Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 154 155 156
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-25 12:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

With enough support SAM can cap hit rate just like any other DD on Maju. Whether it's "worth it" is up to the player, though. I'm of the type that would rather just hop on BLU for something like that to both not require a real tank filling a slot and not need 1 hours on every fight.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-06-25 13:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

btw, valorous mail is a very good alternative to ryuo domaru +1 and rao togi +1. if you feel like dealing with augment hell i would actually recommend it over both

stat breakdown:

Ryuo (A): 40 STR 36 DEX 57 Acc 37 Atk 5 Crit
Rao (A): 28 STR 25 DEX 46 Acc 36 Atk 5 DA
Rao (B): 40 STR 37 DEX 34 Acc 56 Atk 5 DA
Valorous Mail: 29 STR 29 DEX 58 Acc 24 Atk 6 DA 3 STP

Relative Max/Min stats:

Ryuo: -1 DEX, -1 Acc, +1 ATK, +5 Crit, -6DA, -3 STP
Rao (A): -12 STR, -12 DEX, -11 Acc, -1 Atk, -1 DA, -5 Crit, -3 STP
Rao (B): +1 DEX, -24 Acc, +19 Atk, -1 DA, -3 STP
Mail: -11 STR, -8 DEX, +1 Acc, -32 Atk, +1 DA, +3 STP
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-06-25 23:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently "came back" to the game and have been looking for upgrades to my high acc set (because the other sets seem to be even more of a headache), but I'm lost as to what I can get and what I can't.

My current set is:

ItemSet 344424

Based on what I can read here, the Valorous set is a good upgrade (I wasn't able to obtain any abjuration for Ryuo/Rao during the campaign).
However, I'm pretty limited as I can mostly only solo stuff, with trusts. I have PLD available and will most likely try to gear BLU, but I'm still limited to soloing with trusts even with those.

What are the easily obtainable upgrades, solo? If I'm stuck and no upgrade can be soloed, what are the servers offering enough activity for me to join groups at EU times?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-06-25 23:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade Cape with DEX, Acc, STP should be easy to solo. It'll just take a while. Valorous Mask, Arean Abjuration: Hands (Ryuo) are both really easy to farm, Grove Abjuration: Feet (Rao) should also be fairly simple and can hold you over until Valorous Greaves. However, on a lot of servers, the HQ feet are like ~10M and are well worth the investment as they have 43 Accuracy and 38 DEX.

You'll also want to look into farming Warders for Combantants Torque, Ramuh Ring +1s.
By Draylo 2016-06-25 23:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Got kParser working

Can you share? :)
 Asura.Fiasko
Server: Asura
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-06-25 23:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Got kParser working

Seconded
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-06-25 23:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I've already started Ambuscade, I'll keep at it.
Voodoo Sune-ate are 25M last listed on Cerberus, though. I have yet to establish a money making way, so right now I can only pay for either the rings or the Sune-ate. I wish the difference with NQ wasn't so big.

Can warder's be soloed this way? If so, I'll do it after farming the first group of things you listed.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-06-25 23:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of them should be easy enough, to my knowledge. You might run into problems with Prudence (sleepable) and Love though.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-06-25 23:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

All right, thanks, I'll see all of that soon.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-26 00:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Got kParser working

I just downloaded the latest version in this thread and input the latest memloc. I copied the "modified sources" stuff and threw it in the folder with the kparser app. I also unloaded my timestamp addon. It doesn't seem perfect, though. It looks like it couldn't keep up with accurate information when I tried doing the test with capped magic haste since it was reporting a 11% multi-attack rate after a few hundred samples which was obviously nowhere close to correct (could have been an error on my part in some way, but I don't vividly remember) so I did the test without any magic haste and watched it myself for a short time to see if it was displaying accurate information before letting it go unsupervised.
 Asura.Reidden
user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2016-06-26 10:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Conagh's troll *** use to be able to fix kparser. Light the signal.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-06-26 11:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I tried Sang Buaya, I got smashed both on PLD and on SAM. He one shotted me on PLD when I was at 100%, but I wasn't doing enough damage so I would have timed out. On SAM, I was doing enough damage but trusts got *** up by Tyrant Tusk (Gessho, Valaineral).

I'll try Bia/Wasserspeier later on today. I noticed that my trusts do not have as much HP/MP as the people I saw soloing Sang Buaya on Youtube, maybe I'm missing something, somewhere.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-06-26 11:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an event they do periodically that grants +50% max hp/mp and a significant enfeebling resistance to trusts.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-06-26 11:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This explains that, I guess.

At least I can farm Ambuscade *cough*
By Afania 2016-06-26 11:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Well, I tried Sang Buaya, I got smashed both on PLD and on SAM. He one shotted me on PLD when I was at 100%, but I wasn't doing enough damage so I would have timed out. On SAM, I was doing enough damage but trusts got *** up by Tyrant Tusk (Gessho, Valaineral).

I'll try Bia/Wasserspeier later on today. I noticed that my trusts do not have as much HP/MP as the people I saw soloing Sang Buaya on Youtube, maybe I'm missing something, somewhere.

Are you missing hp and mp vorseals? Not all YouTube solo vid are done during trust campaign.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-06-26 12:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It may actually be that, then. I pretty much went vanilla, no buff whatsoever outside of what trusts can provide.

