The New Global Cooling Thread.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » The new Global Cooling thread.
The new Global Cooling thread.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12
By Altimaomega 2014-08-09 00:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
You do realize that the vast majority of Republicans and/or conservatives are not "the 1%", right?

That would go against the democrat agenda if people realized this simple fact.

The general consensus on the left seems to be that anyone on the right is too stupid to understand they're being used for votes, too. Like all the nitwits who backed the farm bill 2 years ago that gave unprecedented control of GMO patents and immunity of future regulation to Monsanto. All those farmers who took their government check and moaned about the opposition being the end of the little guy just happened to vote for the people that were bending them over a barrel. In a lot of ways, they have a point, if you think the rich on either end of the spectrum are to be revered or that they give a crap about you, I'd suspect you're the product of inbreeding or grew up swimming in the settling ponds of a nuclear plant.

Yet I'm sure you are a tea party basher, you know that group that wants to do away with all government spending. They wanna cut agri-buisness welfare and food stamps.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-09 00:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize that the vast majority of Republicans and/or conservatives are not "the 1%", right?

The general consensus on the left seems to be that anyone on the right is too stupid to understand they're being used for votes, too. Like all the nitwits who backed the farm bill 2 years ago that gave unprecedented control of GMO patents and immunity of future regulation to Monsanto. All those farmers who took their government check and moaned about the opposition being the end of the little guy just happened to vote for the people that were bending them over a barrel. In a lot of ways, they have a point, if you think the rich on either end of the spectrum are to be revered or that they give a crap about you, I'd suspect you're the product of inbreeding or grew up swimming in the settling ponds of a nuclear plant.

Yet I'm sure you are a tea party basher, you know that group that wants to do away with all government spending. They wanna cut agri-buisness welfare and food stamps.

So are you inbred or did you swim in radioactive waste? The TP doesn't give a crap about government spending, just like every other rich political group in existence.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-09 00:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So are you inbred or did you swim in radioactive waste? The TP doesn't give a crap about government spending, just like every other rich political group in existence.

All I have ever seen you post is always in favor of left leaning policy. Since the left is the main advocate of Big Government, going by your own definition you was conceived by your brother and sister while they swam in a settling pool next to chernobyl.

Question is do you call them parents or siblings?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-09 00:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
I thought the problem with global warming is that its making Summers hotter and Winters Colder, Doesn't it effect both hot and cold climate?
On the average, temperatures have gone up overall meaning both warmer summers and winters. It's a global average though so temperature trends are not uniform across the entire planet and can very greatly between regions. Recent extreme winters here in the U.S. could be a statistical fluke or could be a result of extreme weather patterns brought about by warming (sounds contradictory but a warmer planet contains greater amounts of energy and this energy may be amplifying typical weather phenomena, including blizzards). It's likely some combination of both, though, which was the general point the scientist in Altima's link was trying to communicate.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-09 00:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

All I have ever seen you post is always in favor of left leaning policy. Since the left is the main advocate of Big Government, going by your own definition you was conceived by your brother and sister while they swam in a settling pool next to chernobyl.

Question is do you call them parents or siblings?

If you had any clue what either political party has actually done, you'd realize that they're both the big government party. And I'd love to see some citations of my left leaning policies. Maybe you're just confused because I don't think religious books should be part of science class.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-09 01:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you had any clue what either political party has actually done, you'd realize that they're both the big government party. And I'd love to see some citations of my left leaning policies. Maybe you're just confused because I don't think religious books should be part of science class.

A lot of us would like to see some citations of your right-leaning policies. Or, you know, for you to actually take up an argument that represents the side you claim to belong to.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-09 01:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I thought the problem with global warming is that its making Summers hotter and Winters Colder, Doesn't it effect both hot and cold climate?
On the average, temperatures have gone up overall meaning both warmer summers and winters(Except last winter that one doesn't count). It's a global average though so temperature trends are not uniform across the entire planet and can very greatly between regions. Recent extreme winters here in the U.S. could be a statistical fluke or could be a result of extreme weather patterns brought about by warming (sounds contradictory but a warmer planet contains greater amounts of energy and this energy may be amplifying typical weather phenomena, including blizzards). It's likely some combination of both, though, which was the general point the scientist in Altima's link was trying to communicate.

Glad you cleared that up... Tells us more about the assumptions all these scientist are making.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-09 01:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It was the point of the article YOU linked and the main topic of the lecture it was summarizing. Seriously, learn to *** read or just stick to farming.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-09 01:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It was the point of the article YOU linked and the main topic of the lecture it was summarizing. Seriously, learn to *** read or just stick to farming.

Um no not really..
The global warming hiatus occurred despite record-breaking temperatures in the 2000s, retreating Arctic sea ice, rising sea levels and a record high global concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, according to a statement released by NASA.

Then the guy goes on to blame the Weather and OMG THE SUN!
Loeb said that changes in solar radiation, water vapor and aerosol particles in the air have likely played a role, but a major factor may be an El Nino-like pattern of climate variability that has historically coincided with a slowing in global warming. Loeb noted that a rise in global temperatures slowed in the 1940s as the Pacific Decadal Oscillation climate pattern was active – a pattern that similarly lasted 20-30 years.

With this at the end:
In the global warming slowdown of the past 15 years, Loeb points out that the temperature is rising at nearly one-third the rate as before. The average temperature in the U.S. has risen about 1.5 degrees since the beginning of the 1900s.

