Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 181 182 183
 Bahamut.Neb
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2017-01-03 00:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

OK maybe this is a Vague question but does anyone know how to get gear priority in swaps to occur properly??

sub={"Ammurapi Shield",priority=2},

if you know what that line is you may know how to help me it does not even seem to equip that gear now and it is not showing up when i //gs showswaps

Thanks for any help you can provide.
 Odin.Lygre
Server: Odin
user: Dylaudid
By Odin.Lygre 2017-01-03 11:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidra said: »
So - a player named Braden made a nice simple DRG .lua that I have been using. I have never programmed anything in my life, so I liked the idea of a relatively simple lua. However, I have found some things in other luas I liked and tried to add them in but couldn't get anything to work - so I deleted what I added. However, I must have accidentally messed something up - as now After using a WS and the breath gear going in, it doesn't swap back to my TP gear. Can anyone see what I did? (and for special bonus - get the macro page based on Subjo to work)
Your macro book selection function isn't closed it looks like. and the self command to put you back in tp gear is after it, so neither works. add an 'end' to close the macro function and should be good to go
 Odin.Lygre
By Odin.Lygre 2017-01-03 11:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Neb said: »
OK maybe this is a Vague question but does anyone know how to get gear priority in swaps to occur properly??

if you know what that line is you may know how to help me it does not even seem to equip that gear now and it is not showing up when i //gs showswaps

Should be
Code
sub={name="Ammurapi Shield",priority=2}, 
 Bahamut.Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2017-01-03 14:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lygre said: »
Bahamut.Neb said: »

Should be
Code
sub={name="Ammurapi Shield",priority=2}, 

How would you do it if you had gear with augments listed!?
 Odin.Lygre
By Odin.Lygre 2017-01-03 15:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
sub={name="Ammurapi Shield",augments={},priority=2},

I think
 Bahamut.Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2017-01-03 21:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a million all working now.
 Bahamut.Ballzack
user: Lorax
By Bahamut.Ballzack 2017-01-05 18:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Having some issues with priority and it not wanting to equip priority, anyone see anything wrong with this is it my lua maybe?
 Asura.Technosuke
Server: Asura
user: Vaquero
By Asura.Technosuke 2017-01-06 10:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Any can help me to this Lua. When GS load Get me this error:

THe Original post
Any can help me please?
LUA
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-06 10:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the current default order for equipment swapping?
 Bahamut.Ballzack
user: Lorax
By Bahamut.Ballzack 2017-01-06 12:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Waist
Head
Legs
Ammo
Left_ring
Body
Back
Neck
Right_ear
Hands
Left_ear
Right_ring
Feet
Is what its showing me
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-06 13:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Oddly enough, showswaps isn't fully consistent with gear order. If I swap from one set to another and they share the left_ear slot, it goes:

waist
head
legs
ammo
left_ring
body
back
neck
hands
right_ear
right_ring
feet

but if they don't:

waist
head
legs
ammo
left_ring
body
back
neck
right_ear
hands
left_ear
right_ring
feet

Weird. In any event it apparently runs off the order in windower\res\slots.lua, so the order in showswaps is somewhat arbitrary. Actual order:
Code
return {
    [0] = {id=0,en="Main"},
    [1] = {id=1,en="Sub"},
    [2] = {id=2,en="Range"},
    [3] = {id=3,en="Ammo"},
    [4] = {id=4,en="Head"},
    [5] = {id=5,en="Body"},
    [6] = {id=6,en="Hands"},
    [7] = {id=7,en="Legs"},
    [8] = {id=8,en="Feet"},
    [9] = {id=9,en="Neck"},
    [10] = {id=10,en="Waist"},
    [11] = {id=11,en="Left Ear"},
    [12] = {id=12,en="Right Ear"},
    [13] = {id=13,en="Left Ring"},
    [14] = {id=14,en="Right Ring"},
    [15] = {id=15,en="Back"},
}, {"id", "en"}
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-08 14:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to make it so after I use a weapon skill I will automatically disengage and put it on a toggle?
In example, occasionally when I am on drk I use shockwave to sleep things and walk away, either too many mobs, don't feel like dealing with them, weakend whatever the case. I would like to auto-disengage so that I can avoid waking the mobs.
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
Server: Ragnarok
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2017-01-08 15:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

with gearswap you can even ws disengaged
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-08 17:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I have that, but sometimes I need to build the tp, so I would like a toggle to swap to and disengage after specified ws
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-09 05:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a simple question (I think, I'm a gearswap noob and trying to get into it) So I got my hands on an outdated LUA file for my DNC. As you can see there are two sets for curing waltz... whats the difference between them? Is one for self waltzes and one for other characters? I'm slow and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE please explain in simple English :)
Thanks <3
Code
    waltz_mode = 0
    sets.JA.Waltz = {}
    sets.JA.Waltz[0] = {head="Anwig Salade",neck="Dualism Collar +1",lear="Novia Earring",rear="Roundel Earring",
    body="Maxixi Casaque +1",hands="Slither Gloves +1",lring="Carbuncle Ring +1",rring="Valseur's Ring",
    back="Toetapper Mantle",waist="Aristo Belt",legs="Desultor Tassets",feet="Maxixi Shoes +1"}

