GearSwap - Re-enabled
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Ratie
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: ratie
By Lakshmi.Ratie 2015-06-26 20:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Was dualboxing, one with GS and FFXIDB loaded and the other without. Selecting and using JA's from the menu while not in combat worked fine for both characters, and both crashed the moment I had to choose a target for my JA while in combat.

The JA in question was spectral jig, and I was in La Theine Plateau

Plugins/Addons loaded for both:

HTH

EDIT: looking at my autoload scripts, think I might have listed plugin/addons loaded incorrectly. Gimme a minute x.x
EDIT: Ignore first edit, I did it correct the first time
 Bahamut.Flareon
Server: Bahamut
user: Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2015-06-26 21:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing fine with JAs with GS unloaded, although i crashed once by using Saber Dance before loading it... timers and ffxisb map seem to be suffering from errors too
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-06-26 21:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been crash free for the past 2~ hours with only FFXIDB unloaded. GS & Timers working fine in my case, though my LS mates are having problems with & without those addons/plugins loaded.
 Cerberus.Lasareth
Server: Cerberus
user: lasareth
By Cerberus.Lasareth 2015-06-26 21:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

My game crashes frequently when I attempt any kind of subtargeting on characters using gearswap with mote's includes. On my homebrewed gearswap with no includes, I don't have the issue.

Edit: Never mind, happened with a <st> macro with my own gearswap too.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2015-06-26 21:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Please update when fix, thank you ._.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-06-26 21:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I cannot replicate the crash and it is bedtime. If someone figures out a way to replicate it, please let us know.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-06-26 21:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did it, didn't crash.
 Cerberus.Kengo
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2015-06-26 21:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I cannot replicate the crash and it is bedtime. If someone figures out a way to replicate it, please let us know.

So, anytime our cursor comes up, and overlaps the current target cursor, it crashes. I've just had several people confirm it.

When you get a chance, just open up your weaponskill menu, and manually select your target to do the weaponskill on, and you'll crash.
 Lakshmi.Ratie
By Lakshmi.Ratie 2015-06-26 21:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda, can you confirm gearswap is necessary for your crashes? And that you wont crash without it?
I only ask as mine crashes without gearswap being loaded.

It would be tough to find the bug in gearswap if it ends up being unrelated to it!
 Lakshmi.Kurgan
By Lakshmi.Kurgan 2015-06-26 21:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Any time I cast any spell on a target from the menu it crashes.
 Lakshmi.Ratie
By Lakshmi.Ratie 2015-06-26 21:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kengo said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

So, anytime our cursor comes up, and overlaps the current target cursor, it crashes. I've just had several people confirm it.

When you get a chance, just open up your weaponskill menu, and manually select your target to do the weaponskill on, and you'll crash.

I now agree with this post. I was in Adoulin (so outside of combat), I had an NPC targeted and I crashed when selecting Spectral Jig. Moments before I had successfully used Jig without having a random NPC target.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-06-26 21:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you guys have the text-enlarging thing turned off or on? I have everything loaded and it never crashes me.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-06-26 21:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I crashed from just selecting berserk from the menu, didnt even have time to activate it just instant crash when it would do the blue cursor on my head.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-06-26 21:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Text enlarging is on for me, how do I disable it?

It is in your menu (Misc3?) It's on for me too, though, so it doesn't matter.
 Cerberus.Kengo
By Cerberus.Kengo 2015-06-26 21:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

As soon as I press enter, donesky!

I only have Gearswap loaded by the way.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-06-26 22:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Loaded your file successfully (without the exec) and used the switch target thing, no crash.

I'm on level 99 WHM without THF gear in my inventory, so if you have THF-gear specific logic then it won't work on my account.

Edit: On the upside, I figured out what was wrong with plugin_manager. Someone misspelled "author" in a tag for a new addon and it was breaking the windower/update/addons.xml, which caused an error in plugin_manager because it checks addons.xml to see if an addon has been blacklisted. Anyway, it's all fixed now.

Edit2: Okay, I finally got it to happen by going into Adoulin and engaging a Blanched Mandragora. I spammed change target several times without problem, but when I selected Cure from the menu and tried to tab to Excenmille it crashed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2015-06-26 22:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad I checked this thread, or I might've never figured out what was crashing me. XD I seem to be having the problem with the switch target thing. Was trying to select a WS via the menu and crashing every time; gonna try using the WS with macro now.

Edit: Yep, that prevented the crashing.
 Cerberus.Kengo
By Cerberus.Kengo 2015-06-26 22:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Found it, it works without this line but crashes with it:
Code
include('Mote-TreasureHunter')

And that's deleting everything nearly this is all I had in my lua file:
Code
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Setup functions for this job.  Generally should not be modified.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--[[
    Custom commands:

gs c cycle treasuremode (set on ctrl-= by default): Cycles through the available treasure hunter modes.

Treasure hunter modes:
        None - Will never equip TH gear
        Tag - Will equip TH gear sufficient for initial contact with a mob (either melee, ranged hit, or Aeolian Edge AOE)
        SATA - Will equip TH gear sufficient for initial contact with a mob, and when using SATA
        Fulltime - Will keep TH gear equipped fulltime

--]]

-- Initialization function for this job file.
function get_sets()
    mote_include_version = 2

-- Load and initialize the include file.
    include('Mote-Include.lua')
    include('organizer-lib')
end

-- Setup vars that are user-independent.  state.Buff vars initialized here will automatically be tracked.
function job_setup()
    state.Buff['Sneak Attack'] = buffactive['sneak attack'] or false
    state.Buff['Trick Attack'] = buffactive['trick attack'] or false
    state.Buff['Feint'] = buffactive['feint'] or false

include('Mote-TreasureHunter')

-- For th_action_check():
    -- JA IDs for actions that always have TH: Provoke, Animated Flourish
    info.default_ja_ids = S{35, 204}
    -- Unblinkable JA IDs for actions that always have TH: Quick/Box/Stutter Step, Desperate/Violent Flourish
    info.default_u_ja_ids = S{201, 202, 203, 205, 207}
end

-- User setup functions for this job.  Recommend that these be overridden in a sidecar file.

-- Setup vars that are user-dependent.  Can override this function in a sidecar file.
function user_setup()
end

I'm not sure if that's the issue. I'm using a lua currently that doesn't utilize those sidecar files and still crashes just the same.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-06-26 22:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I bet it's the target change event.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-06-26 22:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is almost certainly the target_change event. If I comment it out in Motenten's Lua, I can't force the switch target crash.

Going to try it now with only eval loaded.
[+]
 Asura.Pintseyes
Server: Asura
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-06-26 22:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed something different, whether this is due to GS or windower, that I'm not sure. I am now able to "start" casting spells on myself while in moghouse. They fizzle out before they land, but prior to today you would always get a error if you attempted to cast on yourself while in moghouse.

Weird SE bug?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-06-26 22:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

GearSwap used to prevent you from doing that. If you're now able to do it then it indicates that our flag for whether or not you're in the mog house isn't being properly updated anymore.