Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Your first final fantasy game
Your first final fantasy game
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Striker 2015-06-27 10:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Got this baby in 1994 when I was 5 years old, I've been hooked ever since and it survived my Gamestop trade in phase so I still have it.
 Phoenix.Terasan
Server: Phoenix
user: Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2015-06-27 10:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Rented FF4 way back when Blockbuster was still a thing, borrowed FF6 from a friend soon after... Haven't looked back since :D
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-27 10:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I borrowed the original Final Fantasy game for NES from my friend's dad. I'm pretty sure I was about 7.

Yeah, I'm ancient, so sue me. :D
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2015-06-27 11:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

FFII (SNES) was my first, still love that game to death. Funny story about FF Legend III, my aunt got me FFLII for my birthday one year, brand new, plastic over the box, all papers were for FFLII, game itself was Legend III.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-06-27 11:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I got this game back around 1988 and I still enjoy playing it.
The only good FF game imo... with the exception of ffxi, but ffxi hardly fits the description of an FF game.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-27 11:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »

The only good FF game imo... with the exception of ffxi, but ffxi hardly fits the description of an FF game.

Nintendo Power's Black Mage Challenge!
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-06-27 11:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

I played i through using RDM RDM WHM BLM... I died A LOT
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-27 11:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It was FFVIII.
Since then I've played them all, minus the very first CC(lolgamecube..) and Crisis Core.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-27 11:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My love affair with Red Mage came from the original FF. I was like "they can use swords, heal, AND nuke yay!"

...not much has changed, RDM for life.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-06-27 11:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Its was FF7 and when I first saw bahamunt zero I gasped!
By volkom 2015-06-27 11:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

FF8

and i had no fcking clue what I was doing
By Draylo 2015-06-27 11:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

FF9 I loved it so much and it got me into RPG games. I would go buy new games with my dad and be like, the games with the towns and people you talk to and stuff.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-06-27 11:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
FF8

and i had no fcking clue what I was doing
FF8 also epic Loinsquall ws!
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-06-27 11:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

FF1 was certainly the first I "played" but I was too young to beat it and I think it only supported one saved game so my grandma didn't want to lose hers. Was back around '90 and I was 6 or 7.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-27 11:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

FF5. I couldn't beat it the first time, then took a very long break. Then I resumed, farmed gil and killed the final boss with gil toss spam... fun times. I was too young to think of a proper strategy :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2015-06-27 11:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy was my first one, but didn't play it until probably the mid 90's, and was around 12-13 years old at the time. Still have the NES cartridge as well.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-06-27 12:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

FFVIII.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-06-27 13:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

I played i through using RDM RDM WHM BLM... I died A LOT

RDM RDM RDM RDM was the favorite for me. I also remember beating it WHM WHM BLM BLM.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-27 13:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I was home sick from school one day, and my dad went to the video rental place to get me a video game to help me pass the time. His choices on these occasions were sort of hit-or-miss; sometimes he'd bring home gems (Crystalis!) and sometimes, well... And of course, one of those ended up being FF1. We paid like a week's worth of late fees because I didn't want to send it back, and they finally relented and just bought it for real, as an early birthday present.

Thanks, Dad :)
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-06-27 13:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

like many ppl, my first was ff7. Brother got it from a friend. Was the first time i heard of it. So quite literally life changing'
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-06-27 13:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It was FFVIII.
Since then I've played them all, minus the very first CC(lolgamecube..) and Crisis Core.

crystal Chronicles was actually pretty fun. I played it at a friends house with some ppl. It was quite different to actually have others playing the game with you.
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2015-06-27 13:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

final fantasy 1 went to a friends house for the night on the weekand we picked it up at the video store rental wasn't sure about it but once we started played till passed out lol
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
By Magnus Wolfwood 2015-06-27 13:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

FF8 demo. Thanks, Pizza Hut!
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-27 15:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

My first FF was FFVII. I bought it in 1998 as I was curious about the game my classmate was always talking about. I remember having to choose between FFVII and Breath of Fire III.
I remember loving the sound effects, the songs and the graphics were charming (I have a pretty intense memory of the boss in the canyon). I remember being mind *** by the materia system and not understanding why "Clad" was so edgy.

