Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 110 111 112
 Carbuncle.Legato
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-10-02 23:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah we are in the exact same predicament as

DRKs WARs
When we compare ourselves to SAMs

Mnks can of course
V Smite > V. Smite for Light
But they can't self Skillchain as easily as 2 hander jobs (barring Glanzfaust)

These all falls back to SE needing to re balance rather than buff individual jobs.

In the end though, all of us do our part to take down the monster lol so I guess when you look at it like that.

No harm no foul.
By Highwynd 2014-10-03 00:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they'll release new SoA weapon skills and we'll get a good single hig damage varies with TP one, highest ftp ws I think we have is impulse drive i think but thats a 2 hitter. Something akin to torcleaver/steel cyclone/fudo would be nice. 300% star is fine and all but still nothing compared to those few ws that have like 9-12Ftps at 300%
[+]
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-10-03 00:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I never thought of that, them releasing new SoA Weaponskills...

Unless they plan on making mobs like radically stronger (133+ content type of strong) and these new Weaponskills have a new Level 4 SC property lol

I just don't see them doing it.

Something me and my friend were talking about

Ramuh Favor can reach iirc 24% crit hit rate and now that summoners won't be penalized for using their Favor anymore, they seem like such a great addition to a Melee party (if no BRD and GEO and if they finally release Hastega II)
By Highwynd 2014-10-03 00:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but Favor takes a few min to charge up to max potency and it's reset after each bloodpact, also if the avatar dies or is dismissed, the Favor is removed and resets. They said they're removing the penalty that avatars get during favor which was i think they got bp damage nerf and attack/acc nerf. But i dont think they're removing the slow charge time of favor to reach highest tier or the fact that using a bp resets it.
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-10-03 00:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Highwynd said: »
Yeah but Favor takes a few min to charge up to max potency and it's reset after each bloodpact, also if the avatar dies or is dismissed, the Favor is removed and resets. They said they're removing the penalty that avatars get during favor which was i think they got bp damage nerf and attack/acc nerf. But i dont think they're removing the slow charge time of favor to reach highest tier or the fact that using a bp resets it.

Awww I was shooting for the stars lol that seems really silly to give such a great and potent buff but force the SMN to restrict themselves to idle play to utilize it.

In situations where we receive crit rate buffs over 15% drakes becomes on par or better than sd in most situations.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-03 03:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Since geo pretty much make chaos roll irrelevant, rogues roll!
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-10-03 03:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Since geo pretty much make chaos roll irrelevant, rogues roll!

They're both equivalent are they not?

Lucky 11 is 46% (56% with a DRK in party)

Indi Fury is 46% also?

Yeah seems like Rogue roll / Sam would be best :D depending on members and set up.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-03 03:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

For incursion I'd prolly aim for:

pt1:
sam
drg
cor/thf (sam/rogue)
brd (marchX2/min/mad)
geo (att/acc)(I'm not sure of geo value between acc/eva- and att+def-)
whm
pt2
sch
sch or rdm(I'd prefer rdm till macc become an issue I guess)
geo

could prolly make the brd or one of the geo /thf and cor/dnc melee+step
edit: by irrelevant I meant we should use different roll now if we bring a cor since geo + dia II/angon/step should be enough to cap our attack on pretty much anything
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-10-03 04:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
For incursion I'd prolly aim for:

pt1:
sam
drg
cor/thf (sam/rogue)
brd (marchX2/min/mad)
geo (att/acc)(I'm not sure of geo value between acc/eva- and att+def-)
whm
pt2
sch
sch or rdm(I'd prefer rdm till macc become an issue I guess)
geo

could prolly make the brd or one of the geo /thf and cor/dnc melee+step
edit: by irrelevant I meant we should use different roll now if we bring a cor since geo + dia II/angon/step should be enough to cap our attack on pretty much anything

Do you and your SAM partner "attempt" to time spamming your WS's for darkness? Since its only 2 of you?

Just wondering out of curiosity.

