Mog Wardrode
 Bahamut.Demoncard
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Demoncard
By Bahamut.Demoncard 2014-05-01 16:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Good god, the meming, and misused images in this

I mean, uh, it's about time we got some more storage.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-05-01 16:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Everytime I hear "Mog Wardrobe" it reminds me of this official art work from 2004:

Yeah, I call BS.

Why would any Galka be a SMN? So they can run out of MP faster?

(back in 2004)
 Sylph.Shipp
Server: Sylph
user: Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2014-05-01 16:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jackieolivas said: »
It will come down to macro lines. Not everyone uses or even understands how to use Spellcast/Gearswap.
I still don't use either. What ever happened to good old macro txt docs?
By Pantafernando 2014-05-01 16:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Everytime I hear "Mog Wardrobe" it reminds me of this official art work from 2004:

Yeah, I call BS.

(back in 2004)

There is no mithra.
So, its fake.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-05-01 16:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

There's boobs though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eron
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Eron 2014-05-01 19:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jezzus said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Anyone else noticed that the title is spelled wrong?

Yes because that's the biggest thing wrong in the world...

[IMAGE]

Holy crap thats why i cant count to 15! I only have two hands!

Take of a shoe and use your toes.
 Ragnarok.Yatenkou
Server: Ragnarok
user: Yatenkou
By Ragnarok.Yatenkou 2014-05-02 07:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Presidentmerman said: »
Don't worry when Empy gear gets updated we can go back to complaining about inventory issues

Filthy liar.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-02 08:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kharlan said: »
Quote:
2. /macro set3 moves the macro line to set 3 within whatever book you are in.
15 swaps and a WS You can also do this !

Code
/gear
/macroset 2
/gear
/macroset 3
/ws 
/macroset 4
/TPGEAR
/macroset 5
/tpGEAR
/macroset 6
/tpGEAR
/macroset 1

I did this YEARS AGO on VW on Xbox and had no issues on SCH, BLU, and I was often better than most (Not gunna say perfect or the best but I was good.) and never had issues with gear swapping always been 70/80 ish on gear at least.

Whoa, never heard of this somehow. This is sick.

Your /gear, /TPGEAR, and /tpGEAR commands... those are just the actual names of the macros in that macro set?

lol no . . . .

TPgear was so I didn't have to type like ~ /equip body "name" 5 times >.>, use an autotrigger Controller though and you hit 7 ctrl1 fast enough to swap all the gear like you're a PC player.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-05-02 09:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Presidentmerman said: »
Don't worry when Empy gear gets updated we can go back to complaining about inventory issues

Not really, since reforged empyrean will likely be storable, most of the storage issues people have at the moment stem from augmented delve/skirmish gear, delve boss drops that can't be stored (Muling is obviously an option, but people shouldn't be forced to pay for a second account just to store gear on) and 22 JSE capes that for some unknown reason SE wont let us store.
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-05-02 09:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

No one else has noticed the title is misspelled?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-05-02 09:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Slowpoke
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-05-02 09:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kharlan
user: Kharlan
By Asura.Kharlan 2014-05-02 18:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kharlan said: »
Quote:
2. /macro set3 moves the macro line to set 3 within whatever book you are in.
15 swaps and a WS You can also do this !

Code
/gear
/macroset 2
/gear
/macroset 3
/ws 
/macroset 4
/TPGEAR
/macroset 5
/tpGEAR
/macroset 6
/tpGEAR
/macroset 1

I did this YEARS AGO on VW on Xbox and had no issues on SCH, BLU, and I was often better than most (Not gunna say perfect or the best but I was good.) and never had issues with gear swapping always been 70/80 ish on gear at least.

Whoa, never heard of this somehow. This is sick.

Your /gear, /TPGEAR, and /tpGEAR commands... those are just the actual names of the macros in that macro set?

lol no . . . .

TPgear was so I didn't have to type like ~ /equip body "name" 5 times >.>, use an autotrigger Controller though and you hit 7 ctrl1 fast enough to swap all the gear like you're a PC player.
LOL oh okay. I was gonna say, I've really been missing out.
 Sylph.Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2014-05-02 18:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
I do want to say that the only thing that consistently gave me inventory problems are item drops. People carry far too much hyper-situational stuff without considering whether it is worth it (my opinion, let's not argue if we dispute). I could manage to swap between two jobs with virtually no shared inventory quite quickly with latency being the biggest impediment.

