Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 472 473 474 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-04-02 10:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You just stated the founding principles of feminism. He doesn't like me...cause I'm (whatever) let's form a group of women scorned to stick it to men !
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-04-02 10:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

And the Chaosx + Fonewear tea party continues.
By fonewear 2015-04-02 10:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

A new challenger appears !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-02 10:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

One of my favorite arguments in real life is pointing out hypocrisy with liberals.

Those people who love to brag about how we need to help the poor and so whenever something happens, like food stamps get cut for example, they start foaming at the mouth. I tell them just donate some food to the local pantry, they have one in every town. They get all mad at the fact that politicians are screwing the poor over because taxes aren't being raising, yet they can't be bothered to donate any of their own time and money to their local poor population.

It goes way over their head. They rather have a side or team to route for and pay taxes that just gets sucked up by bureaucrats rather than take a few minutes out of their lives and actually make a difference. It's quite sickening when I really think about it.

It let's me know that they really don't give a ***.

They're usually the same ones who mock churches, yet churches are cooking food for the poor all the time. People spent their time actually cooking and serving the poor with real food, not just a flimsy promise sprinkled with some hope. Then when nothing happens they have an excuse or somebody to blame. People love to blame somebody else for their own ineptitude.

But *** them cause they believe in a make believe deity.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 10:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The basics of being a liberal is feeling over thinking.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-02 10:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-02 10:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You clearly caused the drought in CA haters!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 10:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I got an idea I'm going to build a city in a desert then *** about not having enough water !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-02 11:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't aware the Mayans burned coal and oil, lol.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-02 11:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
One of my favorite arguments in real life is pointing out hypocrisy with liberals.

Those people who love to brag about how we need to help the poor and so whenever something happens, like food stamps get cut for example, they start foaming at the mouth. I tell them just donate some food to the local pantry, they have one in every town. They get all mad at the fact that politicians are screwing the poor over because taxes aren't being raising, yet they can't be bothered to donate any of their own time and money to their local poor population.

It goes way over their head. They rather have a side or team to route for and pay taxes that just gets sucked up by bureaucrats rather than take a few minutes out of their lives and actually make a difference. It's quite sickening when I really think about it.

They're usually the same ones who mock churches, yet churches are cooking food for the poor all the time. People spent their time actually cooking and serving the poor with real food, not just a flimsy promise sprinkled with some hope. Then when nothing happens they have an excuse or somebody to blame. People love to blame somebody else for their own ineptitude.

Being liberal is the cowards way out. You don't have to do anything for that sense of self gratification, except have the right thoughts.

#feedthepoor
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-02 11:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That time was weather, this time it's climate.
By fonewear 2015-04-02 11:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You have no idea how advanced they Mayans were. They had Broadband internet while you struggled with dial up !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-02 11:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You act like churches are the only ones to do this... and that no liberal has ever lifted a finger for charity.

You'd be wrong. Very very wrong.

Some churches do an immense amount of work for the community and did you know that not only members of the church but anyone who wishes to volunteer can?

There are also an abundance of service programs that have been started without the help of a church and encompass both liberal and conservative members.

Every religious person is not out there donating time, money or food to the cause even if their parish supports it. Not every liberal is out there complaining about what is or isn't being done and then doing nothing about it themselves.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-04-02 11:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Droughts can be caused by multiple factors. Shocking, I know.
By fonewear 2015-04-02 11:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet the drought was caused by all those damn people driving their SUV's !

Wait this is CA they all drive hybrids my bad !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-02 11:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

You act like churches are the only ones to do this... and that no liberal has ever lifted a finger for charity.

You'd be wrong. Very very wrong.

Some churches do an immense amount of work for the community and did you know that not only members of the church but anyone who wishes to volunteer can?

There are also an abundance of service programs that have been started without the help of a church and encompass both liberal and conservative members.

Every religious person is not out there donating time, money or food to the cause even if their parish supports it. Not every liberal is out there complaining about what is or isn't being done and then doing nothing about it themselves.
Sorry forgot to clarify, this is anecdotal evidence, as was stated in the beginning sentence.

