New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Plugins broken via Version Update
Plugins broken via Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 102 103 104
 leo
By leo 2015-12-14 08:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If this bug manifests on the mog house you can still use the mog safe from the main menu but if you do, you won't see the text from moogle who usually says something every time you select a option on the menu.

For the game logic, if you can't target something it's like if it wasn't there... Even if for the server it is.

That bug is exactly why they had a emergency maintenance after the November update.

They sure like their spaghetti... lol
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2015-12-14 09:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if a windower plugin could be made that force a "Refresh of entity informations" and make the client reload the data from server
VIP
By Iryoku 2015-12-14 09:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe someone more clever can figure out a client-side solution, but the only thing I can come up with is effectively a pos-hack out of bounds and back; not something I'm willing to unleash upon the unsuspecting public as a "fix".
 Sylph.Mozhat
Server: Sylph
user: Mozhat
By Sylph.Mozhat 2015-12-14 09:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
I wonder if a windower plugin could be made that force a "Refresh of entity informations" and make the client reload the data from server

Reason I asked this is. SE hasn't addressed the issue. Either people that don't use windower is not having this problem or no one is complaining to get this problem fixed.
My self I think its on SE side.

Let face it. Think about all the content that been poured out in the last year. Over loading the servers. Then think about, if we still had over 3000 people online at the same time, on a server, now. There would be no way in hell this game could function.

I know Sylph server having this problem. It really sucks to pop a escha NM just to find out a party member can't be healed, and if its the tank, your screwed. Just lost a pop.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-14 09:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Mozhat said: »
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »

Reason I asked this is. SE hasn't addressed the issue. Either people that don't use windower is not having this problem or no one is complaining to get this problem fixed.

Let face it. Think about all the content that been poured out in the last year. Over loading the servers. Then think about, if we still had over 3000 people online at the same time, on a server, now. There would be no way in hell this game could function.

I know Sylph server having this problem. It really sucks to pop a escha NM just to find out a party member can't be healed, and if its the tank, your screwed. Just lost a pop.
Take the time to notice who is there when you're popping, while this issue exists it will pay to be extra vigilant, yesterday my friends and I were doing Ru'Aun T2 NMs and regularly had people not appearing, we always made sure before we popped that we had no issues.
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-12-14 09:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a workaround, but you have to die first.
[+]
 leo
By leo 2015-12-14 09:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have windower and it happens all the time to me. Pure annoyance. Honestly I think it's a server bug. If it was a client bug they wouldn't need to suspend the game to service it, like they did the last time. It looks like the people who are currently working with the game don't have yet a full grasp of the code they're messing with.

A product like this game is like an onion. With several layers of code made by several people who think different from each other. Doing serious low level refactoring (they are in a process of changing packet/protocol structure atm, no?) of such a kludge must be a programming nightmare... lol
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-14 10:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I pushed an addon to -dev named "Remember" that should address this problem. It currently has a debug statement in it. If you see the debug statement spam a lot, please tell me what you were doing when it happened.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-12-14 10:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is down to one developer for FFXI. The smarter ones went on to other things. Note, I said other things instead of better, because clearly, they don't know FFXI is the best.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2015-12-14 11:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Either people that don't use windower is not having this problem or no one is complaining to get this problem fixed.

I've heard people complaign about it that say they dont use windower.

Also it makes sense that people using windower would be more likely to complain, as they seem to take the game more "serious" (very lossely and generally speaking)

leo said: »
. If it was a client bug they wouldn't need to suspend the game to service it, like they did the last time. It looks like the people who are currently working with the game don't have yet a full grasp of the code they're messing with.
They might need to suspend the ffxi service to update it with the fixed software.

in my eyes it can be both client or server, that apparently are dropping some info or getting out of sync.

But it think you are right in grasping the code. how many times had they changed dev teams. I bet FFXI and generally mmo probably have a pretty convoluted code.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-14 11:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as the specifics of the problem, the issue is that SE fails to send a 0x00E or 0x00D packet with a full information bitmask. Thus the character ends up with an ID of 0, no name, and no position information. Hence, it doesn't render.

The addon that I pushed to -dev looks for these orphaned indexes and sends a 0x016 outgoing packet requesting a full 0x00E or 0x00D packet, which subsequently causes them to spawn.
[+]
 leo
By leo 2015-12-14 11:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

They have updated the client data in the past without suspending the service nor obligating everyone to disconnect.
 Sylph.Mozhat
By Sylph.Mozhat 2015-12-14 12:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I pushed an addon to -dev named "Remember" that should address this problem. It currently has a debug statement in it. If you see the debug statement spam a lot, please tell me what you were doing when it happened.

Thank you for trying to help with this issue. /smile
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-14 13:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Everytime I launch windower it downloads an update to guildwork and infobar but I guess fails? Since it will do that every time I launch windower.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-12-14 14:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The Guildwork plugin is hosted on both the Windower site and on Guildwork. GW tries to update itself from the GW site, so it gets the new version from Windower, but GW still has the old version, so it overwrites the new version. Stan has been notified and he should update it shortly.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-12-14 15:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh god, thank you for Remember.

This has been PISSING ME OFF.

/sends internet cookies
 Sylph.Subadai
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2015-12-14 16:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I get a bit of spam (between a dozen and twenty messages) when I enter my mog garden: Sent out an information request for index 66/67. (Edit: the entries alternate between 66 and 67.)
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-14 16:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I get remember?

EDIT: Nevermind I worked it out.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-14 16:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I just pushed another version to -dev that might take care of the mog garden spam (and spam in general).

Please let me know if it still prevents people from staying despawned.

Edit: Oops, pushed a new version. I accidentally deleted something important before pushing the last version.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-14 17:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, pushed a version live.

It appears to move plants in your mog gardens sometimes, but that seems harmless enough and this bug is super annoying for anyone trying to do anything in a group these days. Also, I can't figure out how to stop it from moving plants, so there's that.
[+]
 Sylph.Subadai
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2015-12-14 18:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Mog garden spam is gone, I only get one to three debug messages for 64, 65, 66, and/or 67, which I assume is expected.
 Asura.Lyralei
Server: Asura
user: aukmoo
By Asura.Lyralei 2015-12-14 22:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue with PetTP showing weird HP/MP values should be fixed soon, I just created a pull request containing the fix. If you want to update early you can get it here. It's just due to the HP/MP fields in the packet libs being reversed.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-12-15 00:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for that! Those fixes should be live now. Guildwork should also be updated now (or any minute now). Stan took a bit longer because of a mistake I made that made it crash on certain incoming packets, so sorry about that!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-12-15 11:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this is windower or what, much less if someone already mentioned it, but something is making the mobs I am attacking blink repeatedly during the battle. I am working now, but when I have a bit of free time I will try to find out which plugin/addon it is.

Edit: it is gone now after relogging for updates
 Cerberus.Keshan
user: Ready
By Cerberus.Keshan 2015-12-16 12:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Shortcuts not working, or is it just me? :<
 Phoenix.Enochroot
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2015-12-18 12:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this is battlemod or what, but inside abyssea with every kill i'm getting an "earns a merit point! (total:75)" - only happens in abys.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-18 12:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

IIRC I checked and this happens no matter what you have loaded. I think it's actually a server glitch that occurs as long as you have capped merits.
 Phoenix.Enochroot
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2015-12-18 13:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hah, not surprising at all. Thanks for the head's up. :)
 Sylph.Mozhat
By Sylph.Mozhat 2015-12-18 14:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

PoL keeps crashing.
4xs today so far, just out of the blue, the game crashes.
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 102 103 104