Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Gearswap Support Thread
Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 181 182 183
By Selindrile 2016-08-08 08:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

@Akivatoo in this case your self_healing is just being called in your post midcast, your self_healing.DT is never actually being told to be used anywhere, try this for your post midcast:
Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
  if spellMap == 'Cure' and spell.target.type == 'SELF' then
    if options.CastingModes.value == 'DT' then
	  equip(sets.self_healing.dt)
	else
	  equip(sets.self_healing)
  end
end 

You don't need that bit checking if the sets exist, you know they do within this file, that's only if you wanted to make self_healing handled more generically in a global or something.
By Selindrile 2016-08-08 09:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This may not be the place for this question, but it's at least somewhat related, anyone know how to use auto-translate with windower inputs?

Trying to standardize my way of doing sch skillchains with my LS's for the Blms benefit, but our other scholars use a lot of auto translate, whereas I prefer to just be able to type //fusion etc.

I found one guide, but it was way outdated, and didn't seem to work.
By stuntmandan 2016-08-08 10:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if there is a way to make a toggle for barspells, barstatus, boosts, and gains like for Rune Fencer's rune enhancements.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-08-08 12:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile said: »
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
  if spellMap == 'Cure' and spell.target.type == 'SELF' then
    if options.CastingModes.value == 'DT' then
      equip(sets.self_healing.DT)
    else
      equip(sets.self_healing)
  end
end
didn't work, but thanx for try.
any suggestion ?
By Selindrile 2016-08-08 12:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

@Akivatoo I'm not sure why that wouldn't work, perhaps post your whole GS?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-08-08 14:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

stuntmandan said: »
I was wondering if there is a way to make a toggle for barspells, barstatus, boosts, and gains like for Rune Fencer's rune enhancements.

This is too vague. If you want to request a certain sort of function, I may be able to help you, but I don't understand the reference you seem to be making.

Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
hello everyone,
that took me few time to manage casting mode pld.
but i still encouter problem on it.

"sets.self_healing.DT" didn't work and idk why.
can anyone have tips to fix it ?

I haven't worked with Mote's much, but I'm fairly certain that you're not using modes the way they are supposed to be... The options table is for static values. You're just making a table, and I have no idea what you're doing with that table without seeing what else you have.

The modes that Mote provides are the ones you are supposed to use for variables like this. You could conceivably create your own, but I don't see any point off hand to not use the CastingMode state.
Code
state.CastingMode:options('Normal', 'DT')

state.CastingMode.value would return the current value. But you wouldn't need to bother with that if you utilize custom spell maps.
Code
function job_get_spell_map(spell, default_spell_map)
    if default_spell_map == 'Cure' and spell.target_type == 'SELF' then
        return 'self_healing'
    end
end

Then you can get rid of the job_post_midcast function, and rename your sets to sets.midcast.self_healing and sets.midcast.self_healing.DT
By stuntmandan 2016-08-08 17:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My bad what I meant was, if there was a way to make a quick macro for barspells, boosts and gains to be able to cycle through them. For my Rune Fencer I have 2 macros for rune enhancements.

/console gs c cycle Runes
and
/console gs c rune
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-08-09 04:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like you are using Mote, but I cannot find anything like that in his own RUN example (or any other file), so I don't really know how it is set up. Based on the includes, I think you'd set the variables up like this
Code
state.Barspell = M{['description'] = 'Barspell'}
state.Barspell:options('Barfira','Barblizzara','etc')

Then catch whatever command you want to use from in your job_self_command (I wrote it assuming you use shortcuts).
Code
function job_self_command(commandArgs, eventArgs)
    if commandArgs[1]=='barspell' then
        send_command(state.Barspell.value)
    end
end

And just use the same general template for the other ones you want.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-08-09 10:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile said: »
@Akivatoo I'm not sure why that wouldn't work, perhaps post your whole GS?

Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-08-09 10:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

@Akivatoo

You're using an outdated version of Mote's libraries. state.CastingModes might give you the value you're looking for (instead of options.CastingModes.value).

Of course, I'd rather suggest updating your files instead. Mote doesn't maintain them anymore, but other people do/might, and it'd make it easier to get help from others.
By stuntmandan 2016-08-09 12:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx Flippant!
By Selindrile 2016-08-11 12:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

@Akivatoo

I have an updated, and expanded version of Mote's files if you're interested, all 22 jobs (though not all thoroughly tested) and a lot of things added.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/20vy32liub3glxz/AAAiIVHAasFdwCK1SZdZz7d_a?dl=0
 Lakshmi.Santoro
Server: Lakshmi
user: Fukinder
By Lakshmi.Santoro 2016-08-15 10:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

@Selindrile

Thanks for this, I am very new back so this is my first few hours with gearswap and my head is hurting... it's not as simple a Spellcast of old.

I haven't had a gs work yet, with your DRK file I am getting and error on line 147 of a nil value any ideas?

