Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 68 69 70
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-03 08:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone that already has the new Animator, is it exactly the same as Divinator just with the extra stats?
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-03 08:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
For anyone that already has the new Animator, is it exactly the same as Divinator just with the extra stats?

Correct. All stats +89 with another +15 added. Or +20 for HQ.
 Bahamut.Silentsteel
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Silentsteel 2016-08-03 08:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

well that's fantastic, no need to wait for a drop for Divinator now, can just buy the NQ when someone puts it up.

Edit: Lol, need to get my character updated to Asura.Shiroikiri
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-03 08:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I do believe the NQ is SU2, but I'm not certain of that.

So I have done some minor testing on Mana Channeler 2 and Damage Gauge 2.

MC2 is actually a pretty decent little attachment in that it helps boost magic damage more than LS4 does, which impressed me. I could do the math and figure out the exact MAB it adds, but that's for later when I have more time for it. It's a solid attachment for a nuking puppet though.

I cannot figure out what the *** Damage Gauge 2 does. The Automaton was still the same shitty curer it's always been. I failed a AAEV on easy because I relied on the Automaton to cure. He either doesn't care about trusts or Damage Gauge 2 just works weird. They were all in yellow health and the only person he would cure was me.

Also, he was still casting dumb ***rather than curing me. I was at 500hp and he Silena'd me. I was /dnc. It also still takes a long time for him to cure, so it's not resetting and timers that I could tell from my admittedly brief test. But this ***don't look good.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-03 08:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That's cprrect Tru, the Animator is SU2
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2016-08-03 08:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

casting dumb ***rather than curing me. I was at 500hp and he Silena'd me. I was /dnc. It also still takes a long time for him to cure, so it's not resetting and timers that I could tell from my admittedly brief test. But this ***don't look good.

Still casting it's highest level cure too? /sigh..
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-03 09:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about now, but the old healer automaton AI required at least one water manoeuver to give some noticeable attention to party members other than master.

Supposing this rule still stands, it probably applies to trusts as well
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-03 09:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Not sure about now, but the old healer automaton AI required at least one water manoeuver to give some noticeable attention to party members other than master.

Supposing this rule still stands, it probably applies to trusts as well

I actually always keep a water maneuver up for that reason with the WHM automaton. He still wasn't doing ***with them. I think he silena'd a bard maybe.
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2016-08-03 09:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps that is intended behaviour? It's already set to 70% with 1 Light maneuver with Damage Gauge 1. 80% with Optic Fiber, I didn't know why a damage gauge two was needed just to increase the cure threshold.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-03 09:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Balloon said: »
Perhaps that is intended behaviour? It's already set to 70% with 1 Light maneuver with Damage Gauge 1. 80% with Optic Fiber, I didn't know why a damage gauge two was needed just to increase the cure threshold.

I was thinking the same thing, there isn't anything it does that is different from the last DG. Nothing I can find yet anyway. Maybe the freshly picked will have some more information, but I sorta doubt it.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-03 14:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I already said DG2 would've been a disappointment, didn't I? :(
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-03 15:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I would prefer to be incompetent an inept in my using of DG2 than to believe that they're really just that SE is just that... trollish really.
By dustinfoley 2016-08-03 15:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

trollish, no.

Inept at the mechanics to thieir own game...suire
By dustinfoley 2016-08-03 17:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So testing pets on apex mobs.

Regular hybrid gear me and pet are both at 1070ish (no food), 95% acc.

This is with animator p and optic fiber 1+2, and no more target marker.

that said, melee ranger pet is whipping the floor with valor edge (havent really gotten to test since rng update last month), so nice to see that me + pet + skill chain are 300 dps each and shantoto is at 450.

I tried a few ve setups and outside of overdrive ve doesnt really compare. 100 dd, and skill chain at 80 dd. now i need to remake a lot of acon sets with new attachments
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-08-03 17:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Assume this officially kills off AP3 for tanking now, for even those w/o ring
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-04 06:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »

Correct. All stats +89 with another +15 added. Or +20 for HQ.

Siviard, you lazy *** you.

