Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 878 879 880 ... 1375 1376 1377

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2015-08-28 11:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Yup, but whatcha gonna do?

Be ever aware of my own biases and take every opportunity to visualize scenarios from a perspective other than my own. Outside of myself, there isn't much you can do.

You must be bored then :P

My free time comes in spurts, but I do a lot of community service work, and I see this stuff first hand.

Community service that seems like a light sentence ! What did you do rob a 7/11 ?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-28 11:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh how I knew FFXIAH would chomp at the bit at the prospect of a black guy harboring racist tendencies to deflect from the issues in America.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-28 11:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Again, those businesses do not target specific people based on the color of their skin, which is what you accused them of doing.

That's where the "institutional" part comes in. Racism is a major factor in how generations of black people have ended up poor and ignorant. And a large portion of society uses that to their advantage.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-28 11:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Oh how I knew FFXIAH would chomp at the bit at the prospect of a black guy harboring racist tendencies to deflect from the issues in America.

Which thing are we even talking about? I didn't backread.
By fonewear 2015-08-28 11:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Racism is an issue that I care deeply about...wait I mean I'm supposed to care deeply about !
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-28 11:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Racism is an issue that I care deeply about...wait I mean I'm supposed to care deeply about !

Serendipitously, that's the problem.

People who aren't racist and have no problem with racism thinking racism isn't a problem just because it's not a problem for them.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-28 11:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

When racism threatens the Earth like global warming...maybe I'll do a documentary about how to end it !

One thing at a time we got to solve global warming before we can end racism.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 11:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So, basically you are calling me a racist even though I made no racial remarks or comments. Or even hinted at anything racial towards anyone. Or even have any evidence that I have racial tendencies towards any specific group of people.

But I'm racist because you think that people cannot get rid of racial biases. Because you didn't try.

Got it.

Uh, no, I am not calling anyone anything. Biases exist within everyone. You will always have biases when things are different. It's being aware of them that's key.

Again, those businesses do not target specific people based on the color of their skin, which is what you accused them of doing.

I haven't accused them of anything... disparity means when things are different. More banks in white neighborhoods, more short-term lenders in black neighborhoods. I can't tell if you're being obtuse or purposefully using the narrowest possible meaning of words just because they're coming from me. Either way, I'm done.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-28 11:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

When racism threatens the Earth like global warming...maybe I'll do a documentary about how to end it !

One thing at a time we got to solve global warming before we can end racism.

Thank you for reminding me how infrequently I should be taking the things you say seriously. I forget sometimes.

Instead, let's high five and make fun of extremists on both sides!

[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-28 11:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just I care so deeply about my poor black friends(on CNN) that I sometimes forget that I'm white !
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-28 11:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I JUST STOLE THIS FOR FUTURE USE
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-08-28 11:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

I JUST STOLE THIS FOR FUTURE USE
Fail! you should have already had it on standby!
By fonewear 2015-08-28 11:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways since the one thread was killed. What say you guys on that guy that killed people on live TV ?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-alleged-gunman-details-grievances-suicide-notes/story?id=33336339
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-28 11:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

As I check back and see I missed two pages already, it looks like Jassik succeeded in deflecting away from the racist murderer of two people into a broader discussion on racism and how we are all really racist. Kudos.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 11:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways since the one thread was killed. What say you guys on that guy that killed people on live TV ?

Source?

Confession: I haven't watched cable TV in about 5 years.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-28 11:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Source?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-alleged-gunman-details-grievances-suicide-notes/story?id=33336339

Happened the other day guy killed two people live on the air. Then later committed suicide. Pretty crazy stuff.
By fonewear 2015-08-28 11:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

He sent ABC news a long rambling thing about race war etc.

From above link:

“Why did I do it? I put down a deposit for a gun on 6/19/15. The Church shooting in Charleston happened on 6/17/15…”

Sources say Flanagan's firearm was legally purchased from a Virginia gun store.

“What sent me over the top was the church shooting. And my hollow point bullets have the victims’ initials on them."

Ex-Employee Caught in Connection to On-Air Shooting

Alison Parker and Adam Ward, Slain Virginia Reporter and Cameraman, 'Did Great Work Every Day'

What We Know About Suspect Vester Lee Flanagan in Virginia On-Air Shooting

It is unclear whose initials he is referring to. He continues, “As for Dylann Roof? You (deleted)! You want a race war (deleted)? BRING IT THEN YOU WHITE …(deleted)!!!” He said Jehovah spoke to him, telling him to act.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-28 11:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

As I check back and see I missed two pages already, it looks like Jassik succeeded in deflecting away from the racist murderer of two people into a broader discussion on racism and how we are all really racist. Kudos.

Guy was racist. How exactly does one black guy killing two news reporters change the needle on American politics again? We're content with letting the bodies pile up either way because muh guns. If you've been playing massacre bingo, you're not safe anywhere.

Whites still hold the majority of power and the all star kill record on serial killings and mass murders if I should be so crass.

Do you feel better that it wasn't a white guy or something? Perhaps we should push some women into mass murder. Even up the score yaknow. Feminism all the things. Bonus points if she's a Latina with machetes and a grudge against immigration bashing.

