Windows 10??

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Windows 10??
Windows 10??
By Jetackuu 2014-10-09 02:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

meh.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-09 04:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Katharyn said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
As long as they bring back the Start Menu, I'm happy.

The start menu is there, it's just now a blend of win7 and 8 styles, but can be adjusted to some degree.

I've only used it a few times so far, and my only gripe thus far is the lack of Aero. The whole desktop just comes off so plain and flat, it could use some life from Aero or other such visual enhancements.

I need to fiddle with it some more and determine program compatibility rates.
Are you talking about Windows 8.1 or Threshold (Windows 10) now?
Because Aero is not present on Windows 8 (it can be with some tricks, never tried them though) but I thought they were bringing Aero back in Windows 10? Or at least something compareable?

And I agree, I really love Aero in Windows 7 and it's one of the (many) reasons why I didn't jump to Windows 8.
Not the main one I suppose, but still one of them.
 Shiva.Katharyn
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Katharyn 2014-10-09 11:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Are you talking about Windows 8.1 or Threshold (Windows 10) now?
Because Aero is not present on Windows 8 (it can be with some tricks, never tried them though) but I thought they were bringing Aero back in Windows 10? Or at least something compareable?

And I agree, I really love Aero in Windows 7 and it's one of the (many) reasons why I didn't jump to Windows 8.
Not the main one I suppose, but still one of them.

I'm talking about windows 10 now (specifically the technical preview available)

I'm hoping as they progress the tech preview and into the consumer preview, features will be added to give it a more Aero like look, or least some sort of visual enhancement to make things less flat. It reallllly needs it. Otherwise the interface is really smooth and easy to use. (At least on typical desktop mode)

Maybe this weekend I'll put some time into exploring 10 some more, and get some games installed to fiddle with program compatibility, see if it's up to par with 7, because i heard 8 was pretty awful with it, and for me that's a big thing, because some of my games are pretty old.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-10-09 13:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps it is because it's all flat and plain but the windows open and close exceptionally fast.