Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1260 1261 1262 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-12 12:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not so sure. Your bias is definitely leaking.

Trumps base is mostly white, working or working poor living in rural areas devastated by years of transition from manufacturing to a service economy. Trumps anger, righteous indignation, no-filter brashness and belief that might makes right resonates with a disenfranchised group who believe they're entitled to a better America. These types basically transpose their ego onto Trumps and live through him because they lack power.

The reality is that the 'better America' ship has sailed and they were expendable. Such is the way of business for better or worse.

Sanders base is also mostly white underemployed or college age urbanites who believe that their futures remain in limbo due to the shift away from college degrees being worth a damn to highly skilled positions (that also require post-grad ed) they cannot occupy yet. In the mind of most of these people a dead end job, middling wages and the looming college debt anchor is a threat to their ever being able to live a comfortable life.

Enter Sanders, man of the people who resonates with their direct issues. The fact that he doesn't run from the racial debate, is willing to engage the youth in an unpatronizing manner, is liberal on social issues and talks about America rather than corporate America is the reason for his relevance in the first place.

Both groups are similar but distinctly different. When all is said and done, they want (roughly) the same thing just how we get there is the fight.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-12 12:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a firm believer that everyone wants to work but you also tend to know when you're being bent over and it shows.

If you aren't being paid a living wage, it's a real drag on many other parts of your life. Just try it and find out.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-12 12:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

We can't have an unattractive woman in the white house it sets a bad example for other women.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-12 12:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Nobody cares what their wife looks like. Attacking people on their age/look is just low.

Known strategy of people unhappy with themselves. Otherwise known as the saltine express. Most Americans would kill to be married 27 years straight and actually enjoy it.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-12 12:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Knock off the insulty ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-12 12:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Michelle Obama's forearms scare Americans every night. She might be under the bed, waiting to force you to eat healthy!

Look at them. Even Elmo is humbled by such a show of American power. #makeamericafitagain
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-12 12:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Michelle Obama's forearms scare Americans every night. She might be under the bed, waiting to force you to eat healthy!

Kale... Quinoa... Does the madness ever end?!?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-12 12:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
How are Trump supporters "realistic?" None of his ideas are feasible. You have seen his tax plan you know its never going to happen. So what are Trump supporters being realistic about?
A lot of things promised by Trump are unrealistic at best (lunatic could be used for some things).

That's not where he gets his popularity from.

Trump's popularity stems from Trump not being a politician. He promises changes to the governmental system, and his rhetoric states as such.

Sanders, however, is the same tired shill you would expect from a lifetime politician, promises a bunch of free stuff with no way of paying for it. Kindof the opposite end of the Iraq War liberals love to complain about.

But that doesn't explain how his supporters are "realistic." His ideas are fanatical, and he can't explain how he will accomplish any of them, but his supporters are "realistic?" How?
By fonewear 2016-02-12 12:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Insert joke that offends women here.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-12 12:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Realistic because they buy wholesale P.T Barnum level ***.

Wall across Mexico?
Forcing a foreign government to pay for a public works project? Branding people Muslims and barring entry?
(I guess those Muslim businessmen will have to Skype.)
Leave it to me tax plans?
We'll crush ISIS somehow?
Deport every single illegal?

"Realistic" right.

The scariest part of Trump supporters are how much hatred they carry around on a daily basis. Is the definition of white really distilled down to 'not brown' in the minds of these maniacs?

Worse still is the lasting damage to Republicans as a brand. It's a party that actively hates non-whites to the point where even the indifferent or racially neutral folk are just facepalming and playing damage control hoping for the shitstorm to blow over. Except it never does.

Remember when Trump straight up insulted Jebs wife for being Hispanic? Classy. Or women for periods? Class. Pretty much the only race not ***on are Asians and thats because the only time Asians get brought up are when we're talking about how evil China is.

Meanwhile, same pols are investing hard in China. Politics. Gotta love playing the masses like a damn fiddle.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-12 12:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's 2016 it's a brave new world banning things is in vogue.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-12 12:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing wrong with Bernie's wife.
By fonewear 2016-02-12 12:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we should ban all things then we won't offend anyone !

I'm tired of walking about being offended.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-12 12:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not so sure. Your bias is definitely leaking.

Trumps base is mostly white, working or working poor living in rural areas devastated by years of transition from manufacturing to a service economy. Trumps anger, righteous indignation, no-filter brashness and belief that might makes right resonates with a disenfranchised group who believe they're entitled to a better America. These types basically transpose their ego onto Trumps and live through him because they lack power.

The reality is that the 'better America' ship has sailed and they were expendable. Such is the way of business for better or worse.

Sanders base is also mostly white underemployed or college age urbanites who believe that their futures remain in limbo due to the shift away from college degrees being worth a damn to highly skilled positions (that also require post-grad ed) they cannot occupy yet. In the mind of most of these people a dead end job, middling wages and the looming college debt anchor is a threat to their ever being able to live a comfortable life.

Enter Sanders, man of the people who resonates with their direct issues. The fact that he doesn't run from the racial debate, is willing to engage the youth in an unpatronizing manner, is liberal on social issues and talks about America rather than corporate America is the reason for his relevance in the first place.

Both groups are similar but distinctly different. When all is said and done, they want (roughly) the same thing just how we get there is the fight.
Your bias is showing also. Just saying.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-12 12:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to alarm anyone but you might be white if you are reading this sentence !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-12 12:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

How are Trump supporters "realistic?" None of his ideas are feasible. You have seen his tax plan you know its never going to happen. So what are Trump supporters being realistic about?
A lot of things promised by Trump are unrealistic at best (lunatic could be used for some things).

