Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST gear sets
BST gear sets
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2013-07-21 18:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Moepapa Stone is amazing, not sure about the Oneiros. I don't know the stats offhand. I use Rajas/Epona's for my set.

As far as merits go, I did 5/5 Reward and 5/5 Call Beast for group 1. I solo a lot and pet's die unexpectedly sometimes, so having that CB recast lower is very helpful.

Group 2 I did 5/5 Beast Affinity and 5/5 Feral Howl. Main reason I took 5/5 Feral Howl is because when I solo Dynamis, it's an extra proc. Inside Abyssea, Feral Howl will miss 100% of the time, much like Charm. Outside Abyssea, it has saved my butt on too many occasions to count. I don't see 1/5 FH and 4/5 BH being a bad combo, it really comes down to your playstyle. I play very risky and die a lot too lol.

Also, if you don't have it yet, 5/5 Ruinator all the way. If you can't get your hands on Falcor due to AH being out, I'd recommend going with GooeyGerard then DipperYuly before resorting to any other pets. Gooey's tend to be pretty cheap and in pretty high demand. He is a good tanky pet, same with Dipper and his evasion.

If you need anything else, just post and I'll try to respond whenever I see it. I try to check the BST forums at least twice a day. I'm not the best BST in the world, but I think I've played it enough to be able to help out a bit. :p
[+]
 Fenrir.Trump
Server: Fenrir
user: trump
By Fenrir.Trump 2013-07-21 19:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Sthrnrebel! The Oneiros is 3 ACC and 2% triple attack latent that requires over 100 mp. I don't think I will be able to get a hold of Eponas anytime soon which is why I eyeballed this one. Also 3 pieces of Karieyh will help hit 105mp so I thought it was a good stepping stone until I can get a Epona.
 Fenrir.Trump
By Fenrir.Trump 2013-08-02 17:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Sthrnrebel and Falkirk! I have been working on my BST for a week or so now after all the advice given. This is where I am at now:

ItemSet 309931
ItemSet 309932
ItemSet 309934

I hope I am on the right track... I tend to play hybrid like for the most part.

I am wondering what should be my priorities from here on with the following:
-plasm gear (not sure if I want to go asperity/7%da earrings just yet before any mikinaak or maybe replacing aalak axe with brethren)
-pet only gear (time invested vs reward output)

Keeping in mind I mainly solo and have a hard time getting into parties. :)
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2013-08-03 11:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Replacing Aalak with Brethren is easily your best plasm choice, your next aim is to get some Mikinaak Greaves and an Asperity Necklace, as these pieces need no ranks in order to make a clear dps upgrades.

The Mikinaak Body and Legs with low ranks are great accuracy options for Ruinator, and with enough ranks will eclipse all choices in their respective slots for any situation. The head is also good for Ruinator but requires high ranks in order to replace Q/Y Helm and Mekira Oto. The Head and hands - with some decent ranks put in make some very decent accuracy TP pieces.

The earrings are not worth getting for BST unless you plan on Single wielding alot (not recommended) - Get a Suppanomimi and use Suppa/Brutal.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jicamakid
user: JicamaKid
By Fenrir.Jicamakid 2013-08-05 19:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

anybody working on a up to date WS ruinator, TP and pet gear set with all this new stuff out now like see what I need to replace now and work on thank you :). Update Aug 5 gear!
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-08-05 20:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm looking into some BST TP/WS sets for delve/delve bosses, all of these are based around capped acc/atk/killer effects active.

ItemSet 310201
I have no idea which body would be best here, between Ferine +2, R15 miki, and phorcys.
ItemSet 310199
Alterations could include Quauhpilli helm, Nomkhapa mittens(Ionis haste making up for the loss), rancor collar, not sure what else. I realize the subligar is a bit eccentric, but it seems like a good option with the whole capped acc/attack thing. Any advice? Have yet to do any spreadsheet comparisons.
By Luthiene 2013-08-13 17:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm new to BST and just got my *** handed to me VS byakko. Granted I dont have the best gear, pretty average. 2x Aalak axes, AF3+2s, suppa, brutal. I'm guessing I overestimaded how strong Falcorr is and I underestimated how hard Byakko hits, which was also the reason I forgot to use familiar.

