Game: FFXI
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-05 08:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Asura.Foreverj said: »
Lady, if u do pakacet again I need a v body for 5 million. It's a night merc so in on at night lol. And a anofta kaften from virava 8 million pls. That's a hard one to merc as I don't think people need the other crap from him.

I still need the Kaftan so my buddy and I might go see if we can handle doing it, and might add it to our services when we're both around.

But...I don't know your in-game character name, heh.

Foreverj lol

Ah, since you had recently posted I thought you'd be online, but you're not. And I don't recall seeing that name around either, so thought you were posting on a mule name or something. I'll keep you in mind.

I post because I cannot play. (At work) lol
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-05-05 09:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

and the winner is.. spicyryan!

seriously, every merc thread every time, is it really that hard to comprehend that for some people buying from a merc is the optimal choice? even if you want to play 16 hours a day and help everyone who asks every single time, you're going to eventually get burned out.. you can't singlehandedly stop mercing on even one server, you can't kill anything worthwhile, and you're certainly slower than the merc services are
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-05-05 09:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha Comeatmebro you made my day, this thread getting good.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-05 10:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Haha Comeatmebro you made my day, this thread getting good.

Damn konvict heard his name even tho we whispering lol. Made an Idris yet konvict? Stuck on coalitions? Lol

I'm taking floppy and lady's side. Floppy is a helpful guy with his blue guides and trying to help people. And lady tryin to make a few gils that some people might find it easier and more efficient then do it themselves.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-05 13:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
you're certainly slower than the merc services are

Wait for 2 weeks for a free Jovian body while losing every single parse for 2 whole weeks, no thanks!
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-05 13:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Wait for 2 weeks for a free Jovian body while losing every single parse for 2 whole weeks, no thanks!

Who's waiting for 2 weeks for Jovian body? That's a top priority item.
By Afania 2016-05-05 13:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Who's waiting for 2 weeks for Jovian body? That's a top priority item.

Someone someone with double AG on blu!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-07 00:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

OP has been updated to reflect a change in pricing. Also, bump.
By Nocki 2016-05-07 04:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny, those prices look familiar.
By Titanfoo 2016-05-07 13:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nocki said: »

yup
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-07 14:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh noes!! Are you feeling threatened?!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nocki 2016-05-07 23:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »

Just curious why the prices were cheaper than mine, and then suddenly they weren't. With all the undercutting you do, I thought you'd understand the concept.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-07 23:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »

Just curious why the prices were cheaper than mine, and then suddenly they weren't. With all the undercutting you do, I thought you'd understand the concept.

Aren't we on different servers?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nocki 2016-05-08 00:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had a couple people move to me, figured it would make the most sense to look at the game as a full market while also ruling out the servers that also have services like this. Meaning, you had more appeal for someone who was just server hopping for gear since you had a lower price average than me. However, you assumed that because of the popularity of both of our threads that people were actually paying the prices that I have listed. It seems based on your comment that you assume we aren't operating in one market. What if no one has paid for anything that I had stated an now you've just raised your price out of people's reach just to match what you thought I was making because it looks good. Plus, the likelihood of someone forming a competent shout group on your server is much higher than on mine, which means that some people might rather go through that hassle than spending more gil.

tl;dr: Yes we're on different servers, so why try to match my price?

I do agree with Floppy though, interesting timing of all of this.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-08 01:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had a couple people move to me, figured it would make the most sense to look at the game as a full market while also ruling out the servers that also have services like this. Meaning, you had more appeal for someone who was just server hopping for gear since you had a lower price average than me. However, you assumed that because of the popularity of both of our threads that people were actually paying the prices that I have listed. It seems based on your comment that you assume we aren't operating in one market. What if no one has paid for anything that I had stated an now you've just raised your price out of people's reach just to match what you thought I was making because it looks good. Plus, the likelihood of someone forming a competent shout group on your server is much higher than on mine, which means that some people might rather go through that hassle than spending more gil.

tl;dr: Yes we're on different servers, so why try to match my price?

I do agree with Floppy though, interesting timing of all of this.

I copy/pasted my prices from my LS's forums, you have absolutely nothing to do with my prices. I even state this in my edited OP, I'm bringing my prices in line with the rest of my LS so that we have uniformity.
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2016-05-08 01:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

As the linkshell leader i can confirm his price's are a reflection of the linkshell's Merc Price's.

P.s Plue is such a dumb celestial spirit
By Nocki 2016-05-08 01:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I copy/pasted my prices from my LS's forums, you have absolutely nothing to do with my prices. I even state this in my edited OP, I'm bringing my prices in line with the rest of my LS so that we have uniformity.
Happy to know that I was in the correct ballpark then!
I'm just salty that I need 3b more gil to finish my characters and I'm only 1/10th of the way there. =( Good luck with your mercing endeavors! c=
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-05-08 01:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just salty that I need 3b more gil to finish my characters and I'm only 1/10th of the way there. =( Good luck with your mercing endeavors! c=

Hey Nocki, be super careful not to give LoH the impression that you're botting anything. Ladyofhonor.....his (yes, I said his) rage knows no bounds.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-08 01:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »

Hey Nocki, be super careful not to give LoH the impression that you're botting anything. Ladyofhonor.....his (yes, I said his) rage knows no bounds.

Ah yes, the mortal sin of desiring people to play the game themselves, what a terrible achilles heel I have.
By Nocki 2016-05-08 01:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yes, the mortal sin of desiring people to play the game themselves, what a terrible achilles heel I have.
Windower has this magical addon called send, and well... that's all that needs to be said.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-08 01:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower has this magical addon called send, and well... that's all that needs to be said.

He is referencing when I was back on Shiva and I raised an issue with a member of my LS (which Siviard was a leader) that would reive bot anytime he wasn't playing the game. I was told I'm not allowed to call out botters either in LS chat or shouts.

Send is an entirely different matter, as you're still in control.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-05-08 02:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

He is referencing when I was back on Shiva and I raised an issue with a member of my LS (which Siviard was a leader) that would reive bot anytime he wasn't playing the game. I was told I'm not allowed to call out botters either in LS chat or shouts.

The point we were TRYING to get across to you, is that the person in question was willing to risk his/her account to bot the Lair Reives, and that it was completely their business to do so, not ours and sure as hell not yours.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-08 02:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The point we were TRYING to get across to you, is that the person in question was willing to risk his/her account to bot the Lair Reives, and that it was completely their business to do so, not ours and sure as hell not yours.

This may come as a surprise to you, but I prefer to associate with more...honorable individuals.

Also, historically having an open botter in your LS was a matter of concern on Shiva. Not saying most/all old school HNMLS didn't have it going on, but claim bots were major drama in the day, and reive bots are far easier to prove even.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-05-08 02:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This may come as a surprise to you, but I prefer to associate with more...honorable individuals.

Also, historically having an open botter in your LS was a matter of concern on Shiva. Not saying most/all old school HNMLS didn't have it going on, but claim bots were major drama in the day, and reive bots are far easier to prove even.

I really, really hate having to repeat myself, but apparently I didn't get my initial point across to you. I'll try this again one final time in the hopes that you finally get it through your thick skull.

The person in question who was botting Lair Reives was the one that was putting their accounts on the line. It was not my business, not any linkshell member's business, and DEFINITELY NOT YOUR BUSINESS to try and expose them.

We minded our own business, yet you were the one trying to start drama. We politely asked and pleaded with you to mind your own business and drop the subject, yet you chose to leave the server instead. That's entirely on you, not us.