Side note - That really screwed me. Usually I can TA the tank and get away with plenty of time to spare on Fu but we shot right through 75% before I could move out of conal range with auto attack animation lock. Not sure if he had lower HP
than Fu or we were just over buffed, but Fu never drops that fast.

Yeah I spam Rudra's at 1250ish TP with Aeneas mainhand as my standard play. Whenever I hit attack cap my Rudra's is in the 28-32k range.
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2017-03-15 09:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
So it seems that the order of SPs is always the same at least, that's good news I guess.
If the order were completely random fight would've been way messier

Yeah, he's actually pretty easy in the end because you are done dealing with all of his shitty mechanics by 60%. After that you can just zerg him down the rest of the fight without much thought for what he's doing.
 Phoenix.Amarok
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amarok 2017-03-15 10:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The 15% AoE terror move isn't very potent. I think worst case we had was 8s, but some evaded entirely.
By Chosenone1 2017-03-15 11:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

so am i reading this right that you have to go the card route not the boss route to get to ou?
By pankakes 2017-03-15 11:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Chosenone1 said: »
so am i reading this right that you have to go the card route not the boss route to get to ou?

Yes. Person with 5 KIs enters as party leader. Do card run on floor 2. Clear all of floor 3 and then go up to Ou.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-15 11:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Chosenone1 said: »

Pretty sure they said it pops up as another option like the 5 bosses, so that would mean you go to fight the sub boss, so it's not the card farming route.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-15 11:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
so it's not the card farming route.

It IS the card route. And you have to kill all enemies for the Ou option to pop up at the end of the Porxie floor.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-15 12:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Quote:
so it's not the card farming route.

It IS the card route. And you have to kill all enemies for the Ou option to pop up at the end of the Porxie floor.

So the group that went Gin instead of Ou *** up on the 2nd floor, not the 3rd floor?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-15 12:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that group thought they would get to chose Ou on the miniboss floor. So all that was left is to do a normal run.
[+]
 Sylph.Talym
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Talym
By Sylph.Talym 2017-03-15 14:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
So it seems that the order of SPs is always the same at least, that's good news I guess.
If the order were completely random fight would've been way messier

As soon as I saw the order, I figured that it was probably consistently that way. They appear to be ordered in ascending "value" of their corresponding shogi pieces:

Fu - pawn
Kyou - lance
Kei - knight
Gin - silver general
Kin - gold general
Ou - king

Going to do our first Ou tonight, looking forward to it. Also took three mules on our boss runs, so we'll have another 3 Ous on Saturday.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-03-15 20:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just fought it finally, it's stupid easy >.> . Control dmg from 95%-after it does fullers, and it's a joke. We had two 99k CDCs and Reso's so it went from 95-->45% rq and fullers killed 4/8 of the group...Got 2 corals, and COR neck
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-15 20:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I just want to know if the neck stacks.

It doesn't stack. In fact barataria ring takes precedence.

I can also confirm that it doesn't stack, but in my case Barataria Ring did not take precedence. I tested it and observed the same values with and without the ring on.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-15 21:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
but in my case Barataria Ring did not take precedence

Most likely a gearswap thing on what equips first ?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-16 00:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The final zerg is no joke, I didn't manage it "solo", but maybe if I knew it would take bonus darkness damage and I had multi-stepped I could've made it happen. Interesting to see him take extra darkness, though, opposite of the other ones.

That Coronach at the bottom missed (he was capped racc all fight -.-) and timed out when I thought we had won.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-03-16 01:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes enhanced skillchain(probably magic?) damage in at least the ending phase. Did 99K and 70K off non-multi-step lights. 99K was before healing TP move, so enhanced magic damage might be triggered by the 15% terror move or well before(can't check logs if it was enhanced the entire fight).

Regal earring added another 15 accuracy to the set bonus.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-16 01:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
It takes enhanced skillchain(probably magic?) damage in at least the ending phase. Did 99K and 70K off non-multi-step lights. 99K was before healing TP move, so enhanced magic damage might be triggered by the 15% terror move or well before(can't check logs if it was enhanced the entire fight).

Regal earring added another 15 accuracy to the set bonus.

