Cop Sued, Preached Jesus During Traffic Stop

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Cop sued, preached Jesus during traffic stop
Cop sued, preached Jesus during traffic stop
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-05 13:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
If you can't figure out why it's wrong for a law enforcement officer to proselytize during a routine traffic stop then you lack a fundamental understanding of civil liberties.

I do not find nothing wrong with a person communicating to me. if you have not realized we have been proselytized from the cradle and most likely to our graves and not just about faith. Our indoctrination to many beliefs effect almost every aspect of our daily lives even if you do not believe it. It effects the foods we eat the medicine we take the laws being created as well.

Yet it takes this newspaper printing something irrelevant not life threatening and definitely not violating a civil liberty talking to a traffic violator and avoid posting real things that matter. Are you proposing speech be outlawed and be illegal? If so i could recommend some countries you might like to live in like North Korea, Iran, China,Russia. Places where belief and unpopular speech can mean a long time in prison or death.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-05 13:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You've already been informed that the officer does not have free speech in that instance, and the ladies' civil liberties were infringed, hence why she's suing.

You confuse being indoctrinated with being educated, and it comes as no surprise as very few religious persons can comprehend the difference, if they did then they really wouldn't be religious anymore.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-05 13:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The speeding ticket is not the issue. If she was going fast enough to get a go fast award, so be it.

I personally would be rather pissed if the trooper who pulled me over decided to tell me of the glories of the church of his choice while he laboriously scribbled out my summons.

There's a time and a place for that stuff. The side of the road while giving out a citation isn't it.

If it had been me, I would have politely told the officer that I was not interested and went from there.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-05 13:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

you do know proselytize does not mean just religion right? Indoctrinated and being educated follow a similar understanding you Learn in both instances. Clearly the officer can talk though or he can not do his job. There is many opinions on this matter the overall case is really outrageous. I hope that lady finds someone who loves her for who she is it just seems like to me she hates that someone cares about her, even if they have the ability to write a speeding ticket.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-05 13:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
The speeding ticket is not the issue. If she was going fast enough to get a go fast award, so be it.

I personally would be rather pissed if the trooper who pulled me over decided to tell me of the glories of the church of his choice while he laboriously scribbled out my summons.

There's a time and a place for that stuff. The side of the road while giving out a citation isn't it.

If it had been me, I would have politely told the officer that I was not interested and went from there.

agreed that would of been the right thing to say seekerstar. Perhaps this lady just had a lot of hate in her heart ?
By Jetackuu 2014-12-05 13:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
you do know proselytize does not mean just religion right? Indoctrinated and being educated follow a similar understanding you Learn in both instances. Clearly the officer can talk though or he can not do his job. There is many opinions on this matter the overall case is really outrageous. I hope that lady finds someone who loves her for who she is it just seems like to me she hates that someone cares about her, even if they have the ability to write a speeding ticket.
wrong.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-05 13:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

How ? the definition of both says being taught which requires communication of some form.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-05 13:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

How ? the definition of both says being taught which requires communication of some form.

You confuse learn with being brainwashed, they are not one in the same. Let's just leave it at the one requires reasoning and facts, the other does not. edit: even if the "facts" are later proven wrong.

RIP Pluto!
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-05 13:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

agreed that would of been the right thing to say seekerstar. Perhaps this lady just had a lot of hate in her heart ?

Or maybe she was just aggravated by a cop preaching to her instead of doing his assigned job of giving her a citation and walking away.

Do note that I am NOT siding with our preaching cop in any way, shape, form, or fashion.

From what I have read on this thread, Lordgrim, you are either trolling hard or are one of those people I avoid as they stand outside walmart with Chick tracts in hand.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-05 14:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

No not trolling just talking about a different view point on the matter.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-05 14:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

You confuse learn with being brainwashed, they are not one in the same. Let's just leave it at the one requires reasoning and facts, the other does not. edit: even if the "facts" are later proven wrong.

RIP Pluto!

see we was brainwashed to believe it was a planet i wonder what else? lol very good point jetackuu i forgot about that dismissal of Pluto.
By Ramyrez 2014-12-05 14:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can't figure out why it's wrong for a law enforcement officer to proselytize during a routine traffic stop then you lack a fundamental understanding of civil liberties.

