California Debates 'yes Means Yes' Sex Assault Law

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law
California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 35 36 37
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-01 14:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
You can't fault a 10-year for being incapable of handling a situation like this, but you can't pretend that they didn't have a way out either. The belief that they have no responsibility and no way out is what lets this kind of thing last for years.

You can be in the right all you want about your behavior after you get raped, it's not going to undo the rape. Police aren't omnipotent, and until the day they are, you are the primary person in charge of your own safety.

Every statement in that post is an accurate representation of facts. It's not pretty, it's not something I expected anyone to agree with, but it's accurate. If you don't take responsibility for your own safety, don't be upset when nobody else does.

I knew you'd do it and one lunch break later you did.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-01 14:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Rape is about violent control, the sex is a means to an end.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-01 14:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
So what you're saying is that the slaves could have just run away?
Didn't many slaves in fact run away?
Aaaand... respect lost.

Let's stick with the status quo.

If you can infer so much from my asking of a question, then your respect isn't really worth that much Blood.

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Do they put violently GHB in drinks? Rape doesn't have to be violent, just without consent.
Many would argue that poisoning someone with GHB is a violent act.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-01 14:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So if I pass out during sex does my wife get a reduced sentence due to partial consent?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-01 14:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, real question here. How many women have ever been convicted of raping a man?
By Bloodrose 2014-10-01 14:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Bloodrose said: »
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
.....do not quote book definitions at me.

Please. That insults my intelligence, and the intelligences of others, when you know damned well I was referring to intent, not dictionary definition.

The intent is to have sex. The action is to have sex. The crime is that it's not consensual.
You idiot.

The intent is to display power, force, and desire to instill fear and violate someone physically through physical force. The action used to violate someone physically happens to be through sexual intercourse.

Try talking to sex abuse counselors police, and other experts, who deal with the victims and the rapists.

Sex is a complex thing. I wouldn't define all rapes that way. Some of them, if not a lot of them, yes.
I read once that on the opposite spectrum of rapists, some men cannot achieve an erection if they feel the other side is not consenting. How is this relevant? state of mind, power and control can be sexual. Rape psycho analysis isn't my specialty. but I do know enough about psychology in general to say for certain not all rape is about power.
Sex isn't really all that complicated. It's the subtle nuances and such that surrounds it, and the topic in general.

Even though the US uses a culture of "Sexy" to sell products (I prefer the Gaelic term, "glamour") to people insecure about their self-image, none of it really condones the idea that because a woman took the time to spruce herself up and look ready to get it on, that that's what she's actually looking for.

Most of the time, female fashion products are made entirely for women (besides the obvious) in the way that the product is used to compete with, and against, other women, rather than to attract men. It generally serves as a status indicator as to what they can afford, the type of men they can attract, where what kind of class they are in economically.
By Bloodrose 2014-10-01 14:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Do they put violently GHB in drinks? Rape doesn't have to be violent, just without consent.
And the intent to have non-consensual sex is still there. Which is what rape is.

Rape is classified as a violent sexual crime for a reason - it involves the violent act of physically and sexually violating someone.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-01 14:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get why you have any problem with this law then Nausi... Sure the person making the false accusation is a total *** but you're to blame for putting yourself in the situation in the first place.
By Blazed1979 2014-10-01 14:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, real question here. How many women have ever been convicted of raping a man?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/black-widow-woman-who-drugged-raped-ten-men/story-e6freuy9-1225737488169?nk=c47e9e7f67fb8d5cba2812ce9e35b543

Biggest highlight.

Quote:
At present, the police know about ten of Valeria’s victims, although one of them refused to file a complaint against her.

“It was great,” the unnamed man said.

“I like hot women. I only wish she hadn't use the clonidine on me.”
Those lucky ***!