Well all the Cat take extra light SC damage, but it's usually normal or reduced for darkness. If I had 3-step darkness instead of Rudra Rudra it likely would've added enough damage difference to win.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-03-16 01:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If they all take extra light damage it's not very noticeable. Light is probably the only SC I make on them and never do 99K lights unless it's off a SP2'd Fudo that does 60K or something.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-16 01:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure I've done bonus light on Kin and Kei, maybe Kyou, but I don't actually light that often so I guess I cannot be certain.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-03-16 08:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did some Ou the other day 6 man (PLD, RUN w/ lionheart, 2x RNG w/ fomalhaut, BRD, and GEO). From what I've noticed, light dmg was pretty significant near the end as I closed 2x 99k lights with 20-30k resolutions. I'm pretty it wasn't 3-stepped as our rngs only did 1 last stand each before it was dead.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-03-16 10:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just won w/ DNC and DRG as main sources of damage:

Angon/Allies Roll/Bolster/SV > Camlann's Torment > Climactic Rudra's > Stardiver > Climactic Rudra's finished it off in under 10 seconds.

It's just as weak to Darkness as Light at the end, it seems.

Dropped Urushi, Coral and COR Necklace.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-03-16 11:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
If they all take extra light damage it's not very noticeable. Light is probably the only SC I make on them and never do 99K lights unless it's off a SP2'd Fudo that does 60K or something.

Gin definitely takes enhanced skillchain damage. If I had to eyeball I'd say it's a 2x multiplier.
 Shiva.Avero
user: Avero
By Shiva.Avero 2017-03-16 11:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Just won w/ DNC and DRG as main sources of damage:

Allies Roll/Bolster/SV > Camlann's Torment > Climactic Rudra's > Stardiver > Climactic Rudra's finished it off in under 10 seconds.

It's just as weak to Darkness as Light at the end, it seems.

Dropped Urushi, Coral and COR Necklace.

Grats on COR neck Ari!
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-03-16 12:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Just did some Ou the other day 6 man (PLD, RUN w/ lionheart, 2x RNG w/ fomalhaut, BRD, and GEO). From what I've noticed, light dmg was pretty significant near the end as I closed 2x 99k lights with 20-30k resolutions. I'm pretty it wasn't 3-stepped as our rngs only did 1 last stand each before it was dead.

Good to see RNG's being used for this as well.
 Sylph.Talym
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Talym
By Sylph.Talym 2017-03-16 13:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Did our Ou last night with this setup:

PLD WHM GEO SAM DNC COR, GEO BRD

Started with no buffs, and then buffed up after Fu's move at 95%, including swapping in the bard temporarily. In retrospect, we'd probably have been better off with another DD instead of the bard, since the songs wore off shortly before the end push anyway. Alternatively, the fight is controlled enough that it would have been possible to swap them back in.

Overall, echoing everyone else, it was quite a lot easier than we expected. Basically, I think that if you can handle the various special moves from the bosses (and I assume you can if you've built an Ou pop), then Ou should pose no problems.

Based on our parse, I'm estimating that it has in the neighborhood of 1.5 million HP, and we can also confirm that the 95%, 75%, 60%, 55%, 45%, 30%, 15%, and 10% special move points are accurate.
By Boshi 2017-03-16 14:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

We had the same %s also.

Drops were coral, the melee ring, and a moonbow leather.

Th4
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-03-16 14:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda disappointing that in all of Omen gear availible, Blu is only on mage gear/body and not on other pieces besides that DEX+10 ring
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-03-16 15:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta say, that's a ballsy setup for first time doing boss. Even with RNGed DD, no WHM for support? BRD and GEO doing most the tank and RUN healing?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-16 15:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

Gotta say, that's a ballsy setup for first time doing boss. Even with RNGed DD, no WHM for support? BRD and GEO doing most the tank and RUN healing?

Honestly aside from some of his ability usages (the other boss ones) he's really not dangerous at all. We had some deaths but indi-fade and Meteor wasn't even killing weakened tarutaru's. Not sure anyone died to anything that wasn't a boss move.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-16 15:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lux Valiance and grats, you're taking no damage from Caturae.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-03-16 15:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

Honestly aside from some of his ability usages (the other boss ones) he's really not dangerous at all. We had some deaths but indi-fade and Meteor wasn't even killing weakened tarutaru's. Not sure anyone died to anything that wasn't a boss move.

Our BRD and GEO are pretty good healers. I was going to have one of our RNGs go BLU because I was worried about dps, but decided to just have him go RNG since we didn't have any curagas. We did take our time on our first attempt to learn the fight and did have some deaths, but it's true you don't need a WHM for this fight.
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 61 62 63