The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 150 151 152
 Asura.Selindrile
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-01-25 07:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

@Verda For what it's worth, I appreciate your sets and work, it's really helping me as I haven't played SMN since the "PD ALL THE THINGS" days and am trying to make it usable again, I don't have much specific feedback as I'm still in the prep stages for a bit but I just want to say your work isn't going unappreciated.
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2017-01-26 11:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't see it posted. I believe this is the best Siphon set.

ItemSet 349173

Zodiac Ring should be better than Stikini Ring +1 as long as the conditions are met.

Keraunos can get Siphon +20
All Telchine can get Siphon +35

EDIT: Telchine pieces are BiS for body and head as long as the augment is at least Siphon +20. Legs and hands need +25. Keraunos needs Siphon +20 to beat out Espiritus with the skill path.
[+]
By Verda 2017-01-26 12:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

bg-wiki lists keraunos as 20 siphon but you can get 25 (mine has it). Otherwise great set :D

Also I think but haven't tested for zodiac ring, it multiplies the day modifier by 3%. So 1.1 becomes 1.133 which if you had say 700 mp siphon would increase 23 mana, but untested. It multiplying the day modifier would be the only reason it should even do anything though. I'll test when I get time to confirm.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2017-01-26 12:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
bg-wiki lists keraunos as 20 siphon but you can get 25 (mine has it). Otherwise great set :D

Also I think but haven't tested for zodiac ring, it multiplies the day modifier by 3%. So 1.1 becomes 1.133 which if you had say 700 mp siphon would increase 23 mana, but untested. It multiplying the day modifier would be the only reason it should even do anything though. I'll test when I get time to confirm.

Papesse or Perg did tests on Zodiac Ring a long time ago. Maybe they could comment on it.
By Verda 2017-01-26 12:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, saves me work :D Their testing didn't seem to make it into bg-wiki or wikia unfortunately.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-01-26 13:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Some equipments grant a % bonus modifier to Elemental Siphon.
Iridal Staff : +5% (weather)
Chatoyant Staff : +10% (weather)
Zodiac Ring : +3% (day except Lightsday and Darksday)
Twilight Cape : +5% (day or weather but it's inferior to Conveyance Cape)

Chatoyant Staff is superior to Keraunos Staff when weather is present but there is a cap of 40% (day and weather included) so wearing Chatoyant Staff during double weather+day is a bad idea because you are already at +38% bonus with Zodiac Ring.
[+]
 Asura.Saithic
user: barakis
By Asura.Saithic 2017-01-27 03:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I've gotten quite a few merlinic pieces from the current event. I'm wondering what I should be shooting for as far as pet related augments on them? I have a pair of shalwar that has BP Damage+8, Mag acc/atk+25 and another Mag atk bonus on it for example. Or my Jubbah that doesn't have BP damage but has Magacc+ 32 and Mag atk bns+ 30 combined.

Basically just wondering what I should shoot for at the moment.
 Carbuncle.Doryll
Server: Carbuncle
user: Smacks
By Carbuncle.Doryll 2017-01-27 04:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you know a way to reobtain a Zodiac Ring ? I tossed it a few years ago... It seems no way to have another one..
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-27 04:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

bg-wiki lists keraunos as 20 siphon but you can get 25 (mine has it)
Their testing didn't seem to make it into bg-wiki or wikia unfortunately.
Do you see the problem here? Anyway I edited The Wiki to show 25 now!

I would of edited "Zodiac Ring" but its clearly told how it works on the page. So I guessing you looked somewhere else?
[+]
By Verda 2017-01-27 14:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Do you see the problem here? Anyway I edited The Wiki to show 25 now!
Hey now I edit the wiki a lot, try having people trying to use things you added to the wiki against you in an argument when they just misunderstood your post that's always fun! :P

Thanks for editing. Putting Keraunos as 25 was on my to do list but never seen this testing to link for zodiac ring. As for the zodiac ring, there was an update to it in november I didn't know about, but I'm not sure you have to use obi to force the day bonus and need to test that, afaik it works like helix's in that day bonus will always apply as well as weather, but willing to be disproven.

Also wasn't a jab at bg-wiki, more that people need to be more fastidious about adding stuff.

Carbuncle.Doryll said: »
Do you know a way to reobtain a Zodiac Ring ? I tossed it a few years ago... It seems no way to have another one..
Try flagging the final quest again by retalking to the NPC, if that doesn't work you can talk to a GM, and if he can't help you then you can post a bug report in the official forums.

Asura.Saithic said: »
Basically just wondering what I should shoot for at the moment.
Fern stone max augs would be bp damage 10, mab/magic acc 30 and INT 10. Getting that on Merlinic tho, or their 50% higher caps with dark matter isn't too likely, I'd shoot for 25-30 mab and 8-10 bp damage.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-01-27 14:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda, is there data on the highest known potential augments for Merlinic (Dark Matter category)?