What the game has really needed for years is some little junk drawer inventory for all the seals and crystals/geodes/etc. and craft mats to fall into.
Lol wut? I agree that some people carry way too much stuff for situational things that probably aren't going to happen (hello pdt gear when you aren't going to get hit), but playing mages is a royal pita with the current inventory limit. You are limited by MP, so you want to get the most out of it.

I have much more gear I need to carry on mage jobs than melee, because I don't have to constantly swap gear on melee. Sure, if I'm killing something rare on thf, I swap to TH gear, but other than that, I usually only swap it tp building sets and ws use sets. On BLM, SMN, BLU, SCH, and WHM, I'm constantly swapping out gear since I want fast cast for buffs, capped cure pot while I'm curing, the necessary stats on blu for physical spells, the correct elemental gear on BLM, etc.

I'm glad we're getting this, because it makes people playing mage jobs more capable. I've gotten to the point of only having 5 free inventory spaces lately, which could be bumped to around 15 if I'd store armor for WHM, THF, and BST, but I switch between them multiple times per day, so it's a waste of time to store and take out. I just hope it isn't half assed to where gear drops into your inventory when you equip it from the wardrobe instead of going back into the wardrobe when you swap back to other gear. If that happens, I don't see much use for this.
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-05-02 22:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shipp said: »
I do want to say that the only thing that consistently gave me inventory problems are item drops. People carry far too much hyper-situational stuff without considering whether it is worth it (my opinion, let's not argue if we dispute). I could manage to swap between two jobs with virtually no shared inventory quite quickly with latency being the biggest impediment.

What the game has really needed for years is some little junk drawer inventory for all the seals and crystals/geodes/etc. and craft mats to fall into.
Lol wut? I agree that some people carry way too much stuff for situational things that probably aren't going to happen (hello pdt gear when you aren't going to get hit), but playing mages is a royal pita with the current inventory limit. You are limited by MP, so you want to get the most out of it.

I have much more gear I need to carry on mage jobs than melee, because I don't have to constantly swap gear on melee. Sure, if I'm killing something rare on thf, I swap to TH gear, but other than that, I usually only swap it tp building sets and ws use sets. On BLM, SMN, BLU, SCH, and WHM, I'm constantly swapping out gear since I want fast cast for buffs, capped cure pot while I'm curing, the necessary stats on blu for physical spells, the correct elemental gear on BLM, etc.

I'm glad we're getting this, because it makes people playing mage jobs more capable. I've gotten to the point of only having 5 free inventory spaces lately, which could be bumped to around 15 if I'd store armor for WHM, THF, and BST, but I switch between them multiple times per day, so it's a waste of time to store and take out. I just hope it isn't half assed to where gear drops into your inventory when you equip it from the wardrobe instead of going back into the wardrobe when you swap back to other gear. If that happens, I don't see much use for this.

it wont allow ppl who play mage jobs more capable. the current 80 slots is enough to be capable of anything necessary, the additional space would just be a nice addition or convenience.

this will only eliminate the required brain power to appropriate sets to be equip-able at appropriate times.

ppl who arent doing so now, are going to be doing so after this. they never cared the last 10 years, they arent going to start now.

imo most ppl will just put their 1 most loved main job in wardrobe,
for example, a thf or logger can put gear in wardrobe, and use inventory to hold ore/logs/meds/helm/fishing gear/quest items. etc
so those who wanted log/ore/ninjitsu bags. this s.e answer to your request.

never having to worry about gear change and call it a day.

i personally carry 77~ slots on every job i equip,( yes even melee jobs) because i care to. so idealy my wardrobe will look like

delve sets = 15
skirmish sets = 25
common back/waist/acces/rings/earrings = 40ish

inventory will have slips gear. just need to pull slip gear and job change is done.

so now when i go out ill have 50 slots~ and never be full. and also i dont have to restructure my other bags. keeping important af out in them so i dont have to slip and autorun/change from one event to another.
 Sylph.Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2014-05-02 22:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »

it wont allow ppl who play mage jobs more capable. the current 80 slots is enough to be capable of anything necessary, the additional space would just be a nice addition or convenience.

this will only eliminate the required brain power to appropriate sets to be equip-able at appropriate times.

ppl who arent doing so now, are going to be doing so after this. they never cared the last 10 years, they arent going to start now.

for example, a thf or logger can put gear in wardrobe, and use inventory to hold ore/logs/meds/helm/fishing gear/quest items. etc

i personally carry 77~ slots on every job i equip,( yes even melee jobs) because i care to. so idealy my wardrobe will look like

delve sets = 15
skirmish sets = 25

inventory will have slips gear. just need to pull slip gear and job change is done.

so now when i go out ill have 50 slots~ and never be full. and also i dont have to restructure my other bags. keeping important af out in them so i dont have to slip and autorun/change from one event to another.
You know, I was wondering why you were on my blacklist the other day when I passed you outside of the western adoulin mh. Thanks for reminding me why.

