Pokémon GO! - (Savage)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 61 62 63
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-26 06:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Darksparksnot said: »
People buying anything else than lucky eggs from shop?
Incubators/100 Pokéballs weekly so far.
If I am going to keep playing this I will have to buy pokeballs, unfortunately my phone just borks whenever I head towards a pokestop. Unless they release a patch or something that improves play on older phones/ghetto networks that is.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-07-26 07:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't bother buying pokeballs. Once you hit around level 15, crap like low level Pidgeys and Weedles regularly waste/break out of them. If they offered great balls, then I'd consider spending $. Until then, I'd rather spend $ on lucky eggs and incubators.

I have to drive like 15 min from home to get to an area with a cluster of pokestops, but after 2-3 laps I'm stocked. Plus in that time you can catch and hatch pokemon.

It's still a pain in the ***. They need to make this game more accessible to people in more countryside/rural/suburban areas.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-26 08:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I walked around down town a pretty long ways last night. A long way for me anyway.

Caught Meowth and Mankey and hatched two Slowpoke, for new, also caught two Squirtle, one Bulbasaur and had another Bulbasaur run from me.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-07-26 08:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
If I am going to keep playing this I will have to buy pokeballs, unfortunately my phone just borks whenever I head towards a pokestop. Unless they release a patch or something that improves play on older phones/ghetto networks that is.
Stop trying drive-bys :P
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-26 08:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually managed a drive-by Gym placement last night. I'm a tad proud of that.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-26 08:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

That is the thing Jet, my app works if I am in a car doing 30 (I only play in a car while I am a passenger). If I WALK it desyncs and I can't do anything.
By Jetackuu 2016-07-26 09:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the thing Jet, my app works if I am in a car doing 30 (I only play in a car while I am a passenger). If I WALK it desyncs and I can't do anything.

That's weird. I mean yeah mine acts up on me a lot but I get both to work here and there. What is your carrier?
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-26 09:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That's weird. I mean yeah mine acts up on me a lot but I get both to work here and there. What is your carrier?

Straight Talk
By Jetackuu 2016-07-26 09:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Straight Talk
oh.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-07-26 09:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've solely been buying Pokeballs and Lucky Eggs, did buy a few bag expansions though as I was getting sick of having to limit the amount of pokeballs I bought.
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-26 13:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldnt buy pokeballs until they "fix" the accessibility gap between larger cities and rural areas.

I still wouldnt buy them unless they were great/ultra balls. 200 pokeballs is too high for the cost and are broken out of too easily. I'd pay 15$ for 200 ultra balls. 10 for great. If I was really hard pressed, 5 for pokeballs
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-07-26 14:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

When you see a Gyarados and a Venusaur on your radar nearby but you can't find them no matter how much you try.....

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2016-07-26 18:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jiko said: »
Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
I see pictures of people's pokemon collections and some have stars next to them.
What do the stars indicate...?

Also, I'm guessing the starters and Pikachu are super rare? Haven't seen any of them since I started the game about a week ago. I'm level 9 now.

Stars are favourited pokemon.

I wouldnt say "rare", more uncommon... depending on where you live

I'm level 20 and have more than half my Pokedex completed and Ive only seen one Pikachu ever and I ran out of balls. I'm so sad that i stopped catching the majority of common Pokemon now because its not worth the balls.

I drive by the spot I saw the Pikachu every day hoping to see it again...

Edit: Also as for the shop, I get my coins from Gyms, but I've never needed to buy Inventory space... ever... I can't keep enough balls or items to need it lol.

I purchase Lucky Eggs, Incense or Pokestop Lures... those seem to be the most valuable for me.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-26 19:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
When you see a Gyarados and a Venusaur on your radar nearby but you can't find them no matter how much you try.....

Pokevision is your friend.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-26 19:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
I see pictures of people's pokemon collections and some have stars next to them.
What do the stars indicate...?

Also, I'm guessing the starters and Pikachu are super rare? Haven't seen any of them since I started the game about a week ago. I'm level 9 now.

Stars are favourited pokemon.

I wouldnt say "rare", more uncommon... depending on where you live

I'm level 20 and have more than half my Pokedex completed and Ive only seen one Pikachu ever and I ran out of balls. I'm so sad that i stopped catching the majority of common Pokemon now because its not worth the balls.

I drive by the spot I saw the Pikachu every day hoping to see it again...

Edit: Also as for the shop, I get my coins from Gyms, but I've never needed to buy Inventory space... ever... I can't keep enough balls or items to need it lol.

I purchase Lucky Eggs, Incense or Pokestop Lures... those seem to be the most valuable for me.

NO NO NO NONONONONONO!

Catch them pidgeys/weedles/caterpies! As you level up from the 20s it gets insane to level. 50k/75k/100k/150k/200k etc. ALL of them lucky egg evolutions are going to be your friend. EVERY ONE!

Besides, modules/incense without catching them?! WTTFFFF?!?#@!#!
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-07-26 19:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This was before I knew PokeVision was a thing.....
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-26 19:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

This was before I knew PokeVision was a thing.....

That makes me a happy panda then =)
 Shiva.Carrelo
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-07-26 20:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-27 02:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

My sister got this whole examining her eggs. Wot?

