Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 73 74 75
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-06-20 19:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wish they could fix it so you can use it from macros. So annoying to go from menus >.>
But at least it's a possibility that we have and we didn't have before, so can't complain.

Very useful on fights like Maju, probably many others I can't think about atm.
Not like Maju is a treat anymore though... I remember the days when we had to Bolsterx2 or we would time out lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2016-06-20 21:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone verify this for me? I read on the big forums that pet -still does not effect the loupon if it is on the gear. Only if it is an augment will it effect the loupon this is like handlers earring as an example.
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2016-06-20 21:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Acey said: »
Can someone verify this for me? I read on the big forums that pet -still does not effect the loupon if it is on the gear. Only if it is an augment will it effect the loupon this is like handlers earring as an example.
That's pretty ***-backwards if it is.

BG Sauce?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-20 21:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I really doubt that's true. More likely that augments were the only thing fixed because only the augments were broken, and non-augmented pet stats simply worked fine all along.
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2016-06-20 21:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
I really doubt that's true. More likely that augments were the only thing fixed because only the augments were broken, and non-augmented pet stats worked fine.

I might have had it backwards then thank you
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-20 22:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Went out and confirmed that Sucellus, Rimeice Earring, and Isa Belt work as expected. I don't have Handler's/+1, so I can't test them.

Also learned that the luopan's innate -DT isn't quite 50% for uh... reasons. SE reasons. It's either 508 or 509/1024, I don't care enough to test further. Luopan takes 251 damage from 1k needles with one character in range.
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2016-06-21 07:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a random question about Geomancer.

Once you cast indi and/or Geo spells with handbell/geomancy equipment do you need to keep said equipment on for indi/geo spell to be strong?

I'm curious because say I want to nuke for burst or whatever or I want to throw on a Gyve Doublet to give the party an extra 10 magic attack bonus, I'm not sure if I'd be weakening my spells doing so, or if they work like every other spell.

Thanks
 Odin.Orome
Server: Odin
user: orome
By Odin.Orome 2016-06-21 07:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »
I have a random question about Geomancer.

Once you cast indi and/or Geo spells with handbell/geomancy equipment do you need to keep said equipment on for indi/geo spell to be strong?

I'm curious because say I want to nuke for burst or whatever or I want to throw on a Gyve Doublet to give the party an extra 10 magic attack bonus, I'm not sure if I'd be weakening my spells doing so, or if they work like every other spell.

Thanks

Nah, you'll only need the skill stuff on for the casting itself as the potency is based on the equip you have on when casting. Once the cast is done, feel free to change into whatever you want and nuke away. \0/
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-24 07:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So for enfeebling do we need a bunch of +skill? Just +mag acc? Having some issues landing enfeebles on high mobs despite merlinic with near max +mag acc on it.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-06-24 07:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
So for enfeebling do we need a bunch of +skill? Just +mag acc? Having some issues landing enfeebles on high mobs despite merlinic with near max +mag acc on it.

I believe u will need enfeebling skills as well. I made a enfeebling set with magic accuracy. I landed stuff like frazzle on AA sky gods. There's a set on the front page.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-24 08:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Does that mean a Gada with mag acc would be our best enfeebling club?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-06-24 20:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Armeth said: »
Is there a difference in what your handbell and geomancy skills actually do?

There's no pick and chose. Ur goal is to get to 850 then 900 combined skills. U can get to 850 with gear alone then work on JPs. Sorry that didn't answer ur questions
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-24 20:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Handbell skill is only counted when you have a handbell equipped, whereas geomancy skill is always applied. That's the only difference. In practice they're equivalent.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2016-06-29 08:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Armeth said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Handbell skill is only counted when you have a handbell equipped, whereas geomancy skill is always applied. That's the only difference. In practice they're equivalent.
Thank you very much.

