What's The Top 5 Mythic's?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What's the top 5 Mythic's?
What's the top 5 Mythic's?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13
By Fasaga 2014-05-22 10:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
These ranking may change after the adjust WS stat boosts next month. Some of the Mythic WSs may get a good enough boost to use it almost fulltime, instead of using it for AM3 only, then switching over to a different WS while the AM3 is up.
This is a pretty good point, for some weapons (looking at liberator, ryun) this is already the case. Both liberator and ryun are already their respective jobs "best" weapon, with a push to their weaponskills the gap would widen even further.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-05-22 10:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the biggest thing I hate about 6man content is how much it has shoved drg back into a lol position in most cases. Even with ryuno, your damage is relatively pathetic unless you have more than a brd for buffs. /rant drakesbane attack penalty removal pls. I think I've used my ryuno only a handful of times since 119ing it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-05-22 11:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
The top mythic(s) to build are for the job(s) that you play the most on.

Why bother building a Nirvana if your SMN is level 0?

Why bother building a Yagrush if you don't play WHM often?

There is no "best" or "top" mythic, because it all depends on the play style of the player...

I thought OP already said DPS related mythic doesn't count? That leaves the majority of Mythic out.
Doesn't matter if it is used for DPS or for utility.

There really is not any "best" or "top" mythic because every player is different.

For example:

Players A, B, and C all have WAR, SMN, and WHM to 99, and are equally geared, except the jobs they play more, which is better geared.

Player A uses WAR more than SMN and WHM. He would not make a Yagrush over Conqueror, even though Yagrush would more than likely help his WHM more than a shiny new axe.

Player B uses SMN more than WAR. She would not make a Conqueror over a Nirvana, even though the Conqueror would put their damage output farther ahead and make their WAR top tier quicker.

Player C uses WHM more than SMN. He would not make a Nirvana over Yagrush, even though it would put their pets at the same level (or maybe greater) than Player B.

See my point yet?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-05-22 11:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
I'd venture to say it's maybe in the bottom 5 with Vajra, Liberator, and Gastraphetes.

wat

Liberator is awesome with /WAR. DRK doesn't get easy AM3 maintenance but Liberator is a powerful, powerful weapon (on paper at least).

Also, dragoon without Ryuno is worthless. Angon for 6/12 man isn't worth the dps that you lose by not bringing another mnonk or sam.

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Also, though it's true that Conqueror is a huge DPS boost for WAR, last time I looked at it WAR was not a very competitive DD without Conqueror. The job is slowly turning into Dragoon.

Sad, but very true at the moment. The only situation it has a chance to win is in high buff fights that last less than 3min, where the majority of your DPS is from SP1+2 and other DDs don't have a chance to catch up. Other than that, it falls behind really fast on anything else/doesn't have any weapon type gimmicks like SAM+MNK.

WAR should still be pretty good on Yorcia megaboss, ya? That's a fast fight where slashing gets a damage bonus. Our LS warrior hangs pretty well on that fight. It definitely says a lot about the state of the game right now; Adoulin has been more about DD utility than pure damage, and WAR seems to be suffering (along with DRK).
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-05-22 11:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The top mythic(s) to build are for the job(s) that you play the most on.

Why bother building a Nirvana if your SMN is level 0?

Why bother building a Yagrush if you don't play WHM often?

There is no "best" or "top" mythic, because it all depends on the play style of the player...

I thought OP already said DPS related mythic doesn't count? That leaves the majority of Mythic out.
Doesn't matter if it is used for DPS or for utility.

There really is not any "best" or "top" mythic because every player is different.

For example:

Players A, B, and C all have WAR, SMN, and WHM to 99, and are equally geared, except the jobs they play more, which is better geared.

Player A uses WAR more than SMN and WHM. He would not make a Yagrush over Conqueror, even though Yagrush would more than likely help his WHM more than a shiny new axe.

Player B uses SMN more than WAR. She would not make a Conqueror over a Nirvana, even though the Conqueror would put their damage output farther ahead and make their WAR top tier quicker.

Player C uses WHM more than SMN. He would not make a Nirvana over Yagrush, even though it would put their pets at the same level (or maybe greater) than Player B.

See my point yet?

If you want to play the "depend on player" card there are 0 reason to ever talk about "best setup" or DD/weapon hierarchy. I can say player X plays WAR better than 95% of SAM and his own SAM, thus he should gear WAR instead of SAM.

However, in a comparison discussion like this it's a discussion from objective POV. So we're assuming everyone loves/plays every job equally.

Since OP doesn't want to talk about DPS gain then Koga/Ryuno should be out.

That leaves WHM/BRD/RUN/GEO(if SoA job counts) having most job changing mythic, PLD having somewhat job changing mythic and everything else is either DPS increase or better for specific situation only.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-05-22 11:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fasaga said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
These ranking may change after the adjust WS stat boosts next month. Some of the Mythic WSs may get a good enough boost to use it almost fulltime, instead of using it for AM3 only, then switching over to a different WS while the AM3 is up.
This is a pretty good point, for some weapons (looking at liberator, ryun) this is already the case. Both liberator and ryun are already their respective jobs "best" weapon, with a push to their weaponskills the gap would widen even further.