Whenever we did 133 content we almost always went in 4 DD instead of 2.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-03 04:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

We just spam ws; this setup can do all nm+boss if you have warp on 128(might have been 129), I don't have much experience with higher than 129 atm so idk
By Highwynd 2014-10-03 09:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like things die faster when a SAM is keeping up with me and I'm closing darkness off of his Fudo, doing 4-5 stardiver closed darkness skillchains kills most NMs because the skillchains are doing 8-11k themselves, but I roll with 2 DD. When i brought a 3rd dd, things seemed to die slower because skillchains were interrupted. Also i think geo's defense down is probably better for damage than attack up due to how defense formula works , so usually just go with march, madrigalx2, minuet, chaos roll, geo's def down and geo m.eva down). For last roll we've been playing around with allied roll/tacticians/Samurais roll but its kind of a wash, at capped delay we're already getting so much overflow and because we close eachother's skillchains like 90% of the time, allied roll seemingly is the most logical solution to us for now since a large amount of our damage is coming from SC and that roll could potentially add thousands to our 2 step skillchains. Feels like it got to the point where extra tp gain is moot only because i'm hitting >100% again during my stardiver animation and due to just lag or mob moving about or frequent knockback, i'm almost always wsing with excess tp like 130+. Try allied roll out in practice with a sam and stardiver after all their fudos in a lowman group and things do drop a lot faster. If you and the other dds have similar tp gain try to sc if you can, i know star makes darkness with fudo and camlann makes light with fudo and camlanns makes light with upheaval.

Also as an aside, its more or a novelty but it's extremely fun to camlann>jump>drakesbane for light, >jump> use camlann again for double light, wyvern magic bursts breath , deep breathing> >smiting breath, wyvern double magic bursts for 1k breath. :)

When they boost pet accuracy, i figure wyverns would need about 950-1050 accuracy to be able to hit decently in 128 content. Compared to other pets, wyverns are easily the most accurate(wyvern acc at 119 with parameter boost is like 840-50 i think) and most tests show bst pets and autos to be 730-780. If they give wyverns 5acc per level above 100, we'll be in business. Also even if they never add high tier mochi moving forward, when they finally release empy body reforged, our wyverns will benefit from sushi again!
[+]
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-10-03 09:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

about what content level do you have to start eating sushi? Been getting away with meat so far but haven't done anything over 126 yet, and been mostly 18 man PUGs where attack usually isn't capped
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-10-03 10:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shaggnix said: »
about what content level do you have to start eating sushi? Been getting away with meat so far but haven't done anything over 126 yet, and been mostly 18 man PUGs where attack usually isn't capped

From 128 & till 134
I've only seen DDs use Riverfin in my Static that I go with.
So I'm guessing from that point on is when it's needed.

Allied Roll is cool never thought of it before, thought of using it that is.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-10-03 10:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I can eat meat up to like 127 but at 128 even with Sushi, some of the Adherents con High Evasion(with sushi!!!)

I can make Riverfin soup on my 110 cooking mule but its such an expensive synth and chicken bones are annoying to excavate.
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-10-03 10:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

on odin your better off buying the soup. Fins are 150k and the soup is 200k. You spend time/effort into gathering ingredients and at best save yourself 30k (probably less). Theres always a bunch on ah too, it pretty much just a skillup synth now rather than any kind of money maker.
By Highwynd 2014-10-03 14:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

A much more annoying synth than magma steak. People farm tonil for plasm not dakuwaqa, so finding fins is a pain. This could be mitigated if they added those food ingredients to wor as an extra drop because fins and meats seldom go on sale in the AH. Also i dunno but i would rarely ever consume a 170-200k food even if its 3-5hours, chances are you'll die and lose it unless you're careful and rarely are events longer than 1-2 hours. Unless we can split it into buns or soup bowls.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-05 20:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Spirit Surge
Quote:
Your HP will increase by 25%.

Your STR will increase by (1 + level/5).

Your Accuracy will increase by 50.

Your Wvyern's TP will be transferred to you.

You gain 25% Attack & Defense.

You gain 25% Job Ability Haste for melee attacks.

-Jump timers are reset to 0 regardless of their remaining recast.

-HP increased by 25% of your Wyvern's Max HP(before any bonuses from gear)

-Your HP is restored by the Wyvern's current remaining HP at the time of JA activation.

-Jumps' accuracy are increased to 100%. They won't miss unless the target has shadows.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-10-05 21:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
-Jumps' accuracy are increased to 100%. They won't miss unless the target has shadows.
Note that "Jumps" in this case, is Jump and High jump only.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-05 22:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

True enough, though would be awkward to use those during spirit surge. I guess if you were tanking, you'd use soul jump so you dont lose tp but how often is that? Wish they included new jumps into ryuno bonuses(crit damage/further attack or tp bonus) but they say they balance the REM for the time they were created and dont change them to adapt to new scenarios( instead create new weapons for that). I guess it promotes new weapon/ws usage instead of just having 1 to rule them all. Still though, i wouldnt mind a reevaluation of all REM's to rebalance them not just a global +stat and delay/dmg update like they lazily did for 119. More sort of along the lines of the mage REM updates , particularly Nirvana and Claustrum.
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-10-05 23:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

so reading thru the guide there should be more sets while under Spirit Surge for TP and Jumps. with and without mythic.

