Sony hax'd again
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-15 13:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ye olde news but for those not in the know, Sony got their servers picked clean by hackers who then proceeded to release it all for us wonderful people to analyze and go over.

Isn't that great? No, it's not. Considering this is the second time Sony has got owned this hard. Entire movies, personal correspondence, personal information and confirmation that everyone alive and/or dead hates Adam Sandler movies. Even the people peddling that ***.

http://www.vox.com/2014/12/14/7387945/sony-hack-explained

Part of me is concerned that nothing is private, even off the cuff remarks that aren't meant to be parsed by the public but the other half of me relishes the ability to see what goes on in positions of power in all its unfiltered glory.

Condensed list of important bits via BG

Quote:
Sony is considering giving Spider-Man back to Marvel

The Russo brothers will direct the Avengers 3 & 4
Steve Jobs film was a cluster ***, *Bonus* Angelina Jolie is a "Spoiled Brat" with a "Rampaging Spoiled Ego"

Detailed financial data including a gender pay discrepancy

"Annie," "Fury," "Still Alice," "Mr. Turner," and "To Write Love on Her Arms" have been leaked

Seth Rogen ($8.4M) made more money than James Franco ($6.5M) for The Interview, *Bonus* Kevin Federline was paid $5,000 for a cameo.

Even the employees think Adam Sandler films are terrible.

Some film stars have aliases that they use to do "normal people things"
Tom Hanks - Johnny Madrid
Tobey Maguire - Neil Deep
Jessica Alba - Cash Money
Natalie Portman - Lauren Brown
Rob Schneider - Nazzo Good
Ice Cube - Darius Stone
Debra Messing - Ava Harper
Daniel Craig - Olwen Williams
Jude Law - Mr. Perry
Clive Owen - Robert Fenton

Steven Spielberg is campaigning for a Hillary Clinton 2016 Presidential bid

Spike Lee is developing "School Daze Too." Drake will star as PE*NIS and Kevin Hart will be DAT *** JIGGA

Star Wars 8 & 9 will revolve around Luke & Leia

Jennifer Lawrence signs her emails as "peanutbutt" and Brad Pitt signs his as "B P McWee"
Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone, Melissa McCarthy, Lizzy Kaplan, and Amy Schumer are up for roles in the Ghostbusters reboot

George Clooney is developing a film based on the Rupert Murdoch UK phone hacking scandal called "Hack Attack"

The hackers routed the information through proxy servers located in Poland, Italy, Cyprus, Bolivia, Singapore, Thailand, & the United States

Amy Pascal (Sony co-chairperson) & Scott Rudin (movie producer) joked about movies they think Obama would like to finance

Rudin "would he like to finance some movies."
Pascal "I doubt it. Should I ask him if he liked DJANGO?"
Rudin "12 Years."
Pascal "Or the butler, or think like a man?"
Rudin "Ride-along. I bet he likes Kevin Hart."

Bond 24, "Spectre," is still having the script reworked even though filming has already begun

The MPAA, Universal, Sony, Fox, Paramount, Warner Bros., and Disney are developing a plan to take on Google called "Project Goliath." The plan focuses on forcing Google to block sites hosting "infringing content" from customers of "major ISP's."

The following films from 2013 made a profit beyond their budgets, as of April 2014:

This Is the End ($50M Profit, Budget $32M)
Grown Ups 2 ($48M, $80M)
Captain Phillips ($39M, $55M)
American Hustle ($27M, $40M)
One Direction: This Is Us ($18M, $10M)
Elysium ($18M, $115M)
The Monuments Men ($10M, $70M)

Sony was able to convince Kevin James to lower his budget for "Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2" from $50M to $38M and Adam Sandler to lower his budget for "Pixels" from $135M to $110M

Sony wanted to limit Mark Cuban's salary to $30k per episode of Shark Tank ($30k for S5, $31.2K for S6, & 32.4 for S7) and his co-star Kevin O'Leary would also make $30K per episode. Sony also wanted the rights to his catchphrases, including "nicknames, gestures, utterances, etc." Mark shot them down for being an insult to him. To compare, ABC pays Chris Harrison (The Bachelor) $50K per hour and Bruno Tonioli (Dancing With the Stars) $30K per hour and have shows within the same time frame.

Sony fired Charles Sipkins (their former PR head) because Amy Pascal's husband, Bernie Weinraub, suggested it.

Jennifer Lawrence & Amy Adams were paid less than their male co-stars in "American Hustle." The breakdown was Cooper: 9%; Bale: 9%; Renner: 9%; Lawrence: 7%; Adams: 7%
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-12-15 13:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I thought Happy Gilmore and Big Daddy were both funny.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-15 13:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

And you've all pointed out his best, the Waterboy is missing though.

Now try and recall his worst and there are many.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-12-15 13:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sony has so many issues.

They have supposedly tried using DDoS attacks on websites hosting the information because the DCMA's, lawyer letters, and the bogus torrents they seeded aren't working to their satisfaction.

However, very interesting information came out from the last hack including:
Leaked Emails Reveal MPAA Plans To Pay Elected Officials To Attack Google
Quote:
Here's the Verge's summary of a key email (which the Verge doesn't even seem to realize why it's so damning):

May 8, 2014: Fabrizio to group. "We’ve had success to date in motivating the AGs; however as they approach the CID phase, the AGs will need greater levels of legal support." He outlines two options, ranging from $585,000 to $1.175 million, which includes legal support for AGs (through Jenner) and optional investigation and analysis of ("ammunition / evidence against") Goliath. Both options include at least $85,000 for communication (e.g. "Respond to / rebut Goliath's public advocacy, amplify negative Goliath news, [and] seed media stories based on investigation and AG actions.").
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-12-15 13:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone, Melissa McCarthy, Lizzy Kaplan, and Amy Schumer are up for roles in the Ghostbusters reboot

You have my attention.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-15 13:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I never understand the animosity towards Sony anyway.

