Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 73 74 75
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-02-16 02:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The way I understood it I thought it was a matter of geomancy stuff having a "max cap" and that you couldn't go beyond that cap.
So in theory a Geomancer with very low Geomancy/Handbell skill, could maybe benefit from 10+5 on Idris/Bell, but not one with capped skills.

I guess in the end it's just a matter of Idris not stacking with Dunna, period.
Which gives me mixed feelings.
On one hand it kinda slays the full potential of Idris.
On the other hand it's actually good because can you imagine what GEO could do with another +5 Geomancy Skill? And the difference between Idris GEO and non Idris GEO would be even bigger.
So yeah, gamebalanc-wise it's actually good that Dunna and Idris do not stack I guess.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-16 03:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
The way I understood it I thought it was a matter of geomancy stuff having a "max cap" and that you couldn't go beyond that cap.
So in theory a Geomancer with very low Geomancy/Handbell skill, could maybe benefit from 10+5 on Idris/Bell, but not one with capped skills.

I guess in the end it's just a matter of Idris not stacking with Dunna, period.
Which gives me mixed feelings.
On one hand it kinda slays the full potential of Idris.
On the other hand it's actually good because can you imagine what GEO could do with another +5 Geomancy Skill? And the difference between Idris GEO and non Idris GEO would be even bigger.
So yeah, gamebalanc-wise it's actually good that Dunna and Idris do not stack I guess.
I didn't see this as a problem. But then, I have an Idris. XD Alas, they don't stack.

Also, it's "Geomancy+", not Geomancy Skill+. Pretty important difference there.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-02-16 04:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah of course, just a typo, meant Geomancy+.
Meant skill in the first paragraph instead.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-17 11:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

My method for Keeper of Heiligtum:

[+]
By Lyncath 2015-02-17 13:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
My method for Keeper of Heiligtum:

Geo-Slip and especially Geo-Wilt are also very effective against him. Slip makes him whiff like crazy and Wilt absolutely tanks his attack power (70% minimum with an Idris).

Geo-Paralysis is somewhat underrated as well. It's roughly 28% potency with Blaze of Glory and breaks 35% with both Blaze and Ecliptic. Does it stack with it's white magic spell equivalent? I doubt it does but hey, who knows.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-17 13:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Does it stack with it's white magic spell equivalent? I doubt it does but hey, who knows.

I don't think I've seen something not stack with Geomancy, but it's definitely a weird one, so yeah, who knows.

Wilt was my first idea and worked good, tried Slip and didn't get any real misses (it was just base no JAs), decided to try Slow (yeah right with Hundred Fists), and then stuck with Paralysis. Since I was out of the main party, I just ran Frailty and then this since DD accuracy wasn't an issue.

I don't have Idris, but I did Indi-MND + Boost-MND + Paralyze, followed by Blaze of Glory + Ecliptic Attrition + Geo-Paralyze. I couldn't do the second combo every kill, but it still worked out very effective without the JAs.

Idris must be crazy. Kinda disappointed I didn't try Bolster.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-02-17 14:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder how effective it would be with ice shot.

Idris is really fun especially when mixing bolster with spells that are percentage boosts opposed to static values.
By Lyncath 2015-02-17 16:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Wonder how effective it would be with ice shot.

Idris is really fun especially when mixing bolster with spells that are percentage boosts opposed to static values.

For real.
Take all the percentage based Geomancy spell figures you see on the first page of this thread and double that figure. That's what you get under Bolster.

Funniest one to use is Indi-Fury and then telling your DD to check their attack value. Even better with Indi-Barrier.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-02-17 16:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I did that during incursion. 3500-3700 attack for thf and brds.

Edit: Obviously there was already attack boost present via chaos roll and minuet.
By Kooljack 2015-02-17 16:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

does bolster affect entrust spell casts
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-17 18:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »
Sadly, no.

Checked something else while I was at it. Regarding this...
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I cast GEO-fury, and got 1250 atk. popped bolster and waited a bit, still 1250. Recast geo-fury, 1720 atk. So yeah. You do need to cast a luopan AFTER bolster is up. I didn't think to check an indi spell as well, but I'd assume it works the same.
I tried putting up an indi spell, then bolstering.

Cast Indi-Barrier. DEF:1202
Popped Bolster, did NOT recast Indi. DEF:1754
Cancelled Bolster, did not recast Indi. DEF:1202

So while you have to recast a luopan post bolster to get the potency, Indi spells are affected retroactively by bolster activation. But, like Luopans, they still lose bolster potency+ when bolster wears.
[+]
By Lyncath 2015-02-18 04:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »

Nope.

Personally I reserve Entrust almost exclusively for Indi-Haste as it has 26% potency under Entrust and therefore Haste from your /RDM sub will practically cap a person regardless.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-18 05:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

To only have 26% haste on entrusted Indi-haste, you'd have to have ~793 combined skill. Which is like, geo/handbell merits + no gear.

838 skill and up should be at 28%(technically 28.33) haste without any Geomancy+.

28.33+15= 43.33/43.75 cap. Pretty much capped.

That being said, I agree that the best use of entrust is generally Indi-haste. Now if only we could fulltime it. >_<
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-18 05:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that with or without Idris?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-18 05:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Since Geomancy+ doesn't apply to entrusted spells, Idris is non-applicable to them.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-18 05:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Since Geomancy+ doesn't apply to entrusted spells, Idris is non-applicable to them.