God damn PUP and DRG are gonna be friggin' powerhouses after that update.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-05-22 12:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to play the "depend on player" card there are 0 reason to ever talk about "best setup" or DD/weapon hierarchy. I can say player X plays WAR better than 95% of SAM and his own SAM, thus he should gear WAR instead of SAM.

However, in a comparison discussion like this it's a discussion from objective POV. So we're assuming everyone loves/plays every job equally.

Since OP doesn't want to talk about DPS gain then Koga/Ryuno should be out.

That leaves WHM/BRD/RUN/GEO(if SoA job counts) having most job changing mythic, PLD having somewhat job changing mythic and everything else is either DPS increase or better for specific situation only.
That's why I keep saying that there is no real answer to this question.

Somebody can say that Murgleis is the best weapon or top weapon and be just as correct as another person saying that Nirvana, or Rhongomiant, or Yagrush, or whatever weapon they choose to be top.

It is especially correct when you take DPS out of the equation, because DPS is the main point in over half of the jobs out there. While having extra attack while using Berserk is nice, the whole point of having a Conqueror is to whack ***with it.
 Asura.Zizek
user: zizek
By Asura.Zizek 2014-05-22 12:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nagi so when you kill yourself for making a Nagi, it hurts less.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Giti
Server: Lakshmi
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2014-05-22 12:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

kkk kogar and Carnwen is what I have so far in that order. I dont know what my 4th mythic should be I alwsys say im not doing another one....thats working so good for me so far.
 Phoenix.Jurges
user: Jurges
By Phoenix.Jurges 2014-05-22 13:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Vajra... enough said. THF has a place in zergs. Just need to finish SA/TA job points. Fun times.

Edit: Great town gear. Plus you win all troll wars forever and ever.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-05-22 14:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryunohige may be one of the strongest weapons, but drg is one of the weakest jobs. It evens out to being average DD unless you have super zerg buffs. I'd rate koga high above ryuno, simply because sam will actually be useful for content.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
Server: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-05-22 14:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Dagget said: »
Most people would be surprised at the DPS increase from using a Glanzfaust over Relic/Empy. It's certainly on the same tier as Conq.

Especially on Higher level content such as Ouryu/VDAA/Tenzen.

I thought AM3 Glanz was only about 5% better than Vereth? Whereas AM3 Conq is something like 20%+ better than everything else WAR can use.

With a cor in high ratio situations its only slightly ahead.

Any time you don't have fighter's roll, have low attack, or have low accuracy it is significantly better.

WS averages on stuff like ouryu/tenzen/fulcrum etc, all greatly favour Ascetic's. Thats observed from a number of parses with equally well geared mnks using Spharai/Victory Smite.

As for top 5 Mythics, I would go by usefulness of job with the mythic:

1. Yagrush
2. Carn (people are massively undervaluing the extra uptime and you spend almost all your time with a +50% Minuet or Madrigal)
3. Koga (all around best DD in the game sans a few situations)
4. Glanz (mnk is generally the most practical DD choice)
5. Conq (war in a short 1hr zerg fight has no comparison)

Burt, KKK, Nirvana all elevate their given job in a way not other weapon can, but KKK or not PUP still doesn't become a real DD etc.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-05-22 14:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
WAR should still be pretty good on Yorcia megaboss, ya? That's a fast fight where slashing gets a damage bonus. Our LS warrior hangs pretty well on that fight. It definitely says a lot about the state of the game right now; Adoulin has been more about DD utility than pure damage, and WAR seems to be suffering (along with DRK).

Yes, but will lose by a fair amount on the 1-5 NMs. WAR will get completely trounced by an equally geared SAM, even on MB, where SAM's SP2 is extremely potent, even surpassing MS for WS damage numbers.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-05-22 14:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »
Carbuncle.Dagget said: »
Most people would be surprised at the DPS increase from using a Glanzfaust over Relic/Empy. It's certainly on the same tier as Conq.

Especially on Higher level content such as Ouryu/VDAA/Tenzen.

I thought AM3 Glanz was only about 5% better than Vereth? Whereas AM3 Conq is something like 20%+ better than everything else WAR can use.

With a cor in high ratio situations its only slightly ahead.

Any time you don't have fighter's roll, have low attack, or have low accuracy it is significantly better.

WS averages on stuff like ouryu/tenzen/fulcrum etc, all greatly favour Ascetic's. Thats observed from a number of parses with equally well geared mnks using Spharai/Victory Smite.

This actually makes a lot of sense. I've been triboxing Foret recently and have not even come close to matching your 33min clear posted on BG. Though it's still possible to clear, there's an obvious gap in kill speed with Vereth.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-05-22 15:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I've been trying as well and was amazed at the time. Def seems like a much worthwhile investment for mnk whenever you don't have a cor.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-05-22 15:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just need to 3box Yorcia, closest I've managed so far is Wopket to 8% in a run where I died from Mandy doom.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-05-22 16:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but will lose by a fair amount on the 1-5 NMs. WAR will get completely trounced by an equally geared SAM, even on MB, where SAM's SP2 is extremely potent, even surpassing MS for WS damage numbers.