As I mentioned previously, I personally feel it's best to have the BiS for all sets and since I'm throwing my input in for Garland I figured it would be ideal to have multiple possibilities - including those who win the lottery on DM augments.
By Verda 2017-01-27 14:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Supposedly all DM augments are 50% increase over cap and no restrictions on combinations? My view is to list DM augs in the augments section and note them on a set if it's pretty obtainable (Refresh and TH augments are pretty common, but getting BP dmg 15 and 50 Pet MAB is more equivalent to winning the lottery). While listing Stikini +1 is pretty extreme, I feel it's still obtainable if you really want it enough, it'd cost you a few mythics but you could have one (or two), but damage based DM augs you might go your entire life without seeing the ideal piece or even over normal stone augs combination listed that you wished for. I mean, if you feel differently then please say so, that's just my view.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-01-27 14:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Supposedly all DM augments are 50% increase over cap and no restrictions on combinations? My view is to list DM augs in the augments section and note them on a set if it's pretty obtainable (Refresh and TH augments are pretty common, but getting BP dmg 15 and 50 Pet MAB is more equivalent to winning the lottery). While listing Stikini +1 is pretty extreme, I feel it's still obtainable if you really want it enough, it'd cost you a few mythics but you could have one (or two), but damage based DM augs you might go your entire life without seeing the ideal piece or even over normal stone augs combination listed that you wished for. I mean, if you feel differently then please say so, that's just my view.

Yeah I understand. I think the reason why I'm even considering DM augments as part of Garland of Bliss is because we're at the tail end of a DM campaign. But I almost feel the same way and agree that the current cap for non-DM augments is what counts for the vast majority of us. Anything beyond that is just a bonus (without actual data to use to compare, though).
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-27 17:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey now I edit the wiki a lot, try having people trying to use things you added to the wiki against you in an argument when they just misunderstood your post that's always fun! :P
That sounds fun!

I'm not sure you have to use obi to force the day bonus and need to test that
Unless its different for Ele Siphon it should always give its 3% on the correct day like it does for magic, obi or no obi. Did someone say otherwise?

Also wasn't a jab at bg-wiki, more that people need to be more fastidious about adding stuff.
I didn't take it as jab or anything and I do know you edit. I was just giving you some crap :P
By Verda 2017-01-27 17:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless its different for Ele Siphon it should always give its 3% on the correct day like it does for magic, obi or no obi. Did someone say otherwise?
On the zodiac ring page it speaks of needing the obi, I just don't know if that's correct I don't think you do but haven't tested it to be sure.

I didn't take it as jab or anything and I do know you edit. I was just giving you some crap :P
:P
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-27 17:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

On the zodiac ring page it speaks of needing the obi, I just don't know if that's correct I don't think you do but haven't tested it to be sure.
I think your misreading...

The line under what I underlined tells yout they stack and are additive not multiplicative also because I saw you ask that higher up.

Anyway I tested for you: 438 naked & 450 with zodiac otherwise naked. I did it a few times to make sure I wasn't getting 10% chance bonuses either. Though I should of just subbed /sch and used my all in one obi to negate the bonuses from happening at any chance.
[+]
By Verda 2017-01-27 18:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the test :>

I think we suffered a communication misfire. In the context of the topic of elemental siphon, siphon does not need an obi get the day bonus, or weather. It always gets it like helix does, that's what I meant. In my impromptu testing it held true over 3 tests, which isn't a huge sample, but I've never witnessed it not apply day/weather bonus if your elemental matched the day or weather or both.

I think the only change I'd make to page is to clarify Elemental Siphon doesn't require an obi to proc the day bonus, as it juxtaposed without that clarification leads to misunderstanding. In other words, you don't want obi in your siphon set.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-27 18:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the test :>

I think we suffered a communication misfire. In the context of the topic of elemental siphon, siphon does not need an obi get the day bonus, or weather. It always gets it like helix does, that's what I meant. In my impromptu testing it held true over 3 tests, which isn't a huge sample, but I've never witnessed it not apply day/weather bonus if your elemental matched the day or weather or both.

I think the only change I'd make to page is to clarify Elemental Siphon doesn't require an obi to proc the day bonus, as it juxtaposed without that clarification leads to misunderstanding. In other words, you don't want obi in your siphon set.
I see and yes I concur elemental siphon always gets the bonus.
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2017-01-29 00:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever seen BP dmg? It's the one stat I've yet to see. Most of my friends seem to only recall seeing BP delay augments.