Anyone else that has something simple I can copy and paste just to get basic gearswaps going would be helpful.

I have searched and keep trying different threads/files/versions but no luck so far.

Cheers
[+]
 Odin.Viridiana
Server: Odin
user: Rythe
By Odin.Viridiana 2016-08-17 20:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anyone be able to tell me why this isn't working as BLM/SCH? It gives me a message "The same effect is already active on Chaneque." when I try to use dark arts to get addendum, then fails to change any of the strategems.

For what it's worth, I haven't tested the WS, Echo drops, or anything else with this.

And just in case, this is what my full lua is looking like atm, using Mote's stuff.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-08-17 22:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't use the original GS functions in Mote files, because Mote uses them and will overwrite yours. You should be using job_pretarget.
[+]
 Asura.Inuyushi
Server: Asura
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2016-08-17 22:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know where midaction() is coming from? I know that it returns a bool of whether or not you're in a midaction, but I was curious as to how it works. I'm working on an addon myself and need certain things not to process while actions are being performed.
VIP
By Iryoku 2016-08-17 23:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Gearswap tracks the packets that start and finish a cast to implement midaction().
 Odin.Viridiana
By Odin.Viridiana 2016-08-18 02:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
You can't use the original GS functions in Mote files, because Mote uses them and will overwrite yours. You should be using job_pretarget.

So that fixed the Addendum problem, thanks, but the Accession/Manifestation swap still isn't happening. Is there another thing that isn't standard? (I pulled this from... Someones... WHM lua I think, because it was something I used to use with spellcast)
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2016-08-18 10:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Iryoku said: »
Gearswap tracks the packets that start and finish a cast to implement midaction().

Do you know where about in the Gearswap code this is executed? I was hoping to analyze how he did it, but couldn't find it in any of the files.
 Odin.Lygre
user: Dylaudid
By Odin.Lygre 2016-08-18 15:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Inuyushi said: »
Iryoku said: »

Do you know where about in the Gearswap code this is executed? I was hoping to analyze how he did it, but couldn't find it in any of the files.

Pretty sure it's handled in flow.lua
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-08-18 16:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Viridiana said: »
Ragnarok.Flippant said: »

So that fixed the Addendum problem, thanks, but the Accession/Manifestation swap still isn't happening. Is there another thing that isn't standard? (I pulled this from... Someones... WHM lua I think, because it was something I used to use with spellcast)

It's being caught and directed to the filtered_action function instead of reaching the normal spell functions.
Code
function filtered_action(spell)
    if buffactive['Light Arts'] or buffactive['Addendum: White'] then
            if spell.english == "Manifestation" then
                    send_command('input /ja Accession <me>')
            elseif spell.english == "Alacrity" then
                    send_command('input /ja Celerity <me>')
            elseif spell.english == "Parsimony" then
                    send_command('input /ja Penury <me>')
            end
    elseif buffactive['Dark Arts'] or buffactive['Addendum: Black'] then
            if spell.english == "Accession" then
                    send_command('input /ja Manifestation <me>')
            elseif spell.english == "Celerity" then
                    send_command('input /ja Alacrity <me>')
            elseif spell.english == "Penury" then
                    send_command('input /ja Parsimony <me>')
            end
    end
end

Mote doesn't use the filtered_action function, so you're safe to use it directly yourself.
[+]
 Odin.Viridiana
By Odin.Viridiana 2016-08-18 17:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you so much, I spent hours trying various things without it working!
 Fenrir.Reoko
Server: Fenrir
user: Reoko
By Fenrir.Reoko 2016-08-20 19:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

After getting a Lua to work and been used for several hours, it seems I can no longer use the keybinds. (like alt+F8) any reason this would suddenly stop working?
 Fenrir.Reoko
Server: Fenrir
user: Reoko
By Fenrir.Reoko 2016-08-20 19:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

)Found the problem, it seems I had hit a (F mode key) by accident, hitting it again allowed use of the F keys again.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-08-23 14:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a reason why my flurry toggle (ctrl q) isn't working? Also, how come I'm not receiving a message that flurry is on/off? http://pastebin.com/6JsA1UPj Thank you.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-08-23 14:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to use my lugra/+1 earring on a few of my jobs, but I am at a loss on how to add a conditional statement for them. Would it just be something like, if a ws, and night, then use ear1 ear2 lugra? Anyone actually have this written successfully in their lua or know how to?

NVM figured it out its
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-08-23 15:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Is there a reason why my flurry toggle (ctrl q) isn't working? Also, how come I'm not receiving a message that flurry is on/off? http://pastebin.com/6JsA1UPj Thank you.

The first thing I notice is that you're never calling the function that is supposed to check if Flurry is on or not. You would likely want to call it when you load the file, and somewhere that will get called as regularly as you need. Or, just add state.buff.Flurry and Mote will automatically track the variable for you using the buff_change function.
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 181 182 183