All For One, And More For Me: A Guide To Red Mage

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » All for One, and More for Me: A Guide to Red Mage
All for One, and More for Me: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 28 29 30
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-08 13:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be noted that like melee's, once in a while, you're going to miss an enfeeble, and you can just cast it again. On VD stuff, you're going to get resisted a fair amount, that doesn't mean "I got resisted, no reason to try again". Keep casting, especially if you have nothing else to do for a bit or get an immunobreak message. Even if you don't get "resisted" on high end stuff, you're likely getting reduced duration at least some of the time, anyway.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-08 15:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
It's not too big a deal; I'm nice to everyone lol

</3
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-08 15:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

My set is more or less equal to yours, actually imbodla neck is superior to weike and hagondes+1 with macc+23 or higher is superior to lurid
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-12-14 19:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Do uk'uxkaj boots and sayon effect distract potency?

edited for dumb scotts
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-14 19:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Uk'uxkaj boots Add 6% to all Enfeebling Type Magic (Potency not duration).

I have no idea what Sayron is so....
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2014-12-14 19:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11088/estq-sayon-2
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-14 19:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah sorry my bad, yes that affects it lol!

Thought a new item just called Sayron.... not Sayon! Learn to Spell Maeldiar
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-14 20:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I find the concessions needed to use ux'kaj and sayon are basically a tradeoff on high end stuff, and especially when using saboteur, it's often better to use higher accuracy pieces.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-12-14 21:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

not if i use elemental seal! besides if the stuff you're using the boots and body for (potency spells) doesn't land just recast it, its not as vital as landing sleep the first time. And i'd use seal with sabo to not waste the job ability.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-14 22:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
not if i use elemental seal! besides if the stuff you're using the boots and body for (potency spells) doesn't land just recast it, its not as vital as landing sleep the first time. And i'd use seal with sabo to not waste the job ability.

I generally reserve ES, assuming I'm /BLM, for Impact, but to each their own. I will always try to cast in a potency set before resorting to an accuracy set, personally, but I find myself using accuracy gear more often than not on high end stuff.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-14 22:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »

I generally reserve ES, assuming I'm /BLM, for Impact, but to each their own. I will always try to cast in a potency set before resorting to an accuracy set, personally, but I find myself using accuracy gear more often than not on high end stuff.

Very true but we have a SCH in what Maeldiar is thinking who does Impact~ obv when we dont have SCH yeah but it's about if I have X here, does this work in theory.

Lets not shoot stuff down because it rarely happens.

I'd rather be prepared and not need it then die.

In the thing's we do, a GEO helps massively with Macc issues, I'd trade off a few macc for a chance of a Huge Bonus to my front line (extra 35 acc?) and then if it fails, resort to just landing a gimp version.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-14 22:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I rarely see SCH used at all these days, and obviously a GEO COULD do impact. I can usually spare the 666MP easier than any other mage sans SCH. In any case, a serious RDM should have both Ux'kaj boots and Sayon +2 and use them whenever possible, but don't waste a lot of time/mp or a precious JA if you can't afford the loss in Macc.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-12-17 06:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I only use /blm in incursion, all the other event, i always come as /SCH (delve AA, BCNM etc).

/SCH offer a so huge boost to macc when you want nuke, still a good option.
[+]
By Boshi 2014-12-23 09:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If I was mainhanding Mandau what would be my best offhand option?
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-12-23 10:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

ES+Impact doesn't last for 3min on Gramsk it seems, only did it 3x yesterday and all 3x it seemed to last about 30-45 seconds or so. Could be he has such a monumental meva that even ES doesn't work or he has some kind of resistance to it, idk.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-23 10:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
ES+Impact doesn't last for 3min on Gramsk it seems, only did it 3x yesterday and all 3x it seemed to last about 30-45 seconds or so. Could be he has such a monumental meva that even ES doesn't work or he has some kind of resistance to it, idk.

