By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-19 12:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Dalmascas freedom for 'dat ***.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-19 12:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not even they're peasants. Ashe is a fugitive from the start and has little time to be wasting on formalities when people are trying to kill you. She shuts Vaan down because he's a kid, a stupid kid asking stupid questions.

Throughout the game shes burdened with all these responsibilities to herself, country, God (dem Occuria) and promises of peace vs. assured war.

I think XII was pretty good at showing that a political FF is something that can both use the fantasy trope while also veering away from a IV-esque cheesefest. A pity the game wasn't well received by fandom.

Also good points.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-19 12:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Noah and Basch grew up in the Republic of Landis before it was invaded by the Empire. During the invasion, Basch fled their hometown to the Kingdom of Dalmasca to serve with the military, while Noah moved with his sickly mother to Archadia, her homeland, where he adopted his mother's surname, Gabranth, and joined the Archadian Military. He climbed the ranks, and with the backing of Emperor Gramis, became Judge Magister. Gabranth was placed in charge of the 9th Bureau, primarily concerned with the gathering and dissemination of information for the Emperor.

Gabranth demonstrates a ruthless and cruel demeanor imprisoning his brother and keeping him alive while informing him of every failure his former knights suffer after the Archadian occupation. Yet Gabranth remains a respectful follower to Emperor Gramis to the point the Emperor appoints him bodyguard to his son Larsa.

Though he acts as a faithful Imperial Gabranth's motivations relate to his hatred toward his believed dishonorable failure at protecting Landis, and in turn he directs his hatred toward Basch for abandoning him and their mother to fight for Dalmasca. By the end Gabranth is a broken man, but regains his motivations and makes amends with his brother.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-19 12:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What the *** are the odds two bros go to two different armies, climb the ranks around the same time and both become generals both deeply trusted by their respective monarchs?

lol

And I thought the twin bros thing was silly.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-19 12:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a game, that kinda throws logic out the window
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-19 12:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Still think he's one of the weak links in the story. Not everything needs to be defended.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-19 12:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't defending it, I provided some info on his role in the game to refresh your memory

I liked Gabranth but some of the story decisions didn't make sense in the game. This may have been because the director stepped down though. Who knows what he had in mind and what changes he would have made to the story along the way if he had stayed.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-19 12:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest *** you in XII, otherwise known as SPEAK ENGLISH ***:

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-19 13:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
This may have been because the director stepped down though. Who knows what he had in mind and what changes he would have made to the story along the way if he had stayed.
To get back on main topic: this time at least we know for sure Nomura's story is fully his work and the new director is just working on finishing the product.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-19 13:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Nomura's games but he's not the best at keeping to schedules lol, he needs someone that is to watch over him
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-19 13:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if they ever release XII HD I hope they make fixing Vaan's inverted abs their first priority.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-09-19 14:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That car is just bothering me throughout the whole trailer. I keep trying to watch the video and rattling around in my head is "car, car, car, car, CAR" in my Final Fantasy.

Not even like a fantasy car with spikes and magical engines or some ***but a BMW roadster. And the cast isn't helping either.

Previous FF's had various modes of transportation, what's bothering me is all the paved roads and how much they are focusing on the damn luxury car. Steam punk FF was cool but those kinds of roads mean regional and possibly global infrastructure, we might as well be looking at Final Fantasy New York to be followed by Final Fantasy Miami and Final Fantasy LA. The fun FF's had just enough technology to have fun with, but it didn't overpower the entire game world. Most only had one or two cities that were high tech with the rest being Renaissance / Victorian era with whatever the "super duper magiko tech" was sprinkled in for flavor.

On the topic about the men, it's not that they are modeled as skinny well dressed boys, that's just East Asian pop culture for you, it's usually how those characters are dialog wise. Always indecisive, always needing someone else to tell them what to do. It makes them really weak and annoying main characters, you end up liking the supporting characters more due to their strength. I know your supposed to have character growth, but starting the guy at negative levels is a very cheap way to stretch plot lines. "We're going to make him artificially weak so that later on when he grows a backbone and acts like a normal person it will seem to be this immense moment of growth".
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-19 14:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, almost as useful as the map of Yorcia Weald.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-19 14:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
That car is just bothering me throughout the whole trailer. I keep trying to watch the video and rattling around in my head is "car, car, car, car, CAR" in my Final Fantasy.

Not even like a fantasy car with spikes and magical engines or some ***but a BMW roadster. And the cast isn't helping either.

Previous FF's had various modes of transportation, what's bothering me is all the paved roads and how much they are focusing on the damn luxury car. Steam punk FF was cool but those kinds of roads mean regional and possibly global infrastructure, we might as well be looking at Final Fantasy New York to be followed by Final Fantasy Miami and Final Fantasy LA. The fun FF's had just enough technology to have fun with, but it didn't overpower the entire game world. Most only had one or two cities that were high tech with the rest being Renaissance / Victorian era with whatever the "super duper magiko tech" was sprinkled in for flavor.

On the topic about the men, it's not that they are modeled as skinny well dressed boys, that's just East Asian pop culture for you, it's usually how those characters are dialog wise. Always indecisive, always needing someone else to tell them what to do. It makes them really weak and annoying main characters, you end up liking the supporting characters more due to their strength. I know your supposed to have character growth, but starting the guy at negative levels is a very cheap way to stretch plot lines. "We're going to make him artificially weak so that later on when he grows a backbone and acts like a normal person it will seem to be this immense moment of growth".

Quote:
Noctis Lucis Caelum — the latest in a lineage of kings, and the heir apparent to the throne — leads the kingdom of Lucis, a country holding the world's last crystal, which is beneficial to his country's military, political, and economic standing. Because of increasingly apparent industrialization in contrast to neighboring nations (making them equivalent to a modern developed nation), Lucis has isolated itself from the rest of the world.

