October Job Adjustments
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 10:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to start a debate of "This DD is better than that DD" because in all honesty, the real answer is the player, not the job.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 10:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Creecreelo said: »
Really nice to see skill increases for many jobs; however, the DD mage in me is definitely disappointed lol

Was just hoping for a dagger increase on Brd (B- to B+), a sword increase on Rdm (B to A-), and perhaps staff increases for Smn, Blm, and Sch (up to B+ probably). Now that I look at them, is there even an A- skill rating? Seems like there's only jumps from B+ to A.

Oh well, isn't a big deal at all anyways.

If red mage got a sword increase and corsair didn't get anything, I may have had a serious meltdown.
Murgleis AM3 dps outparses most blus! If only i didnt have to do all that sleeping and stunning work in incursion!

In-game application is completely moot. It's the principle of the thing.
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-09-30 10:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I don't want to start a debate of "This DD is better than that DD" because in all honesty, the real answer is the player, not the job.

The WHM
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-30 10:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Really nice to see skill increases for many jobs; however, the DD mage in me is definitely disappointed lol

Was just hoping for a dagger increase on Brd (B- to B+), a sword increase on Rdm (B to A-), and perhaps staff increases for Smn, Blm, and Sch (up to B+ probably). Now that I look at them, is there even an A- skill rating? Seems like there's only jumps from B+ to A.

Oh well, isn't a big deal at all anyways.

If red mage got a sword increase and corsair didn't get anything, I may have had a serious meltdown.
Murgleis AM3 dps outparses most blus! If only i didnt have to do all that sleeping and stunning work in incursion!

i know, just having a bit of a giggle at all of this.
SE just doesn't know how to balance COR, they're afraid of making it so strong that it counts as a ranger and a bard in 1 party slot of something.
[+]
By Highwynd 2014-09-30 10:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

War is only more powerful than sam or mnk under their SPs or with mythic. War has higher base damage and higher base wa damage than SAM but when you add in sc damage, tp bonus, overwhelm, sam damage sinply trounces. In short , war's damage is higher before you factor in all the extra crap sam gets that augments their ws damage. War wouldnt need a haste but like something akin to overwhelm or tp bonus traits and maybe a higher boost to gaxe weapon skills. War should be pushing better ws numbers than sam because its silly for sam to be the best tp gain job, the best ws job, the best sc job. One or two of those max, war should have highest ws potency while sam has the best ws frequency. It just makes more sense that way, and 5% attack on berserk is a nice cherry but its not going to change much. They shoulda added 2% haste on top of it per every 10 levels or 2% ws damage.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-30 10:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That kind of is the problem with Cor.
[+]
By Goltana101 2014-09-30 10:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Really nice to see skill increases for many jobs; however, the DD mage in me is definitely disappointed lol Was just hoping for a dagger increase on Brd (B- to B+), a sword increase on Rdm (B to A-), and perhaps staff increases for Smn, Blm, and Sch (up to B+ probably). Now that I look at them, is there even an A- skill rating? Seems like there's only jumps from B+ to A. Oh well, isn't a big deal at all anyways.
i know, just having a bit of a giggle at all of this. SE just doesn't know how to balance COR, they're afraid of making it so strong that it counts as a ranger and a bard in 1 party slot of something.

This is the REAL reason. Its also the same reason why they are extremely skeptical about giving GEO too much flexibility with Indicolure and Geomancy, the reasons Luopans still die relatively fast, and the reason why Our Elemental magic doesn't match what SCHs and BLMs can pump out. They want to distinguish the differences, but its still crappy. Cors shoot stuff.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 10:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
That kind of is the problem with COR/DRG/DRK (somewhat).
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-30 10:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

and when its not just the player its sam. lets face it, given 3 days to gear a noob or returning player, which job is going to do the most damage in the shortest time. SAM. mnk is a close second. war, drk, drg, etc all need some special weapon or gear that takes time.

sam is a sin curve on dps, quick to start then slows down until you get to the end where it jumps up again. the others are a very slow up hill battle to get any decent amount of dps out of them.
[+]
 Shiva.Karichan
Server: Shiva
user: Kari
By Shiva.Karichan 2014-09-30 10:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Really wish that the DNC change would be more like the NIN one. Give us an ability that gives our auto-attacks a chance to add a Step. Would be a neat way to get past JA delay and still put debuffs/gain FMs. But either way, at least capping debuffs won't take years now. Just means JA delay city, though.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-30 11:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who thinks War is in a good place right now is insane.

Also if that Indi spell thing allows for 3 bubbles, the *** is SE thinking.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 11:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Non-Conqueror WARs, I agree with you.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-30 11:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

When a job requires mythic to remain competitive with a Delve 1.0 drop I think that's kind of a red flag.
[+]
By Fasaga 2014-09-30 11:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Berserk needs like job haste. 30% + merits and JP augments are nice but war is kind of slow compared to mnks and sams.
That's the issue with having a super powerful, but slower delay weapons.