But you learn from experiences. Now, I'm guessing I need to invest some time and money into making my pet stronger. Do you guys tend to use a Pet Haste Gear, a Pet -DT set, or a hybrid of both when soloing hard ***? Would it be asking too much to post a Normal and a High End set?
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-14 04:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

By jayponry 2013-08-14 07:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Byakko is noob .u should always use familir especially now that it's a one hour recast.if u have any type of reward build u Should be able to beat Byakko..worst comes to worst use run wild
By Luthiene 2013-08-14 11:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, got it. Use familiar always. Still, could anyone post some gear pet PDT/Haste gear sets please?
 Fenrir.Trump
By Fenrir.Trump 2013-08-14 15:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Luthiene said: »
Ok, got it. Use familiar always. Still, could anyone post some gear pet PDT/Haste gear sets please?
Maybe this can help you out:
ItemSet 310968
Maybe subwield a -11% PDT axe?
Anwig go PDG/Haste
Mirke go Crit/DA, and or Attack/Accuracy
Desultor Tassets that I did not include can go Attack/Accuracy/STP
Angel Rings have chance to get +4 accuracy
Armada has pet haste augments with earth tatter
There is a -2 PDT neck, a 5% defense gloves, and Oneiros Cappa as well.

Good luck? Most of these are a pain time consuming thing to do... I know cause I am currently doing them... :P
[+]
By Luthiene 2013-08-15 04:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet, thanks for the info Trump, will prove to be very useful. I may make a PDT Axe, im guessing a 2nd one is worthless to have if you have Kerehcatl / Hunaphu or Brethren Right?

Any idea what is cap on Pet DT and Haste?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2013-08-15 04:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much, yeah. Keep a high iLvl axe in your main hand and offhand your Pet: PDT axe if you like.

Damage Taken for pets caps at -87.5%.
It's my understanding that pets have the same gear haste cap as players, and that the bonus 10% Haste from Familiar w/Monster Trousers +2 is considered to be in a separate category like Job Ability Haste.

So for now, Hunahpu (3%), Anwig Salade/Spurrer's Beret (5%), Skadi's Bazubands +1 (3%), Moepapa Stone/Hurch'lan Sash (5%), Armada Sollerets (4%) will give you Pet: Haste +20% total on your equipment. And then you'll have Pet: Haste +30% when augmented Familiar is active.

Happy hunting! :)
[+]
By Luthiene 2013-08-15 06:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, I finally have something solid to work towards! I am thinking I might make my Mirke oriented towards NIN and Utsu recast. Any other suggestions as to a body piece for BST??
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2013-08-15 06:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

AF3+2 Body (Empy body) is the easiest to obtain that works well for a BST master build.
By Luthiene 2013-08-16 21:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, how does one get to cap on Pet Damage Taken? My understanding is that Atma of the Ducal Guard is -50% ? If so, 2x PDT Axes (22%), Shepherd's Chain (2%), Oneiros Cappa (3%) would make a total of -77% Pet DT. Where does the other 11% come from?
 Asura.Bitesized
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2013-08-16 21:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Stout servant
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-16 21:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Specifically, the job trait itself plus the boost from AF3+2 legs.
[+]
By Luthiene 2013-08-18 01:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bitesized said: »
Stout servant
Of course it is, I was going crazy trying to find the remaining piece. Thanks!
 Fenrir.Trump
By Fenrir.Trump 2013-08-18 20:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Luthiene said: »
Out of curiosity, how does one get to cap on Pet Damage Taken? My understanding is that Atma of the Ducal Guard is -50% ? If so, 2x PDT Axes (22%), Shepherd's Chain (2%), Oneiros Cappa (3%) would make a total of -77% Pet DT. Where does the other 11% come from?
Did anyone figure out if subhanding only one PDT Axe and mainhanding a 113+ Axe is better than 2x PDT Axe?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2013-08-18 21:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you've got Hunahpu, your iLvl 114/115 pets will receive large stat boosts along with potent accuracy and evasion bonuses. Fights will finish faster, and your pets will evade more often, so you'll probably receive less overall damage anyway. In my opinion, if you've got Brethren/Hunahpu/Kerehcatl, use those instead of a second Pet:PDT Astolfo.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2013-08-18 22:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
This is what I'm using right now. It's far from "optimal", but it crushes anything below Delve level content, and it's all easy-to-obtain gear. This is both a suggestion post for people unsure of how to gear BST as well as a "what upgrades could I work toward" request for myself. Suggestions appreciated.

ItemSet 311308

ItemSet 311312

ItemSet 311310

P.S. My LS can't clear delve bosses yet, so all that gear is out of reach right now.
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2013-08-18 22:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Trump said: »
Did anyone figure out if subhanding only one PDT Axe and mainhanding a 113+ Axe is better than 2x PDT Axe?