At one time, all other countries also possessed a crystal, but lost them due to fighting over them. They thus pooled their resources into weapons and warfare, granting them firearms along with swords and magic, becoming modern and advanced in only their military power, and in consequence, left regressive in their cultural and societal aspects, severely affecting their standards and quality of life. A cold war has gone on between Lucis and the rest of the world about the use and possession of the last crystal, but recently, a peace treaty was negotiated, ending the standoff. Under the guise of peace however, the kingdom of Niflheim breaks the treaty, conquering the nearby nations of Solheim, Tenebrae, and Accordo before attacking Lucis. During the chaos Noctis and his friends attempt to stop the seizure of Lucis's crystal before the affair escalates into a global war.

There exists a myth in the kingdom of Tenebrae about a goddess of death, the Goddess Etro, who is said to greet the souls of the deceased, and open the door to the afterlife. When the door opens, the released souls burst out in a streak of light that ascends to heaven. Few people are able to see the light, and those who can are given power from the Kingdom of the Dead. Both Noctis and Stella have gained this power, and such power allows them to see and predict the death of individuals.

I don't know how much you've read about the story, but that might shed some light on why there are so many paved roads around the city. There might not be any (hopefully) once you get far enough away from Noctis' country.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-19 14:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-09-19 14:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh so typical "protect mother Gia from evil bad polluting peoples" crap-shoot world line. That is pretty standard fare for FF games, really hope they don't go all preachy and try to get into "real world" politics. I like my fantasy games to stay fantasy games, otherwise it ruins the enjoyment.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-19 14:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

12 did RL politics fine and not wading into obvious love story tripe was also great.

Obviously interested in eachother, manages not to melodrama up the place.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-19 14:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh so typical "protect mother Gia from evil bad polluting peoples" crap-shoot world line. That is pretty standard fare for FF games, really hope they don't go all preachy and try to get into "real world" politics. I like my fantasy games to stay fantasy games, otherwise it ruins the enjoyment.

Seems more like 'stop the bad guys from stealing your crystal/stop the bad guys and retrieve your crystal' rather than protecting the planet. I see no mention of protecting the planet. There might be that later in the game but from the synopsis I'm not getting that. Noctis' father (the king) also has some role in the game and it seems like he, and Emperor Idola Aldercapt of Niflheim, has the same or similar powers to Noctis so that will be interesting to learn about.

Seems more like XII to me since you have a peace treaty being signed but Niflheim betrays Lucis during the ceremony and Emperor Aldercapt holds the king at gunpoint.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-19 15:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

12 did RL politics fine and not wading into obvious love story tripe was also great.

Obviously interested in eachother, manages not to melodrama up the place.

I think the thing I liked most about them was that it was never a question, it wasn't a budding, struggling, angst-ridden relationship; clearly they were already in a comitted relationship (despite the amount of fan images out there that depict Balthier and Ashe...)
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-20 04:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Gdi Leon post in the proper thread or it gets lost!

Leon Kasai said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

So, the teleport ability looks extremely similar to the psychic powers of Layle from FFCC Crystal Bearers, which was very fun to play. That+KHesque battle system sounds like fun! Really hope there'll be classes though(and I mean a system a bit more expanded than the shitty paradigms of 13).
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-20 05:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

In HD

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-20 20:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
a few more details about that FFXV demo that comes with Type-0 HD.

- It can take anywhere from 1 to 4 hours to beat, depending on if you want to use the car a lot or not
- It may or may not feature a dungeon and chocobos
- Duscae is the name of a location in the demo, hence the name "Episode Duscae"
- There won't be any boss fights, but you can fight the Adamantoise from the trailer if you wanted to, though apparantly, he will take a while to take down
- Apparantly how it ends is gonna be awesome
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-09-20 23:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard the person involved in making FF6 and FF9 is either involved in FF15 or FF16. Can anyone confirm which it is? Maybe this game has a ray of hope.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-09-20 23:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Seems more like 'stop the bad guys from stealing your crystal/stop the bad guys and retrieve your crystal' rather than protecting the planet. I see no mention of protecting the planet. There might be that later in the game but from the synopsis I'm not getting that. Noctis' father (the king) also has some role in the game and it seems like he, and Emperor Idola Aldercapt of Niflheim, has the same or similar powers to Noctis so that will be interesting to learn about.

Seems more like XII to me since you have a peace treaty being signed but Niflheim betrays Lucis during the ceremony and Emperor Aldercapt holds the king at gunpoint.

It'll be tossed in, guaranteed. "bad guys made weapons and were bad so their crystal died, now they want to take the good guys crystal". I'm just hoping it's just back story and not a plot item, really don't like political messages being forced into your face in a video game.
By Artemicion 2014-09-21 00:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
I've heard the person involved in making FF6 and FF9 is either involved in FF15 or FF16. Can anyone confirm which it is? Maybe this game has a ray of hope.

Hironobu Sakaguchi? Doubtful, considering he works for Mistwalker now, at least to my knowledge. They haven't made anything of significance since The Last Story for the Wii; which sadly didn't do too well.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-21 00:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Altimaomega said: »

Hironobu Sakaguchi? Doubtful, considering he works for Mistwalker now, at least to my knowledge. They haven't made anything of significance since The Last Story for the Wii; which sadly didn't do too well.
was it at least half decent? or just didn't sell well?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-21 00:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
Dat Ashe
hmm, I may need to pull out my ps2 and finally give XII a whirl, dat ***.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-09-21 00:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Bismarck.Misao said: »
Dat Ashe
hmm, I may need to pull out my ps2 and finally give XII a whirl, dat ***.
Play it on pc with ps2 emulator, looks so much better than on ps2 X_x
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 54 55 56