Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-01 21:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

One point Atimaomega and I differ.

I say it's wrong for government to impose regulations that put small businesses out of business in order for the larger ones to absorb them up, and then when they can't even make a profit with said regulations, just subsidize them through tax payer money.

Whereas I'm against tariffs/taxes on imports and exports. Let the overseas company charge whatever they want for their product and shipping and vice versa.

The combination of faith based currency and trade agreements that only help corporations though subsidization is what kills it all.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 21:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
For a group of people all about the mythos of the bootstraps, Conservatives like to *** about getting dealt a bad hand by big bad Gubbmint.
qft
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-01 21:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
What is a neocon by your definition?

I try not to make a habbit of repeating myself time and time again over the course of months, go backread.
That's because you don't even know. You just parrot the word.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 21:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I say it's wrong for us to care if a business floats or not by imposing necessary regulation to protect the lives of human beings.

If a company no matter how big or small can't do legal business then it doesn't have any place to exist.

It's also wrong for persons who made their riches on the back of Americans to reinvest their money overseas without penalty, then to turn around and resell the cheaply made crap to us, again: without penalty.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 21:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I try not to make a habbit of repeating myself time and time again over the course of months, go backread.
I do know, and I've posted it before, I'm just too lazy to go dig up exactly what I said, if you want to: be my guest.

But it's funny to hear you talking about parroting things, Mr. "I loves everything Russian"
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-01 21:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Gonna have a hard time producing all that food when the Ogallala Aquifer dries up in the 2020's.

Obama - You didn't raise, feed, and milk those cows.

He didn't personally take them away either. Be less stupid.
Reading comprehension, do you need it?

Thanks for putting words in my mouth to vindicate a personal attack though. It just demostrates the personal bias everyone has on this current topic. Only the people actually working care about the system. Everyone else just likes to attack those they disagree with by disguising it with faulty implied logic.

Stay classy FFXIAH.
That's what it has basically come down to, people here putting words in your mouth and try to create an argument you never said.

It's generally the liberals of this website that does it the most too, and then they think they are smart for doing that.....

It's not the reader's responsibility to decipher the writer's delusion. People can only respond to what you wrote. Don't write stupid ***if you don't want people to call it out.
It's not the writer's fault for the reader's own assumptions.

I could say the earth is round and you would yell at me for making the argument that the earth is flat and call names for saying that, which I obviously said the earth is round.

Well, I would agrue with you if you failed to present any evidence and reasons. Your typical debate format is:

KN: <Say Something stupid.>
NE1: <Points out that you said something stupid.>
KN: <kwit puttni' werds in mouth pls stupid libtard.>
<END OF LINE>

Start explaining yourself more diligently, if you feel people missed your point, explain your point. Don't just handwave it and expect everyone to just assume you've delivered a sufficient rebuttal.

If you don't feel it's worth the effort, get the *** over yourself then.
Just because you don't agree with people, it doesn't make them stupid.

No, what makes them stupid is when they make assumptions like what you just did. What also makes them stupid is when they pick out very few choice letters and comprise their entire argument over those letters, instead of actually reading and responding to the full sentence and post instead, like you and a few others did previously.

See, I don't call people stupid because I don't agree with them, I call them stupid because they portray the stupidity in their responses constantly.

Ramyrez, Bloodrose, Seha, and a few others also do not agree with me, like you, Jassik, Pleebo, and Jet. However, their responses do not portray the stupidity that you 4 articulate on nearly all of your posts. Why do you think I get along with Ramyrez, Bloodrose, Seha and the rest of them a lot better than I do with the 4 of you?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-01 21:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, I feel really stupid for saying that the slaves should have just run away... Oh wait...
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-01 21:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I do know, and I've posted it before, I'm just too lazy to go dig up exactly what I said, if you want to: be my guest.

But it's funny to hear you talking about parroting things, Mr. "I loves everything Russian"
Yeah we all know how lazy you are.

Luckily I don't have to pay for it, God Bless Russia!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-01 21:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Ya, I feel really stupid for saying that the slaves should have just run away... Oh wait...
Was that not the purpose behind the underground railroad, to help slaves run away?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-01 21:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Was that not the purpose behind the underground railroad, to help slaves run away?

If you seriously don't get the reference, you're missing out on one of the dumbest things ever said in public.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-09-01 21:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Not restrictions, tax them and tax them hard. No reason overseas products should be cheaper than American made products.

Mmmm...You've never had to import anything from overseas, have you? So, because you have no connection to anything outside of the US, everyone else should suffer? Because it's not like there are any first or second generation Americans, right? What are those mythical unicorns?