Right, derp.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-18 06:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Can also use blazeofglory with fury, and when its timer is down, use entrust frailty to maintain an overal higher pdif.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-18 07:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Can also use blazeofglory with fury, and when its timer is down, use entrust frailty to maintain an overal higher pdif.
Code
Assuming 845 combined skill
	 Entrust Dunna	Idris
Fury	32.76	46.37	60.13
Frailty	-14.17	-27.79	-41.41
This is how bad entrusted spell potency is. It's particularly bad for Frailty. <,<;

So. You could blaze Frailty or Fury(I was under the impression that frailty is generally the more effective of the two) Indi the other at full potency, and entrust haste. Entrust wears, then you go Ecliptic GEO-Frailty, and Indi-haste. And this assumes that the GEO even has to deal with haste. Might have a BRD.

About the only time you'd consider entrusting frailty/fury is if you're already using two higher priority spells. And aren't using haste. Precision/Torpor come to mind.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-02-18 17:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody has an updated melee set for GEO?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-02-18 17:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Does it stack with it's white magic spell equivalent? I doubt it does but hey, who knows.

Yes indi/geo paralyze/slow will stack with other forms of paralyze and slow such as the white magic spell versions of paralyze/slow , even SE said it themselves that they do
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-18 17:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I've been using on Woh Gates rabbits/worms, but I still need Sushi, Madrigals, Precision and Boost-DEX to cap my accuracy on them (checkparam implies about 1100 accuracy to cap assuming no mob evasion debuffs). Would be able to make some adjustments if I had the Alluvion Skirmish Clubs with some decent augments. Don't need as much accuracy if I'm doing Dho Gates or Woh bats, though, so I usually drop Precision for either Malaise for myself or Fury for nearby DDs depending on the setup or the people I'm partying with.

Of course, the cape is Mecistopins Mantle for CP parties, and if you aren't /DNC or /NIN you'll obviously want to use different earring(s) and waist.

ItemSet 333428

Ofc Weatherspoon would replace Karieyh for Flash Nova if you went with that.

ItemSet 333429
[+]
By Lyncath 2015-02-18 18:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 333189

This is what I use. Bokwus pieces are augmented along C path which means they both have Accuracy/Attack/DEX on them. Weakness with the set is that the headpiece does not have any gear Haste on it and lacks defensive attributes.

My attacks are extremely accurate though and on most content I can get away with using RCBs over Sushi, resulting in some pretty crazy Realmrazer numbers. Maintaining AM3 is a nightmare without Corsair rolls however and it generally is better to use Flash Nova and maintain AM2.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-02-18 19:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

when I solo, i use /rdm /dnc and either haste/samba + indi-haste and its like 0 delay attack rounds until AM3 and then I just change it up.
By Crevox 2015-02-19 00:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

100 job points gift:

New Spells
Grants access to all tier 5 elemental spells
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-02-19 04:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
This is what I've been using on Woh Gates rabbits/worms, but I still need Sushi, Madrigals, Precision and Boost-DEX to cap my accuracy on them (checkparam implies about 1100 accuracy to cap assuming no mob evasion debuffs).

[cut]
Meh, so many items I don't have.
Was hoping to re-use more of the items I already have.
With my current inventory woes I'm not sure I can justify all this inventory+ just for GEO melee, sigh.
Thanks for the insight though.

What about WSs btw? I get that for magical Flash Nova produces awesome results, but for physical? Hexa Strike? Realmrazer?

Either way we got a potential new legs slot from skirmish armor on this patch.
There's a new pair of legs with Haste+5%, DA+3$ and Mab+15.
They can augmented whichever way you like so you could put acc/att there and turn them into a nice TP piece for all mage jobs.
More comments from me in the BRD DD thread
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-19 04:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even have Realmrazer merited, but if I did I probably still wouldn't use it just because of how much attack buffs I'm giving up by opting for accuracy buffs to even be able to hit things, so the damage would be lackluster (my auto attacks on worms/rabbits are under 100 damage, lol); plus I can't self SC with it. Would probably be nice for lower tier things or when you're getting buffed like mad, though.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-02-19 05:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess one of the good things of Flash Nova is that it doesn't interrupt the SC flow of other DDs. Very nice for small groups for sure.
How does Exudation fares compared to the other physical WSs? Since I retired SAM and haven't been using it in ages, I could probably take away Tachi: Shoha merits and put them into something else like Realmrazer.

Would the new rainbow obi be a situationally good option for Flash Nova with the right day/weather?

Also check those pants please, looking for more opinions about them.
I think they can potentially become a really nice option for TPing.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-19 05:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess one of the good things of Flash Nova is that it doesn't interrupt the SC flow of other DDs.
It actually does have SC properties and makes Fragmentation with itself. No clue on Exudation; don't have it.

Elemental Obi works well for Flash Nova when it's Lightsday/Aurorastorm's active, yeah.

I'd use those pants for TP definitely.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-02-19 05:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

More gear options: people ever considered WKR 115 gear?
You can augment some nice stuff on them.
Sadly you can't put accuracy (lame), only attack.
Guess that makes those items a good option for low level stuff only?

Otomi Gloves are still the only (?) haste +5% option we can get though. As a matter of fact I already have Otomi Gloves augmented with 2% haste and +8 INT and was thinking to use them for TPing.

Could either get a 8% Haste on Kabnaax hat, or put some Attack in there as well for instance.
Still think Espial's acc+5 is likely going to be the better option though.

Also, noticed some of you guys are using K'ayres ring instead of other rings with +acc. Like the PDT/Acc one from DM2 for instance, or if you want HP+ (like K'ayres) you could go for Beeline Ring.
I'm sure there's plenty of other options as well.
 Asura.Jkun
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2015-02-19 05:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomi Gloves are still the only (?) haste +5% option we can get though. As a matter of fact I already have Otomi Gloves augmented with 2% haste and +8 INT and was thinking to use them for TPing.

thrift gloves +1 have Haste +5% and give a fair amount of DEX to boot.

And Exudation is pretty bad besides the fact it has LV3 SC property.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 73 74 75