When he says "about" we all know he is rounding up from 1.3 degrees, which for 114yrs and coming out of a little ice age that is a pretty damn stable climate.

This in no way represents what you have described.
On the average, temperatures have gone up overall meaning both warmer summers and winters(Except last winter that one doesn't count). It's a global average though so temperature trends are not uniform across the entire planet and can very greatly between regions. Recent extreme winters here in the U.S. could be a statistical fluke or could be a result of extreme weather patterns brought about by warming (sounds contradictory but a warmer planet contains greater amounts of energy and this energy may be amplifying typical weather phenomena, including blizzards). It's likely some combination of both, though, which was the general point the scientist in Altima's link was trying to communicate.

Glad you cleared that up... Tells us more about the assumptions all these scientist are making.
All you did was spew the same assumptions you always do.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-09 01:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of us would like to see some citations of your right-leaning policies. Or, you know, for you to actually take up an argument that represents the side you claim to belong to.

Don't mind him Ravael.

The mods obviously don't mind he breaks every single behavioral rule even though I've already been warned a few times about them.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/43657/pr-section-guidelines/

Thing is he is always the one ending up butt hurt and more than likely doing all the "he made fun of me whine whine" to the mods.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-09 02:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean he was saying that natural patterns can influence climate alongside human-influenced ones? Which was, coincidentally, the same point I was making?

You're a mess, dude. Don't ever change.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2014-08-09 03:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

someone might have posted this video already, don't care enough to look.

Yeah, the way Global warming was explained to me was basically like a Lunch box, You stick an Ice pack into your lunch box, it keeps everything inside of it cold, You put something hot in there, It will keep everything hot, and apparently that's kinda how greenhouse gases work.

So during summer Greenhouse gases are keeping hot weather around longer, and during winter keeping cold weather around longer.....

I honestly don't care enough to do more research, this is what I know on the top of my head
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2014-08-09 03:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's Foreigners...
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-09 05:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
I didn't have my contacts on and I misread this as

The New Global Cooking Thread :(
That would be very interesting!

A WILD DERAIL APPEARS

I just bought a crock pot yesterday and I'm making this now: http://www.marthastewart.com/332303/slow-cooker-green-chili

2 hours to go and it smells great already :D
Fun derail!

I like my wonderful dutch oven for stews/chilis/curries. As it works on my stove and in the oven.

I made a slightly heavily modified version of this stew last week. Had to add hot chilis and fresh ginger, and used beef instead of venision.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-09 05:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang it, Kara. What have I told you about making me hungry?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-09 05:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I use the ***out of my dutch oven. It's great for carnitas.

The recipe I linked earlier turned out ok. Could use a bit more flavor so next time I may add more spices, some serranos, and bay leaves. Maybe puree some of the vegetables too to give it a bit more texture.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-09 06:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I use the ***out of my dutch oven. It's great for carnitas.

The recipe I linked earlier turned out ok. Could use a bit more flavor so next time I may add more spices, some serranos, and bay leaves. Maybe puree some of the vegetables too to give it a bit more texture.
Ah =/

I find with a lot of recipes I need to double or triple certain spices. Garlic I always add more, and I tend to insert fresh ginger into everything.....because it is awesome. Occassionally schezuan pepper, adds a nice tingle on the lips.

For that recipe I would try using a pork boullion instead of chicken. I (tend to) like using like boullions with like meat, but it depends. The pureeing veggies could be cool, will cook down well.

I miss the variety of hot peppers the US has. Getting "exotics" here can be difficult as Danes don't typically like spicy food. I use thai red chili peppers for basically everything.

Can't decide on indian curry today or another stew. I might take your puree veggie idea and use my food processor to slice the veggies (very thin) and quicker prep time.
By fonewear 2014-08-09 08:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of climate experts:

By fonewear 2014-08-09 08:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Global warming/slavery with a just a hint of gay fascism.

By fonewear 2014-08-09 09:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Carlin to save the day !

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-09 09:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Global warming/slavery with a just a hint of gay fascism.

What was the gay fascism part?
By fonewear 2014-08-09 09:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It is just like the theory argument. In theory gay fascism could cause global warming. In theory.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-09 09:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are we here? Plastic!
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-09 09:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Yea that and the part about how they really don't care about the planet. Are the best parts.

Makes me think of the South Park smug episode. It isn't about saving the planet it is about being smug. Being above other people. A look at what I'm doing for the planet attitude.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-09 09:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Yea that and the part about how they really don't care about the planet. Are the best parts.

Makes me think of the South Park smug episode. It isn't about saving the planet it is about being smug. Being above other people. A look at what I'm doing for the planet attitude.
I was looking for that video before too. Just the part where they all start smelling their own farts.

Here we go:
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-09 09:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You of all people should understand the difference between fiscal and social policies. If you and altima want to live in the middle ages, have at it. The Republican party has shifted so far right on social issues and so far left on fiscal, it's a wonder anyone know what side they're on.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-09-01 22:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The Global warming fairy tale is coming to an end.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/no_warming_for_19_years?nk=5e2d64efc1d3a19779c322c1c6203845
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 22:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Really, you're going to cite a blog? really?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-09-01 22:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

One guy's opinion is enough for Altima I guess.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-09-01 22:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Really, you're going to cite a blog? really?

Why not, its true.

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
One guy's opinion is enough for Altima I guess.

Say's the co-leader of the church of Gore.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12