sets.JA.Waltz[1] = {head="Horos Tiara +1",neck="Dualism Collar +1",lear="Novia Earring",rear="Roundel Earring",
    body="Maxixi Casaque +1",hands="Slither Gloves +1",lring="Carbuncle Ring +1",rring="Carbuncle Ring +1",
    back="Toetapper Mantle",waist="Aristo Belt",legs="Desultor Tassets",feet="Maxixi Shoes +1"}
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2017-01-09 06:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Very little difference, but the first one gets the Waltz Delay -2 from the Anwig Salade, while the second one gets a little more Waltz Potency. It's not clear how they're activated, you'd have to post more of the file.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2017-01-09 06:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Technosuke said: »
Any can help me to this Lua. When GS load Get me this error:

THe Original post
Any can help me please?
LUA
Just to be 100% clear, this does not mean your file does not work. If you want to get rid of the message, simply CTRL+F inside your lua and look up the error code and delete the function that is pushing it to you. Alternatively you can follow the link it gives you and get a new lua, but it's probably not worth having to redo all your sets.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2017-01-09 16:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thorva said: »
Ragnarok.Kenshi said: »
Is there a way to make it so after I use a weapon skill I will automatically disengage and put it on a toggle?
In example, occasionally when I am on drk I use shockwave to sleep things and walk away, either too many mobs, don't feel like dealing with them, weakend whatever the case. I would like to auto-disengage so that I can avoid waking the mobs.
with gearswap you can even WS while disengaged.
Yeah I have that, but sometimes I need to build the tp, so I would like a toggle to swap to and disengage after specified ws

Do you want that toggle to occur every time you use shockwave? If so I believe it would look something like:

Code
function aftercast(spell)
	if spell.action_type == 'Weaponskill' and spell.english == 'Shockwave' then
		send_command('wait 1;input /attack off')
	end
end
Though you would want to put it under the section "function aftercast(spell)" in your lua if it already exists and figure out how to integrate it rather than creating an entirely new one.

We could also make an argument to only do it when you're in a certain toggle mode, but that will be a little more hands-on required. Just lemme know what you're lookin' for.
By Jaydeekay 2017-01-12 10:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using Lygre's BLM.lua (along with all his motes files) but hopefully somebody can tell me what I'm doing wrong here...

My normal sets are equipping just fine, but when I switch to Mid, Resistant or CMP the relevant gear isn't being switched in. (Sorry I have no idea how to put this in a box like some of you)

sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'].Mid = set_combine(sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'], {neck="Incanter's Torque",left_ring="Stikini Ring",right_ring="Stikini Ring"})
sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'].Resistant = set_combine(sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'].Mid, {hands="Jhakri Cuffs +1",waist="Aswang Sash"})
sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'].CMP = set_combine(sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'], {body="Spaekona's Coat"})
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-13 17:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

After the recent update, my GEO's pet idle set no longer works. I'm using Mote's default lua. Any easy fix?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-01-14 12:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

For my paladin I have a Castingmode toggle Normal/DT
Code
options.CastingModes = {'Normal', 'DT'} 

sets defined for precast
Code
{ sets.precast.FC = 
	ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
    head={ name="Carmine Mask +1", augments={'Accuracy+20','Mag. Acc.+12','"Fast Cast"+4',}},
    body={ name="Odyss. Chestplate", augments={'Mag. Acc.+15 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','"Fast Cast"+6','MND+10','Mag. Acc.+8',}},
    hands={ name="Leyline Gloves", augments={'Accuracy+12','Mag. Acc.+14','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','"Fast Cast"+2',}},
    legs={ name="Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'"Fast Cast"+6','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15',}},
    feet={ name="Odyssean Greaves", augments={'"Fast Cast"+6','CHR+5',}},
    neck="Orunmila's Torque",
    waist={name="Rumination Sash",priority=2},
    left_ear={name="Etiolation Earring",priority=1},
    right_ear="Enchntr. Earring +1",
    left_ring="Kishar Ring",
    right_ring="Prolix Ring",
    back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','"Fast Cast"+10', priority=1}},
}	

sets.precast.FC.DT = 
{ 
    ammo="Impatiens",
    head={ name="Carmine Mask +1", augments={'Accuracy+20','Mag. Acc.+12','"Fast Cast"+4',}},
    body={ name="Odyss. Chestplate", augments={'Mag. Acc.+15 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','"Fast Cast"+6','MND+10','Mag. Acc.+8',}},
	hands="Souv. Handsch. +1",
    legs={ name="Souv. Diechlings +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
    feet={ name="Odyssean Greaves", augments={'"Fast Cast"+6','CHR+5',}},
    neck="Orunmila's Torque",
    waist="Oneiros Belt",
    left_ear={ name="Odnowa Earring", priority=3},
    right_ear={ name="Odnowa Earring +1", priority=2},
    left_ring="Eihwaz Ring",
    right_ring="Defending Ring",
    back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','"Fast Cast"+10', priority=1}},
}