It's entirely possible that he has a fixed resistance to the effect.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2014-12-23 12:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

My ES Impacts on 133 Gramk last for three minutes. I however drop it on him, before I swap Languor (for sleeping him) with something more useful for DDs. He has no "fixed resistance" to Impact at up to 133.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-23 12:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
My ES Impacts on 133 Gramk lasts for three minutes. I however drop it on him, before I swap Languor (for sleeping him) with something more useful for DDs. He has no "fixed resistance" to Impact at up to 133.

Geo + Rdm = awesome.

The sheer amount of resistance on some of the higher-tier content isn't so bad when you recall that pre-Adoulin, everything was immune to whatever it was you wanted to throw on it.

At least now we have a snowball's chance.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-23 12:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
My ES Impacts on 133 Gramk lasts for three minutes. I however drop it on him, before I swap Languor (for sleeping him) with something more useful for DDs. He has no "fixed resistance" to Impact at up to 133.

Geo + Rdm = awesome.

The sheer amount of resistance on some of the higher-tier content isn't so bad when you recall that pre-Adoulin, everything was immune to whatever it was you wanted to throw on it.

At least now we have a snowball's chance.

Landing enfeebles in Delve before ilvl was an art, but damn it was satisfying after having spent days building ToM staves and seeing those spells land.
[+]
By Boshi 2014-12-24 13:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking more along the lines of higher level content
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-24 15:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
I was thinking more along the lines of higher level content

Well, unless you're exploiting some kind of piercing weakness or massive crit buffs, you're probably better off using a sword in mainhand thanks to Savage and CDC being more competitive than Evisceration or Mercy Stroke, but for offhand, the Garuda dagger or Vanir Knife are both decent for 119+ targets, as well as the lower delay 119 swords like Arendsi.
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2014-12-25 11:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the effects of Est. Sayon +2, Uk'uxkaj Boots and Viti. Chapeau all stack? A ls mate said they don't, just want a confirmation since they're all different potency.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-25 11:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume since you included chapeau you mean dia 3, in which case he's partially correct, there is a max dia level and those pieces don't affect it. If talking about other enfeebles, namely slow 2, they're wrong, all potency effects stack up to the cap for a particular effect. However, chapeau only extends duration, sayon +2 and ux'kaj increase the potency.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-25 11:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Frazzle seems like a chore to land on gramsk compared to all other enfeebles like distract or slow.wondering if thats just me.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-25 12:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Frazzle is dark elemental, given its resistance to impact, it would make sense.
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2014-12-25 12:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the same problem, but it also happens w/ dispel and blind II, I gotta use it like 5-6 times before they land. Dispel gets straight up resisted, but blind gets inmunobreaks, my guess is he has a slight resistance to dark based spells, minus sleep, that one always lands. I have no problem with all other spells whatsoever. No GEO buffs for for -macc eva/+macc though :(, maybe that'd be fix the issue!
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-12-25 12:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Inuyushi said: »
Do the effects of Est. Sayon +2, Uk'uxkaj Boots and Viti. Chapeau all stack? A ls mate said they don't, just want a confirmation since they're all different potency.

I'm not sure why you are including relic hat(or any augmented relic piece for that matter) in the same conversation with Uk'uxkaj Feet and Estoqueur's Sayon +2. They don't so the same thing. The augments on the relic pieces only enhance the duration of the spell, not the potency. The latter two pieces are the ones that affect potency.
 Valefor.Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-12-27 16:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
My ES Impacts on 133 Gramk last for three minutes. I however drop it on him, before I swap Languor (for sleeping him) with something more useful for DDs. He has no "fixed resistance" to Impact at up to 133.

ES+Impact duration: ~1:30

I think Insidious Adherent may be responsible because all of my Frazzles said "No Effect" which means he had some kind of undispellable M.eva boost from it. That may cut debuff duration in half perhaps?
 Valefor.Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-12-27 17:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This one had Steadfast/Brawny Adherent, frazzle was able to stick easily, so no crazy m.eva buff from adherents.

Duration is still 1:30 with ES in 129.

=Edit: Been casting all along with nuke stats like mdmg and MAB, i changed my gearswap to use full m.acc from now on, going to see if that will affect it.

=Edit2: Added in over 120 m.acc to set, still resists to 1:30 in 129. Did 8 ES+Impacts in 129 over 3 runs, all 1:30.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 28 29 30