So I got my own Animator P, and no, it's not just adding 15 stats. It's much better.

Animator P adds base stats aside from the ones listed. It gives 30 more accuracy, 20 more attack and 25 more Defense than Divinator does. But since it is also adding primary stats we get 45 more accuracy, 31 more attack and 59 more DEF.

Currently farming mats to synth a shitload of Animators. When I get a +1 I'll post those stats but hopefully someone else beats me to it since my play time is limited until the weekend.

Edit: Removed part of my post because I am dumb and had my LV+ cape on.

Edit part Deux: Went and played around in Reisenjima a bit. Ranger Puppet can get an obscene amount of accuracy now with OF1+2, new animator and a good set. This along with the evasion reduction could make shooting with the puppet on T4s an actual thing. I mean, only against Eryins pretty much, but it could be a thing. None Mew strat for that POS would be nice.

MOAR Edits: So this is interesting. OF1+2 are so good that having a single light maneuver is at least as good as, if not better than having triple of an attachments base element. Examples: TS1+3+4 gives me 2252 attack with triple fire, but double fire+light gives me 2249 attack. Stabilizer 3+4 gives me 1541 accuracy with triple thunder, whereas double thunder+light gives me 1568 accuracy.

Last Edit before I start actually doing something: While I was pretty sure of this before anyway, TC1+2 combined with OF1+2 gives you over the MA haste cap. This means that there is never any reason to use more than one wind maneuver for automatons unless you are shooting.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-05 02:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Tru are you gonna try some "Overdrive Zerg setup" now with the new tools in our hands?
New animator, Optic Fiber II etc.

Was thinking about a setup with a lot of Automatons with a slightly different hybrid setup (half damage reduction, half damage contribution) and then 1-2 GEOs, 1 COR and overdrive zerg stuff.

Would love to see some big NMs fall down that way, like dunno, Warder of Courage maybe?
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-08-05 02:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been making the animators for my ls, one hq. So nice to see pup love.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-05 05:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said: »

Can you post the stats on the HQ? I don't see myself making one until tomorrow or Sunday probably.

Tru are you gonna try some "Overdrive Zerg setup" now with the new tools in our hands?

Was thinking about a setup with a lot of Automatons with a slightly different hybrid setup (half damage reduction, half damage contribution) and then 1-2 GEOs, 1 COR and overdrive zerg stuff.

Would love to see some big NMs fall down that way, like dunno, Warder of Courage maybe?

I don't see it happening. We just don't have enough BA PUPs to kill anything noteworthy. Maybe Vinipata or Eriynas but that's not very likely to me either. Myself, Falkirk, Takisan and Langly were able to kill some T2s in Reisenjima just using PUPs, but it wasn't great. I just don't think we can get enough DPS out of Automatons even now :/
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-05 05:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You sure damage wouldn't be enough with Overdrive and both Optic Fibers and Bolster Idris Frailty and COR rolls?
Well I suppose that would require to go all out on damage, and if you do that then your puppets probably wouldn't survive long enough to take full advantage of Overdrive lasting time.

I can see that happening I guess =/
 Bahamut.Badstreak
Server: Bahamut
user: Streak
By Bahamut.Badstreak 2016-08-05 06:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So torn between burning my remaining gil on Animator P +1 vs KKK Afterglow :(

The HQ animator P will probably sell for at least 10M. I tried and it was priced even higher for now on my server.

I parsed 119 KKK vs Godhands in Ambuscade. Both very close... but KKK obviously doubling the puppets damage puts it a bit ahead.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-05 06:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see KKK winning unless you have reliable means to put 3k TP (or close to) before engage and/or the fight lasts long enough for you to build and rebuild AM3.
Plus the issue with KKK when you're at capped delay (granted it's not as dire as DW is for jobs like DNC, NIN etc)

KKK still an awesome weapon don't get me wrong but if you have to pick one between HQ animator and Afgerglow personally I'd go for the former, there's always time to do AG in the future.
 Phoenix.Morier
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-08-05 07:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said: »

Can you post the stats on the HQ? I don't see myself making one until tomorrow or Sunday probably.