But capped haste? WAR is more powerful than SAMs and MNKs, especially those who are 5 hit WARs with Conqueror.
At capped haste with standard brd+geo buffs according the the spreadsheets a Qalgwer war is ~32% behind a tsumaru sam, and ~18% behind a tinhhaspa mnk. As far as mythics are concerned, conq is ~24% behind koga, and ~8% behind a glazfaust. It should be noted that conq is also ~9% tsumaru. I have a Conqueror, I have a 5-hit, that doesn't change the fact that I can still change to samurai, equip a tsumaru and out damage myself. I don't mind that warrior is weaker dps wise than sam, I was really hoping for the job adjustment to be some sort of warcry/bloodrage duration buff rather than straight damage. It should also be noted that as far as zergs go, in a 30 second zerg sam can still outparse a SP1/2 war because of the high amount of WS frequency from sekka>fudo x2> 2Hr > meditate > fudo x4-8.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-30 11:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
koga sam can 4 step light forever with am3 and buffs, sup?
Any Sam can 4 step light forever when properly buffed.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-09-30 11:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Non-Conqueror WARs, I agree with you.

Well, that's what matters, right? Koga SAM might be miles ahead of everybody in the game right now but Tsuru SAM is still very, very strong.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-30 11:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
Quote:
koga sam can 4 step light forever with am3 and buffs, sup?
Any Sam can 4 step light forever when properly buffed.
srs?
Yes?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-30 11:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
When a job requires mythic to remain competitive with a Delve 1.0 drop I think that's kind of a red flag.

I fear that the gap between mythic and non mythic dd will be a lot bigger if they don't do something about it, we might not get a tsurumaru on next ilvl :(
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-09-30 11:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

k.

With Haste + double March, SAM can reliably self-SC without JAs other than Zanhasso, yeah.

ccl said:
I fear that the gap between mythic and non mythic dd will be a lot bigger if they don't do something about it, we might not get a tsurumaru on next ilvl :(

I would not mind seeing the mythic requirements reduced to the point where making one can seriously be considered mandatory for endgame content. Maybe, like, cut all the different currencies to a third of what they are now.

Before everybody huffs and struts around in their big boy pants on me, a major reason the game's so easy right now is that mythics are so powerful, but not attainable enough to balance content around.
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-09-30 11:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fasaga said: »
Months of waiting for something to equalize War with mnk/Sam and they give us a 5% increase to berserk. What game are they playing?

They mentioned developing a new system for Warrior, I highly doubt this is it.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-09-30 11:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tsurumaru is just a really well-apportioned weapon. Your statement is true for samurai too. Only Koga really beats Tsurumaru. Amano and Masamune do not.

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
k.

With Haste + double March, SAM can reliably self-SC without JAs other than Zanhasso, yeah.

ccl said:

I would not mind seeing the mythic requirements reduced to the point where making one can seriously be considered mandatory for endgame content. Maybe, like, cut all the different currencies to a third of what they are now.

Before everybody huffs and struts around in their big boy pants on me, a major reason the game's so easy right now is that mythics are so powerful, but not attainable enough to balance content around.

They kind of did this by letting a lot of Salvage cheaters get 30k worth of alex in a week or two of farming. There are a lot of new mythics. Sadly most of them belong to cheaters.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-30 11:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the current mythic dynamic for Sam is pretty good right now, mythic is obviously better but not by an overwhelming amount over Tsurumaru. On the other hand a War with a Minos is going to be absolutely horrible compared to a Conqueuer war.
By Heimdel 2014-09-30 11:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Leveling throwing isn't too bad, mine is still pretty low but I've been casually levelling it by using any excuse to throw my boomerang on thf, if I actually tried to skill it up I'd just bring out the moogle trust and have a /ra script on a reive.

Play something else and keep peeking over to see that the reive is still up/I'm not dead, job done.
Moogle? chocobo is the dd skill up one.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-30 11:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

k.

ccl said:

I'd support alex requirements dropping only if backline/light dd jobs get a discount, cause the game doesn't need anymore mythic heavy dd. The kogawagon is too strong.
I want a Nagi but i'm so tired of farming :(
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 11:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

Tsurumaru is just a really well-apportioned weapon. Your statement is true for samurai too. Only Koga really beats Tsurumaru. Amano and Masamune do not.

k.

ccl said:

They kind of did this by letting a lot of Salvage cheaters get 30k worth of alex in a week or two of farming. There are a lot of new mythics. Sadly most of them belong to cheaters.

And given the teeny-tiny smack on the wrist they got for their cheating, those of us who didn't cheat feel kinda shitty for not being done by now. -.-;
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-30 11:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

k.

ccl said:

No....just no. Remember pre-SoA when empy was a requirement to play the job so everyone and their mother live in abyssea for years? Players shouldn't be forced to go back and farm ToAU just to do endgame. Mythic should be a bonus and an option to spend time and money for ppl with too much time/gil, it should never be a requirement for every endgame player.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-09-30 11:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Yes but I think it's kind of overstated. The Save TP's great, yeah, but in practice most SAM gear has so much STP on it that getting 25 TP back on a WS wouldn't involve changing much. I'd WS in the Relic body rather than Phorcys. IMO Amano and Masamune are problematic due to the delay, which is just something particular to those weapons.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13