I remember being blown away by FFVIII not long after when the demo was released in PlayStation Magazine. FFIX is the one that made me love the series, though, as it's the first one that managed to keep me interested until the end.

If only FFVI had been translated back in the days. I had to wait until the release of the PlayStation version to play and more importantly, understand it.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It was FFVIII.
I remember saving money to buy it with the GBA cable and all. Good times, but it didn't age well.

Crisis Core on the other hand is a big classic. I discovered it during summer in 2009 and I spent the whole summer playing it. I cried like a little ***. I really like what they did with the FFVII universe.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2015-06-27 16:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine was final fantasy 6, and the first time I played it I thought it was a racing game. I was like....4 years old, and I used to watch my older brother play it, only thing I remember was the part where you get the choco and it goes into mode 7...

couple years later.... I decided to play the game, because I had beaten mega man x, super mario world, and super metroid (the only other 3 games I owned, my family never baught games when we were little, we would just go to the local video store and rent a game for the weekend for like 2 dollars...) after very young memories of not liking the game when I was 4, decided to play it when I was like 7, and then loved final fantasy since.

YouTube Video Placeholder

I was stuck on this part for about.....2 years. I thought you had to do the input when sabin flashed white for some reason, never figured out the right way until my brother walked in and saw that I had my characters levled up to the point where they had 2.5k hp and did the blitz input for me, I kept leveling in vain thinking that I could kill him before sabin appears.....

I was also stuck on the opera scene with celes for several months........
By fillerbunny9 2015-06-27 16:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

my first game was the original on NES, in that I played it while visiting friends of the family. the first that I owned and completed was II/IV for the SNES. that first year with our SNES was especially meaningful (for me, at least).

despite YEARS of begging, my parents would not buy me an NES. as my grandmother was slipping towards death after a stroke and riddled with cancer despite living overall healthy, my mother mentioned getting an SNES... for my brother. apparently, my grandmother looked at my mother and said that she "couldn't do to (me) because it was all (I) had been asking for for forever." she managed to fight through the christmas holiday until about a week following my birthday before passing at the end of January. as a result, the following christmas there was an SNES under the tree for the both of us, with Zelda for me, and Mario Kart for him. for birthdays within a months time they got him TMNT IV, and me Final Fantasy II. we got almost all of the Square releases for the SNES growing up because those were always what I requested at Christmas, and by the time VII was released I had gotten my first job and was able to finally start supporting my habit myself.

though it was likely an inevitability, my grandmother was instrumental in shaping my late childhood as a gamer despite being gone.
 Fenrir.Reece
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Reece 2015-06-27 17:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

VI, at the time when I got it the game had been out a while and I was young so still didn't understand it.

The first one I really started to understand and play properly was 8 after a friend loaned me theirs.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-27 19:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Still got the magazine, its entirely taped up with scotch tape literally. My cousin and I spent A LOT of time in the hall of Giants and paddling around in that damn canoe.

Pretty much played them all in order of release, 6 is by far my favorite as I've replayed it probably 30 some times. Tactics would be the next best. Every FF game is worth the play through except 13.. Why, SE why! /sadface.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-06-27 19:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

FF8. Wasn't looking to play it. I just happened to be walking around Best Buy a few weeks after its release, and saw the plastic placard they used to use say $4.99. So I picked it up and went to buy. It rang up $49.99, and I had to argue with the cashier, then the assistant store manager. Neither wanted to sell it for $4.99. After 15 minutes, the store manager came up and told them to do that sale, and he went to the shelf and pulled the placard.

After that, I had no F'ing clue what to do, it was the first RPG I had ever played.
[+]
First Page 2