Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 899 900 901 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-01 12:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Trump should have said let's send our poor people to Mexico see how they like it !

You want to see Americans with their heads ducttaped and thrown into mass graves?
By fonewear 2015-09-01 12:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Trump should have said let's send our poor people to Mexico see how they like it !

You want to see Americans with their heads ducttaped and thrown into mass graves?

Doesn't have to be a mass grave maybe a semi mass !
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 12:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

A mass grave? As long as it's not a "Catholic mass" grave. They'd be bored for eternity.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-09-01 12:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Americans don't have a problem going to Tijuana or Puerto Vallarta to get drunk, act stupid, barf and urinate in public areas lol So I imagine they'd like it very much.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-09-01 12:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
I don't imagine anything short of the threat of open war would get Mexico's corrupt government to pay for anything.

At the cost of the falling of the US economy? Illegal immigrants drive a huge chunk of the US businesses. Can you imagine how hard hospitality, construction, landscaping, and agriculture industries would be hit in the US if we just deported 11-30(Ann Coulter figure is 30 million) million illegal residents?

All of those will become hardworking AMERICAN jobs. My waiter will be AMERICAN. Those crops will be picked by AMERICANS. Those steel beams will be hoisted into place by AMERICANS, that day care will be run by AMERICANS, that hedge will be trimmed by AMERICANS, that parking lot will be stocked by AMERICANS.

You ready for the revival of AMERICA??

Yes but so long as the cost of strawberries and tomatoes don't go up!

Damn straight I enjoy my box socials !

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 12:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Several posts in and nobody has mentioned this yet?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-01 12:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't imagine anything short of the threat of open war would get Mexico's corrupt government to pay for anything.

At the cost of the falling of the US economy? Illegal immigrants drive a huge chunk of the US businesses. Can you imagine how hard hospitality, construction, landscaping, and agriculture industries would be hit in the US if we just deported 11-30(Ann Coulter figure is 30 million) million illegal residents?

All of those will become hardworking AMERICAN jobs. My waiter will be AMERICAN. Those crops will be picked by AMERICANS. Those steel beams will be hoisted into place by AMERICANS, that day care will be run by AMERICANS, that hedge will be trimmed by AMERICANS, that parking lot will be stocked by AMERICANS.

You ready for the revival of AMERICA??

Yes but so long as the cost of strawberries and tomatoes don't go up!

If I slap MADE IN THE USA I could charge at least $1.50 more. These are AMERICAN strawberries you know. Free range, fair trade, not sprayed with illegal sweat.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 12:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegeta screaming "IT'S EXACTLY NINE-HUNDREEEEEEEEED!" isn't as catchy though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-09-01 12:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 12:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Ok, abortion are no longer legal, are you guys going to take care of all those unwanted children?
What, you mean that the parents can no longer take care of them?

If someone is considering an abortion, I highly doubt they can or are willing to take care of them.
I'm sure family influence (as in the grandparents of the kid) has no say in the abortion either.

You know, some instances where the grandparents force the daughter to get an abortion because of an unwed child being born in the family...
By fonewear 2015-09-01 12:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

How Trump starts every day of his life:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 12:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, some instances where the grandparents force the daughter to get an abortion because of an unwed child being born in the family...

I'm not sure that's legal in any state, unless you're just talking about pressuring or threatening to boot them out of the house, which obviously works both ways.

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2015-09-01 12:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure that's legal in any state, unless you're just talking about pressuring or threatening to boot them out of the house, which obviously works both ways.
Legal or not, people do it, and it's pretty common.

Hell, Middle Eastern Parents (the really hard core ones) will conduct "honor killings" to kill their kids or grand kids to protect the honor of their family (and coincidentally ruin it and their family) from the perception that their kids have been overly spoiled by the local American culture, and live a life of excess luxury.
By Bloodrose 2015-09-01 12:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure family influence (as in the grandparents of the kid) has no say in the abortion either.

Hypothetical scenario, also that'd be very contradicting (not that it's impossible), people caring about unwed childbearing are religious people and should be against abortions.
Well, that's the problem. The extreme religious people can't really fathom the logic, and are more about image than religion.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 12:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »

Hell, Middle Eastern Parents (the really hard core ones) will conduct "honor killings" to kill their kids or grand kids to protect the honor of their family (and coincidentally ruin it and their family) from the perception that their kids have been overly spoiled by the local American culture, and live a life of excess luxury.

What I mean is, I don't believe it's legal for parents to force a child to have or not have an abortion. If they do so outside the bounds of the law, it shouldn't be something that's considered, only prosecuted.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 12:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Either way it has nothing to do with what I said, who is going to take care of the childrens? Adoption system has trouble giving homes for 100k children per year, I can't imagine adding 1.2 million kids per year.