What gives?
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-12-15 13:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

What gives?
A lot of people are not big fans of MPAA/RIAA and Sony funds them, heavily.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-15 14:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Grown ups 2 made $48 million according to your post so lots of people must still like them.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-12-15 14:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

"Annie," "Fury," "Still Alice," "Mr. Turner," and "To Write Love on Her Arms" have been leaked

I'll never understand why movie studios will blow tens of millions of dollars (or more) to make movies, and then store them on networked drives. Because nothing could go wrong, right? Oh wait.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-15 14:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

And since when does profitability equal a good movie? The comments are directly citing that Sandler movies have become tired retreads.

This is a fact.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-15 14:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

What gives?
Do you really blame them for funding anti-piracy initiatives in today's age of online piracy?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-15 14:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd have thought a man like KN would sing the praises of say, a Steam, who directly challenges piracy through convenience and incentives rather than throwing bags of money to put up regulations and lopsided punishments.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-15 14:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

And since when does profitability equal a good movie? The comments are directly citing that Sandler movies have become tired retreads.
Define good then. I mean it's a sequal that continued to remain profitable meaning, in general, that people enjoyed the first enough to want to come out again and see the next installment.

I mean we can argue about the subjective nature of defining what a good movie is but yea...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-15 14:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Define good then. I mean it's a sequal that continued to remain profitable meaning, in general, that people enjoyed the first enough to want to come out again and see the next installment.

I mean we can argue about the subjective nature of defining what a good movie is but yea...

People in the industry aren't going to call a Sandler outing good as it's mediocre crap for the masses. Arrogant? Perhaps. Tired retreads have been a thing for a while now and objectively the movies aren't very good.

We're not holding up a Grown Ups 2 to the likes of a 2001, Ben Hur or Silence of the Lambs anytime soon and for good reason.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-15 14:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd have thought a man like KN would sing the praises of say, a Steam, who directly challenges piracy through convenience and incentives rather than throwing bags of money to put up regulations and lopsided punishments.
I can see both sides of the argument and choose not to place myself on either side to be honest.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-12-15 14:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some other good ones in there. I think Longest Yard and Click were pretty good, wanna say there was one more but I forgot what it was. I'll admit though he's had some really bad ones, and he's going downhill, which is sad. In my childhood he was one of the people who made me laugh out my ***, now... now for the most part I avoid his movies to avoid disappointment. Kinda heartbroken there's so much bad associated with him now when he used to have so much that was good.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-12-15 14:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What gives?
Do you really blame them for funding anti-piracy initiatives in today's age of online piracy?
It's how they go about it that's a problem.

They are litigating instead of innovating.

They spend more money trying to hold onto the "glory days" (including extensive lobbying) instead of adapting to new business models. Corporatism.

A few examples
The "work made for hire" controversy
RIAA lied mischaracterizes letter in court case
Felten, et al., v. RIAA, et al.
StorageTek v. Custom Hardware
DMCA
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-15 17:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What gives?
It's how they go about it that's a problem.

They are litigating instead of innovating.

They spend more money trying to hold onto the "glory days" (including extensive lobbying) instead of adapting to new business models. Corporatism.

A few examples
The "work made for hire" controversy
RIAA lied mischaracterizes letter in court case
Felten, et al., v. RIAA, et al.
StorageTek v. Custom Hardware
DMCA
I'm not condoning the actions, I'm just stating an observation.
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Yatenkou
By Cecilia Charl 2014-12-15 18:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

People can get butthurt all they want, the end o

You said it was gonna be a touchdown pass you crazy *** hole.
By Bloodrose 2014-12-15 19:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the movie "Funny People" - Seth Rogen, Adam Sandler, was pretty good. It wasn't their typical comedy, and was a more serious movie.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-12-15 19:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

the MPAA/RIAA are complete jerkasses.

I look forward to their inevitable demise.

Edit: That is to say, I appreciate actors, directors, musicians, producers, writers, and all the people who work on sets and in studios and on stages to make art happen.

The people who get even bigger paychecks on the shoulders of the people creating the art and doing the work?

Piss on them.

The guy who sets up the craft services table is worth more than the corporate *** who makes snide comments in e-mails making seven figures.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-16 02:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Messing with my *** PSN. Stop it.
By Wordspoken 2014-12-16 08:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

One website pointed out that hack attacks are also criticism against poor security. I'm going to go with that.
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-12-16 08:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny, though how other Japanese corporations (that might also have security issues) are not being attacked relentlessly like all branches of business SONY have are. Probably that has to do with them being "***" with the way they go around their business ?

I don't remember hearing about anyone trying to hack Mitsubishi or Matsushita (Panasonic) businesses.

So it's likely SONY is being a target mostly for it's "predatory" business tendencies.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2014-12-16 13:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Who is Seth Rogen ?
By fonewear 2014-12-16 14:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh the curly haired Jewish guy. Yea I don't know/watch any of his films.

I take pride in my complete ignorance of any recent movies made. Or popular music.

*puts on old man suit*
By fonewear 2014-12-16 14:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

As for Adam Sandler he hasn't been relevant since Happy Gilmore.
First Page 2