California Debates 'yes Means Yes' Sex Assault Law

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law
California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 35 36 37
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-01 12:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Then again as I've said for as long as I can remember humans are scum and no law will ever fix that
By Ramyrez 2014-10-01 12:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
I don't fear for myself but for my son, now if he did rape someone there wouldn't be a trial as he would cease to live

Finally, a parent correcting a child's bad behavior!

(you don't see that much these days)

Then again as I've said for as long as I can remember humans are scum and no law will ever fix that

I generally refuse to believe that the bad apples of the race can define us or hold us back indefinitely, no matter how hard they try, nor can the temporary setbacks they inflict upon us from time to time stop progress completely.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-01 12:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't fear for myself but for my son, now if he did rape someone there wouldn't be a trial as he would cease to live

As a taxpayer you bring warm joy to my heart.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-01 12:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are all the people who are supposed to chime in and tell me that discipline is bad
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-01 12:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i think its good
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-01 12:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm tired of men trying to make it seem like they can't control their urges to rape because you're horny. Guess what champ? So is every man until around 65 where your prostate backstabs you and your penis goes on strike.

Like all emotions, we demand in society levels of self-control. Sometimes I get really mad when some *** cuts me off in traffic. I may even imagine dragging this asswipe and throwing him off the elevated freeway while I smile as he hits the ground but that's a fantasy. A fantasy held in check by self-control.

If you think the way to get laid is to force yourself on someone, you're not a man, you're an uncaged animal. Or a dolphin.

As for women? Here's a protip: They aren't all vindictive and looking to ruin your life. Might want to stop frequenting all those truck stop hookers looking to disease your *** for 20 bucks.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-01 12:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
If you dress like a ***, get drugged, and get raped, you aren't in any way responsible.

Yeah, those high end red cars are begging to be stolen. I mean, if you didn't want it stolen why would you get it in red? Catches the eye of everyone and there is no one to blame but the person who bought the car. Because seriously it's pretty, just sitting there with the motor purring, tantalizing those car thieves.

These are some of the stupidest arguments I've seen on AH, and frankly, that is saying something.
I'm not entirely sure your point, since you ignored the other half of my post and are responding to something I didn't say.

To elaborate, I am not saying female dress code should be any mitigating factor for rape, nor am I implying it's the cause.

I am saying that a drunk woman shouldn't have an instant out(especially one so damaging to the victim) for bad choices she made while under the influence of something she willingly consumed.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-01 12:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are all the people who are supposed to chime in and tell me that discipline is bad
Pleebo and Jet haven't seen this thread yet I believe.
[+]
 Valefor.Yoloswag
Server: Valefor
user: volkom
By Valefor.Yoloswag 2014-10-01 12:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

don't get drunk. problem solved
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-01 12:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
And that is absolutely horrible but this law caters more to the jilted lover so to speak
How so?

I'm pretty sure they're all just scared shitless of sleeping with an intoxicated girl, having her sober up and realize they weren't worth sleeping with, and getting charged with rape.
I'm more afraid of sleeping with a women and she charge civil penalties and such.

I really do not feel like losing half+ of my wealth.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-01 12:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

*** someone drunk has always been a risk, I don't see how that changes here.

Either avoid drunk chicks.
Don't be a *** creeper.
Videotape everything.
Get friends to cosign that she definitely wanted the D.

I'm more worried about being hit by a car on my way home than getting the rapebomb dropped on me.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-10-01 12:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
If you dress like a ***, get drugged, and get raped, you aren't in any way responsible.

Yeah, those high end red cars are begging to be stolen. I mean, if you didn't want it stolen why would you get it in red? Catches the eye of everyone and there is no one to blame but the person who bought the car. Because seriously it's pretty, just sitting there with the motor purring, tantalizing those car thieves.

These are some of the stupidest arguments I've seen on AH, and frankly, that is saying something.

false comparison. A more accurate comparison would be driving your convertible sports car late at night with the going price advertised on it around a bunch of people looking to steal a sports car.

I don't know when the last time you were single and went out clubbing was, but everyone who is a hetrosexual male and single isn't going to make friends with females and discuss geo politics.
They're going there to meet women and possibly get laid. That is the purpose of nightclubs. A lot of women are going there KNOWING this is exactly why men go there, and they have the same ambitions but are more selective in who they will sleep with.

The sooner men who think women are holier than though get eliminated out through evolution the sooner we can arrive at some sort of normalcy between the sexes.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-01 12:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
ftfy

Child Support says hi.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-01 12:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

*** someone who actually wants to *** you then and there's no problem...

Edit: People can go somewhere that is exclusively for that purpose and not find someone they actually want to ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-01 12:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

But dude, she's showin' her ***. IM OWED THOSE TITAYS.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-01 12:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be a *** creeper.
Videotape everything.

I'm more worried about being hit by a car on my home than getting the rapebomb dropped on me.
I've never had a one night stand. The probability that this will ever effect me in any way is essentially zero. Does that mean I can't have an opinion on it? I'm against any law that stands as much chance to be exploited as it does to serve justice.