That's not where he gets his popularity from.

Trump's popularity stems from Trump not being a politician. He promises changes to the governmental system, and his rhetoric states as such.

Sanders, however, is the same tired shill you would expect from a lifetime politician, promises a bunch of free stuff with no way of paying for it. Kindof the opposite end of the Iraq War liberals love to complain about.

But that doesn't explain how his supporters are "realistic." His ideas are fanatical, and he can't explain how he will accomplish any of them, but his supporters are "realistic?" How?
Realistic knowing that he won't make any of his promises possible.

Trump's promises are so far out there that they are unattainable.

Sander's promises are wishful thinking. Unfortunately, some people think that everything in life should be free*.

*Free until they have to pay for it, one way or another.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-12 12:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The scariest part of Trump supporters are how much hatred they carry around on a daily basis. Is the definition of white really distilled down to 'not brown' in the minds of these maniacs?

Worse still is the lasting damage to Republicans as a brand. It's a party that actively hates non-whites to the point where even the indifferent or racially neutral folk are just facepalming and playing damage control hoping for the shitstorm to blow over. Except it never does.
Only if you listen to MSN or HuffPost.

Remember when Trump straight up insulted Jebs wife for being Hispanic? Classy. Or women for periods? Class. Pretty much the only race not ***on are Asians and thats because the only time Asians get brought up are when we're talking about how evil China is.
Except that Trump is an ***, and has made his living being an ***.

Are you going to label every Republican based on one person? Oh wait, you already did.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-12 12:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Only if you listen to MSN or HuffPost.

Except that Trump is an ***, and has made his living being an ***.

Are you going to label every Republican based on one person? Oh wait, you already did.

Because Republicans aren't on the horn speaking about how Trump is *** up the brand?

He's only continuing a pattern that's been seeded by other pols that Hispanics are bad, blacks are lazy, Muslims are everywhere trying infiltrate American society. The party isn't inclusive enough, doesn't even try to attract minority groups and is aging out.

This isn't my critcism, it's a critcism of Republicans within the party.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-02-12 12:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Insert joke that offends women here.

^
My nomination for "most meta post of the year."
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-12 12:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Because Republicans aren't on the horn speaking about how Trump is *** up the brand?
They are, you just have to step away from MSN and HuffPost to see it.

He's only continuing a pattern that's been seeded by other pols that Hispanics are bad, blacks are lazy, Muslims are everywhere trying infiltrate American society. The party isn't inclusive enough, doesn't even try to attract minority groups and is aging out.

I say the exact same thing. But yet, you just said that Republican's aren't saying this.

Actually, I'm surprised on how out-of-touch you are. I mean, I basically said the exact same thing as above, several times, and very recently too, and I'm sure many other people stated the same thing around you, but you automatically attribute all Repubicans of having the same, Altima-style thinking.

I'm not Altima. Neither is Ravael, or Chaos, or....well ***, that's all of the non-extreme conservatives I can think of on this forum........
By Ramyrez 2016-02-12 12:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I say the exact same thing. But yet, you just said that Republican's aren't saying this.

Err. I got the distinct impression he was saying that.

Explaining how Trump isn't so much "Republican" as much as "a walking satire of America's hate."

If the goal with Trump was to make more Republicans look palatable, it's succeeded.

If it was to make Ted Cruz look more palatable, epic fail.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-12 12:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Err. I got the distinct impression he was saying that.

Explaining how Trump isn't so much "Republican" as much as "a walking satire of America's hate."

If the goal with Trump was to make more Republicans look palatable, it's succeeded.

If it was to make Ted Cruz look more palatable, epic fail.
I did not get that message. Sparth's posts feel more like an attack on Republicans as a whole instead of propping them up.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-12 12:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I did not get that message. Sparth's posts feel more like an attack on Republicans as a whole instead of propping them up.

Except it wasn't.

Republicans ARE speaking out about Trump but the reality is that his ascent is a product of the coddled hate they've stoked over the years for their own benefit. It's ok to jab at the blacks, but not too much. It's ok to blame hispanics but not too much. Talk hard about Muslims but say it a certain way. A way to later talk back what you said.

It's like a fire that's now loosed itself from your control and is burning ***down. It's been that way before Trump but now he's co-opted the machine and threatens to damage the brand by being the frontrunner.

Trump's not a Republican. Trump is Trump using Republican ideology to extremes much to the horror of insiders.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-12 12:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The party isn't inclusive enough, doesn't even try to attract minority groups and is aging out.

Just because we didn't invite you doesn't mean were aren't inclusive!!!

you can come next time, but you have to at least push an old lady down the stairs and take her money....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-12 12:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to tone down the hate a little there. If your message was truly about how:

Trump's not a Republican. Trump is Trump using Republican ideology to extremes much to the horror of insiders.

It goes off as all Republicans are evil.

Case in point:

Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-12 12:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

all Republicans are evil.

duh and/or hello
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-12 13:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
all Republicans are evil.

duh and/or hello
Evil is not exclusive to Republicans and/or conservatives.

Don't make me go Godwin on your ***!
By Ramyrez 2016-02-12 13:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
you can come next time, but you have to at least push an old lady down the stairs and take her money....

Extra points if it's a Kennedy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-12 13:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If you really think I believe Republicans are evil and Democrats are good....

>_>
First Page 2 3 ... 1260 1261 1262 ... 1375 1376 1377