I don't see it happening. We just don't have enough BA PUPs to kill anything noteworthy. Maybe Vinipata or Eriynas but that's not very likely to me either. Myself, Falkirk, Takisan and Langly were able to kill some T2s in Reisenjima just using PUPs, but it wasn't great. I just don't think we can get enough DPS out of Automatons even now :/
HQ was not mine, made it for a ls member who collected mats.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-05 08:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see KKK winning unless you have reliable means to put 3k TP (or close to) before engage and/or the fight lasts long enough for you to build and rebuild AM3.
Plus the issue with KKK when you're at capped delay (granted it's not as dire as DW is for jobs like DNC, NIN etc)

KKK still an awesome weapon don't get me wrong but if you have to pick one between HQ animator and Afgerglow personally I'd go for the former, there's always time to do AG in the future.

Funny you mention that 3k TP problem.

PUP, as far as I am aware, is the only job that can start every single fight with AM3.

If you set Heat Capacitor 1+2, build triple fire(Easy to do while everyone else is buffing), deploy then retrieve almost immediately the Heat Capacitors will kick in and give your puppet 3k TP. Then you Tac. Swap and voila, instant AM3 at the start of a fight. The obvious drawbacks are that you are spending two slots on Heat Capacitors, or that you are losing 38 seconds of your Automaton being at full strength if you use A.Con to swap him out. But the upside is instant AM3, so...

With evasion dropping so much KKK might be a decent option since a lot of the time we don't even need the accuracy from Ohtas anymore. But the ***is still situational.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-05 09:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought that trick didn't work in ambuscade? If it does it's a different story
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-05 09:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought that trick didn't work in ambuscade? If it does it's a different story

Why would it not work in Ambuscade?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-05 14:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would it not work in Ambuscade?
I guess I've been wrong all this time but I always thought the following:

1) At least on some fights (I remember Orcs) you couldn't get in JA range without getting hate first
2) In zones where there's alliance hate (incursion, legion etc) just engaging your pet is enough to instantly generate hate (in other zones your pet needs to perform a direct action first)

Now point1 is no longer valid because I completely forgot they increased the deploy range, so probably now you can get in range without getting hate, I apologize for that.
But I thought point 2 was still right?

I take back what I said on KKK if I'm wrong of course, it's a different story :) (need less than 3k TP on pet to get 3k on master btw, as I'm sure you know very well)
By Cupbot 2016-08-05 21:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know the values for optic fiber II? I'm pretty motivated to reach 1200 job points,even more motivated about apex mobs having their evasion reduced.

Edit: Nevermind I just read the thread opps.
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2016-08-05 22:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Assume this officially kills off AP3 for tanking now, for even those w/o ring
Correct, thanks to OF2, you can ditch both the ring and handler's earring +1, and still have capped pdt with AP4 + 1 light maneuver in Escha zones. I switched to weatherspoon for a higher chance at instant recast deaths on BLM, and swapped the earring to Burana earring for a little more regen.

Granted, you can now get just above 200 regen in Escha with zone gifts and vorseals using only 1 light maneuver, so Domesticator's earring is better, but I never got one to drop.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-08-06 14:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Frankly, the downsides of losing slot capacity on Heat Capacitors in something like Ambuscade is not a big deal, even if you don't swap them back out. It's Ambuscade, you're gonna be just fine anyway - big deal if you have a slight loss in puppet DPS from not deactivating and re-equipping the puppet with better fire attachments.

In difficult fights where having the slots would matter, YMMV depending on whether you're really using DD puppets on that kind of content. For me, I'm pretty much only using a tank puppet anyway on stuff that "matters", so I'm using a tanking H2H anyway and I don't care one bit about getting TP for AM3.

Personally, I think that almost any time it IS viable to use a melee puppet, the AM3 from KKK is too good to pass up.

However:
* That's probably still the case even with a 119 non-AG KKK and you can keep grinding away on afterglow with time.
* On the flip side, you could also probably save money on the initial premium price for +1 animator by waiting a little bit, unless you're crafting yourself or a friend crafting at cost, or getting a very good price.
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 68 69 70