I will look into that as I unlock some JPs (that might help a lot, too).
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2016-06-26 15:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

@afania , stop playing samurai old friend
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-27 08:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Still plan on putting in some finishing touches, but here's an updated SAM sheet so far.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B38hAR5yeCu2WlVZOGZfZUJrWnc/view?usp=sharing

Credits to Nightfyre for reworking all the Zanshin stuff to account for the couple pieces of Zanshin: OAT gear along with assisting with the Fotia items. Also referenced his updated BLU sheet for numerous inclusions.

Note: After the Zanshin modifications, I had an issue with Excel displaying a #NUM! error when Zanshin rate hit 100%, however this error is not present when using Google Sheets. For the convenience of people preferring to use Excel, I simply made the max Zanshin Rate 99.99999%, which I'm sure will trigger some people, but the total DPS will result in equal or off by one-thousandth of a point at most in circumstances where you're actually getting 100% Zanshin. The link at the top keeps the max Zanshin rate at 100% for Google Sheets users, while the link below uses the Excel-friendly adjustment.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B38hAR5yeCu2VDdLR2ROY2gzWTQ/view?usp=sharing

Additions include:
- Job Points/Gifts
- 119 III Weapons (Titled "Weapon 121") along with Masamune's new OTD property.
- Escha Vorseals
- Mini-Skillchain Tab (Radiance not included as I don't know the formula nor how # of steps increase potency)
- Added an additional Hit Rate cell on the Gear tab for viewing convenience
- Adjusted Geo-Precision to actually add accuracy (it wasn't before, I'd recommend others to check their other sheets for this error as well)

To do:
- Go out and get approximate defense/evasion values for Reisen Fodder, Reisen T1 (probably Belphegor) and Reisen T2 (I have like no coffers and refuse to farm them without an Incursion campaign, so this may take a while) and add them as targets.
- Clean up the Gear Lists a bit
- Make some areas a tad easier on the eyes.
- Whatever else comes to mind later

Will admit some formulae are a tad ghetto, but they're functional. The only Excel experience I have is what I've learned over the years looking through these spreadsheets, so I'm sure there are some things I can make look nicer, but this is what I'm currently able to offer to the SAM community.
[+]
 Asura.Reidden
user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2016-06-27 18:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Something is better than nothing, thanks again.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-04 10:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Update:
- Meditate stuff updated
- Added Apex Jagil Lv130, Apex Eruca Lv127 and Belphegor as targets
- Added a Geo-Haste toggle.
- Relabeled cursed gear and Valorous gear. All Valorous gear are unaugmented. Can easily edit your own augments in yourself.
- Fixed the stats of NQ Cursed gear (they still had the stats from before the Cursed gear buff update).
- Cleaned Gear Lists of irrelevant non-ilv gear. Sorry if someone cared about that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B7S5mxUEkWTaAG-ROzoTC4mZl1WeJzFBnGoMBlujYR0/edit?usp=sharing
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-07-04 13:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Recently i managed to get the ambuscade gear what was an improvement of my previous outdated gear. But with the last piece, the body, i was wondering if stats vomit surpass wsd from Phorcys. I would like to do same question for belt. Ive been using elemental belt, wondering if i should buy a prosilio belt+1.

Thanks in advance.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-05 03:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Belt is pretty nice for non-Koga GKs unless you can make use of the Haste as part of your build. Probably in your high acc set if you want to replace your 10% Haste Acro Helm. There's better configurations if you're looking for max accuracy, though. HQ ring replaces Petrov for Koga. HQ earrings are obviously great for high or max accuracy builds.

Non-Koga GKs will also benefit from the HQ belt in their max accuracy set even if they're benefiting from the extra 3 accuracy from Olseni provided they're above at least a 45% hit rate. For non-Koga GKs, both the HQ belt can fit in even your base set.

ItemSet 344556

Augment changes:
Acro's 3% Haste to 6 STP
Valorous' 7 STP to 5% DA
Empty slots are Ioskeha +1 and Chirich +1.

Making these changes you sacrifice 4STR, 4DEX, 2% QA, 2% TA, 3% Zanhasso and gain 13% DA, 22 acc. Overall it's about equal in DPS, which is very nice specifically because of the 22 accuracy gain. Haven't looked at mid/high accuracy swaps yet to see where else this new stuff may fit.

Think it's already stated in the OP, but note that in both the above and original sets, with max job points and no STP in WS set aside from grip and bow, you're landing your 4-hit right on the nose.
[+]
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2016-07-07 15:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Hangaku-no-Yumi Beat Cibitshavore when u have the store tp to spare ?(for koga build)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-07 16:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It probably doesn't work on GKT WS.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-07 16:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If we're talking about the TP bonus, it does not.
[+]
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2016-07-07 16:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea you guys are right. just did a few 2000 tp and 3000 tp and 2000 still did less with the same tp return. Bummer!
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-07 20:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It used to work on GK WS's when it just came out, then SE ninja nerfed it.
[+]
 Asura.Alkk
user: Alkai
By Asura.Alkk 2016-07-29 07:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably a stupid question, but since it aint mentioned in the guide- what path for Ryuo Sune-Ate/+1 ? I'm assuming C for Store TP
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2016-07-30 21:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was going to ask about the augments on the Abj gear. I'm just coming back and trying to plan out my sets
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-31 03:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryuo feet assume path D. Pretty monstrous STR/Att paired with some Crit Rate overtake the 5 STP. All the Rao is path B. Ryuo hands are D, Ryuo head and body are A. Thought I had that mentioned in the OP, but I guess not.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 154 155 156