I obviously wasn't talking about lazy players. I was talking about people who want to use the gear to perform as well as possible, but can't due to the inventory limit.
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-05-02 23:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

delve sets = 15
skirmish sets = 25

You know, I was wondering why you were on my blacklist the other day when I passed you outside of the western adoulin mh. Thanks for reminding me why.

I obviously wasn't talking about lazy players. I was talking about people who want to use the gear to perform as well as possible, but can't due to the inventory limit.

You know, its funny that you lead with that statement every time you address me in a post "You know, I was wondering why you were on my blacklist", i assumed you would say something like that.

I obviously wasnt talking about lazy players, i was talking about the majority of players who believe 80 slots is not enough to preform in this content. in an era where most dont gearswap more than 4 slots (if any) and those who do have access to a ***load of stat-vomited gear. there is no need to fight over slots, for .1 percent haste. doesnt take 10 pieces of gear to cap haste, get a decent amount of stp or defend yourself with 119 skirmish gear. you can cap pdt mdt mevasion, haste etc.

imo when you say perform as well as possible, its rather arbitrary.
after a certain point, youre gear wont help you perform better, ability will come into play. at that point, im sure the extra 80 slots wouldnt have made a difference.

as a mage, i can name a few situation where slots where not enough, however at the same time i could of remove alot of other gear i was not using.

hell, i guess it would be nice to not have to move obis, or magian staves for recast fastcast and prep cost.

or blue mage who able to obtain all necessary stat ring/neck/earrings etc for gearsets like str, str/acc, str/vit str/dex, dex, dex,mab, chr, int, mind, curepot, recast, macc, mab, macc/mab. sets etc etc etc etc etc up to like 10 more different sets.

if you have that dilemma, i dont think it was as unbearable to play your job(s) as you managed the last 10 years. to be that successfu at your job(s)
 Sylph.Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2014-05-02 23:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2014-05-05 20:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, This will be a nice permanent home for all of my earrings, rings, necks, belts, backs, ammunition, and weapon class items. Aside from the weapons, the accessory gear slots seem to be commonly the items with all jobs or quite a many jobs listed anyway. I assume people do what I do and make use of same items on many jobs no?

From there the only thing that I need to have in active inventory is my blinkable/skinlocked gear, and consumables (sans ammo.) This is actually a much better system for having consumables at the ready than the sack/satchel/bag.

Anyway this is neat. I do like the idea about having a "Junk bin" that has certain items already flagged or flaggable to auto drop into that set.

I have an odd storage structure in place at the moment, this is gonna make things much more stream lined from here on out for me.

Currently I have my weapons, subs, ranged, and ammo in my bag; my earrings and rings in my satchel; head, body, hands, and necks are in storage; and feet, legs, waist, backs are in my locker.

My ninja tool bags and various other consumables are stored in my sack, and stackable collectable loot like seals get stored in my satchel w/ my rings and earrings.

When I am fully geared on my ninja, I usually sit @ 79/80, leaving very little room for loot. I imagine I have lost out on at least a million gil's worth of drops that I just had no room for, over the course of 10 years.

I brought all of that gear to the event, sorted, macroed, and designed to perform my best so that my team members would not be let down. Not to stroke epeen, or try and make my mages go nuts at my blinking, only reason was to make sure I pulled my weight as best as I could.

The shitty thing is, after playing for so long and being so close to always full on inventory, I have developed a bit of an OCD behavior of constantly scanning my inventory to groom it as best as possible while waiting on timers or pulls. Sucks having to try and run through a smooth salvage run when you are 78/80 the whole time.

This system is more than welcome.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-06 14:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

delve sets = 15
skirmish sets = 25

You know, its funny that you lead with that statement every time you address me in a post "You know, I was wondering why you were on my blacklist", i assumed you would say something like that.