since 100 acc on jump should just use stp or ?

also on that note

any plans to expand on section 7.4?

i dont see any reason to spent time or money on gungnir and aways ways from mythic. so til then i think it would be important
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-10-06 18:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So, for the Kuakuakeit, what would be the best second augment?
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-10-06 19:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
so reading thru the guide there should be more sets while under Spirit Surge for TP and Jumps. with and without mythic.

since 100 acc on jump should just use stp or ?

also on that note

any plans to expand on section 7.4?

i dont see any reason to spent time or money on gungnir and aways ways from mythic. so til then i think it would be important

Spirit surge isn't heavily utilized outside of Zerg situations like Stellar Fulcrum Etc. In that case the amount of STP that are in the jump sets are quite sufficient I would say for spirit surge.

Expanding on section 7.4? What would you like added?

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
So, for the Kuakuakeit, what would be the best second augment?

I would say it's up to the player, I see many people get Acc on their Polearm. Really depends on what type of content you plan on using that particular weapon on, because if it's strictly 119 and below content the +Accuracy may not be doing much for you.
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-10-06 19:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Spirit Surge
Quote:
Your HP will increase by 25%.

Your STR will increase by (1 + level/5).

Your Accuracy will increase by 50.

Your Wvyern's TP will be transferred to you.

You gain 25% Attack & Defense.

You gain 25% Job Ability Haste for melee attacks.

-Jump timers are reset to 0 regardless of their remaining recast.

-HP increased by 25% of your Wyvern's Max HP(before any bonuses from gear)

-Your HP is restored by the Wyvern's current remaining HP at the time of JA activation.

Thank you.

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Note that "Jumps" in this case, is Jump and High jump only.

I'll be adding both of your clarifications into the blurb later this week.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-07 06:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Wyvern Acc postpatch with lv5 parameter boost is 939. Not bad. Considering my Wyvern was parsing ~48% accuracy in Incursion with 840 accuracy, he should be capped until the higher tiers now.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-08 00:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Floestone drops from shiva and seems to be the only halfway decent item from this patch besides the polearm. That fork has 275 base damage which is quite monstrous. Probably beats Upukirex, having 9 damage over it(but 5 less acc and no str or crit).

Floestone is like a Thew Bomblet+1 having Str+3 Int+5 and Attack+10, so beats Thew Bomblet by 1 str and 2 attack, not earth shattering but something to strive for i guess.

There's a +4stp earring which may open up new options for other slots but someone will have to crunch the numbers. Stand to lose a good amount of DA, but could beat brutal during AM3 i guess. Also the new feet likely only give jump tp to old jump and not spirit or soul, may be good for nq jump and nq high jump but dunno if its better than using huginn tbh? Everything else is meh, equip-wise. As soon as SE released empy reforged, drg stands to gain huge boons(though relatively speaking so do most jobs),but lancer body was god tier during the abyssea era and still is quite good (has comparable stats vs 119 bodies even without stat vomit.
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-10-08 01:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I believe wyvern's have the highest accuracy potential amongst pets in the game due to them being able to receive masters buffs!
This is great to hear, now if they can stop being breath locked Lol
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-09 13:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Gorney Sollerets should be better than Pteroslaver+1 Greaves for Stardiver midacc.

Gorney has +1STR -1DEX +2acc +2att over Pteroslaver+1.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-11 09:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm at work and cant spreadsheet right now but i'm dying to know how much wsd% we need -if any- for an augmented updraft mantle to overtake bisquick mantle for stardiver? Assumig the wsd only affects the first hit, i'm not convinced it beats the 8str, though the att/acc is huge and most drgs arent capping acc in their ws in high level incursion(i'm only like 84% using sole+1 and the midacc set from the first page with madrigal).
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-10-11 10:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm at work and cant spreadsheet right now but i'm dying to know how much wsd% we need -if any- for an augmented updraft mantle to overtake bisquick mantle for stardiver? Assumig the wsd only affects the first hit, i'm not convinced it beats the 8str, though the att/acc is huge and most drgs arent capping acc in their ws in high level incursion(i'm only like 84% using sole+1 and the midacc set from the first page with madrigal).
I did a quick check awhile back. Quick meaning I only checked under one set of conditions. (Acc capped, high buffs, but atk uncapped, tojil as target.)

But anyway. And Updraft mantle with 3 str/3 wsd dmg or 1 str, 4 wsdmg, would beat buquwik for stardiver.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-10-11 10:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, also, there's a report from byrth over on BG. Ostro greaves' jump TP bonus do NOT work on spirit/soul jump. Which isn't surprising, but is disappointing.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 110 111 112