I'm also done with this thread. Girls don't drink yourselves stupid. Guys, if you don't want to be a potential rapist, wait till the morning when she's sober, fix her some coffee, ask her to have a shower and get the vomit our of her hair, then ask her if she wants to have sex and sign a consent form. That is of course if your dumb enough to go to night clubs expecting to meet someone who is going to be sober. Otherwise, if you want to meet a woman that is never going to cause you problems, introduce yourself to your right hand - true romance.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-01 14:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Love how it says the police were shocked lol had a man done the same it would have read "scumbag rapes 10 women and should be lit on fire"
By Bloodrose 2014-10-01 14:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Love how it says the police were shocked lol had a man done the same it would have read "scumbag rapes 10 women and should be lit on fire"
before or after being brutally castrated?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-01 14:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

During castration by blowtorch of course
By Bloodrose 2014-10-01 14:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

During castration by blowtorch of course
There's actually something far more brutal than a blow torch.

Look up Elastration.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-01 14:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I don't get why you have any problem with this law then Nausi... Sure the person making the false accusation is a total *** but you're to blame for putting yourself in the situation in the first place.

Again, putting words in my mouth. What is it with you guys, its like you live in a world where if the victim is slightly responsible for what they do, it must mean the rapist isn't responsible for what they do one bit. Not quite sure why it has to be so black or white, is the victim card like the star in super mario?

As for my problem with the law it represents an increased risk for me when I go out have a few drinks and try and hook up with someone.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-01 14:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really scared of fire though
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-01 14:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

In our society it's impossible for women to commit violent crimes because they're innocent and pure compared to us violent sociopathic rape machine men. It's also why men can't be raped by women, because they're incapable of overpowering men. Unless you're not really a man afterall...

Women could never hack a man to pieces, put him in a bag and devour him piece by piece to dispose of the evidence nope... no sir...
By Blazed1979 2014-10-01 14:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/black-widow-woman-who-drugged-raped-ten-men/story-e6freuy9-1225737488169?nk=c47e9e7f67fb8d5cba2812ce9e35b543

Biggest highlight.

Quote:
At present, the police know about ten of Valeria’s victims, although one of them refused to file a complaint against her.

“It was great,” the unnamed man said.

“I like hot women. I only wish she hadn't use the clonidine on me.”
Those lucky ***!

In mother russia, women rapes you and victims likes it.

Embrace me in your big voluptuous bosoms mother russia!
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-01 14:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asi

In our society it's impossible for women to commit violent crimes because they're innocent and pure compared to us violent sociopathic rape machine men. It's also why men can't be raped by women, because they're incapable of overpowering men. Unless you're not really a man afterall...

Women could never hack a man to pieces, put him in a bag and devour him piece by piece to dispose of the evidence nope... no sir...
Replace the eating with placed in a vat of acid and that happened 7 houses down from me lol
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-01 14:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asi

Replace the eating with placed in a vat of acid and that happened 7 houses down from me lol

a women can rape a 10 year old boy.~ it happens

source
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-01 15:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread has been rapetastic and helped my work day progress
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-01 15:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't count, minors aren't men.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-10-01 15:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

Again, putting words in my mouth. What is it with you guys, its like you live in a world where if the victim is slightly responsible for what they do, it must mean the rapist isn't responsible for what they do one bit. Not quite sure why it has to be so black or white, is the victim card like the star in super mario?

As for my problem with the law it represents an increased risk for me when I go out have a few drinks and try and hook up with someone.
Woah woah woah.
You argue that a rape victim shouldn't have put themselves in that situation, and should have some responsibility for it?

And you seem to think that someone who is falsely accused of rape is not at fault for putting themselves in that position, and shoudn't have any responsibility for it?

By volkom 2014-10-01 15:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

k
Quote:
240lb Seattle woman 'broke into man's apartment pinned him down and raped him while he slept'
source
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-10-01 15:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

While he slept? That's impressive.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-01 15:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
And you seem to think that someone who is falsely accused of rape is not at fault for putting themselves in that position, and shoudn't have any responsibility for it?

Sure I'll bite. I certainly am responsible for who I choose to pursue at a club. False accusers do exist. That doesn't change that they're still falsely accusing me of rape (just like being raped doesn't negate what the rapist did).

Not sure what your point is?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-01 15:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

k
Quote:
240lb Seattle woman 'broke into man's apartment pinned him down and raped him while he slept'
source

Look I appreciate the anecdotal evidence, as well as the horrifically - yet humorous circumstances, but I really asking for broader statistics. Does it happen on an form that resembles the rate of men raping women?
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 35 36 37