I do not find nothing wrong with a person communicating to me. if you have not realized we have been proselytized from the cradle and most likely to our graves and not just about faith. Our indoctrination to many beliefs effect almost every aspect of our daily lives even if you do not believe it. It effects the foods we eat the medicine we take the laws being created as well.

Yet it takes this newspaper printing something irrelevant not life threatening and definitely not violating a civil liberty talking to a traffic violator and avoid posting real things that matter. Are you proposing speech be outlawed and be illegal? If so i could recommend some countries you might like to live in like North Korea, Iran, China,Russia. Places where belief and unpopular speech can mean a long time in prison or death.

It is a clear abuse of power. Not the most egregious example to be sure, and the kind that I would personally let go because it's not worth my time or patience trying to make anything of it, but minor or not, it is an abuse of power trying to force your religious beliefs into a secular situation where they have no place.

Again, you have no clue how civil liberties work or even what they are, it seems. You seem to think that "freedom of speech" extends to using your (secular, in theory at least) government-granted authority to entrap someone under one pretense, and then push your personal beliefs upon them while you've got them held up under the guise of a traffic stop.

Get lost, Holy tRoller.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-05 14:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Difference between science and religion is science if found to be wrong will actually look into becoming right
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-12-05 14:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

RIP Pluto!

see we was brainwashed to believe it was a planet i wonder what else? lol very good point jetackuu i forgot about that dismissal of Pluto.

It wasn't brainwashing. Upon exploring and discovering more our our own solar system and the universe in general, a more accurate definition for "planet" was reached and Pluto simply did not meet that definition. Pluto is the same as it's ever been. Our perception of it simply became clearer.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-05 14:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a clear abuse of power. Not the most egregious example to be sure, and the kind that I would personally let go because it's not worth my time or patience trying to make anything of it, but minor or not, it is an abuse of power trying to force your religious beliefs into a secular situation where they have no place.

Again, you have no clue how civil liberties work or even what they are, it seems. You seem to think that "freedom of speech" extends to using your (secular, in theory at least) government-granted authority to entrap someone under one pretense, and then push your personal beliefs upon them while you've got them held up under the pretense of a traffic stop.

Get lost, Holy tRoller.

lmao holy troller that is messed uo lol !!!!! but know this , even though i am being completely serious i still have respect for each and everyone of you. Because you got good taste in a great game and excellent community forum website.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-05 14:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Brainwashing is generally understood to be intensive indoctrination on a particular subject with clearly defined consequences should the desired path be deviated from.

That sounds more like most modern religion than the treatment of the former planet Pluto.

Please get your terminology straight. Thank you <3
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-05 14:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i am sure some would disagree, public schooling and private and collages you pay for do the same thing. Hell even common commercials repetitively being shown to you over and over and over does to a effect. Because products are selling and companies are making a lot of money.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-12-05 14:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Brainwashing is generally understood to be intensive indoctrination on a particular subject with clearly defined consequences should the desired path be deviated from.

inb4 global warming segue
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-05 14:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Nope, not here <3
By Jetackuu 2014-12-05 15:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i am sure some would disagree, public schooling and private and collages you pay for do the same thing. Hell even common commercials repetitively being shown to you over and over and over does to a effect. Because products are selling and companies are making a lot of money.
Like I said: you do not understand the differences between education and indoctrination, nor do I expect you to.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-12-05 19:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-12-05 19:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Did I miss my Que?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-05 19:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

¿Qué?
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-12-05 19:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
¿Qué?

You're right on queue with the whole "spelling" on the internet. Just need Jassik in here with his browsers grammar program and we'd be set.
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-12-05 19:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

He missed his cue due to waiting in the queue.

[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-05 19:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Queue

Why did you wake me from my slumber?
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-12-05 22:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Queue, cue....

Part of my personal theology: My god can put JUST the right spin on a cosmic cue ball and watch as his grand plan unfolds.

This view also makes the creationist's god look so small and limited.

It does not imply that we are the endpoint of his creation.
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-12-05 22:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik