Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-28 15:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
In this case, I wouldn't be banned because I did not reply to this shitstorm. I properly reported Flavin just like I was supposed to.

That's odd. I report people for what Flavin just did and I am the one that gets banned.. Hmmm.
Poking the mods in the eye doesn't help you at all.

Just saying.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-28 16:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this. Hopefully the new and improved P&R fixes things. It will definitely be different having conversations that don't include things like Flavin just did.

Maybe i'll be able to report obscene behavior without getting banned and have adult conversations. /shrug

The edit thing kinda sucks, but I'll get use to it.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-28 16:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Seen in NYC's central park.

And it's about Trump.
By Titanfoo 2016-03-28 16:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-28 21:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Carson warns GOP of 'absolute destruction' if Trump is denied nomination
Politico

Quote:
If Republican establishment forces conspire to deny Donald Trump the party's nomination, they will risk "absolute destruction" in November, Ben Carson said Monday.

"If there are shenanigans, if it’s not straightforward, all of those millions of people that Donald Trump has brought into the arena are not going to stay there, and the Republicans are going to lose and it’s going to be not only the presidency but it’s gonna be the Senate and it could even be the House," the retired neurosurgeon who endorsed his former opponent earlier this month told "Fox and Friends," adding, "It’s going to be absolute destruction."

Carson then proceeded to mock "the established Republicans, who they say they don’t exist, they say there’s no such thing—yeah, right," suggesting that how they act would demonstrate whether they are "more concerned about maintaining control and their positions, or are they more concerned about America."

"And if they’re more concerned about America, they will not blow up a straightforward process, they will let the will of the people prevail," said Carson, who defended Trump's policies at other points in the interview as well.

Regarding Trump's criticism of the United States' involvement in NATO, Carson remarked, “I think what he says makes perfectly good sense," echoing Trump's comments that the U.S. is "paying the lion's share," disproportionate to other countries' commitment.

He also echoed Trump in discussing what he suggested as the U.S.' failure to use "leverage" to effect change in Cuba at the right time after President Barack Obama's visit last week.

"It doesn’t make any sense because Raúl Castro is 83 or 84 years old," Carson said of the Cuban president, who is 84. "He’s not going to be around for a long time. There’s going to be a regime change. That’s the time when you go in there and you do your negotiations. Then you have some leverage. We’re giving away all of our leverage. We have nothing. It doesn’t make any sense."
 Shiva.Eboneezer
Server: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-03-28 22:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Some kid shoots up a church, we want to ban a flag.

I seem to remember Pleebo being scared of that flag.. It's a good thing it got banned or it was going to go out murdering everyone but white Christians!
We really dodged a bullet.
Shouldn't conservatives have been afraid of the flag? I mean, it was supposedly in honor of a group of people that rose up and tried to overthrow the U.S. government. Isn't that the definition of terrorism that everybody is afraid of? Killing citizens and taking over to do things the way you want it done.

Wait, who invaded who again?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-03-28 23:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on how you define invade. Getting 80miles outside of DC and later getting into Pennsylvania, along with having the best generals of the time, then getting their proverbial *** handed to them by Sherman makes for foggy memories and definitions.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-03-29 01:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump won't win, end of story. Topic closed.
By Ruaumoko 2016-03-29 02:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
Don't bank on it. I think the political elites have made a massive mistake here and Trump has too much groundswell. If he goes up against Clinton he will take her to the cleaners. The political class have woefully underestimated a sizeable contingent of previously dormant voters who finally have a non-establishment candidate to support, and it is going to bite them in the ***.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-03-29 03:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Depends on how you define invade. Getting 80miles outside of DC and later getting into Pennsylvania, along with having the best generals of the time, then getting their proverbial *** handed to them by Sherman makes for foggy memories and definitions.

...um...what? Sherman was nowhere near DC or PA for the two battles where the South tried to invade the North...well after the war had already begun I might add. We were referring to what started the whole thing, which absolutely was the North invading the South to force the seceded states back into the Union...not some "uprising" to overthrow the US Government. It was people coming together in the South to defend against an invasion of their land from the North.

Sorry, I'll try not to derail the thread any further and allow everyone to get back to hating Trump.
[+]
 Shiva.Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-03-29 03:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Don't bank on it. I think the political elites have made a massive mistake here and Trump has too much groundswell. If he goes up against Clinton he will take her to the cleaners. The political class have woefully underestimated a sizeable contingent of previously dormant voters who finally have a non-establishment candidate to support, and it is going to bite them in the ***.

I want to believe that, but I just don't think Trump will survive the media lashing he will receive against Hillary. Hillary gets excused for any and all controversy, but Trump gets blamed for others' actions or has his words twisted in the media every chance they get. Trump is going to have to pick one hell of a VP to stand a chance in this one, and I think it'll only be a slim chance at that. I'm not the biggest fan of Trump, but I absolutely will vote for him over Hillary if/when that time comes. I just don't get how these are the best candidates we can come up with.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-03-29 07:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Such a high level of political discourse do you write for the Huff Post ?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-03-29 08:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eboneezer said: »

...um...what? Sherman was nowhere near DC or PA for the two battles where the South tried to invade the North...well after the war had already begun I might add. We were referring to what started the whole thing, which absolutely was the North invading the South to force the seceded states back into the Union...not some "uprising" to overthrow the US Government. It was people coming together in the South to defend against an invasion of their land from the North.

Sorry, I'll try not to derail the thread any further and allow everyone to get back to hating Trump.

Foggy memories, definitions and inference skills. Remember the war started when the Confederates fired on Fort Sumter. Who invaded who indeed. If you inferred I was implying that Sherman was near DC or Lee's invasion of the North well... This is not to derail but to reinforce the notion that angry people in politics have faulty understandings of history.

Much like the majority of Trump supporters.
By fonewear 2016-03-29 08:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Take the Civil War discussion to the civil war thread...

We Trump supporters don't take kindly to civil war !
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-29 08:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't think Trump will survive the media lashing he will receive against Hillary

That is a completely reasonable position, that has been proven wrong at every turn. I know, because I've had the same one! They barrage him constantly and it just doesn't matter. His base hates and distrusts the media, going full court press on him might even help his cause.

THE TIME TRAVELERS ARE HERE AND THEY'RE POSTING ON FFXIAH

truly a proud day for me and His Scraggness™

I just don't get how these are the best candidates we can come up with.

Years, decades, of the political elite on both sides getting farther and farther away from the average American. Trump is maybe farther away than any of them, but he's doing something the others haven't done, or haven't done to the degree he's willing to; he's telling them their anger is okay, that it's just, that it's righteous. Sanders is riding much the same wave, on the opposite end of the spectrum. Hillary is riding decades of party loyalty and some quarters' desire to make history. I have no explanation for Cruz.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-29 09:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't think Trump will survive the media lashing he will receive against Hillary

it didn't work at all against bush when john traitor kerry ran against him... maybe you weren't around for the whole "people that vote for bush are stupid" Hindenburg of a campaign strategy...

but the hicks got all offended and voted in record numbers...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-29 09:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
And what are the democrats doing? Double downing on that same strategy.

Let's see how that works for them this time.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-29 09:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

let 'em. I'll enjoy watching them bellyache like weenies for eight years....again.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-03-29 10:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-03-29 10:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't it sad that's all they have to do to win? Pretty sad on the republican side when that's the case lol...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-29 10:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

Isn't it sad that's all they have to do to win? Pretty sad on the republican side when that's the case lol...
I hate to break it to you, but dreams don't come real if you believe they will.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-29 10:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

.... Hillary gets excused for any and all controversy, but Trump gets blamed for others' actions or has his words twisted in the media every chance they get....
The media doesn't have to twist Trump's words. Merely reporting them is enough to set the Donald off on an "I'm gonna sue" rant.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-29 10:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
.... Hillary gets excused for any and all controversy, but Trump gets blamed for others' actions or has his words twisted in the media every chance they get....
The media doesn't have to twist Trump's words. Merely reporting them is enough to set the Donald off on an "I'm gonna sue" rant.
Wait, you are saying that the media doesn't twist any politician's words?

What shock!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-29 10:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Pretty sad on the republican side

Wendell Phillips called Lincoln a "first-rate second-rate man".

it takes some people a lot longer to learn than others...
 Shiva.Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-03-30 00:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

But they don't just report them. They cut quotes, or pretend that saying anything about some Mexicans is slamming all hispanics. They constantly push the "racist" issue, but I've yet to see anything racist about Trump. If Canada built a wall to stop Americans from coming over and hunting their moose or something, would they be racist? You want to accuse him of jingoism, go for it. But just flat out calling someone a racist with nothing substantial to back it up? That's pretty pathetic. Maybe someone that loves this country so much more than other countries isn't necessarily a bad thing.
[+]
 Shiva.Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-03-30 00:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Foggy memories, definitions and inference skills. Remember the war started when the Confederates fired on Fort Sumter. Who invaded who indeed. ... This is not to derail but to reinforce the notion that angry people in politics have faulty understandings of history.

Much like the majority of Trump supporters.

Well then if it's on topic, where is Fort Sumter again?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-03-30 00:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

South Carolina.

How many days after secession was it attacked?

Why was the conditional surrender rejected by Jefferson Davis? Davis, who then ordered Beauregard to attack the fort?

Can't exactly call it an invasion by the north since their presence was preexisting. Though you can call it a catalyzing moment that started the war and ultimately the fall of the south.

Point is things aren't black and white or binary as someone else put it. Fact remains there are lot of angry people who don't have an understanding of the cause and effect of history who also support Trump.
By Mesic 2016-03-30 00:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The fear mongering in these debates is ridiculous.

33K people die a year in car accidents. If these people would invest more in road safety and self driving cars we could save more American lives than we ever would spending billions fighting ISIS.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-30 10:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew this would happen but I didn't expect this soon.

Donald Trump Rescinds Pledge to Back Eventual Republican Nominee

"I have been treated very unfairly"

Time

Quote:
Donald Trump, turning his focus to Wisconsin even as another controversy cast a shadow over his campaign, said Tuesday he will no longer honor his pledge to support the eventual Republican presidential nominee. And his two Republican rivals, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Ohio Gov. John Kasich, also refused to say they would support Trump or whoever is the nominee.

Wisconsin’s April 5 primary is shaping up as pivotal in the Republican race. Should Cruz win, it would narrow Trump’s already tight path to the nomination and raise the prospect of a contested convention in July in Cleveland where delegates might turn to other candidates should the real estate mogul fail to win on the first ballot.

All three Republicans appeared separately at a CNN town hall in Milwaukee one week before Wisconsin’s April 5 primary. Both Democratic candidates, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, also campaigned in the Midwestern state.

Trump said he was rescinding his promise to back the Republican nominee because “I have been treated very unfairly.” He listed the Republican National Committee, the Republican Party and the party establishment among those he believes have wronged him.

Kasich and Cruz also refused to say whether they would stand by the pledge.

“If the nominee is somebody I think is really hurting the country, and dividing the country, I can’t stand behind them,” Kasich said. Cruz refused to commit to backing Trump, saying if the billionaire businessman were the nominee it would hand the election to Clinton.

Trump also said he thinks the top roles of the U.S. government include security, health care and education, even though he has called for eliminating the U.S. Department of Education.

Trump arrived in Wisconsin fending off another controversy. His campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, was charged with misdemeanor battery in Florida on Tuesday over an altercation with a female reporter earlier this month, prompting Cruz to accuse the front-runner of fostering a culture of “abusive behavior.”

Trump heads into Wisconsin with 739 delegates to Cruz’s 465. Kasich lags behind with 143. Wisconsin has 42 Republican delegates, with 18 going to the statewide winner and 24 divided among the winners in each of the state’s eight congressional districts

Trump told supporters at a rally that “if we win Wisconsin, it’s pretty much over,” noting his significant delegate lead over both Cruz and Kasich. Trump held the rally in Janesville, Wisconsin, hometown of House Speaker Paul Ryan — who last week called for more civility in politics even as the Republican presidential race grew more personal and nasty.

Cruz, speaking at the town hall, said his focus was on winning the Republican nomination — either by getting the 1,237 delegates necessary by the end of the primary season or capturing it at the Republican National Convention in July.

“We are competing to win,” Cruz said. “We’re not competing to stop Donald Trump. … Donald is not going to be the GOP nominee. We’re going to beat him.”

While Trump dealt with questions about the Lewandowski charges, Cruz picked up support from some of the state’s most influential voices. Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, a former Republican presidential contender, endorsed Cruz Tuesday, saying he believes the Texas senator is best positioned to win the party’s nomination and defeat Clinton.

In an interview on Milwaukee’s WTMJ radio, Walker noted Cruz’s fights in Congress with both Republicans and Democrats. “This is a guy who has been consistent in his positions and, when push comes to shove, will stand up for the people he represents over the interests in Washington,” Walker said.

Also campaigning in Milwaukee was Clinton, who vowed to curb gun violence. Clinton’s campaign forum grew emotional as family members spoke of losing children. The Democratic presidential candidate said she will “keep talking about this throughout this campaign” and will “keep talking about it and acting on it” if she wins the White House.

Clinton also lashed out at Trump over the controversy surrounding his campaign manager, saying that “ultimately the responsibility is Mr. Trump’s.”

Sanders zeroed in on voter identification laws at a town hall in Appleton. Wisconsin’s voter ID law, which went into effect this year, is one of the most restrictive in the country. Supporters say it helps guard against election fraud, but opponents contend it suppresses the votes of young people and minorities who are more likely to lack the required government-issued ID documents.

After sweeping three Western state primaries over the weekend, Sanders is hoping to trim Clinton’s commanding lead in the delegate count and claim momentum with a victory in Wisconsin, but still remains a decided underdog in the battle for the Democratic nomination.

Based on primaries and caucuses to date, Clinton has 1,243 delegates to Sanders’ 975. Including superdelegates, party leaders who are free to support any candidate, Clinton has 1,712 delegates to Sanders’ 1,004, leaving her shy of the 2,383 it takes to win the nomination.
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 216 217 218