EDIT: Just for clarity I am referring to dark matter augments.
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2017-01-29 01:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone is willing to add it to the wiki I did a test on Siphon sometime last year about how much MP is taken from the Spirit.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46440/the-6th-ministrys-secret-a-summoners-guide-v2/9/#2930576

I'm pretty bad with that stuff, otherwise I'd do it myself.
By FaeQueenCory 2017-01-29 06:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

That's interesting. As it seems to imply the day/weather bonus is added at the amount of MP drained stage in the equation.
E.g. FLOOR(MP*day/weather)*ƒSkill = MP restored

I'm mad (not really) that you didn't say how much it dropped when not matching. (Though if it was 20% matching the day, then it should be a (20/1.1)% baseline MP removed.)
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-01-29 10:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Alistrianna said: »

Has anyone ever seen BP dmg? It's the one stat I've yet to see. Most of my friends seem to only recall seeing BP delay augments.

EDIT: Just for clarity I am referring to dark matter augments.
I've seen multiple BP damage +15
SE has a sick sense of humour and they've all been on odyssean body, herculean gloves, and so forth.
 Asura.Eanae
user: raitoken
By Asura.Eanae 2017-01-29 11:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So quick question, what are the pieces of Relic gear that are usable and need to be reforged. From my understanding is for AF gear only the head/body need reforging to 119, for Af3 all 5 are needed. How about Relic? I see pieces with smn skill and other stats but with all the new gear that has come out I'm sure that there are superior pieces for some of these items in other slots or just are obsolete with gifts. I would like to save money towards nirvana than upgrade a piece that I won't ever use. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?
[+]
By Verda 2017-01-29 13:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends what stage of SMN you are at, for a beginner smn it's the best source of BP Delay reduction II on the body and feet though if making the feet is worth the BP Delay reduction II -1 to you is your call.

For endgame smn that has everything you only use the horn for astral flow duration, and the legs if you like using the light spirit ever to get shell V protect V, it lessens the time between casting.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-01 16:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the bonuses for Ifrit's/Shiva's/Ramuh's Favor known for max skill/AF3 119/550 JP? The BGWiki page for Avatar's Favor does not currently list values for those favors at that tier.

edit: Additionally, how confident are we in these values? I glanced through a couple of the citations; at least one test was conducted using uncapped DA rather than a binary test that attempts to establish when one drops below 100% DA/critrate. That implies a measure of uncertainty, which calls into question the results and notably the claims that Ifrit's and Ramuh's Favor do not scale at certain tiers (which already seems questionable, especially since the lack of scaling occurs at different points for each respective favor).
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-02-01 16:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have weatherspoon ring and can test it with garland of bliss? Obi + weather works but I just want to make sure weatherspoon works before I consider trading in my current ring (99% sure it does). I'm still working on my GoB set but I have it hitting around 10k on fodder mobs with weather and around 12k with weather + shiva's favor.
By Verda 2017-02-01 17:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Are the bonuses for Ifrit's/Shiva's/Ramuh's Favor known for max skill/AF3 119/550 JP? The BGWiki page for Avatar's Favor does not currently list values for those favors at that tier.

edit: Additionally, how confident are we in these values? I glanced through a couple of the citations; at least one test was conducted using uncapped DA rather than a binary test that attempts to establish when one drops below 100% DA/critrate. That implies a measure of uncertainty, which calls into question the results and notably the claims that Ifrit's and Ramuh's Favor do not scale at certain tiers (which already seems questionable, especially since the lack of scaling occurs at different points for each respective favor).

We discussed it last page actually here is Papesse's post:
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Carbuncle : 28 HP (+1)
Diabolos : 8 MP (+1)
Titan : 102 DEF (+5)
Garuda : 40 EVA (+3)
Shiva : 42 MAB (+3)
Ramuh : 24% Critical Hit Rate (+1%)
Cait Sith : 28 MDB (+2)

No new favor tier at 645 skill. 575 seems to be the cap and the next tiers could be only reachable with gift/horn.

He didn't do Ifrit though.
By Verda 2017-02-01 17:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Anyone have weatherspoon ring and can test it with garland of bliss? Obi + weather works but I just want to make sure weatherspoon works before I consider trading in my current ring (99% sure it does). I'm still working on my GoB set but I have it hitting around 10k on fodder mobs with weather and around 12k with weather + shiva's favor.

I don't have a great set for garland or nuking really either but tested changing nq fenrir for weatherspoon, tp doesn't matter since tp doesn't add damage:

7276 damage with fenrir nq in reisenjima on a mosquito
8846 damage with weatherspoon, same mosquito

So ya works :D first resist state is 1/2 so that's all it could really be.
[+]
 Odin.Warusha
Server: Odin
user: Serithus
By Odin.Warusha 2017-02-01 17:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What's your set right now?
 Odin.Warusha
Server: Odin
user: Serithus
By Odin.Warusha 2017-02-01 17:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
What's your set?
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 150 151 152