I don't have parses to back me up, but I feel like the stat boosts from a lvl 113 (or higher, depending on your gear) pet outweigh the -pdt and the extreme loss of damage from staying with -pdt Astolfos. Those axes are dead as far as I'm concerned, other than off-handing one in a pet-only situation.
 Fenrir.Trump
By Fenrir.Trump 2013-08-22 12:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone considering using any of the Iuitl pieces for BST? I am sad none of the Iuitl has pet related stats :/
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2013-08-22 15:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from the obvious hybrid Haste/PDT/Evasion gear sets, here are some potential uses for Iuitl:

Iuitl Headgear: Charm (CHR+18), nice TP piece if you can get Double Attack+2% augment.
Iuitl Vest: Charm (CHR+18), Reward (MND+18, when you don't need to cure status ailments) - and depending on how high the Double Attack augment can get, a Ruinator piece for people who don't have R15 STR Mikinaak Breastplate.
Iuitl Wristbands: For BSTs who don't have Phorcys Mitts, a Double Attack+2% augment would make these equivalent for Ruinator. Reported PDT-4% augment, so considering they also have Evasion+16, MDB+1, and lots of Accuracy+, they'll replace Melaco Mittens.
Iuitl Tights: Cloudsplitter/Primal Rend (STR+23, MND+14, M.Acc+10, MAB+10) and if they can get Double Attack+2% at least, they'll be best-in-slot for Ruinator when accuracy is capped.
Iuitl Gaiters: Cloudsplitter/Primal Rend (STR+10, DEX+19, MND+10, CHR+24, M.Acc+15)

I'm also a little disappointed about the lack of pet stats... but at the same time, I'm glad I don't have to play Random Augments Roulette in order to get them. XD
[+]
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2013-08-24 13:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone come up with a decent build for BST with iLVL gear for Adoulin, mostly for solo; that ignores Pet? I ask this because while I own a +26% Master and +20% Pet (no 2hrs) Hybrid TP set I feel like my pet still sucks dmg wise (In Adoulin) and I end up getting hate rather quickly or can't even ride Snarl timers if mobs are dying too fast, so when I get hit I get hit quiet hard since most of the Master/Pet TP set is old gear (It's good gear, but the defence is bad), only Axes are iLVL 119/115.

I'm guessing Skirmish II gear would be a good option? I haven't looked into it much
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2013-08-24 13:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, you've got Kerehcatl? :D Grats.

Maybe something like this when your pet has hate:
ItemSet 250145
Whirlpool Greaves would work great too. And then when you're taking hate and Snarl recast isn't up:

ItemSet 302854
50% PDT, 34% MDT (depending on Dark Ring augments), Haste +24% (+25% w/Ionis). Using +1/+2 Verdigris stones can yield -4% PDT on each of the Iuitl pieces.
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2013-08-24 13:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a few weeks ago! Thanks. But I hadn't had chance to play with it, then last week I got on BST and went to do some Quests in Ceizak (I play BST on a 2nd character, since my main has all WS/Skills merits used on other stuffs and I love BST so I made one specifically for BST) for my BST toon, was doing To Catch a Predator (Kill chapulis for a KI to spawn a silly NM) and I was hitting way harder than my pet, it felt like killing fodder mobs was taking more than it should and indeed it was, because most of my TP went to healing Waltzes in between Snarls.

1st Set is exactly what I use atm -Huggin feet, but do have whirlpool greaves. 2nd Set is just what I was looking for, although I don't have D.ring :x I can work on the rest (Mostly Iuitl, I have the rest). Thanks again!

Edit: Pet was Falcorr, called with all the augments and +2 jazz
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2013-09-29 22:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been working on my BST a lot lately. I'm very happy with how it performs now, but I know it can be better. I would appreciate some suggestions on what to upgrade from here, as I've now acquired most of the gear on my "to-do list." Hurkan axe for off-hand is obvious, but I'm 0/8 on it now and will keep trying. Aside from that, what would you suggest? These sets discount "pet-only" stuff, since the gear for "pet only, master not engaged" battles hasn't really changed much.

TP: ItemSet 313821
Ruinator: ItemSet 313822

My Ruinator set is the one that really needs some work, but I'm just at a loss as to what to change. The back-piece in particular seems weak, but with Ruinator being 100% STR mod, I don't know what's better.

P.S. Legion gear is out of reach for me, if any of that is still relevant.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10