I obviously wasnt talking about lazy players, i was talking about the majority of players who believe 80 slots is not enough to preform in this content. in an era where most dont gearswap more than 4 slots (if any) and those who do have access to a ***load of stat-vomited gear. there is no need to fight over slots, for .1 percent haste. doesnt take 10 pieces of gear to cap haste, get a decent amount of stp or defend yourself with 119 skirmish gear. you can cap pdt mdt mevasion, haste etc.

imo when you say perform as well as possible, its rather arbitrary.
after a certain point, youre gear wont help you perform better, ability will come into play. at that point, im sure the extra 80 slots wouldnt have made a difference.

as a mage, i can name a few situation where slots where not enough, however at the same time i could of remove alot of other gear i was not using.

hell, i guess it would be nice to not have to move obis, or magian staves for recast fastcast and prep cost.

or blue mage who able to obtain all necessary stat ring/neck/earrings etc for gearsets like str, str/acc, str/vit str/dex, dex, dex,mab, chr, int, mind, curepot, recast, macc, mab, macc/mab. sets etc etc etc etc etc up to like 10 more different sets.

if you have that dilemma, i dont think it was as unbearable to play your job(s) as you managed the last 10 years. to be that successfu at your job(s)

a lot of people have the misconception with blu that you need stat gear for every spell, there is literally no reason to carry casting sets for spells you set only for traits or never cast. carry the gear for the spells you will actually cast and your melee sets, and you can always fit it in 80 slots.
 Fenrir.Thandar
Server: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2014-05-06 16:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Yeah, I call BS.

(back in 2004)

There is no mithra.
So, its fake.

That is probably because SE doesn't want to fetishize Mithras anymore than they already are.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-06 16:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to sure I agree on the "you can fit it all in 80" part but you certainly don't need every set all the time and I recon 90 would more than enough for me.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-05-06 16:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to sure I agree on the "you can fit it all in 80" part but you certainly don't need every set all the time and I recon 90 would more than enough for me.
Right up 'til you have 90, then you'll claim you need 100.

And I missed your comment earlier, Shippou, but I played both mage and melee jobs. Actually, I tended to have more situational gear for my melee jobs than my mage jobs, but it really doesn't make a difference. There are always items that can be easily pruned, but, damnit, I needed that extra 10 Evasion on Dodge even though I almost never used that JA! Same principle applies for making sure you have that Noctohelix set on hand for the one time a month that you cast it.
 Sylph.Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2014-05-06 17:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Right up 'til you have 90, then you'll claim you need 100.

And I missed your comment earlier, Shippou, but I played both mage and melee jobs. Actually, I tended to have more situational gear for my melee jobs than my mage jobs, but it really doesn't make a difference. There are always items that can be easily pruned, but, damnit, I needed that extra 10 Evasion on Dodge even though I almost never used that JA! Same principle applies for making sure you have that Noctohelix set on hand for the one time a month that you cast it.
I agree for stuff like that, no it's not necessary. Just depends on where you draw the line at min maxing, really. If I play blu and have both physical and magic damage spells set, and intend to use both, I don't really want to be casting nukes at half capacity. Obviously if they're just being set for traits I'm not carrying gear for that once-a-blue-moon cast.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-06 17:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I see where you're coming from, and yes you can limit yourself by only bringing sets you need for certain events, that said, it would be much more convenient to have all your sets at all times.

The only job I could actually think of needing all my sets for is BLU and only when I /run for the MAB sets for Lunge and whether I need to bring different weapons for various Damage types etc.

But I suppose when I actually look at my gear its only really 72 ish, and a few temps / linkshell etc I would just like to have other temp items on me, with more accessibility which I feel is what this update really brings to the table.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-06 17:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It all depends on what gear you have, obviously. If you have Dring or good augments on skirmish gear you don't need to carry other -DT pieces, same goes for a lot of slots. I don't bother carrying idle-refresh gear aside from AF body if I'm going as a DD, that's 2-3 slots you're saving. IF you're DD'ing, you're not casting, and if you have Tizona, you probably don't even need to set a refresh spell. If you're fighting something that requires an accuracy set or hybrid set, you can leave stuff like Thaumas in your sack, etc.

You won't be able to carry everything you could possibly need, but you have to pay attention to what you're going to be fighting when deciding what gear to bring. All total, i have probably 140 pieces of gear I regularly use on BLU, but I have never needed ALL of them for any given purpose.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-05-06 17:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

But I suppose when I actually look at my gear its only really 72 ish, and a few temps / linkshell etc I would just like to have other temp items on me, with more accessibility which I feel is what this update really brings to the table.
I wish they'd make linkpearls a menu item instead of inventory clutter. Make the trade-able item an item that you use once to add that 'shell to your menu.