Everyone is so focused on insulting the character of anyone against the law, but you don't have to be personally invested in it to have an opinion. Typical feminist ***, any words against them suddenly make you a rape-supporter.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-01 12:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be a *** creeper.
Videotape everything.

I'm more worried about being hit by a car on my home than getting the rapebomb dropped on me.
I've never had a one night stand. The probability that this will ever effect me in any way is essentially zero. Does that mean I can't have an opinion on it? I'm against any law that stands as much chance to be exploited as it does to serve justice.

Everyone is so focused on insulting the character of anyone against the law, but you don't have to be personally invested in it to have an opinion. Typical feminist ***, any words against them suddenly make you a rape-supporter.

Hilarious. You bitched about ad hominems then end your statement with an ad hominem. Okay, bro.

No one called you a rape supporter, quit pulling ***out of thin air to prop up your victimization complex.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-10-01 12:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

No one is arguing that rape is right. Everyone agrees it is wrong. However chicks getting drunk and feeling like a sl_t about it the next morning (or hour) isn't rape.
Its poor judgement. If they can't drink responsibly raise the damn age on drinking. It will eliminate a lot more rapes than this stupid law.

This law is going to INCREASE the amount of False rape accusations as well as convictions.

As for your example of her showing you her tiddies:
I suppose a woman stripping in front of you or showing your her "titays" should mean she wants nothing to do with you. How *** scientific! Absolutely marvelous. So Unless a woman comes up to you and hands you a contract with her initials on each page and a big *** signature at the end of it, right where it says "you have permission to engage in sexual intercourse with me" every man should treat every advance as a *** tease?

How about no *** tease in the first place?
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-01 12:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Kara interpreted my statement as the exact opposite of what I said, because the very thought of someone mentioning dress in a topic about rape paints a target on their back. There are numerous character insults at anyone who opposes the law in this thread, though most are from Ramyrez and Flavin. It wasn't directed solely at you.

On top of that, bringing up a victimization complex in a thread about sex regret has to be a joke. That's what the thread is about, there hasn't been an argument about an actual rape in over 5 pages.

Quote:
No one is arguing that rape is right. Everyone agrees it is wrong. However chicks getting drunk and feeling like a sl_t about it the next morning (or hour) isn't rape.
Its poor judgement. If they can't drink responsibly raise the damn age on drinking. It will eliminate a lot more rapes than this stupid law.

This law is going to INCREASE the amount of False rape accusations as well as convictions.
this this this this this this this this this

it's only been said 30x..
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-01 12:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

They're ragging on Reggie Bush over a hypothetical in the wake of the Adrian Peterson debacle.

ACK! Fall Sundays! I know too much about this crap.
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-10-01 12:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose in your feminized world a woman showing you her titts means she wants to be friends?

OK, When I show them my penis it means I want to talk about spirituality.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-01 12:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

Do you really lose sleep over false rape accusations? You could easily spin this as also allowing men to be taken seriously when they get raped. How you want to look at this is completely arbitrary.

In my opinion, this law is pointless. Stick to the standard rules of engagement regarding sex/one night stands and general good behavior and you'll probably never end up being accused of getting rapey, rapey. That means not using drunk as a crutch, showing self-control and avoiding sticking your *** in devious psychopaths. If this is all too much, kindly stick to the HS sweetheart path of courtship and avoid the gladiatorial arena.

Quote:

Right after men stop getting horny and the sun stops shining. Are you really going to be so daft as to try attempting to eliminate what has been ingrained in courtship?

Woman shows breasts, you react, how you react determines where courtship goes. Use your brains, quit thinking with your ***. It just might save a life.

(I'm starting to sound like a goddamned self-help book.)
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-01 12:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

As for your example of her showing you her tiddies:
I suppose a woman stripping in front of you or showing your her "titays" should mean she wants nothing to do with you. How *** scientific! Absolutely marvelous. So Unless a woman comes up to you and hands you a contract with her initials on each page and a big *** signature at the end of it, right where it says "you have permission to engage in sexual intercourse with me" every man should treat every advance as a *** tease?

Based on what evidence will this increase the amount of false rape accusations as well as convictions?

Why does everything you say seem to lean towards if a woman acts a way you deem a tease or an advance they owe you sex?

No contract needed... Like I said... *** someone who actually wants to *** you and there's no problem..
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-01 12:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What you're advocating with a statement like that is saying that because you own a car, if it gets stolen, you're at least 1% culpable for that.
You are! You engaged in a well known risk, cars get stolen every day in the country.

Because you were out on the road driving lawfully and you and your whole family was killed by a drunk driver you are still someone responsible because you were driving somewhere.
If you had chosen to go elsewhere that day, the chain of events that killed you would not have taken place.

There was a stray bullet that went into a person's home here and killed him while he was watching tv. Was he at least 1% culpable?
Did he choose to live in an area where people occasionally fire stray bullets from guns?

Was it little Jenny's fault at age 10 when her father crawled into her bed at night and raped her? Is she held to be held culpable for that?
Did she scream or fight against him? Or otherwise resist?