Can I get away with not using the Renaye ring? I've noticed that most sets of gear in these guides use quest and mission rewards without at least providing an alternative. In fact, what would I do for my black mage for a Fast Cast ring without the Weatherspoon ring, for example? I feel like every guide for every job should at least consider that...
Absolutely you can get away with not using it! Once you get enough JPs(Gifts), Dunna, Merits, some of the AF/Relic/Emp pieces, Solstice, augged JSE cape(WKR) or Incanter's Torque(this gives 20 skill combined 10 geo/10 handbell) you'll be able to easily hit the cap of 900 and blow it away anyway; nothing after 900 skill will matter though. You don't need all these to hit the magic 900 combined skill I was just listing all(iirc offhand) the pieces that help with it.

As for BLM fastcast ring and for GEO too you options are prolix ring, Veneficium Ring if using GS & I believe theres a newer fastcast or OCC Spellcasting ring from Zitah or Ru'ann but might be wrong.

Edit: BTW if you don't have a Dunna yet DO NOT use Filiae Bell(15 skill) over Nepote Bell(+5 Geomancy (not skill))!!! The Nepote Bell will buff you buffs way more!!!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-07-07 22:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to hit a new geo tier with these new Stikini Ringz?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-07 23:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

no
[+]
 Shiva.Rejected
Server: Shiva
user: Redacted
By Shiva.Rejected 2016-07-10 14:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What Stat aug are people doing on the Ambu cape? I have Eva/M.Eva and Pet Regen, just not sure what to do on the first aug slot. If it helps this is going on a dualboxed second account that will likely just be putting up bubbles, no nuking/debuffing. I can't decide between VIT for a hybrid Pet/Master cape or just MP. Or other smart options I don't know about.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-10 14:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I chose INT. Many magic attacks and debuffs use a dINT check, so it's essentially another 10-20 meva in any situation where that applies.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Iuno
user: freyavp
By Asura.Iuno 2016-07-11 15:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

are there any spells i should be buying from AH that are essential as a noob geo? i have the indi poison they started me with so far.
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2016-07-11 17:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Question I found a quote in the geomancy page on wiki:

៛ As of July 2016, the potency increasing factor of the Ergon weapon and any handbell do not stack. - Source

This wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, and the only reason I noticed it, was because someone mentioned it in a LS of mine.

Is this true? Did they ninja nerf Idris?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-07-11 17:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sabishii said: »

៛ As of July 2016, the potency increasing factor of the Ergon weapon and any handbell do not stack. - Source

This wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, and the only reason I noticed it, was because someone mentioned it in a LS of mine.

Potency increasing factor is a weird way to say Geomancy+.... but anyway.

Geomancy+ pieces have never stacked. We just didn't know that till someone finished an Idris. And that was a looong time ago, not this month. So I dunno why that says july 2016.
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2016-07-11 18:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iuno said: »
are there any spells i should be buying from AH that are essential as a noob geo? i have the indi poison they started me with so far.

To be able to get the geo spells you need to have the indi spell. So you will need to have all the indi spells eventually
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2016-07-11 20:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Asura.Sabishii said: »

Potency increasing factor is a weird way to say Geomancy+.... but anyway.

Geomancy+ pieces have never stacked. We just didn't know that till someone finished an Idris. And that was a looong time ago, not this month. So I dunno why that says july 2016.
SE told us GEO+ wouldn't stack when Idris was released. Idris' GEO+ 10 would be what you got.
 Asura.Iuno
By Asura.Iuno 2016-07-12 04:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

how does geomancer get access to t4 elemental magic? see mentions of casting thunder and stone 4
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-12 05:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

how does geomancer get access to t4 elemental magic? see mentions of casting thunder and stone 4

Tier 4 is baseline. Tier 5 is from JP gifts.
 Asura.Iuno
By Asura.Iuno 2016-07-12 05:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Tier 4 is baseline. Tier 5 is from JP gifts.
o the wiki picture on FFXIclopedia is super out of date then
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 73 74 75