I've never met a liberal, or let's say someone who keeps on supporting the Democrats over any Republican, actually lift a finger.

Maybe they exist, there is that possibility, but I never witnessed it.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 11:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only been around liberals at Starbucks so...basically the most hypocritical group of people ever !

I just hope they don't find out I'm not part of the "team" you don't want to know what they do to outsiders...
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-02 11:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

A few years ago I went to visit a hippie friend from college. Still looked like a hippie, but was all about bashing republicans and all the stuff I said before. He had a couple of roommates who I thought were all in the same boat. We'd talk politics a lot. Then one day I found out one of his roommates donated a lot of his time to youth sports for inner city kids in poverty.

Wow I thought. Not only are all these people working a lot each day, but one of them actually does something to help other people with his spare time. A few months later after hanging out with these people I start talking about gold and silver, when prices started to drop. He was interested in buying some with me. Neat.

So when I went to delivery his gold and silver, one of his friends came by as well with a bunch of old guns to give to him. I thought wow, I didn't know you collected guns. You didn't seem like the type with all this talk of gun control going on.

He said, well technically, I'm a registered Republican. At which time he told me he was going on vacation with his new girlfriend to Russia. That's also where I got the idea to go work there (when he came back) as my job had no room for advancement and raises were a thing of the past.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-02 11:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I could go on about how the hippie was in a union and eventually started bragging about how little work he did vs how much he got paid, but we've already done that.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 11:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I've only been around liberals at Starbucks so...basically the most hypocritical group of people ever !

I just hope they don't find out I'm not part of the "team" you don't want to know what they do to outsiders...

Starbucks is equal opportunity overpriced coffee for all demographics.

At least around here.
By fonewear 2015-04-02 11:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Changing topics a bit: My one friend decided to become an Atheist not too long ago. I don't really care either way, however, I do care that he shits up with my Facebook page with his "non beliefs". For someone that doesn't believe in God he preaches to me and others a lot...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-02 11:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Changing topics a bit: My one friend decided to become an Atheist not too long ago. I don't really care either way, however, I do care that he shits up with my Facebook page with his "non beliefs". For someone that doesn't believe in God he preaches to me and others a lot...
I used to be like that, until I realized how annoying it was.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 11:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally just told him flat out your an Atheist you don't need to tell me every day lol

He is a okay guy just a bit much.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 11:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I could go on about how the hippie was in a union and eventually started bragging about how little work he did vs how much he got paid, but we've already done that.

Probably doesn't make you feel any better, but I'm in a union (as I'm fairly sure we've established or assumed at this point) and I admonish people who do that harshly.

But I also believe you can have work ethic and protections at the same time.

I also give money to several non-profits and charities. Some of whom I don't even agree with all of their policies because I think they do good things in spite of those views I disagree with.

I admittedly give little of my own time, but hey. We're all greedy somehow, I guess, and there just aren't enough hours in my day. =\
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 11:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Converts are almost always the worst. Because something big changed their mind, and they believe (or disbelieve) very, very hard.

I've been guilty of it in the past; I try my best not to initiate these exchangse, but push God on me once and I'll push back with like five times as much anti-religion sentiment.

And I am as described. I was raised to be a good Catholic boy. But once I realized it all was a bunch of hooey, it was game on.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 11:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I donate to Goodwill I'm not sure what their political beliefs are but they do help people with clothes and the like.

I know it isn't a necessity but I plan on donating my Xbox 360 and all the games to someone that might not be able to afford it otherwise.

Better than to Gamestop where they will rip off the costumer...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-02 11:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I help people, but only very rarely with money.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 11:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I donate to Goodwill I'm not sure what their political beliefs are but they do help people with clothes and the like.

They're not above criticism for some of their practices but the bottom line is that they do help many people. I don't personally give them money, but I will donate serviceable used goods there.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 11:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I help people, but only very rarely with money.

I like to give hobos money. I'd want someone to buy me a drink if I was in a bad way.

But only for booze!

If they spend in on smack, I won't give again!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 11:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hope whoever gets my 360 it doesn't red ring like the ones I've had in the past.
First Page 2 3 ... 472 473 474 ... 1375 1376 1377