I have two large pieces of furniture in my house that are older than the United States (fun little tid-bit), and at the time, I had to have my parents help pay for freight and tariff fees for both sides of the pond, which came out to be $3,600. Not going to touch on estate tax for cross-borders inheritances, or as it was before 2009.

Because personal items and the food supply's of nations are totally the same thing right. smh...
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 21:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Not restrictions, tax them and tax them hard. No reason overseas products should be cheaper than American made products.

Mmmm...You've never had to import anything from overseas, have you? So, because you have no connection to anything outside of the US, everyone else should suffer? Because it's not like there are any first or second generation Americans, right? What are those mythical unicorns?

I have two large pieces of furniture in my house that are older than the United States (fun little tid-bit), and at the time, I had to have my parents help pay for freight and tariff fees for both sides of the pond, which came out to be $3,600. Not going to touch on estate tax for cross-borders inheritances, or as it was before 2009.
While I find issues with estate taxes in general, how big were these things? and I imagine the freight was a large chunk of that $ as shipping isn't cheap.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-09-01 21:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna have a hard time producing all that food when the Ogallala Aquifer dries up in the 2020's.

Obama - You didn't raise, feed, and milk those cows.

He didn't personally take them away either. Be less stupid.
Reading comprehension, do you need it?

Thanks for putting words in my mouth to vindicate a personal attack though. It just demostrates the personal bias everyone has on this current topic. Only the people actually working care about the system. Everyone else just likes to attack those they disagree with by disguising it with faulty implied logic.

Stay classy FFXIAH.
That's what it has basically come down to, people here putting words in your mouth and try to create an argument you never said.

It's generally the liberals of this website that does it the most too, and then they think they are smart for doing that.....

It's not the reader's responsibility to decipher the writer's delusion. People can only respond to what you wrote. Don't write stupid ***if you don't want people to call it out.
It's not the writer's fault for the reader's own assumptions.

I could say the earth is round and you would yell at me for making the argument that the earth is flat and call names for saying that, which I obviously said the earth is round.

Well, I would agrue with you if you failed to present any evidence and reasons. Your typical debate format is:

KN: <Say Something stupid.>
NE1: <Points out that you said something stupid.>
KN: <kwit puttni' werds in mouth pls stupid libtard.>
<END OF LINE>

Start explaining yourself more diligently, if you feel people missed your point, explain your point. Don't just handwave it and expect everyone to just assume you've delivered a sufficient rebuttal.

If you don't feel it's worth the effort, get the *** over yourself then.
Just because you don't agree with people, it doesn't make them stupid.

No, what makes them stupid is when they make assumptions like what you just did. What also makes them stupid is when they pick out very few choice letters and comprise their entire argument over those letters, instead of actually reading and responding to the full sentence and post instead, like you and a few others did previously.

See, I don't call people stupid because I don't agree with them, I call them stupid because they portray the stupidity in their responses constantly.

Ramyrez, Bloodrose, Seha, and a few others also do not agree with me, like you, Jassik, Pleebo, and Jet. However, their responses do not portray the stupidity that you 4 articulate on nearly all of your posts. Why do you think I get along with Ramyrez, Bloodrose, Seha and the rest of them a lot better than I do with the 4 of you?

FFXIAH.com politics & religion in a nut shell.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-01 21:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you seriously don't get the reference, you're missing out on one of the dumbest things ever said in public.

I'm going to assume this was the post:

Quote:
So, we all must pity everyone because slavery exists in some parts of the world?

"WAAAAAA!! I can't achieve anything in life because of some poor kid in Simolia is a slave! WAAAAAAA!!! Pay me to live because of that poor kid!!!

You can still get out of that situation if you are a slave. It's called "running away." They only stay slaves because they don't give any effort in changing their lifestyle.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/42078/gop-succumbs-to-rare-outbreak-of-sanity/9/#2557247
By Altimaomega 2014-09-01 21:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

While I find issues with estate taxes in general, how big were these things? and I imagine the freight was a large chunk of that $ as shipping isn't cheap.

Wow, Jet is capable of rational thought after all. Is it a blue moon tonight?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-01 22:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

International freight is entirely based on timeframe. I sent my toolbox to and from a place where I was working (31 drawer snap-on box, weighs about 6,000 lbs loaded) but I was able to use sealand freight and it was less than a thousand dollars. When I worked for Nissan, we had to overnight cars to and from Japan on occasion for something like $35K.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 22:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

International freight is entirely based on timeframe. I sent my toolbox to and from a place where I was working (31 drawer snap-on box, weighs about 6,000 lbs loaded) but I was able to use sealand freight and it was less than a thousand dollars. When I worked for Nissan, we had to overnight cars to and from Japan on occasion for something like $35K.
Almost all shipping is about how long you want to wait for the damn thing.