Interesting. I don't have a Conq WAR to play with (LS WAR is in the process of building hers). I'm surprised that WAR SP1/SP2 aren't more of a bonus on the MB.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-22 16:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you can probably figure out why Brazen rush isn't going to do much for a conqueror AM3 WAR.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-05-22 17:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-05-22 17:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd venture to say it's maybe in the bottom 5 with Vajra, Liberator, and Gastraphetes.

wat

Liberator is awesome with /WAR. DRK doesn't get easy AM3 maintenance but Liberator is a powerful, powerful weapon (on paper at least).

Also, dragoon without Ryuno is worthless. Angon for 6/12 man isn't worth the dps that you lose by not bringing another mnonk or sam.

Why would liberator be better with /WAR exactly?

Apart from DRK/WAR being a relic of the VW era and having no place in the current end game, except for very short 1 off fights. The additional double attack from /WAR would be marginalised by AM3, and attack from berserk would be less beneficial than if you were using a GS with Resolution.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-05-23 14:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »

wat

Why would liberator be better with /WAR exactly?

Apart from DRK/WAR being a relic of the VW era and having no place in the current end game, except for very short 1 off fights. The additional double attack from /WAR would be marginalised by AM3, and attack from berserk would be less beneficial than if you were using a GS with Resolution.

Before I started Koga in January I played around with the idea of building a different 2hander mythic. Spreadsheeting a zerg-type situation with Liberator, it did extremely well, and (not an expert at DRK by any means) I always thought /WAR was more beneficial for high-buff/sub 3 minute fights compared to /SAM. Whether such a fight still exists in the game today in any relevant way is debatable but Liberator isn't a bad mythic IMO.

Edit: I'll have to play around with it /SAM and see what that looks like.
By Sieha1 2014-05-23 14:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Threads like this are always so... biased.

Everyone is going to have a different opinion based on how they feel is the best. There are some mythics that yes just plan suck. However about half of them are all good for their use.

This is like discussing if any of the drg emp armor is useful for rdm.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-05-23 14:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sieha1 said: »
Threads like this are always so... biased.

Everyone is going to have a different opinion based on how they feel is the best. There are some mythics that yes just plan suck. However about half of them are all good for their use.

This is like discussing if any of the drg emp armor is useful for rdm.

Still a good way to pass the time at work.
There was nothing more interestig going on in ffxiah at that time, neither at my work, so whatever.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-05-23 15:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Felgarr said: »
I've always used this list to determine "best":

http://www.ffxiah.com/relics/mythics

I just can't imagine this order would be wrong....
 Asura.Gabba
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Gabba 2014-05-23 15:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

A simple question for those who say Yagrush.

Scenario 1.
WHM, "best gear possible" w/o Mythic

Scenario 2.
WHM, Best gear possible w/ Mythic

End Game Fight.
Anything done w/ PLD and RNG army

Now what can do a Yagrush WHM over a non mythic in this case...?... nothing coz rng dont get even hit...

and atm, everything but Delve 2.0 tree, can be done w/ this setup...

but on topic,
not in order
KKK
Nirvana
Carnwenhan for lazy brds!
Ryu
Burtgang
 Siren.Kentai
Server: Siren
user: Kentai713
By Siren.Kentai 2014-05-23 15:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sieha1 said: »
Threads like this are always so... biased. Everyone is going to have a different opinion based on how they feel is the best. There are some mythics that yes just plan suck. However about half of them are all good for their use. This is like discussing if any of the drg emp armor is useful for rdm.

Yeah I agree. Although I've learned through this thread that apparently DRG isn't actually considered a DD unless they have mythic. The more you know... I guess lol
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-05-23 17:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gabba said: »
A simple question for those who say Yagrush.

Scenario 1.
WHM, "best gear possible" w/o Mythic

Scenario 2.
WHM, Best gear possible w/ Mythic

End Game Fight.
Anything done w/ PLD and RNG army

Now what can do a Yagrush WHM over a non mythic in this case...?... nothing coz rng dont get even hit...

and atm, everything but Delve 2.0 tree, can be done w/ this setup...

Most of the delve is done melee burn though. By your logic I can say KKK/Ryu/Nirvana isn't useful because you wanna PLD+RNG only!
 Asura.Felgarr
user: Felgarr
By Asura.Felgarr 2014-05-23 17:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

The most popular mythics certainly highlight their utility.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-05-23 18:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

The most popular mythics certainly highlight their utility.
You are the typical kind of player that cannot help but follow the masses in doing what they do the best: mistakes.

"Everyone is using Hauteclaire or at least want it, why on earth am I using Joyeuse and spamming Atonnement?" This is the kind of logic you're serving.

And then people wonder how in one sentence you can determine if a player is bad or not.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13