Lets dial this somebitch up to 11. Make her shout out 'Univision!' before decapitating two innocent white bystanders. Or should we make them Asian for more twists than a Shyamalan flick? Gotta stay inclusive you know.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-28 11:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Guy was racist. How exactly does one black guy killing two news reporters change the needle on American politics again? We're content with letting the bodies pile up either way because muh guns.

Whites still hold the majority of power and the all star kill record on serial killings and mass murders if I should be so crass.

Do you feel better that it wasn't a white guy or something? Perhaps we should push some women into mass murder. Even up the score yaknow. Bonus points if she's a Latina with machetes and a grudge against immigration bashing.

Lets dial this somebitch up to 11. Make her shout out Univision before decapitating two innocent white bystanders. Or should we make them Asian for more twists than a Shyamalan flick.

To answer your questions yes bring on the race war. I've been saving up ammo for years !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-28 11:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

That's where the "institutional" part comes in. Racism is a major factor in how generations of black people have ended up poor and ignorant. And a large portion of society uses that to their advantage.
Again, for racism to exist, you have to prove that a group of people are targeting another group of people based solely or primary on their color of skin or ethnic background.

Nobody has proven that. All Jassik has proven is institutionalized poverty-targeting. Nothing more.

Uh, no, I am not calling anyone anything. Biases exist within everyone. You will always have biases when things are different. It's being aware of them that's key.
Biases exist when you allow them to exist. I don't allow biases to exist, unless you want to consider me biased towards the human race, as I prefer humans to be my slaves workers over anything else in the animal kingdom.

I haven't accused them of anything... disparity means when things are different. More banks in white neighborhoods, more short-term lenders in black neighborhoods. I can't tell if you're being obtuse or purposefully using the narrowest possible meaning of words just because they're coming from me. Either way, I'm done.
So, back to personal attacks again?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 11:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Source?

Happened the other day guy killed two people live on the air. Then later committed suicide. Pretty crazy stuff.

Yeah, we've been over this more than a few times... Everyone wants this to be a thing. White guy kills black people for racist reasons and it's ambiguous, black guy kills white people for racist reasons and there's no question. Move on...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-28 11:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you were talking about racism. I figured we could solve racism by page 880. We can do it.

I think the races are tied. It's hard to keep track if whites or blacks are winning though.

I'll have to check my liberal sources to see the score.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-28 11:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Guy was racist. How exactly does one black guy killing two news reporters change the needle on American politics again? We're content with letting the bodies pile up either way because muh guns.

Do you feel better that it wasn't a white guy or something? Perhaps we should push some women into mass murder. Even up the score yaknow. Bonus points if she's a Latina with machetes and a grudge against immigration bashing.

Lets dial this somebitch up to 11. Make her shout out Univision before decapitating two innocent white bystanders. Or should we make them Asian for more twists than a Shyamalan flick.

To answer your questions yes bring on the race war. I've been saving up ammo for years !

America couldn't even beat some Iraqi insurgents. What chance do they stand against the full force of Mexico nipping at their heels?

We'll flood the Southwest with more Home Depot guys than your guns or ammo could ever hope to cut down. You need some help finishing that deck? Or installing those fixtures? And that's before we bring in our trained, battle-hardened black shocktroopers. One 6'4 black guy could probably take down 20-40 neckbeards in one fell swoop while sending the women and children running for the hills.

I haven't even mentioned our secret women, the Japanese women. Just one deadly siren could probably turn an entire town of white guys against eachother. Who wants the pretty asian lady? FIGHT IT OUT.

We're even in negotiations to bring on board those Indian guys who run every call center. How could you hope to go up against the forces of 'did you plug it out and plug it back in?' or 'you need to reformat that'???
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-28 11:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry when Trump wins in 2016 we will keep those pesky illegals out !
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 11:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Biases exist when you allow them to exist. I don't allow biases to exist, unless you want to consider me biased towards the human race, as I prefer humans to be my slaves workers over anything else in the animal kingdom.

Biases ALWAYS exist where things are different. It's hardcoded into the human psyche. You see a guy in a suit walking at night, he's probably having car trouble, you see a guy in baggy jeans, he's probably up to something, etc.

So, back to personal attacks again?

I'm not taking the bait, move on.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-28 11:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured we could solve racism by page 880. We can do it.
The solution to end racism has already been proposed. Some people seem to think it's too hard to do it at a personal level and are content with being racist themselves, even though they demand the end of racism for all other people besides themselves.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-28 11:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Hillary can end racism. I mean she is white but she knows what it is like to be dead broke ! And I'm sure she has at least one black friend.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-28 11:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Biases ALWAYS exist where things are different. It's hardcoded into the human psyche. You see a guy in a suit walking at night, he's probably having car trouble, you see a guy in baggy jeans, he's probably up to something, etc.
If you say so.

Both cases, historically, I have lent aid to both people, as they are, you know, human beings who look like they are in trouble.

Number of times I have been robbed in my lifetime: 0.

I'm not saying that people won't rob you regardless, it's just that it is very unlikely for a person to rob you when they have a temporary bind (such as car trouble) than they are when they have a more permanent bind (such as their own life choices).
First Page 2 3 ... 878 879 880 ... 1375 1376 1377