That's more because the system is broken, I think. I've never had to deal with it myself, but I've known several couples who were more than willing to adopt but were unable to because of a mountain of red tape.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-09-01 12:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We've had some of those. I remember one case in particular

Quote:
Fadime Şahindal was opposed to her family's insistence on an arranged marriage, and instead selected her own boyfriend. At first she kept the relationship secret, but her father found out about it. Fadime then left her family and moved to Sundsvall, where her brother found her and threatened her. She went to the police who advised her at first to talk to her family. She then turned to the media with her story, after which she turned again to the police and was offered a secret identity. By turning to the media Fadime managed to receive support from the Swedish authorities, but she had also made the "shame" of her family public. She filed a lawsuit against her father and brother, accusing them of unlawful threats, and won.

Fadime was scheduled to move in with her boyfriend, Patrick, the following month, in June 1998, when he died in a car accident. He was buried in Uppsala.

Her father forbade her to visit Uppsala, since he did not want her to visit her deceased boyfriend's grave. Nalin Pekgul, a Kurdish-Swedish parliamentarian, negotiated a compromise in which Şahindal agreed to stay away from Uppsala and her father promised not to stalk her.

On 20 November 2001, the Violence Against Women network arranged a seminar on the topic "Integration on whose terms?". During the seminar Fadime spoke in front of the Riksdag about her personal story.

On 21 January 2002, Fadime secretly visited her mother and sisters in Uppsala. During the visit, her father arrived and shot her in the head in front of her mother and two sisters. Confronted by police, he confessed and said to his defense that he was ill. Despite the confession, one of her cousins later tried to convince the police that he had killed her.

Her father was ultimately convicted of murder by a Swedish court and sentenced to life imprisonment.

Her murder sparked a debate in Sweden about immigrant integration and raised questions regarding Patrick's death.

Fadime was buried in Uppsala.

In April 2014, Fadime's brother was shot dead by Swedish police after he refused arrest.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 12:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Either way it has nothing to do with what I said, who is going to take care of the childrens? Adoption system has trouble giving homes for 100k children per year, I can't imagine adding 1.2 million kids per year.

That's more because the system is broken, I think. I've never had to deal with it myself, but I've known several couples who were more than willing to adopt but were unable to because of a mountain of red tape.

I've heard similar stories, it's part of the reason so many go outside the US to adopt.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-01 12:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypothetical scenario, also that'd be very contradicting (not that it's impossible), people caring about unwed childbearing are religious people and should be against abortions.

The bottom line is I prefer kids not be born into broken homes or parents who don't care. A lifetime of suffering at the hands of irresponsible, unprepared, ill-equipped people is a tragedy onto itself. I've seen enough of that and what it means for at-risk teens and failed state adults.

And yet it isn't my decision to force people to abort. Leave that up to the individual and let each side put forth their arguments. Some will abort, some wont.

tl;dr - Shout "not enough minerals" before every abortion.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-09-01 12:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What I mean is, I don't believe it's legal for parents to force a child to have or not have an abortion. If they do so outside the bounds of the law, it shouldn't be something that's considered, only prosecuted.
I know what you meant. Read the part where I said "Legal or not, people do it, and it's pretty common."

I added something as a more extreme nature to the extent that these kinds of people are willing to do just to maintain their personal view held in the regards of their version of the religion they cherry pick with.

There's also been "honor killings" in Christian and Catholic societies before, though now it's much more rare, but people have been disowned from their families for refusing to bow to the whim of taking on the roles decided by their parents - which includes being forced to carry to birth, or to have an abortion.

I believe it to be illegal (though I could be wrong) because it's being forced up on the expectant mother to make a decision that isn't hers to make anymore due to unyielding pressure from her parents, which also may take away from the rights or decision of the man who supplied the baby goop. A decision like this made under that kind of duress can create or augment the physical and psychological pains and depression that will inevitably come, including severely strained relationships.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 12:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard similar stories, it's part of the reason so many go outside the US to adopt.

On the other hand, my great uncles are rich, and their families could adopt with ease by throwing a crap ton of money around. Funny how that works.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 12:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

On the other hand, my great uncles are rich, and their families could adopt with ease by throwing a crap ton of money around. Funny how that works.

I always go back to the old adage that money can't buy happiness, but nobody who says it ever looks at all the barriers that are strictly monetary.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-09-01 12:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Daniel Tosh said it best:

"I never understood why people always say money can't buy happiness. You know what doesn't buy happiness? Poverty doesn't buy happiness"
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-01 12:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

With money the rules are but mere playthings. It's the one thing I complete agreed with Trump on when he made a similar statement.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 12:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

"I never understood why people always say money can't buy happiness. You know what doesn't buy happiness? Poverty doesn't buy happiness"

I like the one about "money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a jet ski. Have you ever seen a sad person on a jet ski? Hell no."
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-09-01 12:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the one about "money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a jet ski. Have you ever seen a sad person on a jet ski? Hell no."
I think it was part of the same skit, or just a different version of it. The one I'm thinking of was from his appearance at the Just for Laughs festival in Montreal
By Ramyrez 2015-09-01 12:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I always go back to the old adage that money can't buy happiness, but nobody who says it ever looks at all the barriers that are strictly monetary.

I look at the barriers with disdain, disgust, and ire.

But then I go to work, because apparently everyone else thinks this system is just fine and I've got too much ***to do to even begin trying to change it.
First Page 2 3 ... 899 900 901 ... 1375 1376 1377