Most cars aren't worth $35k even a Nissan
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-01 22:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

As for Jet's definition of neocon, there is none. Most search results of 'neocon' refer to his posts. It's just him using the word to call people names with no definitive understanding of the word.

As a matter of fact he was asked this very same question awhile ago and always gives the same answer:

Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby said: »
I'd be curious to hear your definition of "neocon".

I've covered it previously and honestly don't feel like repeating myself.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/43473/is-the-tea-party-making-a-comeback/4/#2639647
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-01 22:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

They were pre-production models, mules built for testing purposes, so it's hard to say what they were "worth". I was just surprised how much more cost varies with large things.
By Altimaomega 2014-09-01 22:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

As for Jet's definition of neocon, there is none. Most search results of 'neocon' refer to his posts. It's just him using the word to call people names with no definitive understanding of the word.

As a matter of fact he was asked this very same question awhile ago and always gives the same answer:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/43473/is-the-tea-party-making-a-comeback/4/#2639647

What do you expect from an unemployed troll living off the working man? He believes that he has paid his due and shouldn't have to work anymore, but we are all neocons so his apparent right to not work is justified.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 22:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There is, and you definitely didn't look far back enough.

I don't usually call people names, but nice try Chaos.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 22:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

They were pre-production models, mules built for testing purposes, so it's hard to say what they were "worth". I was just surprised how much more cost varies with large things.
Ah, makes more sense, and yeah.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 22:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you expect from an unemployed troll living off the working man? He believes that he has paid his due and shouldn't have to work anymore, but we are all neocons so his apparent right to not work is justified.

I'm not unemployed anymore, nor a troll. Also: when did I ever say I was "living off the working man" do you have a source for this assertion?

Not all of you are neocons, I don't even consider you one, you are more akin to a drooling toddler who's mad because you stepped in your own poo.

(for the record, Chaos isn't one either).
By Altimaomega 2014-09-01 22:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not unemployed anymore, nor a troll. Also: when did I ever say I was "living off the working man" do you have a source for this assertion?

Not all of you are neocons, I don't even consider you one, you are more akin to a drooling toddler who's mad because you stepped in your own poo.

Ahh so now your not unemployed all the sudden, gotcha keep on trollin dude.

Its cute how you say "for the record" because you have no record of ever keeping a record... record..
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 22:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh so now your not unemployed all the sudden, gotcha keep on trollin dude.

Its cute how you say "for the record" because you have no record of ever keeping a record... record..

I keep records all the time, and yes it's a thing that happens from time to time: people get hired, go figure.

again: I'm not the troll here, but keep on thinking that if it helps fuel your delusions based in your hysteria and misunderstanding of reality.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-09-01 22:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow backreading, pretty sure altima has no grasp on how many people live in the US, we don't even come close to producing enough food to feed our entire population, a sudden seizure of imports would pretty much reduce us to eating grains within a year. The fruit would be gone almost right away, the meat would be next, and those that didn't starve to death would be vegetarians. Even with great harvests from every source you are looking at a pretty large population reduction in the first year. But altima would survive, so the entire country would be ok, right?
. . .
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-09-01 22:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Wow backreading, pretty sure altima has no grasp on how many people live in the US, we don't even come close to producing enough food to feed our entire population, a sudden seizure of imports would pretty much reduce us to eating grains within a year. The fruit would be gone almost right away, the meat would be next, and those that didn't starve to death would be vegetarians. Even with great harvests from every source you are looking at a pretty large population reduction in the first year. But altima would survive, so the entire country would be ok, right?
. . .

Only goes to show that reading comprehension is not a strong suit of the left.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-09-01 22:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it doesn't show that at all, it shows Jassik destroyed your "argument," and you are completely delusional. The US cannot produce enough food to feed its entire population for a sustained period of time. Not even close.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 22:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this real life?
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-01 22:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
. . .

Well, considering he doesn't have a clue about acclimatization of different species of plants from region-to-region or across continental borders, even withholding human-genetic engineering (which is why we have such a plethora of species we have today), which even hobby gardeners know, just what?

Jet, to give you an idea, it's a china cabinet and a tea/coffee table (label dependent on your continental European or British ancestry), so, when I say "large", in reality they're not that large, which is even more so coffee-spitting inducing.

As Jassik stated, it's within the time parameters that you want it imported. That was base-line without insurance, which is an additional fee.

EDIT: Maybe you should elaborate more, Altima?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 1375 1376 1377