Unless you're just putting forth that you're own existance, that living on this earth makes you at least 1% culpable for everything that happens then it's a false statement.

Here's the basis for the philosophical argument. Actions have consequences and we as individuals have the power of individual self determination. You keep steering the victims into roles in which they are completely "powerless" over their lives, and therefore not responsible for their decisions. We fundamentally disagree on that. Like it or not, the above individuals are the only ones responsible for their own individual safety.

They are not powerless, not even the 10 year old girl.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-01 12:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Maldini said: »

I suppose in your feminized world a woman showing you her titts means she wants to be friends?

How is this a feminized world?

They'll probably just laugh if you show them lol...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-01 12:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Means alot of things. Maybe she just wants to be sexy and tease hapless men like yourself or maybe she wants to ***. Or maybe she's sweating and dem tittays need some oxygen. Open that mouth of yours, flair up those peacock feathers and see where this party leads. You might get shut down or you may have just snagged the motherload. You're on stage, dance puppet, dance.

A pair of breasts in my face is quite arousing but it doesn't mean homegirl wants the D. At least my D. Sometimes she's looking for the V. Mmm, complexity is quite the thing in our world.
By Blazed1979 2014-10-01 12:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you really lose sleep over false rape accusations? You could easily spin this as also allowing men to be taken seriously when they get raped. How you want to look at this is completely arbitrary.

In my opinion, this law is pointless. Stick to the standard rules of engagement regarding sex/one night stands and general good behavior and you'll probably never end up being accused of getting rapey, rapey. That means not using drunk as a crutch, showing self-control and avoiding sticking your *** in devious psychopaths. If this is all too much, kindly stick to the HS sweetheart path of courtship and avoid the gladiatorial arena.

Quote:

Right after men stop getting horny and the sun stops shining. Are you really going to be so daft as to try attempting to eliminate what has been ingrained in courtship?

Woman shows breasts, you react, how you react determines where courtship goes. Use your brains, quit thinking with your ***. It just might save a life.

(I'm starting to sound like a goddamned self-help book.)

You really don't see what the big deal is with innocent being falsely accused of rape?

Should probably do some reading on it. It ain't pretty. The difference between your stance and mine is that I am able to see both side. I've said rape is wrong. You've gone and said pretty much that false accusations aren't a biggy.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-01 12:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

How is this a feminized world?

They'll probably just laugh if you show them lol...

Just what a woman wants to see: A faceless, limp ***.

Nice job, hero.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-01 12:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
What you're advocating with a statement like that is saying that because you own a car, if it gets stolen, you're at least 1% culpable for that.
You are! You engaged in a well known risk, cars get stolen every day in the country.

Because you were out on the road driving lawfully and you and your whole family was killed by a drunk driver you are still someone responsible because you were driving somewhere.
If you had chosen to go elsewhere that day, the chain of events that killed you would not have taken place.

There was a stray bullet that went into a person's home here and killed him while he was watching tv. Was he at least 1% culpable?
Did he choose to live in an area where people occasionally fire stray bullets from guns?

Was it little Jenny's fault at age 10 when her father crawled into her bed at night and raped her? Is she held to be held culpable for that?
Did she scream or fight against him? Or otherwise resist?

Unless you're just putting forth that you're own existance, that living on this earth makes you at least 1% culpable for everything that happens then it's a false statement.

Here's the basis for the philosophical argument. Actions have consequences and we as individuals have the power of individual self determination. You keep steering the victims into roles in which they are completely "powerless" over their lives, and therefore not responsible for their decisions. We fundamentally disagree on that. Like it or not, the above individuals are the only ones responsible for their own individual safety.

They are not powerless, not even the 10 year old girl.
Lol...

Lol...

He did not choose to live in an area where stray bullets are known to fly into people's homes. It's actually known to be a very safe area. Lol at firing stray bullets.

Yes but the father knocked her out and continued on anyways... when she told her mother the mother ignored her and told her to stop telling lies.

So basically where you are coming from is that your own existance inherently makes you culpable in everything that happens related to yourself?
By Blazed1979 2014-10-01 12:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Means alot of things. Maybe she just wants to be sexy and tease hapless men like yourself or maybe she wants to ***. Or maybe she's sweating and dem tittays need some oxygen. Open that mouth of yours, flair up those peacock feathers and see where this party leads. You might get shut down or you may have just snagged the motherload. You're on stage, dance puppet, dance.

A pair of breasts in my face is quite arousing but it doesn't mean homegirl wants the D. At least my D. Sometimes she's looking for the V. Mmm, complexity is quite the thing in our world.

Clearly you have no idea what the discussion is about. If you did you wouldn't bring such an out of place example as to support whatever point it is you're trying to make.

If you did know what the issue was you would have mentioned that at ANY POINT in the exchange she can CLAIM RAPE because she didn't actually ever say yes.

You're clearly the one who hasn't gotten enough of the opposite sex as demonstrated in your limited understanding and experience in how SEX STARTS AT FOREPLAY.... well, of course that is what its like for those of us who don't have to pay hookers for it.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 35 36 37