Code
function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)

end

Issue is even when I toggle to DT it still uses normal fastcast, not the .DT set
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-14 13:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Byrne said: »
Ragnarok.Kenshi said: »
with gearswap you can even WS while disengaged.

Do you want that toggle to occur every time you use shockwave? If so I believe it would look something like:

Code
function aftercast(spell)
	if spell.action_type == 'Weaponskill' and spell.english == 'Shockwave' then
		send_command('wait 1;input /attack off')
	end
end
Though you would want to put it under the section "function aftercast(spell)" in your lua if it already exists and figure out how to integrate it rather than creating an entirely new one.

We could also make an argument to only do it when you're in a certain toggle mode, but that will be a little more hands-on required. Just lemme know what you're lookin' for.

I am looking for it to only work during a toggle. And thank you for the reply.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-01-15 06:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a function that would force all my midcast to equip my spell interruption rate set during my SIRD casting mode?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-15 10:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Afternoon!

Non-essential question here, but one that I think could really refine some things for me if anyone could point me in the right direction!

So, I have several chatline queues in my luas corresponding to different events- here's an example from my RNG lua---

add_to_chat(123, spell.name..' Canceled: [Out of Range]')

---that's the relevant line that is in response to if I try to weaponskill out of range...lua stops it and sends and /echo to me with that line.

And here's the reason for my post- and it's in "color 123". Which, in this case, translates to Red. "122" Translates to Yellow. Now, I'd love to find a table that shows me all the values for different font colors, so I can use them for different events in my lua, and so that all chat queues I add aren't just more Yellow text! Anyone have such a list? Much appreciation in advance!
 Asura.Pintseyes
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2017-01-15 10:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
And here's the reason for my post- and it's in "color 123". Which, in this case, translates to Red. "122" Translates to Yellow. Now, I'd love to find a table that shows me all the values for different font colors, so I can use them for different events in my lua, and so that all chat queues I add aren't just more Yellow text! Anyone have such a list? Much appreciation in advance!

This should be interesting to see the responses for. Now I'm not 100% sure but I do believe that coloring you're seeing has nothing to do with lua code or gearswap. Sounds like whomever you got that lua from simply colored it in notepad++ for some reason.

Pretty sure the text you're seeing ingame is simply "System text" - Yellow. With that being said you can change text coloring for such things through the SE config which will in turn change the text coloring to the events you're concerned with.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-15 10:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pintseyes said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

This should be interesting to see the responses for. Now I'm not 100% sure but I do believe that coloring you're seeing has nothing to do with lua code or gearswap. Sounds like whomever you got that lua from simply colored it in notepad++ for some reason.

Pretty sure the text you're seeing ingame is simply "System text" - Yellow. With that being said you can change text coloring for such things through the SE config which will in turn change the text coloring to the events you're concerned with.
Umm no add to chat is a windower command and 123 is one of the color codes.

@Leviathan.Celebrindal here you go:
https://github.com/Windower/Lua/blob/dev/scripts/colortest.lua
Heres a working copy: http://pastebin.com/duJgwpAb
[+]
 Asura.Pintseyes
By Asura.Pintseyes 2017-01-15 11:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »

Oh awesome. Glad Chia explained it better than me.

Chia, does this only work in add to chat? For instance, could I apply coloring to my spells? Blue for ice, red for fire for the line that says "Is casting Fire" ingame?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-15 11:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pintseyes said: »

Oh awesome. Glad Chia explained it better than me.

Chia, does this only work in add to chat? For instance, could I apply coloring to my spells? Blue for ice, red for fire for the line that says "Is casting Fire" ingame?
Short Answer: No
Long Answer: You could if you wrote an addon to replace the built in chat or modify battlemod which is what that addon does.
 Asura.Pintseyes
By Asura.Pintseyes 2017-01-15 12:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Short Answer: No
Long Answer: You could if you wrote an addon to replace the built in chat or modify battlemod which is what that addon does.

Well, that made me laugh pretty good. I can't code my way out of a box of cheerios.. Let alone lua.

Thanks for the reply!
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 181 182 183