Sylph Road says it appears to be a beta joke.
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-07-27 14:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ughhhh so I was walking around this rather large park stocking up on items the other day when I noticed the silhouette of a Dragonite in my tracker. I'm like oh shitttt, a Dragonite! So I start hauling *** across every corner of this park until the Dragonite silhouette is the first thing in the list. It also somehow had one footprint at one point, which made me think it probably wasn't really there. Real or not, it disappeared before I could find it. Would've checked pokevision, but there's about a 50/50 chance I get logged out of the game if I switch apps. :/

Anyway, this park is a pretty popular spot because it has a lot of stops (including a group of 3 that are right on top of each other and next to a public power outlet). At night it's usually full of high school kids who bring a ton of lures, so I go pretty often to catch stuff and charge my phone. Last night, after spending about 10 minutes transferring extra pokemon, I closed the menu and saw it again: ***' Dragonite, y'all.

This time it was personal, so I took the risk of checking pokevision. The Dragonite was real and about a block down the street. Shyeeeet. 6 minutes on the clock. I yelled to the high school kids, who legit stampeded behind me as I ran down the street and around the corner. Changing apps had logged me out of the game (because of *** course it would), so I was frantically closing and relaunching the app trying to get back on. All 12 of these kids caught the Dragonite and then stuck around to watch the drama unfold as I raced against the clock to log in.

Just as I was thinking how terribly unfair it was that I'd be the only one not to catch the damn thing, I made it back on with about 40 seconds left and finally got it! Only 566 CP, but it has somewhere between 80-86% perfect IV scores. Its moves are Dragon Breath and Hyper Beam, so I can't decide if I'm happy because of the stats or disappointed because it has Hyper Beam instead of Dragon Claw. XD
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-27 14:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Found this today
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-27 18:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Carrelo said: »
Ughhhh so I was walking around this rather large park stocking up on items the other day when I noticed the silhouette of a Dragonite in my tracker. I'm like oh shitttt, a Dragonite! So I start hauling *** across every corner of this park until the Dragonite silhouette is the first thing in the list. It also somehow had one footprint at one point, which made me think it probably wasn't really there. Real or not, it disappeared before I could find it. Would've checked pokevision, but there's about a 50/50 chance I get logged out of the game if I switch apps. :/

Anyway, this park is a pretty popular spot because it has a lot of stops (including a group of 3 that are right on top of each other and next to a public power outlet). At night it's usually full of high school kids who bring a ton of lures, so I go pretty often to catch stuff and charge my phone. Last night, after spending about 10 minutes transferring extra pokemon, I closed the menu and saw it again: ***' Dragonite, y'all.

This time it was personal, so I took the risk of checking pokevision. The Dragonite was real and about a block down the street. Shyeeeet. 6 minutes on the clock. I yelled to the high school kids, who legit stampeded behind me as I ran down the street and around the corner. Changing apps had logged me out of the game (because of *** course it would), so I was frantically closing and relaunching the app trying to get back on. All 12 of these kids caught the Dragonite and then stuck around to watch the drama unfold as I raced against the clock to log in.

Just as I was thinking how terribly unfair it was that I'd be the only one not to catch the damn thing, I made it back on with about 40 seconds left and finally got it! Only 566 CP, but it has somewhere between 80-86% perfect IV scores. Its moves are Dragon Breath and Hyper Beam, so I can't decide if I'm happy because of the stats or disappointed because it has Hyper Beam instead of Dragon Claw. XD

Firstly, congrats on the catch!

Second, don't worry so much on the secondary move; you won't (shouldn't) use it unless you're low on HP and using it before death.

Third, I know the feels with pokevision and crashes. I wish that (at least for jailbroke phones) there was a way to overlay pokevision on top of in game map so that wouldnt happen :(
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-27 18:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Not exactly Pokemon Go related but still:

I need it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-27 19:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How much are they charging :p
By Bloodrose 2016-07-27 20:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, had to go and replace my laptop adapter, but damn glad I did.

Because I found an Eevee... (not exactly rare around here, given all the Eveelution* controlled gyms ini my area), but it was a 326CP starter Eevee. Which is pretty rare considering my trainer level is only 12.

Not as dramatic as the dragonite story a few posts up, but happy none the less. And of course, in front of my house, an egg hatched... I got a magikarp... and it takes... 400 candies to become a Gyarados...
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-27 20:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

if it's anything like Mew in February, free
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-27 20:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Gamestop? Free? wait what?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-27 20:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-07-27 21:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Firstly, congrats on the catch!

Second, don't worry so much on the secondary move; you won't (shouldn't) use it unless you're low on HP and using it before death.

Third, I know the feels with pokevision and crashes. I wish that (at least for jailbroke phones) there was a way to overlay pokevision on top of in game map so that wouldnt happen :(
Thanks! ^^y I'm definitely happy with it for attacking purposes, just felt like Dragon Claw (or even Pulse) would make it a more dangerous defender.

Bloodrose said: »
Ugh, had to go and replace my laptop adapter, but damn glad I did.

Because I found an Eevee... (not exactly rare around here, given all the Eveelution* controlled gyms ini my area), but it was a 326CP starter Eevee. Which is pretty rare considering my trainer level is only 12.

Not as dramatic as the dragonite story a few posts up, but happy none the less. And of course, in front of my house, an egg hatched... I got a magikarp... and it takes... 400 candies to become a Gyarados...
Grats! I have like 4 of each Eeveelution and I'm still always really excited when I find an Eevee. XD Hatching a Magikarp is definitely disappointing, but the silver lining is that you get a good chunk of candies towards Gyarados!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2016-07-27 23:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Gamestop? Free? wait what?
Event pokemon like this are pretty much always free. I got a Diancie for a friend back when X&Y were still fairly new because I happened to be out and he couldn't leave his house. Can just go in and ask them for it and they'll grab a code for you.
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 61 62 63